[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

2 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Based on her declarations before starting Life, her next project should be Secret Forest 2 if everyone  which means essentially JSW and BDN are willing and available. 

Studio Dragon have made too some declaration about wanting to continue this story in 2019.

Yes, I know that she talked about  Stranger/Forest of Secrets 2 . I will love to see it but, in the same time, I wish there is a new original drama too. I want to know what it will look like, the genre of her new work.

I wish the writer will explore new things but I say yes to seeing Shi Mok and Yeo Jin all over again anytime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, titania1000 said:

through SF and Life it's crystal clear that  LSY shows a vision not only of the world in which she wants to live, but also of what could fiction and representation do to change it.

I really appreciate the dedication and ambition that she put so far in her works, though it's probably because i also share her values.

Aww, that is so sweet.  I love that you said this.  In these days and age,  it's good to hear people do still want to make a difference in the world that we live in.    Think I love Life primarily for what it represents.  I also forgot to say that the drama speaks medical terms well enough that I can overlook some of the technical errors.  I have to give LSY credit for her detailed and quite accurate grasp of the underlying tone, problem and medical issues.  She did her homework.

• Like 3

My favourites in this show were Oh Se-hwa and Koo Seung-hyo, I absolutely adored their scenes B) Of course Miss Kang was a highlight herself, especially her shipping Seung-hyo and No-eul. I also enjoyed Kim Tae-sangs mean character.

In general it was a solid drama, something you can definitely watch. I was just confused how the death of the director was made so mysterious, when it really wasn't. Anyway, I look forward to another show by this author. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

You know, I’m hurt for No-eul. I think that it was underestimated and not fully disclosed. They wrote here that it can be removed from history, but this is a lie! She is an important character for all the main characters.

LNE and GSH are a very harmonious and mature couple. Oh, I really hate this: people only see chemistry when characters swear, argue, talk sarcastically, or too sweet. But I would like to see more adequate pairs like LNE and GSH. Couples where people start with understanding, support and friendship. Thanks to the screenwriter for such a romantic line.

Sorry for my bad english.:unsure:

• 2 years later...

i am 4 years too late to this drama and I wish I was here when this was showing

although the anxiety because of the subs would have been jarring

but anyways, I scanned the forum and I'm pretty sad about the hate on lee no eul. I wonder if she was not introduced as a main cast (like the surprise appearence of ms. gorgeous reporter seo hyun), would the perception of her be better? I watched this because I followed a youtube video of the cut scenes of pres. gu and dr. lee, so I was already sold on the romance before even watching the series. I do think it was done really well. I'm crazy about the attraction between them, it's like a magnet that they could not escape from. the stolen glances, the waiting on elevators, the being aware of each others presence all the time. anyone who has ever been in crush would relate.

and I agree that pres. gu was very infatuated with dr. lee (sorry, I do not remember what page in this thread that comment came from anymore) and that dr. lee sure was already aware of her attraction but was just in denial in front of secretary kang.

also, I find her "aggressiveness" towards him reasonable. the doctors do not see gu as their boss. he's a new outside manager doing administrative duties for the hospitals, and that they all "hate" at the same time. plus, the doctors were shown to be very proud of their position, they are more educated and more skilled than gu in their opinion. so all the those complaints about her actions are just going over my head. there was no reason for her to be intimidated. if anything, she was being charitable to him.

i binged watched this so it was easier for me to draw conclusions as to the characterizations. i know it would have been different if I followed this real time. so it was pretty clear to me that mr. gu was not "the" villain. everyone was looking out for his/her own interests. since I'm from a management background, I agreed with mr. gu more and just found the directors to be spoiled brats who did not want to leave their comfort zones. of course things are more complicated.

even with the relationship of chairman cho and president gu, I kinda understood the chairman too. for me, he's all talk and no walk, like, no one actually got hurt in the end, right? yeah, pres. gu did interfere to protect the people involved, but if chairman cho was so gungho about revenge, then something should have happened. also, I understand why he's so adversarial to president cho. just as much as the head of the restructure team was after gu's position, gu was also after chairman cho's position, and they are all aware of that. so yes, I do believe president gu accepted the new position at the global engineering plant. gu and cho are in an ongoing chess match. cho, trying to squeeze the most out of gu's competence, and gu, amassing influence and allies in the different subsidiaries. the endgame for gu is the whole hwajeong conglomerate, so he's staying onboard. lee no eul is both an asset and a liability for him. she boasts of a good profession, knows how to steer him in her own code of morality and is very sociable, she's the typical chaebol wife in the dramas already. of course, she does not have any business connections to help gu cement his stature in hwajeong, but I guess, he's confident enough in his own abilities. I really see these two getting married very soon after the drama ends.

and addional comment on doctor organ donation and activist nurse, I love how they made the ship sink in the end. they had the side character love relationship development in most dramas, but in those, there is usually a happy/promising ending. here, I literally felt the attraction burst into nothingness with his disappointment with her crude feelings towards gu - his dismissed friend - and that she was also really disappointed in finding out he was close to the enemy. I am sure doctor chang was so over nurse eun ha, and I was glad that he opened his eyes. maybe a tiny part of the reason he was staying in the hospital he abhors was his crush on her, but now that little thing is also gone, he's free!