[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

@piekeboeboe thank you for the kind compliments, my posts are nothing special compares to many others.  What's amazing are those from you and non-native English speakers who post your love for dramas.  Thank you for letting us know about the extended final episode.

This lady is special, Sue Austin.  Challenged ballet scuba diver Austin who uses her immobility to inspire others in her film and arts.  We saw her film at the art exhibition in the drama.   Jin-woo wanted Seon-woo to understand that he CAN pursue his love for underwater beyond the limitations in his mind and body.  After the movie, Seon-woo starts to voice his need to live a normal life and not as a role model for the disabled.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jun/21/underwater-wheelchair-flying-diving

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1 (7/23/18):  4.334%

Episode 2 (7/24/18):   4.974%

Episode 3 (7/30/18):   4.601%

Episode 4 (7/31/18):   4.493%

Episode 5 (8/6/18):     4.328%

Episode 6 (8/7/18):     4.466%

Episode 7 (8/13/18):   4.116%

Episode 8 (9/14/18):   4.591%

Episode 9 (8/20/18):    4.538%

Episode 10 (8/21/18):  5.150%

Episode 11 (8/27/18):  4.532%

Episode 12 (8/28/18):  5.310%

Episode 13 (9/3/18):    4.920%

Episode 14 (9/4/18):    5.093%

Episode 15 (9/10/18):  4.751%

Source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

At first I thought Dr. Oh is just bossy and loud, but now I love how bossy & no none sense Dr. Oh is! She put everyone in place - instead of pointless arguing, she kicks everone out of President Gu's own office (lol) and get back to work, she over power even President Gu! So badass. The way Dr.Joo & Dr.Yeh talk & follow her is like they are her kids. 

The way they block the actions & film the scene where she gets the ID cards back for her kids - pushing the restruction team manager, such close approximity interactions, the  way the execute their dialogues - both so cool (I don't know why i type bad-a** it auto correct to bad richard simmons) in their own way....I have fallen in love!

• Like 6

Yummy meal.^^

This may sound strange but I have always wondered why Korean meals are so big. There are so many dishes per person... Do they really consume all each time? 
Either the Korean have big appetite or they recycle left-over...

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Finally catching up on episode 15! Will read and react to previous comments after I finish watching the episode, I'm 40 minutes in, and so happy at the few glorious moments so far. :wub: Ooooh, Dr. Oh! She's amazing. Love how KSH's found his match with her, haha! My favorite moments so far:

Spoiler

1- Dr. Oh dramatic entrance in KSH's office, and how she always stands up to him. He seemed legit worried for her, though. Since he asked about her daughter, I'm wondering if he warned her that something could happen to her. I think in the last episode it was more or less alluded, when she wondered (asked him? Can't remember) if Hwanjeon (sp) would dare make threats against family members)...

2- Dr. Oh threatening the head of the restructuration team was priceless. She almost reminded me of a woman version of the Sopranos or the Godfather! :joy: I love the way her character is written, how she got the high post she has based on her merits, and won't let anyone, not even the head of the mighty H group bully her out of it.

3- Dr. Oh's leadership... <3

4- YJW opening up to his soon-to-be girlfriend ( or are they official now?) was a touching moment. You could tell a little burden was lifted off his chest, and I think they're so good for each other! Now, I would love to see Ye Sun Woo romantically happy, too. I think his co-worker has a thing for him. If only he would open that door... :)

5- Dr. Oh, Dr. Joo, and Koo Seung Hyo bonding over lunch, sharing their life stories, noticing they're not as opposite as they initially thought, and confronting prejudicial initial opinions. The finale should be very interesting, if they indeed (as we suspect) really end up working together.

• Like 7

- Despite not wearing the white coat - Seon Woo continue to be the epiphany of an angel. I continue to amazed at how the writer intergrate Seon Woo into the story. He has a more special relationship with president Gu than his brother. From the get go, the two treat each other with mutual respect, frankness, openmindedness. I wonder what Seon woo sees in him after their 1st meeting? Does he have faith in president Gu for NoEul's sake? or does he realy think president Gu is a good guy? Just 1 phone call to President Gu letting Gu knows that Gu is a good guy - no one does that for Gu (beside NoEul - except she took it back last episode)

- Lunch conversation between the 3 breaks with the conventional norms Kdrama usually have. What I really appreciate is how civil and relatable the tone & the dialouges is. They don't agree with each other, knows they're not going to be BFF,  in a way they are just using eachother...but they're educated adulted who managed to have civilized conversation with eachother without yelling. Also the conversation is so relatable. It's not always about chaboel blood - all 3 from completely different backgrounds, they all have gone through crisises, talk about their unconventional work age relations (poor Dr.Joo - oldest yet the weakest)... all of them  work really hard to get where they are, no one take their position for granted.  It is sad that it is their first and last meal together!  (Gu dissing his mom not capable of hooking up with chairman father:sweat_smile:)

- So the silly cute fluffy romance story go to YW & the reporter! Good for YW, for having the courage to say the truth and not hidding. Seon Woo is going to move out and live his own life, so should YW.  I admire the hell out of these brothers, they don't let troubles pulls them down for too long. They push them self to move on, without much judgement on the unfairness of life! 

_ NoEul is too slow for a doctor! But what does it mean that she resigned? Please move to whereever nicer with Gu Seung Hyo & Nighty. You three can go for a nice breezy summer night stroll. 

- This episode is all about Gu and his sexy contemplations: in his car, sitting in his desk, standing in his office looking at the monitor, watching the Drs talking and contemplating, listening to chairman Hwangjeon....I'm going to miss all these sexy contemplation scenes! How can one goes through the autumn blue without the daily dosage of sexy JSW contemplating. 

@dancingbee I think the Korean meals has a lot of little side dishes, which they just munch on it for a few bite. at home don't they just put back the left over side dishes for next time?

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

@pompyavi @keyta thanks! Lee Joon Hyuk... hopes he returns next year in Secret Forest 2! I’m happy to see many actors blossomed and went onto having great success after SF.

From supporting cast members:  Life was like a dream.  I was happy for the memorable work with coworkers, senios and staff for the first 6 months of the year...

E025D55D-E45D-4CC5-9190-D641EEC15974

097D6C39-A49C-47C2-A25C-E65D6182F61B

Source

299022F4-5BE5-4B27-9E30-CFCB070821A8

bnt

1:50 till the end. 

Spoiler

@Ha Tinh Nhi  Perseverance and hard work.  Seon-woo sees himself in Gu.  My favorite bromance.

• Like 7

@Ha Tinh Nhi @triplem @40somethingahjumma Seon-woo said he believes in Goo because at their first meeting, Goo sat down at his level after he was going to stand up.  That’s the kind of person he is.

What do you think he means about Seung-Hyo’s character?  He also believes in his intelligence and will to make things better like changing the hospital culture. 

• Like 3

l am so sad that we have reached the finale but I also can't wait to see how Chairman Cho will be dealt with.  It was so good to see a strong and determined Dr Oh in action!   I have a few fav `couples' . Prez Goo and Team Manager, Prez Goo and Seon Woo, and Reporter and Jin Woo. The  sumptuous meal shared by the top 3 hospital management was so well written and shot. Love it!

@Ha Tinh Nhi, I agree. It is such a pleasure to see Goo in contemplation. Haha. 

• Like 5