[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfi1N2duASYJnsJ7WABuimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXTJV4abkIA6-H2UpBwyBimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuUC_UqJL-6J5KRHHB-AJ

Sometimes the struggles of everyday living, the lack of energy and the swift ticking of time don't allow us to grasp whats most important not only about time but about life.

My feelings about this drama continue to grow with the passing of each episode.  You know there are dramas we wish we could remember, there are those we wish we could forget.   And there are those that allow us to see our own reflections in the story itself.

With only 5 episodes left one might be wondering how will this story wrap up.  Yet here I am thinking about what I just saw and also what I have seen in About Time.  Like a journey within ones own life this writer holds up a mirror and allows us to see time and life from almost every aspect and angle. 

Family, friends, relationships...

falling in love, out of love,the loss of love, the lack of love, loving only oneself, loving someone more than yourself and the want and need of

REAL LOVE by all.

While watching Mika and DH talking on the phone the idea at first that they were separated only to realize they were in full view of each other seemed like a touch of magic.  While listening to DH pouring out his heart " I Miss You... Even though you are in my sight... I still miss you dearly"  longing, yearning and wanting someone never looked or felt so beautiful.  As seen by this OTP and written by this stories author.

For just a moment I thought while looking at them loving each other more now than ever.  What a waste of their precious time when it is ticking away and they should be running into each others arms and holding on for dear life.  Making what ever days they have as precious and priceless as they can.

I think the writer hit me between the eyes and in the heart where it hurts the most.

Reminding me and making me realize how easy it is to judge them even in this moment.  When in reality and yes even truth, that mirror that's being held up allowing me to see is in fact looking back at me...

The choices we make in how we each spend our time... 

When completed and looking back...

Are days filled with hours, min, and seconds of choices that sum up our lives...

How we wish we had known, what we know now...

That those choices are precious and priceless...

This writer allows you & I to reflect, see and understand, don't wait till later...

But instead do it now...

I don't know how this story will wrap up I only know I am thankful it's meaning has wrapped itself around

ME...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika and Jae Yoo having a drink together. Curious about these two, he was supposed to be the second male lead but till now i haven't actually seen a romantic interest, could it be that they changed because they didn't have time to reshoot everything? Also the height difference might be a problem, Lee Sung Kyung seems a giant compared to him but i actually find it cute ^_^

원본 이미지

원본 이미지

원본 이미지

@sin hoonsim when will we ever see LSG’s forehead? :lol:  Great photo shoot for both though.

Okeeee, so I saw Episode 11 just now.  Thank god for airport lounge access.  It’s official, the odd episodes are not my faves. LOL  

Just some thoughts.

• Love DoHa dialogues once again.  Really like how direct he is when breaking off with BSB.  I appreciate the respect he has for his past relationships, whether with JA or BSB, to salvage the friendship and to part on good terms.  If I am Jang Chi-Ang, I would totally  go ahead with the deal as this is probably how he conduct his business relationships as well.  
  • Sniff, DoHa will try his hardest to help Mika live. Both are worrying about the length of time they have left, not the kind of life they should live.  They are both miserable.  Mrs. Oh really knows best.  So did Mr Park for the way he lived his life and their relationship.
  • The angst keep piling up.  The conversations at night when they were on phone were not bad, I don’t know why we can’t get the some original plots thrown in.  Writer-nim should totally consider collaborating with another writer who specializes in storytelling.  It’s like she is a lyricist in disguise and needs a composer to team up.  Anyway, I remember seeing IG fan postings of the same corner house at night where both are in different clothes and stand much closer.  Hmmm, how is this figure into their timeclock thingy.
  • I actually like PD Jo Jae-Yoo’s progression as we learn more about this man-child genius composer.  Bravo to his aunt for forcing him to grow up.  Now that he learns real life and human relationships, he’ll probably be a better PD.  In the past, he admonished Mika for not able to express love.  Now, he’s one who gets to understand if his book version of love and life are better than real life’s.  He really never connected to the musical on a personal level and his search for its leading lady was based a lot on vocal/acting talent.  In the preview of today’s episode, his eyes literally lit up when talking to Mika.  It’s as if he finally found Yoon-Hee and the reason for making the musical. 
  • Did Mika inadvertently record her talking about her secret into the plushie?  DoHa will squeeze its hand someday and hear about it huh?
  • SIL Kim Hae-Young, you are still young. DoSan and his brother believe in you.  Be your own person and not someone’s daughter in law.
  • Mika and DoHa deserve best couple nomination at tvN end of year.

This drama’s OSTs are nice!  I like all songs released so far.  Also hope, our couple gets more magazine covers.

2 hours ago, Libera said:

Mika and Jae Yoo having a drink together. Curious about these two, he was supposed to be the second male lead but till now i haven't actually seen a romantic interest, could it be that they changed because they didn't have time to reshoot everything? Also the height difference might be a problem, Lee Sung Kyung seems a giant compared to him but i actually find it cute ^_^

I am also quite tall compared to the guys in my country :( but i like the feeling of being taller. There was an anime about this height difference where the girl was taller than the guy but still they were awesomely cute. i wish they would make it into a drama in korea. also the tall girl fell in love the short guy. these two remind me of that anime... it would be so nice if they would remake lovely complex from these <3 they were bickering all the time.... ahh....

6 minutes ago, yoochun95 said:

I am also quite tall compared to the guys in my country :( but i like the feeling of being taller. There was an anime about this height difference where the girl was taller than the guy but still they were awesomely cute. i wish they would make it into a drama in korea. also the tall girl fell in love the short guy. these two remind me of that anime... it would be so nice if they would remake lovely complex from these <3 they were bickering all the time.... ahh....

Call it the Height of Love boom!

Seriously so many ppl around her dying..too much !! What's the point?  I wouldn't be surprised if finally  DH dies  and all his yrs are transferred to Mika..

If SN knew her death time maybe she wrote a letter to Mika before dying telling about the time clock? She did tell Mika at the funeral that she is going to die soon 

Also now pretty obvious that Mika will play the role of Yeonhee.. though with so many problems and just 4 more episodes .. the musical won't be shown unless they take a 1 month tune jumo which seems unlikely

OST 5 ‘My Room’ by Hong Dae Kwang.

@sin hoonsim when will we ever see LSG’s forehead?   Great photo shoot for both though.

Okeeee, so I saw Episode 11 just now.  Thank god for airport lounge access.  It’s official, the odd episodes are not my faves. LOL  

chingu @bedifferent episode 11 & 12 are transit episodes to reach 13 LOL 

Finally, DH discover Mika’s secret? (the secret doll)

Typo error, Doha is Lee Sang Yun (LSY) ok hehe

Since About Time wrap up party is over, Do Ha moves on to next project...spotted yesterday 24.6.2018

and surprised , he looks young & fresh

Cheers everyone

@Libera What frustrates me most is that till now there are no clues to how this whole time clock work . Just when you think you’ve figured it out , the writer throws you a curveball & rewrites the rules.

With Miss Oh’s sudden & untimely death is the writer just trying to say that it’s pointless to worry about the time clock? just live your best life & treasure the moments you have with those you love? Live as if tomorrow is your last ? So is that the message thAt Mika needs to think about. Because if miss oh had two years before this , why did she suddenly die ? It has to be a message of some sort. 

Was watching eps 11 just before reading today’s recaps. Dang , it can be summarised with one word  - PAIN. For the OTP , and for me . Not just because I’m so annoyed that they are apart , but because I was really pissed off with the mum & bro. Then there’s the annoying Beth scenes. Reading the recaps , she’s obviously gone to an all time low. I guess the writer is determined to make her the classic evil second female lead . 

24 minutes ago, nikir said:

Seriously so many ppl around her dying..too much !! What's the point?  I wouldn't be surprised if finally  DH dies  and all his yrs are transferred to Mika..

If SN knew her death time maybe she wrote a letter to Mika before dying telling about the time clock? She did tell Mika arthi the funeral that she is Huynh to die soon hmm

The problem is that we saw in the first episode that SN had still 2 years to live so how is it possible that she died suddenly like this? Mika can see her clock and didn't notice changes. Does it mean that SN killed herself for this her time changed suddenly? So the clock changes based on our own choices? But the fact that also that musical actress is about today is way too much, too much unnecessary drama, there is already psycho Beth that is a waste of screentime we don't need more.

In the next episode DH will discover Mika's secret? But what secret did she really left? I don't know. I really hope that these separated time is over because now it's becoming really boring and always the same thing, it's time to move on the plot and to let Mika and DH finally be together.

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Libera What frustrates me most is that till now there are no clues to how this whole time clock work . Just when you think you’ve figured it out , the writer throws you a curveball & rewrites the rules.

With Miss Oh’s sudden & untimely death is the writer just trying to say that it’s pointless to worry about the time clock? just live your best life & treasure the moments you have with those you love? Live as if tomorrow is your last ? So is that the message thAt Mika needs to think about. Because if miss oh had two years before this , why did she suddenly die ? It has to be a message of some sort. 

Was watching eps 11 just before reading today’s recaps. Dang , it can be summarised with one word  - PAIN. For the OTP , and for me . Not just because I’m so annoyed that they are apart , but because I was really pissed off with the mum & bro. Then there’s the annoying Beth scenes. Reading the recaps , she’s obviously gone to an all time low. I guess the writer is determined to make her the classic evil second female lead . 

Yep  SNs death is  message for Mika. I think the whole point of SNs death is to show that the clock changes based on our mindset..SN perhaps didn't have the will to live after Mr.Park's death and so her time clock changed... likewise DH timeclock has changed or will change if Mika dies.. so Mika will realize this and go back to DH.  

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

I really can't be pissed with Mika's mum, she is trying her best, she wants to be a good mother, she wants to support her children but she is always been rich and never worked, she doesn't even know what work is and she is naive because she doesn't know how the real world actually works, when you will watch episode 12 maybe you will change your mind about her.

Her husband is in jail, she lost everything but she didn't abadon her family even in this time of crises, she wants to help her children, she wants to be close to them but they don't tell her anything, i feel really sad for her and i think this is also because of Na Young Hee acting, she is really doing a wonderful job.

The brother i can't stand him neither, he still ask for Mika saving, what the hell? Those are Mika hard earned money and he just wants to take them, i am happy that SH told him to grow up, to look for a job and become a man, hopefully he will.

16 minutes ago, Libera said:

The problem is that we saw in the first episode that SN had still 2 years to live so how is it possible that she died suddenly like this? Mika can see her clock and didn't notice changes. Does it mean that SN killed herself for this her time changed suddenly? So the clock changes based on our own choices? But the fact that also that musical actress is about today is way too much, too much unnecessary drama, there is already psycho Beth that is a waste of screentime we don't need more.

In the next episode DH will discover Mika's secret? But what secret did she really left? I don't know. I really hope that these separated time is over because now it's becoming really boring and always the same thing, it's time to move on the plot and to let Mika and DH finally be together.

Yes just want Mika n DH to be together.. high time.. hope they don't push it till the last episode..

I think the secret messages wud pbly be about how much mika loves  Dh and what she likes about him .. some cute romantic messages..i doubt  if it will reveal about the time clock

23 minutes ago, nikir said:

Yes just want Mika n DH to be together.. high time.. hope they don't push it till the last episode..

I think the secret messages wud pbly be about how much mika loves  Dh and what she likes about him .. some cute romantic messages..i doubt  if it will reveal about the time clock

Mika & Doha will definitely be together, my wish as well. Perhaps Mike will reveal that she loves Doha & would like to stay beside him...forever :o) , plus most important point ‘truth of lifespan clock’

i love romantic & melodrama but not fantasy (headache)

Annyeong chingudeul,

This drama got me back to this forums, after Moonlovers. 

I read everywhere, here and there, 95% were saying that this drama is a mess, but the problem is, I already fall in love with it, no matter how mess the opinion out there. I should believe in my own choice right? 

Yes, there's some cliche or predictable scene or nonsense storyline, but that's life is about, there always something out there that annoys us but we have to accept it and enjoy the ride, so we can appreciate the good when it comes. 

So, I think I will keep myself to watch this drama until the last drop and just enjoying every scene without much expectations, lols 

So, please welcome me to this family chingu, I am in with this ship

Another two cent, my theory why MK clock's stop is based on DH attention (heart) to her. But the reason why MK clock's is adding bcz of MK heart beats (it adds when she flusterred bcz of DH act towards her). Pardon me if this theory already written before, I couldnt do the back page yet. Will do it soon, I guess, because I cant wait to meet all of your love ideas for this drama.

Archived