[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

A very first serie which i didnt understand much but i looking forward for coming next ep. After catch up til ep 6 with sub last wednesday i keep looking on spoiler, news, back read, rewatch again. I like OTP and all other characters.
I see some (-) comment (twitter) mension did not want love triangle. I did not feel that love line damage main story at all. I think they delivery a side quite good.

Looking forward and excite for coming ep!

• Like 3

@piekeboeboe  hi & welcome to the thread!.  would love to see what you found.

@kmsl what, What, WHAT.... you have not watched Secret Forest? :P JSW is a different character there.  My first time seeing JSW was in the movie Marathon.  Cried my eyes out.

God among us.

@hamaji Can’t wait till Goo asks his assistant for dating tip lol

He’s not that much different from JW when it comes to women.  They never did date due to their careers, ehh? :lol:

Romcom star is born

Both of Dr Oh’s parents are university professors/ physicians I believe.  The hospital is her home.

C6A96B9A-B7FC-480D-A279-D59A4F4FB899

JTBC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

As if we needed more reasons to love JSW/President Goo!!! Now he has got a little friend home from the canine shelter! Haven't we all been like him at some point in our life!! :lol:

Spoiler

On a serious note, the writer is setting him up as a gentle giant! Be prepared for something unpleasant. This is all too pretty and sweet!

Edited by staygold
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

i know this drama is more than just romance... but... this episode 7 they showned a lot of small scenes of No Eun looking at President Goo Seung Hyo and President Goo looking at her interacting with Jin Woo. I love that not only they observed each other at dog cannel numerous time, President Goo look at her when he drives past, and she observed him at the BBQ restaurant. They both like dog enough to came back to the dog cannel.  They certainly observing each other alot....there is no sub yet...so we don't know if this is personal interest or this is purely business. But knowing Cho Seung Woo, his projects never really tend to have good romance. 

Cho Seung Woo always take serious roles, but everytime he cracks that smile and show his teeth. those silly grind...I melt to a pile of goo

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

i know this drama is more than just romance... but... this episode 7 they showned a lot of small scenes of No Eun looking at President Goo Seung Hyo and President Goo looking at her interacting with Jin Woo. I love that not only they observed each other at dog cannel numerous time, President Goo look at her when he drives past, and she observed him at the BBQ restaurant. They both like dog enough to came back to the dog cannel.  They certainly observing each other alot....there is no sub yet...so we don't know if this is personal interest or this is purely business. But knowing Cho Seung Woo, his projects never really tend to have good romance. 

Cho Seung Woo always take serious roles, but everytime he cracks that smile and show his teeth. those silly grind...I melt to a pile of goo

I agree with you! I love those small moments :) i'm totally immersed in the story but i like that they show regular moments once in a while, like the president asking if she is dating Jin Woo haha

Episode 7 ended on quite a twist! 

Spoiler

I didn't think Jin Woo was the one that made the anonymous complaint! I was totally surprised! This episode in particular felt like FOS, it's like an undercurrent kind of feeling. You can't help getting swept away. I'm starting to sense that there is something bigger going on with Jin Woo and Sun Woo~

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ganko said:

I agree with you! I love those small moments :) i'm totally immersed in the story but i like that they show regular moments once in a while, like the president asking if she is dating Jin Woo haha

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't think Jin Woo was the one that made the anonymous complaint! I was totally surprised! This episode in particular felt like FOS, it's like an undercurrent kind of feeling. You can't help getting swept away. I'm starting to sense that there is something bigger going on with Jin Woo and Sun Woo~

OMG he said that! :blush: I need sub to understand the whole episode. When does sub usually come for this series? does any know?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

i know this drama is more than just romance... but... this episode 7 they showned a lot of small scenes of No Eun looking at President Goo Seung Hyo and President Goo looking at her interacting with Jin Woo. I love that not only they observed each other at dog cannel numerous time, President Goo look at her when he drives past, and she observed him at the BBQ restaurant. They both like dog enough to came back to the dog cannel. 

It seems like, while he's thoroughly intrigued and almost enamored with her, she's still observing him, trying to figure out if he's a good person or not. And although she's not impressed with the pay-for-service deal he pushes down everyone's throats the preview for the next episode shows that she hasn't given up on him yet, yay! :) Even if they don't go into real romance, I hope she can become his second true friend. 

• Like 6

This episode made me love the president even more, his development is smooth and increasing.

I find it interesting how this drama treats the protagonists differently than usual: JinWoo, the epitome of the positive protagonist fall into shadows and into the abyss of dark emotions, while Mr Gu, the negative epitome grows into light more and more. JinWoo falls into dark emotions, while Mr Gu experiences more and more positive emotions.

If last episodes I was disgusted by the doctor from the organ center, this episode made me see him in a different shade of gray. I like how they portray him not just a typical shallow character, rather different shades of humanity. He is not a bad guy, he is someone whose job depends on the whims of the patients and I understand, in a way, why he behaves in the way he does. He does not seem to be talented / extraordinarily intelligent, does not give the impression to come from a rich background, so my guess he took his specialty hoping he would make money without much stress. Yet, now he is at the mercy of his own patients. What makes me glad is that he shows concern for his friend and cares in a way about their friendship, not seeking his company just for support and influence. It's a friendship based on mutual benefit, but they still seem to care about each other.

SunWoo is such a puppy and the way he refrained from not crying when he talked about the surgeries the arrogant director did. I hope he was not one of his patients who have been fooled by him, that would be sad.I want them to give him more contribution for the plot, not just being the protagonist's brother, who has a crush on his brother's love interest. He has so much potential, right now he is, after Mr Gu, (honestly, for me), the character with the most potential to be a surprise / to have something hidden that would make the plot explode.

Also for the Barbie NoEul, I still do not like her, and that will not change until I see her at least performing a surgery or doing something that doctors do (instead of gossiping with the nurses or flirting with the president) !

I want her to see struggling to save her patients, to see her being involved in her job. Till now, she is all words and nothing factual to contribute to her claims. She has nice sentences and appears smart, but I want to see her treating patients and feeling remorse for failures. I want something that would make me care for her !!!

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

OMG he said that! :blush: I need sub to understand the whole episode. When does sub usually come for this series? does any know?

I usually watch it with subs 2-3 hrs after it airs :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ganko said:

Reveal hidden contents

Now that there is sub...President Goo! you are just like anyone else. Asking your friend about the girl you are interested in, pretending not to know her name...:relaxed: I don't know if anyone in real life would have No Eul gut to point at her boss when the animal shelter lady ask did she leave something behind. In series, this might seen as playful, but I think in real life this would be flirting...no?

In such a serious series (can be dry for some one) President Goo secretary is the perfect antidote - inserting simple funny scene in between such complex businessman and doctor work. she's a refresser! President Goo common sense! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Eps 4

While Goo may not be very popular with the medical staff , I like him. He’s shrewd and he gets the job done. He has the hardest job caught between the ambitions of the group’s equity owner(s) , he’s own desire to overcome any challenge and the expected feelings of contempt coming from the hospital staff. They may see him as the enemy and paint themselves as victims , but it is clear there are inefficiencies, abuse of power among higher ups and malpractices by covering up medical errors.

I thought it was rather convenient of the Cancer Chief to push the blame onto a dead man. Was it really Director Lee who ordered  the error to be covered up? I don’t know why but I don’t trust what we’ve been told. I find myself disliking most of the center chiefs with the exception of the Chief Surgeon. I feel a little sorry for both him & JW . They are the good guys to me and they must be struggling with Lee’s death and  new reveals of what Lee had supposedly done in the shadows. As things progress I believe they will also discover that their supposed comrades in this fight against the restructuring, have more to hide. 

I am beginning to understand now why JW sees SW all the time. JW has an extremely high sense of empathy & takes on a lot of burden on himself. I feel even worse for him because the flashbacks showed us that Director Lee was the first person who was able to reach out to JW as a kid struggling with his emotions. So I can only imagine the feelings of disappointment & despair that he has when finding out that Lee isn’t the hero that he has put on the pedestal over the years . 

AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1 (7/23/18):  4.334%

Episode 2 (7/24/18):   4.974%

Episode 3 (7/30/18):   4.601%

Episode 4 (7/31/18):   4.493%

Episode 5 (8/6/18):     4.328%

Episode 6 (8/7/18):     4.466%

Episode 7 (8/13/18):   4.116%

Source

I am 1/3 way into episode 7 and quite like it.  Drama has a lot more heart than SF.  I like the direction it is going, making it more than just a medical politico thriller.  The characters are human.  I think the next few episodes will have us doubting our preconceptions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@kmsl what, What, WHAT.... you have not watched Secret Forest? :P JSW is a different character there.  My first time seeing JSW was in the movie Marathon.  Cried my eyes out.

I know, i know I slept on that one. But I'm finally "woke"

8 hours ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

You're not alone on this one. I'm shipping No Eul with Mr Goo and of course, Jin-woo (lol). I'm even shipping Jin-woo and that reporter Choi Seung-hyo(?). My brain is wired that way hahaha. And yes, Cho Seung-woo needs to get a rom-com next!!!

This though: :joy:

https://wp.me/p8yFfI-bMn

– I did a double take on this one. I thought it was something else ㅋㅋㅋ

img_5709.jpg?w=840

– You used this line already Mr. Grim Repear.

img_5737.jpg?w=840

• Like 4
  • LOL 1