Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Quoted by @bedifferent
@sin hoonsim the camera angle at end of E4 was scary at showing how lean LSY is.  He looks fine on Vlive and at the swimming pool tho I hope he bulks up later on after the drama ends.  I like the song at the end of E4, by Pentagon?  looking forward to that OST.

all of us (faithful fans of LSY) are worried, do not want him to 'slim' down further! LOL
oh Pentagon? Someone mentioned SHINee haha, sang OST 3, let's wait it's alright
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I feel like I am cheating on My Ahjussi. I thought I wouldn't enjoy another drama so soon but About Time hit the right buttons for me this week. I wasn't quite sure with the premiere but now I am genuinely intrigued. 

Now, did my eyes deceive me or did her clock start counting down again when she clenched her fist and was angry at him in front of the restaurant?

I do want to find out about DH clock soon...another week of mystery

You aren't the only one; I noticed it, too! We've all witnessed in the drama that whenever CM is in close proximity to LDH, her time clock stops. Additionally, she gains back the time when he initiates physical contact with her. And yet at the opening scene of episode 4, CM's time clock started to go down again after hearing LDH utter the lines --

"I don't care what you think. I am going to kiss you, hug you, and sleep with you. I'm going to do that with you.. so that I won't have to worry about you anymore. So that I'll get tired of you and get rid of you. So, you should run away now if you don't want that."

Now why did that happen? Perhaps she's lost her 'connection' with him during that time because of his impetuous outburst? With her clenched fist, girl was clearly not amused with the dude's rash declaration (if I were in her shoes, I probably would've slapped him... just sayin' -_-). Anyhow, I can sense it happening again in future episodes.. So LDH is not CM's ultimate lifeline after all? What do y'all think?  

Oh and, someone mentioned in a post here that CM cannot see the time clocks of those she's close to/care for. I beg to differ. A case in point is CM's relationship with Mrs. Oh -- it's evident that both are fond of each other (Mrs. Oh even regards CM like a granddaughter). CM is aware that the elderly lady has over 2 years (I think) left to live.. As for CM's mom, brother & bestie, I guess we (the audience) aren't privy to theirs yet.

• Like 9

No wonder I thought Do San (Do Ha's older brother) looked familiar, because apparently...

Spoiler

Jung Moon Sung the actor who acted as Yoon Do San is actually one of the supporting character in The Undateables aka Handsome Guy and Jung Eum. He was the playboy guy who were 'accidentally' trained by Nam Goong Min's character :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Earth2KatyD said:

Oh and, someone mentioned in a post here that CM cannot see the time clocks of those she's close to/care for. I beg to differ. A case in point is CM's relationship with Mrs. Oh -- it's evident that both are fond of each other (Mrs. Oh even regards CM like a granddaughter). CM is aware that the elderly lady has over 2 years (I think) left to live.. As for CM's mom, brother & bestie, I guess we (the audience) aren't privy to theirs yet.

I agree, I think she can see the lifespans of her loved once.

Didn't she see her best friend's clock in episode one? Or do I remember it incorrectly. 

• Like 4

I wonder if he really will give her trouble for her career or maybe he will learn how to respect people because of her.

Kim Dong Joon started filming as soon as he was cast for 12 hours a day, it must have been really hard but he is doing a great job, kudos to him.

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o4_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o2_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o10_r1_1280.png

Spoiler

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o5_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o3_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o6_1280.png

tumblr_p9ironOIeO1t0szw6o8_1280.png

• Like 10

I think episode 4 was my least favorite episode so far. That's not to say I didn't like it, just that I didn't feel as immersed in the story as I did during the previous episodes. I think the problem was mostly that I don't understand what the characters are thinking:

Mika confused me with how she first (understandably) got mad at Doha but then said he could use her however he wanted. Um, what? I guess the writer was trying to show how she was confused due to everything that has happened (since there was that line later when she herself wondered why she said it) but because it felt like a strange thing to say based on what we know about Mika it took me out of the story.

Beth confuses me because I can't understand if she is in love with Doha or not. Sometimes I think she is. Somethimes I think she just wants Doha because she doesn't want to lose to Mika. Other times I feel like she just wants to be loved and since she's engaged to him Doha is her only option. Also I don't understand why she agreed to the engagement to begin with since we haven't been shown or told anything about it.

For Doha I think I understand his feelings towards Mika and Beth, but again I don't understand why he agreed to the engagement. Is it to get one over on his brother? Is he trying to get his father's approval? Is it just so he can continue with his cushy lifestyle? Even if he wasn't really living (as some of you put it) before he met Mika he must've had some reason.

I also agree with whoever said they felt the kiss wasn't a good choice. While I think logically it was understandable because they were both worried about each other and feeling emotional, I'm a romantic and would've preferred if they waited with the kiss until we could clearly see that they were in love with each other.

One thing I like about the drama is that the characters are not perfect but you can sympathise with them even if you don't agree with their actions.

Like I think Mika is wrong for persuing Doha since she knows he's engaged, but I understand that spurred on by her friend and desperate to live longer she would do it. Likewise I think Beth is wrong for trying to buy Mika's obedience when what she should do is talk to Doha who is afterall the person she's in a relationship with. However because Doha is so closed off with her I can understand why she approached Mika instead. 

Doha is in a way the hardest to sympathise with. I know he has his issues and that his relationship with both women are complicated but I really don't like how he is so aggressive with Mika and so oblivious with Beth.

I loved the scenes with Doha's brother. Their relationship seems so loving and I thought it was a good choice to introduce him in an episode were there was a lot of gloom. I also liked the scene between Mika and director Jo for the same reason.

The acting also continue to be good and  feel like everyone suit their character.

I hope now that Doha knows why Mika acted like she did their relationship will develop in a more sincere way. Hopefully Beth won't be portrayed as the "evil" second lead. Although I know it's not likely I would love it if she and Doha would talk properly and eventually become good friends and allies. I also hope we'll get more musical/singing numbers because I missed those.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@ladyid episode 4 is the morning after effect of episode 3's emotional chaos.  What I like about the whole episodes was how Do Ha/Mika relationship went from antagonistic to sympathetic with the help of supporting characters.  The last framed shot of 3 was DH/Mika confrontation (his frustrated declaration), 4 ends with their embrace (her emotional revelation).  Both emotional outbursts are bookends to a reflective episode for both DH/MK.  DH is an abrasive guy but he takes responsibility for his words the morning after.  Foot in mouth speaking, we all do from time to time.  I thought their car ride afterward was nicely done, role reversed with Mika in control this time.  DH''s half hearted attempt to apologize pegged him down a notch, I literally see LSY sliding down his chair at Vlive in that moment.  :D Beth served as a wake up call for Mika that her actions has consequences above her own needs.  Mrs Oh, bless her, is Yoda incarnated!  She's Mika's rearview mirror.  Our girl sure was confused and desperate.  That little meeting in the hospital room reset her mind and propel her for the "can we talk" convo at DH's house.  The episode keeps going with the addition of a new character, DH's 1/2 brother.  DoSa helps us to understand that Do Ha can be fun and affectionate when with his loved ones. We then end with Dr. Park whose patient allows Mika once again put her gift to good use, preventing a tragic ending to a stranger.  I thought they all act as Superglue to piece all the fragmented pieces from the first 3 episodes together.  

Their romance starts out as a physical attraction on DH's side.  E4 shows that maybe it can progress to something deeper like love cuz the potential is there.  They are inherently good, nice people who possibly can work out the problems, the hurdles, waiting down the line.  They seem to be equipped with some of the basic tools to be in a relationship.

BTW, Do Sa's limp and his mom... could there be a back story to DH's fear of driving.  We were shown a flashback of DH running into the emergency and a burry shot of a female.  It may not have been his old GF.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Despite some folks liking that spoilt wench Bae, here are the reasons why I don't like her (or most of the recent chaebol females featured on Korean dramas for that matter ...)

- Need I say ENTITLED? Like how many times do I need to say that? So, I have to like you because most folks grovel around you like that idiot secretary of the fiance? Why should I open that silly door for you or be more polite to you than the person next to me? Oh, because everyone around you does that makes it OK?

- Insulting and condescending. Yes - you are so nice and ‘down to earth’ by buying an expensive  dinner and over-tipping me with that thousand dollar bill which is supposed to impress me? Am I supposed to be grateful for your generosity? Even her own fiance realizes she is such a consummate snob.

- SNOBery is the only authenticity she has displayed thus far. Yes - I have the money to buy and influence anything around me to get what I want regardless. Oh, as if kneeling down to change shoes for LSK is humility to get the man I am supposed to marry, then so be it; what a clueless twit. Treating another human being as an equal regardless of finances and social position is BEYOND her comprehension – that is why she bought all those expensive items for LSK because in her mind, people with less money can be bought and have no class nor dignity. I have lost count of the number of times she has clearly flexed her money and social status. If she was TRULY talented – she can compete fairly with LSK without using any of her wealth or social status.

- Total lack of compassion. I have yet to witness that this individual can see anything other than herself and her self-interests. 

- Pretentiousness: Puh-L-E-A-S-E..... there is nothing genuine about this person. Her designer shoe is probably more genuine than her.

Time for some frappe…. Hahahahha.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I just think she figures she gave this little girl enough warning to stay away from her man, was civil and reasonable about it and if they want to ignore her it’s all on them. 

• Like 3

tvN twitter update. :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Mysteries About The Countdown Clocks On “About Time” That Are Keeping Us Guessing

About-Time-21.jpg

tvN’s new drama “About Time” continues to pique viewers’ curiosity!

The drama’s protagonist, Choi Michaela (played by Lee Sung Kyung), has a supernatural ability that enables her to see the life expectancies of those around her, including her own. The life expectancies take the form of countdown clocks on people’s bodies, and Choi Michaela’s countdown clock indicates that she has only a few months left to live.

However, after Choi Michaela meets Lee Do Ha (played by Lee Sang Yoon), she realizes that the countdown to her death mysteriously pauses whenever she is around him.

Read full article: https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/31/3-mysteries-countdown-clocks-time-keeping-us-guessing/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Guys, let’s give this actor some love :heart: for being a good sport, helping us out late.  He started filming 12 hrs after receiving the offer.  We are going to hear him sing a little later too. Kim Dong Jun has a couple of musicals under his belt.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The story is intriguing. The chemistry between the lead actors is slowly building up although you it can already be noted somewhere in ep 1. But what makes me go on watching is how they’re depicting the meaning of the phrase, “i can’t live without you”. 

• Like 6