[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

4 hours ago, zinaa said:

any news yet when they will start casting the main cast and production... why i have feeling this would be a summer drama... 

I think it will be a summer drama also and I think it will be pre- produced just like Forest of Secrets. We`ll hear news about the cast soon. :wink:

• Like 2

Thanks @larus chingu for this thread. I like Lee Dong Wook and a fan of Cho Seung Woo since The Forest.

Looking forward to this drama :).

Inviting my chingu deul~~~~

@moodypie @itsmarga @tessieroo @maryofbethany @blindfury @Nerise @gyu2003 @suchadiva42 @dimples21 @vangsweetie637 @bebebisous33 @plappi @Kasmic @nonski

• Like 4

6 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Thanks @larus chingu for this thread. I like Lee Dong Wook and a fan of Cho Seung Woo since The Forest.

Looking forward to this drama :).

Inviting my chingu deul~~~~

@moodypie @itsmarga @tessieroo @maryofbethany @blindfury @Nerise @gyu2003 @suchadiva42 @dimples21 @vangsweetie637 @bebebisous33 @plappi @Kasmic @nonski

I'm in, chingu! I plan translate this drama )))

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another actor to join in, another reunion 

http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/news_detail.asp?newsId=01233286619081328&mediaCodeNo=258

Mr Google Translation

[The Daily Star in Kim, Yoonji] The actor Yoo Jae-myeong rejoins Lee Su-yeon writer Jo Seung-woo. 

According to an official of the broadcasting company on the 25th, Yoo Jae - myeong is positively considering the JTBC new drama 'Life' (play Lee Su - yeon, director Jeon Chang - 

He is a man with a pride and a doctor about thoracic surgery. He is a person who conflicts about the newly appointed director of the hospital, Chung Sung Hyo (Cho Seung-woo), and the hospital management system. 

In particular, the relationship between Yoo Jae-myeong and Cho Seung-woo attracts attention. The two men took on the role of Deputy Chief Inspector Lee Chang-jun and Hyeongguksa Hwang-gu Mom in the previous cable channel TVN drama 'The Secret Forest' (2017) and constantly confronted and dragged the center of the story. Yoon Jae-myeong, who built up a friendly image through TVN 'Let's Answer 1988' (2015) etc, gave an intense charisma through 'The Secret Forest' and received favorable reception. The encounter of this artist, Yoo Jae-myeong, and Cho Seung-woo, who have shown good breathing in the previous works, raises the expectation for 'Life'.

'Life' is a work that deals with the stories of various people around the hospital in various ways. Actor Lee Dong-wook plays the role of Jin-Woo, the main character of Emergency Medical Center. We will finish the casting soon and plan to shoot in the first half of the year.

• Like 6

It looks like writer Lee Soo yeon indeed will cast all the actors who could not be in the second season of Stranger/ Forest of Secret. :lol: I am glad to see Yoo Jae Myung in this drama. I am looking forward to see Yoo Jae Myung and Cho Seung Woo`s new relationship on screen.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, larus said:

It looks like writer Lee Soo yeon indeed will cast all the actors who could not be in the second season of Stranger/ Forest of Secret. :lol: I am glad to see Yoo Jae Myung in this drama. I am looking forward to see Yoo Jae Myung and Cho Seung Woo`s new relationship on screen.

that is great... i loved his acting in secret forest... can't wait for the first ep :blush: 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jongski said:

Any hint? news? who's going to be the female lead?  Hoping somebody that can match the two actors in terms of acting. 

Don`t worry. We`ll have a good actress for the heroine. As the matter of fact, I want two leading ladies. :tongue:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 1/9/2018 at 4:37 AM, samzz said:

I mean power, and money struggle. Always in all medical kdrama, but in real I don't know much about Korean medical practice, but in my country, what giving headache to people who works or related to the industry is always budget. How government cut the budget, until some government hospitals are re-cyling single use devices to save money. The money is there, but not channel properly.

The same thing happens in my country. The insurance companies don't want to pay a lot of money, the government is taking away the affordable insurance programs for people that don't get insurance from their employers, it's a mess because there's no reason there is not enough money to give people the best health care without bankrupting them. It is just a big for profit business. I think the whole premise about helping sick people has gotten lost w/greed. Mianhae for the rant,  because  I love medical dramas, there's something about them. I can't wait to watch this one since we have 2 good leads and a writer that I have heard good things about his/her's work.

@zinaa @triplem @jongski @larus @yoyo_icecube @plappi @alekaonuGood to see you all here love.png

Edited by evie7
adding stuff
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 2/5/2018 at 1:58 AM, larus said:

Don`t worry. We`ll have a good actress for the heroine. As the matter of fact, I want two leading ladies. :tongue:

Aha! I wonder who. If it's someone with current or just finished dramas...   :D

As for me.. just not someone who sings  dance, please. y'all know what I mean. I'm bad I know  :lol:

Best medical drama still and one of the best kdramas [ever] made is still Brain. White Tower as well. If this is something similar to that...plus helmed by  excellent writer.. well then.. hello awards!

• Like 5

On 2/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, jongski said:

Aha! I wonder who. If it's someone with current or just finished dramas...   :D

As for me.. just not someone who sings  dance, please. y'all know what I mean. I'm bad I know  :lol:

Best medical drama still and one of the best kdramas [ever] made is still Brain. White Tower as well. If this is something similar to that...plus helmed by  excellent writer.. well then.. hello awards!

On 2/4/2018 at 9:58 AM, larus said:

I am praying hard that the female lead is Shin Hye Sun b/c she was amazing in Secret Forest, the Life writer's last project. Plus she has amazing chemistry w/ all her leading men & two of the last in a row won acting awards acting w/ her. She herself also won an award for best actress. Plus I saw a tweet w/ a picture of the coffee truck the writer sent SHS.  SHS's latest show, My Golden Life, is currently the highest rated show in the past several years. I loved her chemistry w/ Cho Seung-Woo in Secret Forest, even their BTS pics & vids were really cute. They kept it light BTS even though the show was really dark. Plus she's such a good actress that she'll make the show and those around her even better.  Since things didn't end well for SHS's character on SF, it would be awesome for her to work w/ this writer again to have a better happier ending. 

tvN liked their chemistry so much that they even unprecedentedly made two MVs, using two of their most romantic sounding OSTs for the lead character and a supporting actress.  Notice tvN even used SHS as the thumbnail pic instead of the two leads in both vids. 

• Like 3

@jongski Whoaaa, I found soneone who also watched White Tower!  Yes, I think this drama will have the same vibe.  U never know, it may start with a patient death to eventually lead us to the crumbs of a cookie :D

I like Lee Kyu Hyung a lot too so hoping he gets supporting role here. He was wonderful in FoS, currently watching him in Prison Playbook.  

Wishing for another strong heroine just like Bae Doona in the writer’s first work.  Even what’s her name, the heiress in FoS, was no pushover.  SHS’s drama will finish in March, wow, wouldn’t she need a break?

Hospital politics are complicated, you get all players involved, from the drug manufacturers, insurance agencies, hospital administrators... to investors, politicians etc.  To do the right thing for the patients often mean getting the best compromise and to do the least harm in the process.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

@jongski Whoaaa, I found soneone who also watched White Tower!  Yes, I think this drama will have the same vibe.  U never know, it may start with a patient death to eventually lead us to the crumbs of a cookie :D

I like Lee Kyu Hyung a lot too so hoping he gets supporting role here. He was wonderful in FoS, currently watching him in Prison Playbook.  

Wishing for another strong heroine just like Bae Doona in the writer’s first work.  Even what’s her name, the heiress in FoS, was no pushover.  SHS’s drama will finish in March, wow, wouldn’t she need a break?

Hospital politics are complicated, you get all players involved, from the drug manufacturers, insurance agencies, hospital administrators... to investors, politicians etc.  To do the right thing for the patients often mean getting the best compromise and to do the least harm in the process.  

You're right, she needs the break physically, but this would be such a huge break in her career to star alongside such prestigious actors, that I don't know if she can turn it down if they offered it to her. Let's hope the load is less b/c they'll be much fewer episodes and with such high profile actors, the load of doing scenes would not fall mostly on her and she would have much less responsibilities than MGL. 

• Like 2

I don't mind seeing new actresses, esp if they have  what it takes when it comes to acting. The new actress Won Jin Ah ( 26yrs old IRL) in the just finished Just Between Lovers has got big potential too. Impressive acting plus strong deep husky voice I like. Lee Sun Bin is another one I like. But I think she's doing Four men. Well whoever is the female lead. Hoping it's good choice.

@larus whoever is it you like, since you are very good judge of good actresses.  I know I'll  likely agree with you :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jongski said:

I don't mind seeing new actresses, esp if they have  what it takes when it comes to acting. The new actress Won Jin Ah ( 26yrs old IRL) in the just finished Just Between Lovers has got big potential too. Impressive acting plus strong deep husky voice I like. Lee Sun Bin is another one I like. But I think she's doing Four men. Well whoever is the female lead. Hoping it's good choice.

@larus whoever is it you like, since you are very good judge of good actresses.  I know I'll  likely agree with you :)

Thanks! ^_^ There are lots of good actresses, new or with experience. In my opinion, the roles for actresses are not meatier or substantial enough in comparison with the male roles but they still have good roles, thankfully. About Life, we already know that the two male leads will be in the central of the story. Hopefully, the female roles will be good too just like the writer Lee Soo yeon`s other work. I really don`t worry about the casting.

I believe we`ll be a younger actress for the lead role who will be on Lee Dong Wook (good guy doctor)`s side and I wish for a strong woman, an experienced actress, (it will be a suporting role, I assume) who could challenge the hospital cheif director (Cha Seung Woo). But I don`t think my wish will be fulfilled, because we already know that there is another strong male cast (Yoo Jae Myung) in the picture but who knows? :wink:

Spoiler

Unrelated with this thread... I am thinking who will be cast in the remake after BBC crime show Luther. I am watching the British version at the moment and just wonder how the Korean version will look like.

I think the succes of all these remakes and new dramas is in the prodution values. Good writer, solid script and cast, a good direction and a vision about the product. We`ll see. 

I want to see the whole cast and hope the filming will start soon. I am excited.

• Like 3

@anns isn't Shin Hye Sun busy with my golden life until the 2 or 3 of March... oh I heard they added two episodes so maybe she will be free middle of march ... so I believe they will shoot this drama in April or first week of may...

white towr was intriguing drama.. loved it 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jongski said:

Still the female lead is.. mystery. We should have hint :D 

@larus By the way, when will this air? second half of the year?

Yes, it will air in the second half of the year. I think they have the leading lady but they won`t announce her yet. Maybe there are still in talks or maybe they chose to announce later.

• Like 4