[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

Like @meechuttso, I just clicked to follow this thread. :lol:

Thanks @larus for starting the thread plus updates.

ER Dept can be a chaotic and eventful place with plenty of stories to tell. It will be a sign of a talented writer to be able to weave in and out stories of people coming and leaving. So yeah...looking forward to see how the writer will do it.

I’m hoping for strong ensemble work here.  A strong female lead...  Kim Hye Soo lol. I guess I miss Signal that much :) Get us a good PD jTBC! 

Wave ~~ @triplem @jongski B)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, samzz said:

Oh yes, because we have strong male characters, very hard for other talented actress to accept the female role, unless the writer can ensure her the strong character too.

Yes,  they can get a talented actress but not an A-list actress unless her role is good or a substantial role in the drama. Usual, when there are two strong male leads, the women roles will be overwhelmed, and they are supporting even if they are one of the leads. In Stranger they had an ensemble cast, and even the supporting roles were important to the story, and had an identity/ a motivation on their own. The writer is on the spotlight right now, she is an award winning writer, so the actors/ actresses will want to work with her. She got Bae Doona and Cho Seung Woo when she was a newbie, an unknown writer, because she had a solid script.  I do not worry about the cast. She will want the cast who fits her script. The problem is not to get a well known actress, for me is to be satisfied with her role, no not feel like she was underutilised in the drama. 

I found out that after Misty, JTBC will air Pretty Noona Buys Me Food, so Life will probably follows it (and airs in May or June).

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Will be by Signal Entertainment which produced FoS 1 and will also do FoS2... I smell international distribution and funding by Netflix which gives possibility of pre production 

A pre -produced drama is good. About Netflix, I just wish this drama to be translated in time.

I don`t want to worry about finding English subtitles available. But I am optimistic. :wink:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

So allow me to be the first to make a prediction that Shin HyeSun being in the medical drama Life is fairly high probability now. My guess based on observation that has a precedent.

December 2016, SHS goes to MAMA music awards in Hong Kong to be a presenter in the awards. After that, she does a 1 second clip with many others for tVN ad spot.

January 2017 we get the announcement of? Secret Forest and SHS as YES.

Fast forward Jan 2018, SHS goes to Golden Disc music awards, and which station is it broadcast?

About the same time we read about SF writer having chosen CSW among others for her 2nd drama, Life. On JTBC.

Only then I noticed that the Golden Disc was on none other than JTBC!

That's my prediction for actress Shin HyeSun's next gig, now that I'm out of the drama plot predictions nobody likes to hear about. :expressionless:

If I'm wrong, no harm done, right?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

If I'm wrong, no harm done, right?

Yes, no harm done but a little dissapointment on your part.

Your observations are valid. Usually, they invite actors to different events (presenters, even pictorials) when there is new project. Plus, this is another work of the same writer. Shin Hye Sun won`t be in Stranger/ Forest of Secrets 2 so the writer could give her a "consolation" for killing her character in the first season. She did a good job and the writer wanted to work with her again.  Another point is that Shin Hye Sun is in a spotlight right now as a heroine in one of the highest rating drama. It is a high posibility.

But if she won`t be, you won`t be interested in this drama? :D

• Like 4

On 1/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, bedifferent said:

The tidbits I found about production company for Life.

Will be by Signal Entertainment which produced FoS 1 and will also do FoS2... I smell international distribution and funding by Netflix which gives possibility of pre production 

Ugh.  Netflix again! I would like this drama sub quickly but mention of Netflix though. so they will have the rights?  so the subbing will be done by them?  with the way BG2 not being sub even if currently airing... No. :mellow:

Then again I'm probably overreacting.  'scuse the whiny me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@jongski i’m not sure if Netflix is even involved, just noted that it has worked with Signal Ent before and will later with FoS 2. Netflix subsidized $200k per episode of FoS but it didn’t own the right exclusively.  Dramafever carried the first subs.  

I do get what you mean about subs delay despite drama production benefiting from funding. It’s a good thing tho that production company has money to pay its staff and cast as well as putting out quality dramas.

I like SHS... :)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, larus said:

But if she won`t be, you won`t be interested in this drama? :D

Are you kidding me? I'm a fan of this writer, and Jo SeungWoo (or CSW) and I'll be watching. I do hope whoever is the female lead, she'll be a strong anti-hero type also. I really need more strong female characters. I don't care for romcom, not now anyways.

I've only watched about 2 doctor dramas so whatever the story is, it will feel less cliche to viewer like me.

Bring it on, JTBC! B)

:expressionless: <--- HSM

• Like 3

Am so looking forward to this drama...I want them  to cast a good actress.... please don't cast an idol or someone looks as baby or cute near to the two actors.... we want solid performance even from the lead actress.. and Please don't choose someone only because her last drama have a good rating (that is a stupid move in my opinion)  ... please make casting call and test the  chemistry between the leads ... change the game of Korean drama casting a little bit ... oh so looking forward to is .... cho seung woo one of my favourite yupy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zinaa said:

Am so looking forward to this drama...I want them  to cast a good actress.... please don't cast an idol or someone looks as baby or cute near to the two actors.... we want solid performance even from the lead actress.. and Please don't choose someone only because her last drama have a good rating (that is a stupid move in my opinion)  ... please make casting call and test the  chemistry between the leads ... change the game of Korean drama casting a little bit ... oh so looking forward to is .... cho seung woo one of my favourite yupy

I’m Glad to see you here. Maybe this will help us move on after Money Flower is over . 

I'm here for JSW first, obviously, then for the writer Lee Soo Yeon, who did an amazing job on Forest of Secrets, her first work. LDW is an interesting choice, I've found him hit and miss. Mostly likely he does good with good script and direction and this will be one of those. So I'm looking forward to his performance.

As with FoS this seems to be an ensemble drama as well. Hopefully along with new talent, we'll get some of our favorites from FoS back in this drama. Praying Lee Kyu Hyung gets the love call from the writer....

And big Hello to all my chingus from FoS thread...

• Like 8