[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@Libera That could be funeral wear. Also, there were IG fan pics of LSY wearing same dark suit leaving a hospital ward.

You’re right, two people know about Mika’s timeclock.

Perhaps Teacher Park’s...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the first cut , in a flashback scene , Mika puts a note in the soft toy's mouth and tells him to keep it a secret. Is that her telling him the truth?  What sort of trope is this?  :tongue:

I am quite certain, some love line will appear for these two :)

Bestie finds out she broke off with Do ha.

Spoiler

so far the best scene for the night - Both can finally let go. I like that JA is the bigger person here telling him how much Mika loves him. 

46 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

OMO, very good episode.  She revealed the truth to him that he will die if he still stay with her.  

But in next week's preview, DH is starting to avoid MK.  why?

Yes, I saw the preview on IG as well. It’s like he’s so mad. I’m waiting for TvN’s YTLink

@bedifferent No kiss :(

The truck of doom was a troll :D . It was his imagination when getting a panic Attack & he fainted

The two besties crying was really sad

Spoiler

Mr Park’s passing & funeral 

Spoiler

He tells her he loves her , but I think she ask if he would feel the same knowing she’s stealing his time .....she tells him the truth! :( (Edit : sorry , based on recaps she tells him he’s killing her :( ) 

Just read the recap and watched some clips.  A good episode.

DoHa was quite funny here.  Trying to confess like in a drama, returning the favor on Mika .... when she pursued him with the umbrella in the rain.  Love their scenes in the street when he chased after her.  Both leads working their magic, DH/Mika talking out their problems like this.  

Poor DH, his panic attack :(.  Mika helps him get over his fears, she was his pillar.  Seeing her walked away brought back all the anxieties.

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Yes, I saw the preview on IG as well. It’s like he’s so mad. I’m waiting for TvN’s YTLink

@bedifferent No kiss :(

The truck of doom was a troll :D . It was his imagination when getting a panic Attack & he fainted

The two besties crying was really sad

Hide contents

Mr Park’s passing & funeral 

Hide contents

He tells her he loves her , but I think she ask if he would feel the same knowing she’s stealing his time .....she tells him the truth! :(

Did she really tell him the truth because from the recap it doesn't seem like that, it looks like she told him the exact opposite that he is killing her.

"Later on, DH tells her that seh is not showing him her true heart. He knows that she is suffering. His ex and his family and SB are all his fault. He knows he shouldn’t say these things, but it won’t happen again. Please, trust me one more time. i love you.

MC listens to all this. he tells her that he knows she is suffering because of him, should he just leave her? He thinks about it in his brain all the time. Though his heart says no. When seh says that she hates him so much, it makes her about to suffocate. how did he eat and live before meeting her? He can’t live without her, so don’t run away, please.

Should I? Dn’t run away and stick with you and be with you everyday? then you will kill me.

Kill you? What are you talking about?

Not because of anyone, when I am next to you, my time gets shorter. When I saw you, time stopped and added, I don’t know why. But maybe you take my time away. So, just let me go.

DH looks stunned.

MC gets up to leave, DH grabs her.

MC – I beg you.

Dh lets go, his hand paused in the air. She keeps walking and goes back inside the funeral hall."

https://www.dramamilk.com/about-time-live-recap-episode-10/

From the preview it looks like DH came back his old cold selfish self and will marry Beth, in all this mess this is the thing that richard simmons me off the most, that they gave her all she wanted.

The second thing that pissed me off is Mika not saying the truth, WHY? Is it forbidden in dramaland to tell the truth for once?

One good thing, finally one of the exes is out, she proved to be a good person at the end but there are already way too many characters and way too many unnecessary scenes that nobody cares about. She went out in style not like Beth. 

It looks like now that the first love is out of the picture and Mika has the lead JY will spend more time with her, curious to see if he will fall in love with her, it would be the first time for him to fall in love for real and not only in theory.

@Libera Ok that will make more sense if she tells Him a lie coz it didn’t seem to jive with the preview . What the heck , can’t she just tell him the truth? 

It makes sense now why he became so cold here

So much angst !!!

4 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@triplem @Libera oh my god, noble idiocy deux. squared. x2.  DoHa’s staying away to save Mika.

In the preview, pretty scenes of them talking on the phone.  He said he misses her. :(

I was torn between putting a laugh reaction since this writer is going all out to outdo herself multiplying all her tropes . Or if I should put a sad reaction because it’s ridiculous. :D

Just now, triplem said:

I was torn between putting a laugh reaction since this writer is going all out to outdo herself multiplying all her tropes . Or if I should put a sad reaction because it’s ridiculous. :D

I was thinking the same, she not only uses every trope but also double it lol

I was sad first to see the bad writing of the drama but now i just laugh about it :lol:

The writer checked her makjang manual and "the truth" is not allowed, we will have to wait for DH to find the secret message that Mika left inside of the stuffed duck for him to discover the truth.

Mika has no choice but to twist the truth...by telling DH will kill her instead if they stay together, otherwise if DH knew the actual truth, he will sacrifice his life span to stay with Mika. (Oh my, headache)

Love my otp, best episode so far.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3yqLu-__S2cYYCed7Yqz

She didn't tell him the truth... 

Because she knew he wouldn't let go for the sake of himself...

But he would for the sake of her...

scene88151.png?w=840

How do you let go of the only person you want, need and love...

BETH & Wedding PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!!

f08d8c561ce851de8fa311195de33ac2.png

Ugh! Really?

Let's try and see if telling the truth will yield beautiful results?  Please just try it.

When the truth is told everyone can make whatever choice they want based on facts.

Let's try that!  None of this "I love you so I'm going to lie to you and  make decisions for you" business.

Trust that person!  

5 hours ago, triplem said:

So in the first cut , in a flashback scene , Mika puts a note in the soft toy's mouth and tells him to keep it a secret. Is that her telling him the truth?  What sort of trope is this?

Haha it's writer nim's own trope and her tropes are breeding like rabbits.  LOL. Earlier I asked the duckie plushie's relevance to the story.  Now I know. LMAO.   His beak holds Mika's secret.  Hahaha.  Funny that you write your 'secret' and stuff it in the plushie ... for what?  To be 'discovered'?  Who does that?  If Mika just whispered her secret she will be certain it will not be known.  She really had to leave traces of her secret within Doha's territory. How convenient. And let me guess Doha will find this little secret note Mika stuffed in duckie.   Writer nim, you're the best hahahaha. 

I see where this is going just like your typical Korean drama. She doesn't keep Doha honest, they drift apart. I wonder if Mika will go to a far flung fishing village. Doha finds Mika's secret scribbled in a little post it note then comes running after her hahaha ... then play music 'reunited'  by peaches and herb.  Hahaha.  I've seen this scene several times in kdrama land LOL.  

18 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

Oh sesange.. At first this drama mesmerized me, fresh, quite unique, funny.. but then on ep. 9 boom!!! The infamous noble idiocy came with full packages.

DH & MK can handle the hardest part when DH hyung in critical condition. But this?? Unbelievable. Why they don't sit down and talk like an adult? Find the best solution. i.e. scheduling their skinship, adjusting the meeting freq, etc. idk be creative jeballl.. besides.. DH has 60yrs lifespan which makes him will life until 90yrs++ old? While MK only has 80days left.

Writer nim is giving us noble idiocy with all the bells and whistles. I though I have been successful in recent years dodging it but I can't turn away from LSK and LSY. 

And I agree they should talk it out and come up with a solution that benefits both. Like Mika can ask Doha, 'can you spare me 30 years of your life?  At least we can live 30 years happily together or would you rather just live to 90 without me?'  Lmao. If they meet halfway they both die at the age of 60. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임 - Lee Sang-Yoon, Lee Sung-Kyung - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Archived