[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

25 minutes ago, Jusyed said:

can anyone share me the video clip of the tonight prevew? Ep 8?

Preview having deputy director Kim exploded when facing President Goo.  Flashbacks of some moments when he physically abused other hospital staff members including his own team.  And of course, we have a female lead who openly pursues an antagonist.  I am afraid for President Goo.  

Dr. Kim:  We were the ones who had to bear the burden  While one punk pretended to be some noble guy with determination and the rest acted like philanthropists, we had to work our asses off to pick up the slack!

It's sad to hear someone blaming his wrongdoings on others.  Does he really believe he's a selfless soul who saved the hospital with the hundreds of questionable surgeries?  Is this where the embezzled fund come from?

• Like 2

Me to myself: 

Ep 1 to 3 - Ok, we know there is going to be no romance in the story. Concentrate on the mystery and drama.

Ep 4 - There is no romance. But... but... but what about the dog and JSW and there are flower petals in the background. That's alright. Concentrate on the plot. The old director is dead for heaven's sake. The hospital. The patients.

Ep 5 - There will be no romance. Tiny hope rising with Dr. YJW-the reporter interview. Dr. LNE-President Goo watching babies in ICU. Don't fall for it. Do not fall for it. It is all a trap. There are more serious things to think about. Dr Joo is slaving away and all you think of is louve! Shame on you!

Ep 6 - Pretty reporter is back. Even if it is only for a few minutes. Hearts fluttering at the cream-strawberry sandwich breakfast in elevator! Dog shelter! Jeong-sin Cha-ryeo!!! :grimace:

Ep 7 - "Did you leave something behind?" She points to him! And don't even get me started on the rest of episode and preview!!! 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I am hoping against all logic that writer Lee Soo Yeon is compensating us for the lack of love line in SF. But Jeong-sin Cha-ryeo!!! :tounge_xd::tounge_xd::tounge_xd:  Writer, you better not play with our hearts!!

Also you better write good scan results for the puppy!! 

Will be back after anchoring my ship to discuss more plot points!

Edited by staygold
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 1

Episode 7 gave some insights into the private person that is president Goo.  We also see the Ye brothers take upon themselves to be Batman and Robin.

C9BB2642-B762-41A4-9C9B-B9C9E94C01AB

• Jin-woo walking into the empty director's room for the needed mental support after taking a (last) beating from Dr.Kim.  The look.  :ph34r:  The Dark Knight.
  • Strong likelihood Dr. Kim operated on little Seon-Woo's knees after the car accident, giving him some artificial joints unnecessary which eventually failed him.  Jin-Woo knows this.  Seon-Woo still tears up over it.  The brothers are sticking it to the man.
  • Like how hard president Goo tries to learn on the job.  He actually is a good CEO.  He understood compartment syndrome, surgical tools, nurses union salaries, mortuary expense.  I agree with No-Eul, he's the one they have been waiting for.
  • Love how Goo lowered to eye-level with Seon-Woo.  Props to Seon-Woo too for getting over his fear, going into the lion's den alone.  Grrr, assistant Kyung-Ah, please slap the orthopedic doctor.
  • I grinned when Seon-Woo breaks into a nervous smile. He has been holding his breath before.
  • Dr. Kim has been doing unnecessary ortho surgeries with artificial replacements on people of all ages over the years.  With the current technology, the joints will deteriorate in a decade or so causing pts to become physically debilitated.  Sounds like patients were never informed of the artificial parts expiration date.  Since surgical centers go under often, it's hard to make him accountable despite a streak of complaints.
  • LOL at president Goo cooperating with HIRA, while thank the god that Seon-Woo didn't come to investigate his pharmaceutical company deal.  No poking around at other stuffs, K? :lol:
  • Goo and Chang Sunwoo keep each other grounded. I like how real their friendship is.  See how uncomfortable president was when the chiefs cozying up to him. Laughed hard at their crazy one-up diagnoses of my pup.
  • Sunwoo Chang's job gets to him. How can you place the value of one person's life over another? Is it joy or sadness that he's supposed to feel?
  • How awesome is it that Nighty is a scrawny energizer rabbit-dog with a bad leg?  Is it Nighty because SHE said "Nighty"  awwwww
  • I caught the wink by dad.  He's a goner with the puppy.
  • I like how he cares only the end goal and not the methods.  He's a businessman.  " I came to do my job.  I don't plan to ruin anyone or become anyone's hope".  There has to be something you like outside of your job? B)
  • They're continue with plan to build the hospital at Songtan.  What will Goo get once he accomplished his mission? More missions? :D

@staygold hahaha... I love the romance. Writer-nim and MY JSW are sooo good.  

• Like 10

@triplem I am thinking like you. Mr. Gu is not really the bad guy, rather KTS and the Cancer center director. Their fakeness and hypocrisy are really annoying. In the last episode, they acted as if they cared for the dogs, while in reality they wanted to look good in front of Gu and the journalists. 

From my point of view, YJW acts as if he was LBH's son. The way he tries to protect the Hospital director seat shows how much he respected and liked LBH. I also think that the Cancer Center chief blamed LBH because he was dead, whereas in reality, KTS was the one who covered it up.

I hope, the pediatrician NE and Mr. Gu get closer... I really ship them because she is the only one who has noticed his warmth and sincerity. She might disapprove certain methods from him but she can definitely see Gu beyond his position as president. 

I hope that at the end, the orthopedic surgeon Dr. Yoo/Joo will become the Hospital director. 

• Like 6

@triplem @bebebisous33 LSY gave us the kind of character that I secretly hoped for. Hospital administrators are often misunderstood.  There are many who do good work with what is given.   For Goo, anyone who comes in with restructuring in mind, will open up closets and pandora boxes.  I actually am worry for his safety if he ever joins hands with the Ye brothers/Dr. Joo and digs too far.  The murderer could strike again.

President Goo has a keen eye for business.  He turned an animal shelter volunteer day into a publicity event to drown out the bad press on his hospital’s med error.  While there, he can’t help but notice the amount of dogs need veterinary care.  The next day, he directed his people to start looking into adding a veterinary dept in Sangook hospital.  Just like No-Eul said, it’s hard to know if Goo is a calculated person who always planned ahead and do things to his advantage or his actions are mostly reactions to situations and thus, sincere.  He evaded the question twice:  Is there anything he wants to fulfill apart from just climbing the ladder and give out paychecks?

I’m happy No-Eul helped Jin-woo see why his brother refused to go out to eat and rarely leave home.  Guy is a homebody, that’s all.  Can’t believe Jin-woo would cut short the dinner for his brother’s sake. Also glad he decided to fight Dr. Kim the legal way, by filing a complaint.  Jin-woo’s walking out while hearing in the background Dr. Kim’s panic conversation with the investigative agency is continued with the voice over between the two brothers.

JW:  Why you?  Why did you come? Why didn’t you tell me (that you are the only investigator)?

SW:  Because if I did, you would have stopped what you were doing?  If I had told you I have been investigating, there was a chance you’d change your plan.

Seon-Woo knows his brother too well.  He knows he is Jin-woo’s weakness.

@kmsl @annagriss8  Nighty night :D

47ED34DD-2A63-4263-82F6-C61BA1F824EC

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@triplem @bebebisous33 LSY gave us the kind of character that I secretly hoped for. Hospital administrators are often misunderstood.  There are many who do good work with what is given.   For Goo, anyone who comes in with restructuring in mind, will open up closets and pandora boxes.  I actually am worry for his safety if he ever joins hands with the Ye brothers/Dr. Joo and digs too far.  The murderer could strike again.

President Goo has a keen eye for business.  He turned an animal shelter volunteer day into a publicity event to drown out the bad press on his hospital’s med error.  While there, he can’t help but notice the amount of dogs need veterinary care.  The next day, he directed his people to start looking into adding a veterinary dept in Sangook hospital.  Just like No-Eul said, it’s hard to know if Goo is a calculated person who always planned ahead and do things to his advantage or his actions are mostly reactions to situations and thus, sincere.  He evaded the question twice:  Is there anything he wants to fulfill apart from just climbing the ladder and give out paychecks?

I havent watch ep 7 yet but adding veterinary dept is definitely Pres. Goo calculated moves If you remember the scene when the reconstruction team manager present his finding on the financial status of the hospital to Mr Goo and his secretary in ep 5, his secretary accidentally told him about the medical cost for her pet was expensive and its dont covered by  insurance. While there is emotion part exist in his reactions , till ep 6, all his decision shows that he is placing the business point of view as a decision point. After rewatching ep5, i realise that even the transfer cancellation is also a business moves.The way CJW layered his emotion and character is really on the other level.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

[Life] Ep 7 Lee Dong Wook & Lee Gu Hyung backstabbed Moon Sung Geun together

Article: Naver 'Life' Won Jin Ah to Jo Seung Woo, "I've been waiting for someone like you." 

1. [+715,-101]
Don't put in any love line. Just leave Director Gu as a working ant!!

2. [+201,-1]
I like Team leader Yeom Hye Ran~~~ I wanted to point that out in Goblin, but her role as 
the Director's secretary now is so good too. She has a sense of justice. 

3. [+188,-2]
This drama is crazy, really. 

4. [+231,-62]
Don't add in any love line that we can't get immersed into. 

5. [+115,-21]
Won Jin Ah being the Ye brothers' nuna is awkward. Her love line with Director Gu seems forced too.. Who goes to the Director's office at night to show him acts of kindness. And her acting isn't stable too. 

6. [+97,-7]
When she was asked if she had left something behind, No Eul points at Gu Seung Hyo. I was seriously thinking if I'm watching the right drama.. If the love line was built up properly that it makes sense, I won't say such a thing.. But all of her actions toward the Director doesn't make any sense at all.. They might do this if this is a melodrama, but the genre of this drama isn't melo..

7. [+70,-7]
As soon as No Eul appears, the genre of this drama changes.. I won't mind it if this can be passed off easily. But it's not that way.. Scriptwriter, No Eul's character and the love line that has No Eul in the middle of it, none of them makes sense. 

Spoiler

lifee.png

Article: Naver 'Life' Lee Dong Wook x Lee Gu Hyung backstabbed Moon Sung Geun together 

1. [+1068,-172]
Do you really have to put in a love line.... 

2. [+600,-41]
I liked the scene with Gu Seung Hyo and Seon Woo. To be honest, they don't really need
No Eul to show the humane side of his. Just like this scene, hearing out what he has to say and handing over the documents, or the scene where he adopts a puppy. I think all these are good enough...

3. [+578,-109]
I'm enjoying this drama. But if No Eul character goes wrong, it would seem like she's flirting!
Not easygoing. At that age, that kind of looks, and that job, she should be well aware that she's pretty and doing well, isn't she? 

4. [+245,-16]
Lee Dong Wook and Moon Sung Geun was jjang!

5. [+134,-14]
I wonder who saw the conversation between working ant and Glutton. 

6. [+79,-2]
So Ye Jin Woo has started taking action. This is getting more interesting. 

cr

• Thanks 3

Lol why KNetz didn't favor the love line. That is my favorite part :wub: Apology, this ahjumma is shallow, but come on! Aren't they the cutest ? but on the serious note, it just shows that he's also a man,  drawn into a woman, who not only the sweetest, probably a smart one as well. I will enjoy their sweet-but-awkward interaction while it lasts. It's been a while since CSW kiss a girl lol. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mel_lynna said:

I havent watch ep 7 yet but adding veterinary dept is definitely Pres. Goo calculated moves If you remember the scene when the reconstruction team manager present his finding on the financial status of the hospital to Mr Goo and his secretary in ep 5, his secretary accidentally told him about the medical cost for her pet was expensive and its dont covered by  insurance. While there is emotion part exist in his reactions , till ep 6, all his decision shows that he is placing the business point of view as a decision point. After rewatching ep5, i realise that even the transfer cancellation is also a business moves.The way CJW layered his emotion and character is really on the other level.

Thanks for reminding me.  I remember now.  Ha!  He’s too smart to ever get caught playing people... that’s why I laughed at his reactions when he realized Seon Woo did not come to investigate him.  He handed Dr. Kim over on a silver platter :D

@annagriss8  Lol, the photo is so cheesy and funny.  Me too, I’m wondering what melo I am watching.  Thank god JSW makes awkward looks endearing.  My favorite scene has to be his prisoner against wall pose with the hyperactive puppy on leash.  Hahaha

@azuwaza163  I know enjoying this out of JSW before the heavy stuffs return lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, azuwaza163 said:

Lol why KNetz didn't favor the love line. That is my favorite part :wub: Apology, this ahjumma is shallow, but come on! Aren't they the cutest ? but on the serious note, it just shows that he's also a man,  drawn into a woman, who not only the sweetest, probably a smart one as well. I will enjoy their sweet-but-awkward interaction while it lasts. It's been a while since CSW kiss a girl lol. 

Totally agree :) I think the romance is also in so small doses that it doesn't affect the story but adds to it.

• Like 7

@bedifferent @bebebisous33 Watched eps 5 , while I am unsure about the romance between Goo and LNE ( perhaps too early to tell ) , I do like that she is not judging him the way the others are because she herself is a witness of things being swept under the carpet . While others are unhappy   that he is shipping them off to the rural areas purely for a profit motive , she saw the rationale in his explanation of there being an imbalance in medical services in the smaller towns & villages. I thought it was pretty smart of her to change a person’s mind by reaching to them emotionally & gently,  as opposed to the offensive industrial action that the rest of the staff are taking. By bringing him around the paediatric ward she’s showing him  that he needed to look at the hospital and it’s departments as more than just profit centres & revenue streams. 

Like what JKM brought up at the end of the episode , the losses of many public Hospitals are only a small fraction of the state/ public Budget but yet many are closed down as they are evaluated based on profits . The consequences of that would be the lack of affordable medical services for the poor and underserved. The million dollar question is whether the performance of Hospitals and medical staff should be evaluated using the same KPIs as other industries. While I understand that Sangkook here is a private entity where profits would remain its chief objective, I wonder if the point of the drama is to find a middle ground where ethics, compassion etc do not have to be compromised for the sake of money. Goo will be poised with a moral dilemma of sorts soon enough.

I like that in eps 5 we got to see the mothers of the Ye brothers and also Goo. I often look at the interactions between Mother & Son as an indicator of the sort of person our protagonists are deep down. In this case , I think both YJW & Goo have a strong anchor in their mums, so I have faith both will end up on fighting for what’s right. 

I also like watching scenes of JW & SW. very interesting relationship- there’s great love between the two but yet a wall is there. SW does not want to be a burden to jW , and he isn’t honestly but yet JW takes it upon himself to over protect him. SW knows this & lets it be because he understands the burden JW carries in his heart.

oh @staygold, I was not expecting much romance in this drama but when JW met with the reporter, I sense this spark! Ooo will she feature more often? I think it will be great for him to find love. “Have we met before ? “ “ You look familiar “ ??? Lol! I sense some interest there 

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, azuwaza163 said:

I agree completely. Maybe im a sucker for romance, but I don’t want writernim to get rid of the love lines. I even kind of ship NE and dr ye even though he also looks cute with the reporter and the dynamic of NE and Goo is engaging too.

• Like 3