[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

Oh my God! Lee Soo Yeon has something, and can be trusted. SPOILER !

Spoiler

So, the death of Lee Bo Hun will come to grips thanks to the second incident. And maybe president Gu was elected to that position because he is dispensable, he is not from the family. We need to remember what he said to orthopedics chief about what it means to fight against conglomerates...It turns out very ugly... But if I remember correctly someone said something about second murder, talking about LSY style of writing and bringing tension.

The puzzle pieces  starting to find their place. More of the above will be next week, right now just started. Loved everything from this drama so far, and maybe even more in the upcoming weeks. And looks like time flies too quickly and only 6 ep. remained :(

• Like 6

AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1 (7/23/18):  4.334%

Episode 2 (7/24/18):   4.974%

Episode 3 (7/30/18):   4.601%

Episode 4 (7/31/18):   4.493%

Episode 5 (8/6/18):     4.328%

Episode 6 (8/7/18):     4.466%

Episode 7 (8/13/18):   4.116%

Episode 8 (9/14/18):   4.591%

Episode 9 (8/20/18):    4.538%

Episode 10 (8/21/18):  5.150%

Source

On the same track rating wise as Secret Forest.  Airing very late at night on weekdays, these are good numbers.  

@wanda77  can’t believe we are close to the end.  Will miss seeing all the characters and actors.  They are doing a fabulous job bringing a solid script to life. Lee Soo Yeon’s sophomoric debut proves that she is not a one hit wonder.  Life has a murder case to anchor it like her previous work. Other than that, the two dramas are different enough for me to appreciate and enjoy her works.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

@bedifferent, obviously GSH's decision to have Hwajeong's subsidiary to be sole medication supplier is ethically wrong, but with regards to his bromance with transplant guy I wouldn't want them to be outed in such a manner. I'm curious about the origin of that relationship. Actually, at the back of my mind I keep feeling that something bad is bound to happen to transplant guy. I'm not quite sure what or why, but that is the vibe I got from transplant guy. Transplant guy also see to have some affection for that nurse. He sat beside her in the conference, even offering a lollipop. And we see him shielding her GSH too.

I also like JW taking interest at the reporter. Especially now that SW has confessed to barbie Dr. I'm sure JW has been aware of this for quite some time and he will not cross the line to court NE for himself.

NE, as a friend to the Ye brothers is okay. As potential love interest to GSH? I just don't feel it.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, dzareth said:

@bedifferent, obviously GSH's decision to have Hwajeong's subsidiary to be sole medication supplier is ethically wrong, but with regards to his bromance with transplant guy I wouldn't want them to be outed in such a manner. I'm curious about the origin of that relationship. Actually, at the back of my mind I keep feeling that something bad is bound to happen to transplant guy. I'm not quite sure what or why, but that is the vibe I got from transplant guy. Transplant guy also see to have some affection for that nurse. He sat beside her in the conference, even offering a lollipop. And we see him shielding her GSH too.

I also like JW taking interest at the reporter. Especially now that SW has confessed to barbie Dr. I'm sure JW has been aware of this for quite some time and he will not cross the line to court NE for himself.

NE, as a friend to the Ye brothers is okay. As potential love interest to GSH? I just don't feel it.... 

I don’t know what to make of Sunwoo Chang.  He has not smile one bit. LOL Why so gloomy?! Besides Goo, doesn’t he have any friend?  It cannot be mere coincidence they both showed up working at the same hospital.  Seems like he was planted there by someone before Goo got his assignment.  And what’s with the handle “Gluttony”?

If they were old friend, they both must have humbled origins.  Have we confirmed that Goo was an orphan, adopted by his current parents?

Nurse is in ER(?),  has he been noticing her while working on potential donors? Hope E10 sheds some light into their relationship.  

NE must have a purpose, not just a love interest for the boys!  I am annoyed for all the overworked female doctors out there!

• Like 4

After watching ep 9 & 10 I think I just fall in love again with this drama. I'm really glad everything starts to heat up again and GSH is back to president mode!

After GSH-YSW, now we got GSH and Dr. Oh. She really looked like a little girl asking her father to buy her a present when she asked GSH about 3D simulator thingy, she was so excited when she explained that :lol: Honestly, this is the first time I enjoy her scene. Not hating her but I always felt annoyed by her voice because she yells 99% of the time.

Aaaaa SWC likes Nurse Kim! I thought he only loves GSH. I even forgot that they sat beside each other and also the lollipop! Hahaha. SWC is so cute when he was contemplating to add heart emoji or ^^, but then decided not to send it :D I was surprised because I always thought he is just an expressionless guy who doesn't give a damn about anything except his job and GSH.

About ep 10 ending what Dr. Oh is going to do with the body? And who is she??

Based on the preview, GSH is angry, like seriously angry and kinda panic? Really curious about what happens. Does it relate to Chairman Cho? Although GSH once said Chairman is not the person you want to mess with but I reallt want to see him fight the Chairman :lol: I also wish they will show us about GSH-Chairman Cho's past.

LOL the new making video! A wild GSH appeared in YJW-YSW house.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

Honestly I don't see No Eul and Gu Seung Hyo as a couple either. Seon Woo is an ideal match for her.

• Like 3

Jtbc 'Life' episode ratings (AGB Nielsen)
ep 9 : 4.538% (Nationwide); 5.728% (Seoul)
ep 10 : 5.150% (Nationwide); 6.353% (Seoul)

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_(2018_TV_series))

Yay! Ratings are going up.

18 hours ago, staygold said:

But I think the president is wary of OSW for sure. With Dr Joo he can reason but with Dr OSW it will be a yelling competition.

Looks like there will be more shouting match to come.

7 hours ago, purpose said:

Honestly, this is the first time I enjoy her scene. Not hating her but I always felt annoyed by her voice because she yells 99% of the time.

Dr OSW. What a Diva.

She yells.

She glares.

She demands.

She is a real pip.

39628747_1403626139771381_90896862018996

Great performance by Moon Sori though.

7 hours ago, purpose said:

Aaaaa SWC likes Nurse Kim! I thought he only loves GSH.

:D:D:D Let's hope SWC will send a :heart: emoji to Nurse Kim. GSH is doing fine with Nighty.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

I said ep09 is killing and ep10 is like h e l l  

I thought I understand a things but ep.10 make me like exhausted. do not know where to begin with.

so many issue, many relation involved.
I wonder that they going to fit in next 6 ep.

President and his boss.
Humanity and Money.

Dr. Oh and her position.

Brother relationship.  Scene YSW en YJW together talking confession to dr. NO EL.

I'm schocked!
IS YJW have feeling for dr. NO EL (??) 
but he did ignore that feeling totally away because of his brother.
(from preview, will know moe..)

Also scene with Transplant organ director touch my heart. The Family who have donor organ only  thanks to main doctor / (Text with heart, No herat emoicon) He is lonely.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, piekeboeboe said:

Also scene with Transplant organ director touch my heart. The Family who have donor organ only  thanks to main doctor / (Text with heart, No herat emoicon) He is lonely

:( My thoughts exactly. Poor Sunwoo Chang. Legit hope he'll have a scene to his own. Also hope that nurse friend of his doesn't rat him out... looks like the roof top scene might end up being a problem

Also, lmao they threw us that herring in the preview for ep 9, and everyone was so surprised they told us that Dr Joo would win. Though I'm glad Dr Oh will get more limelight, and I think her way of getting the 3D machine was absolutely perfect for her character, the ending of ep 10 does make me a little bit concerned. Though that patient is dead and nameless, using the machine on that patient, then dissecting them to check and see how the machine works is a little iffy. (Just my guess here) Looking forward to a confrontation, but honestly I hope that Jin Woo and Dr Oh will be able to get along eventually. 

Dr Oh is a harsh character but I think that in this case, her ambition has led to the best possible outcome for the hospital. If in the end insurance and everything would end up becoming forced upon the hospital, at least they got something that will be useful out of the deal.

I don't trust the Hwajeong Group Chairman, and I don't trust Chairman Goo either. Both, a little more on the bad and unethical side but both still confusing characters as they are - I don't understand how someone who looks like a puddle of goo ( ;) ) near a puppy can say things like that and plan things like that.

A little worried for the developing relationship between Jin Woo and the reporter who managed to get her story out. I would love to see more of her and her work as a rebel, but I'm concerned that she will be put into trouble and then Jin Woo will be the one doing the saving, cause, we need more females to stand up on their own. Can't be letting guys stand them up all the time lol, but yes Jin Woo, you did very well, going to find her :)))

@dzareth Hmm as to the love line, honestly, President Goo is pretty darn infatuated with Dr Lee. I'm not sure if she reciprocates - that's the problem when you have characters who care too much about everyone, everyone gets signals that 'she loves you' but she just loves everyone and I'm confuseddd. Maybe she thinks he's a puppy?

(Special shoutout to our Jin Woo-Sun Woo moment [yes gosh I am a huge richard simmons fan of Lee Kyu Hyung I don't even know how to describe why but his acting touches my heart], our Ms Kang [love her too] - Sun Woo moments and last but not the least Sunwoo Chang-President Goo rooftop scene again~)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, abyssal said:

:( My thoughts exactly. Poor Sunwoo Chang. Legit hope he'll have a scene to his own. Also hope that nurse friend of his doesn't rat him out... looks like the roof top scene might end up being a problem

@abyssal

also this scene, Dr. Joo said to his team rounding up check 
   "I did not end up at last position. so that I did not disappoint for our department much, didn't i?" 
I like him.

I like this series where show various character/relation I did not know seen before medical world.

10 minutes ago, abyssal said:

@dzareth Hmm as to the love line, honestly, President Goo is pretty darn infatuated with Dr Lee. I'm not sure if she reciprocates - that's the problem when you have characters who care too much about everyone, everyone gets signals that 'she loves you' but she just loves everyone and I'm confuseddd. Maybe she thinks he's a puppy?

"Maybe she thinks he's a puppy?" <<<  ROTFL :lol::lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, abyssal said:

Also, lmao they threw us that herring in the preview for ep 9, and everyone was so surprised they told us that Dr Joo would win. Though I'm glad Dr Oh will get more limelight, and I think her way of getting the 3D machine was absolutely perfect for her character, the ending of ep 10 does make me a little bit concerned. Though that patient is dead and nameless, using the machine on that patient, then dissecting them to check and see how the machine works is a little iffy. (Just my guess here) Looking forward to a confrontation, but honestly I hope that Jin Woo and Dr Oh will be able to get along eventually. 

Dr Oh is a harsh character but I think that in this case, her ambition has led to the best possible outcome for the hospital. If in the end insurance and everything would end up becoming forced upon the hospital, at least they got something that will be useful out of the deal.

I don't trust the Hwajeong Group Chairman, and I don't trust Chairman Goo either. Both, a little more on the bad and unethical side but both still confusing characters as they are - I don't understand how someone who looks like a puddle of goo ( ;) ) near a puppy can say things like that and plan things like that.

A little worried for the developing relationship between Jin Woo and the reporter who managed to get her story out. I would love to see more of her and her work as a rebel, but I'm concerned that she will be put into trouble and then Jin Woo will be the one doing the saving, cause, we need more females to stand up on their own. Can't be letting guys stand them up all the time lol, but yes Jin Woo, you did very well, going to find her :)))

(Special shoutout to our Jin Woo-Sun Woo moment [yes gosh I am a huge richard simmons fan of Lee Kyu Hyung I don't even know how to describe why but his acting touches my heart], our Ms Kang [love her too] - Sun Woo moments and last but not the least Sunwoo Chang-President Goo rooftop scene again~)

I have to disagree with you. Just like I expected it from her, she uses her position for her own career and own benefit (her own department). She is supposed to represent all departments at the hospital which she doesn't. She is not really different from KTS in the end. She is an elitist person who looks down on others. Her deal with Gu only helps her and her own need. 

Striking is that once the person died, she might have wanted to use the body without any consent which is ethically wrong. But I have another theory. Anyway, I guess the person who died is related to the accusation against the Speaker from the Korean National Assembly. She was the person who gave the evidence to the journalist whom JW likes. (see the preview).

From my point of view, I have the impression that the Hwajeong Group chairman Jo Nam Hyung (JNH) and Gong might have come to a deal with the death of the woman. Let just say that the injured person was hurt and especially sent to Sangbook University hospital so that she would be declared dead there. Cause: accident and in order to make sure that nothing would transpire, JNH asked OSW to be the one who declared her dead. As exchange for her service, OSW got a deal with JNH (the 3D brain scanner). However, in reality the person was hurt intentionally. Notice the similarity between LBH's death and the woman's death...

I sense that JNH might have bought the hospital for a different reason: cover up crimes for himself and for others (in exchange he gets deals)... Okay, this is just a theory. 

However, the episode 10 marked a turning point for me because when Gu started working with OSW, he realized how arrogant and selfish she was. He didn't like her behaviour. Since NE and SW mentioned the same to Gu ("change the atmosphere at the hospital, the culture aso), I have the impression that Gu might get aware that he needs to change his strategy and thinking. If my theory mentioned above is correct, I doubt that Gu would ever agree to do anything like that. We shouldn't forget that he kept the card from the police officer after LBH's death and this is not over. 

I keep liking Gu despite his flaws because unlike others, he is rather honest and direct. He still has a codex of conduct: he never wanted to cover up the incident with KTS, he just asked to delay it which is different to me.    

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abyssal said:

Hmm as to the love line, honestly, President Goo is pretty darn infatuated with Dr Lee. I'm not sure if she reciprocates - that's the problem when you have characters who care too much about everyone, everyone gets signals that 'she loves you' but she just loves everyone and I'm confuseddd. Maybe she thinks he's a puppy?

I wouldn't call GSH infatuated. But I would agree he is intrigued/ curious. LNE is the closest to an ally that GSH have among the doctors in that hospital. Like a typical man in power, he probably thought she approached him because she was attracted to him, thus the jealousy when she exhibited closeness to YJW.

OSH has the potential to be a good director at the hospital. She is strict, firm and more professional then the other candidates, but I do agree with JW's view of her - that she only surrounds herself with the best and plays by the book. Those aren't necessarily bad things, but it definitely does not endear her to less stellar doctors (though the best doctors may be viewed as her competitors). In healthcare, would anyone want to settle for less than the best?

Dr Joo is the black sheep. He's nice and dedicated but he is an outsider. He may have the support of JW and other idealistic doctors, but he entered the competition late and he made that faux pas when he claimed to be responsible for the accounting email in the earlier episodes. I have a slight suspicion that he was brought in to attend to SW.

I'm still puzzled at who fits the characteristics of a "good" person in this hospital. I'm pretty sure we can group dr kim, cancer dr and the chairman (?) as the baddies, but I need more convincing on GSH. For now I see him as a capitalist who is slowly but surely is beginning to open his eyes and minds on the complexity of the healthcare sector. However, I hope the show won't end up having the doctors as the "good guys" just because they are saving people's live. Not all of those wearing the white coat are those with a heart of gold (no offense...) because at the end of the day we are all humans who are motivated by different things.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since NE and SW mentioned the same to Gu ("change the atmosphere at the hospital, the culture aso), I have the impression that Gu might get aware that he needs to change his strategy and thinking.

"Change the atmosphere at the hospital, the culture"- I think this is what Gu will do. There are serious obstacles he has to overcome though. Don't forget that KTS and the head of cancer center is plotting to get rid of him.

I'd like him to somehow get to work together with JW and Dr Joo - the "good" guys in the hospital. :)

Looks like the plot in the remaining episodes is going to be very "Secret Forest" like. Can't wait.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I keep liking Gu despite his flaws because unlike others, he is rather honest and direct. He still has a codex of conduct: he never wanted to cover up the incident with KTS, he just asked to delay it which is different to me.  

Yes.

6 hours ago, dzareth said:

For now I see him as a capitalist who is slowly but surely is beginning to open his eyes and minds on the complexity of the healthcare sector.

Yes.

5 hours ago, annagriss8 said:

I'd like him to somehow get to work together with JW and Dr Joo - the "good" guys in the hospital. :)

Yes.

Thanks for all the great comments!  I don't have much new to add.

• I actually shed tears for the transplant coordinator this week.
  • I think No-eul should not have been surprised by Seon-woo's confession.  Surely she could see his adoration.
  • With Dr. Oh, I get the feeling of "pride before the fall."
  • I see Gu ending up being one of the good guys.  YAY!
  • I hope the on-site custodians' housing will be for the Pioneers.  (Was it written into the contract? ;))

The story is heating up again!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have to disagree with you. Just like I expected it from her, she uses her position for her own career and own benefit (her own department). She is supposed to represent all departments at the hospital which she doesn't. She is not really different from KTS in the end. She is an elitist person who looks down on others. Her deal with Gu only helps her and her own need. 

Striking is that once the person died, she might have wanted to use the body without any consent which is ethically wrong. But I have another theory. Anyway, I guess the person who died is related to the accusation against the Speaker from the Korean National Assembly. She was the person who gave the evidence to the journalist whom JW likes. (see the preview).

Sorry for cutting your post. I am surprised to read this, and in general I'm surprised that there are so few discussions on the forum about her character. In fact, from the beginning of the series, dr. Oh was my favourite characters. I'm very unhappy that she does not have more screen time because she is for me kind of the equivalent of the female detective from Secret Forest. 

This is how I perceived her character and her actions, please let me know where I am wrong.

The 3D biosimulator does not help only the neurosurgery department. As she explained, the machine can make 3D replicas of many organs. It probably helps most of the surgery departments. So I do not see how she can advance only her position.

In the past, dr. Oh was the one that behaved the most ethically among the doctors. When the departments were under control, she was the only one who raised an ethical concern: patient information is confidential. She raised that point because rules and laws need to be followed in an inquiry. Moreover, when it came to the decision to recommend drugs to patients, she also was the only one who complained to the president.

She seems to be a professional: she takes pride in what she is doing and she wants things to be done correctly and according to the rules. She is not an idealist: as she said to the president, they should not run a charity, but whatever they run, doctors need to have pride in their work. Medicine like teaching and some other jobs are called vocational for a reason. Managers in these fields need to be aware of this, because completely applying the standards of business destroys the nature of these jobs.

Dr. Oh is ambitious, but what's wrong with that? The director is ambitious but nobody faults him for that. Some people have said that she yells all the time. I did not notice that, in fact, she seems to be well liked by people in her department I also see her defensive because I see her fighting the sexism of her male coworkers.

I do not know how she will be presented in the future, but for now, she is the most professional among the doctors. She takes care of her interns, she is level-headed, she has ethical principles, she is outspoken when things affect her work. She is not shown to emotionally care about her patients. But this is a plus in a surgeon. When I see doctor Joon Kyung Moon, because he is so overworked and so bad at distributing tasks to his subalterns (as the discussion in one of the last episodes show), I see a mistake in the happening. Realistically, JKH is a danger: it is so easy for him to make a mistake during an operation.

So please let me know what you think the problem with dr. Oh is. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, tzupi said:

Sorry for cutting your post. I am surprised to read this, and in general I'm surprised that there are so few discussions on the forum about her character. In fact, from the beginning of the series, dr. Oh was my favourite characters. I'm very unhappy that she does not have more screen time because she is for me kind of the equivalent of the female detective from Secret Forest. 

This is how I perceived her character and her actions, please let me know where I am wrong.

The 3D biosimulator does not help only the neurosurgery department. As she explained, the machine can make 3D replicas of many organs. It probably helps most of the surgery departments. So I do not see how she can advance only her position.

In the past, dr. Oh was the one that behaved the most ethically among the doctors. When the departments were under control, she was the only one who raised an ethical concern: patient information is confidential. She raised that point because rules and laws need to be followed in an inquiry. Moreover, when it came to the decision to recommend drugs to patients, she also was the only one who complained to the president.

She seems to be a professional: she takes pride in what she is doing and she wants things to be done correctly and according to the rules. She is not an idealist: as she said to the president, they should not run a charity, but whatever they run, doctors need to have pride in their work. Medicine like teaching and some other jobs are called vocational for a reason. Managers in these fields need to be aware of this, because completely applying the standards of business destroys the nature of these jobs.

Dr. Oh is ambitious, but what's wrong with that? The director is ambitious but nobody faults him for that. Some people have said that she yells all the time. I did not notice that, in fact, she seems to be well liked by people in her department I also see her defensive because I see her fighting the sexism of her male coworkers.

I do not know how she will be presented in the future, but for now, she is the most professional among the doctors. She takes care of her interns, she is level-headed, she has ethical principles, she is outspoken when things affect her work. She is not shown to emotionally care about her patients. But this is a plus in a surgeon. When I see doctor Joon Kyung Moon, because he is so overworked and so bad at distributing tasks to his subalterns (as the discussion in one of the last episodes show), I see a mistake in the happening. Realistically, JKH is a danger: it is so easy for him to make a mistake during an operation.

So please let me know what you think the problem with dr. Oh is. 

You are right that she mentioned the 3D biosimulator as a machine that could make 3D replicas of many organs. But I doubt that this 3D stimulator is meant for all departments in reality. Imagine... they only buy one machine!! Do you think that it is possible that the patients from all departments can be sent there? There will be a waiting list. That's why I sense that she will use her position in order to get a 3D stimulator for the neurosurgery department. Moreover, I remember clearly that she read an article about this machine that was linked to a brain surgery. So her real purpose is to get the 3D stimulator and announce a special surgery so that she can get recognition. She wants to get famous, maybe perform some special brain surgery for the first time in SK. Yes, this could be good, nevertheless I sense that that kind of surgery could be used for foreigners or rich people...

Yes, there is nothing wrong with being ambitious but I see it in a negative light, when it is to the expense of others. Don't forget that she only helped the good interns because that way, she can improve her reputation. She selects her interns based on their talents. People with less skills shouldn't been neglected because even if they are less talented, it doesn't mean that you have to abandon them. I am myself a teacher and I see it as my duty to support all students, especially the weaker ones as they need more aid and encouragement. Usually, some of them work even harder than the smarter ones. Hardworking should be the criteria and not just talent. Finally, there is a huge difference between OSW and LBH. The latter took an interest in all departments, she doesn't. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2