[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

Glad I was not the only one who dislikes Won Jin-Ah's acting, for a while I thought I was biased.  Seems like my distaste was grounded and logic. Honestly, we've seen in the episode today more humanity in other characters than her character, who's , no offense for those who like her, corny.

President Gu will not be inspired by SunWoo's humanity, but he will be touched by his night walks with Barbie NoEul. Talk about cheap methods to make her relevant and to ruin good plot. Barbie NoEul is out off the place- everyone is stressed, everyone worries about the new policy in the hospital or who will become the next director. But ofc, she is relaxed and makes jokes, firts with the president and the actress is not even that good.

Call me a richard simmons, I admit I am, but I just hate each second I see her on screen or close to characters that are well written!

Otherwise, loved the episode. So much humanity and well expressed shades of that - greed, anger, pity, sadness. I am liking how things progress and I am waiting for what's next.

I love President Gu, how can one not love a complex characters that has so many layers of depth. I really liked when he noticed his secretary starts to know and read him, how he tried to stay away to not to judged. I also really liked to see him defeated, proved he is actually flawed and he is also stressed by his job just like any doctor is, that his status does not mean he is not lowly compares to his superiors. After all, he is like a piece that can be replaced anytime if he does not manage to do his job.

Ye JinWoo starts to become constant in thoughts, movement and actions. I really hope the writer does chage this situation and makes him feel more varied emotions. I am sick of seeing Lee Dong Wook with a sad face, he has potential to do so much more! Also, where is that reporter, he seemed infatuated with her and I liked their chemistry. He needs fresh air and she would be a hot catch!

SunWoo feels pain iss this a sign he will be able to walk again? I really hope so, that would be the greatest gift the writer-nim could give us! I hope he could be a doctor in the real sense of the word.

Lastly, can we all agree that the old dude doctor, who screamed all the episode,  is a pure narcissist ?

• Like 4

Just finished Ep8 with sub

I like Ep7 and I wow with Ep8

I enjoy this show. I like all charactors *everyone* have the moment. I did not expect what to have or what to like from this show.  This is my first medicial serie I have a try and time flies ! Its Ep8 already and looking forward to see next Ep to end.

Ep8 surprise a lot / first I thougt JW is not much in this Ep but when incident happpend in that room. I see other side of his and again with also with reporter.

• Like 7

Hello!

After binge-watching SF I continue watching this drama (thanks to JSW's charm) and this drama also captivates me, to the point I couldn't hold the urge to comment on this thread. Life makes me resurrect my account after two years :D

GSH, gosh. This man hahaha. When I first saw the trailer he looked so scary, so cold, so evil, until I watched his interaction with Ms. Kang and when he tried to learn scissors type. Those scenes erased all my first impression of him. This man is secretly hilarious and I really love the writer for making a character like this. I am really glad that people around GSH are also amazing like Ms. Kang and SWC (when he playfully kicks GSH LOL). I love GSH and SWC bromance so much and GSH - Ms. Kang banter. More scenes, please!

The thing is, let's compare ep 1 and ep 7. I feel like I'm watching a different drama. The atmosphere feels so different. And as much as I love soft GSH (he is super cute with his parents and dogs) I miss sharp-tongued GSH. I'm done with soft GSH now give me President GSH! Well, in ep 8 seems like everything will start to heat up again. YJW and YSW start to take action (don't forget their bromance here) and Dr. Joo, I hope he can get more screen time next week! The scene when GSH complained all the way to elevator about how the doctors keep making problems really cracked me up. Poor boi must fix all the mess the doctors created :lol: I can't wait for GSH - President Jo scenes again. Seems like GSH is getting pissed off by him.

1 hour ago, Schiau said:

President Gu will not be inspired by SunWoo's humanity, but he will be touched by his night walks with Barbie NoEul.

^^^

This. Please don't It would be so cliche if this happened.

I see that many netizens don't like the love line. The love line hasn't ruined the plot so far in my opinion, so as long as the writer doesn't make it too much or too cheesy I'm okay with it. But I agree about LNE character. I don't hate her and I enjoy her interaction with GSH but I can't deny that her character is kinda bland so far. Like she is just there being kind to everybody and that's it. She is too "one-dimensional" for a complex character like GSH :unsure: Also ep 8 ending makes me worry about love triangle. Please don't.

Now back to 5 days of waiting again :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Busy today.  Have not watched E8.  Welcome all newcomers to our little thread. :D

AGB Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1 (7/23/18):  4.334%

Episode 2 (7/24/18):   4.974%

Episode 3 (7/30/18):   4.601%

Episode 4 (7/31/18):   4.493%

Episode 5 (8/6/18):     4.328%

Episode 6 (8/7/18):     4.466%

Episode 7 (8/13/18):   4.116%

Episode 8 (8/14/18):   4.591%

Source

[SPOILERS!!!][Life Roundup] Episode 8

2018081601001271300096701_20180815003203

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-14%2Bat%2B11.16.16%2BAM.png

1. [+432, -7] No but ah because Moon Sung Geun is so good at acting, I'm getting annoyed

2. [+357, -0] Although there's a bit of an unfortunate part for the love line and what not, the reason I feel like this drama is a masterpiece is because it shows off really well the reality of our country's medical industry. Whether you're a medical personnel, reviewer, or hospital manager, everyone has a predicament and have parts they have to fix and the writer writes that so well. The bitter part is that I feel the most sorry for the patients and being sick is sad... 

3. [+265, -10] Kim Chang Wan for 'White Tower', Moon Sung Geun for 'Life', although the other actors are good at emotional acting, there are times where their diction is a bit unfortunate but with Moon Sung Geun, whether he talks softly, yells, or is in a good mood, it flows into your ear(t/n: they're saying they're able to hear his lines properly). I watched in awe. 

4. [+204, -5] I was caught off guard because they immediately spoiled it in the preview...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@bedifferent thanks for the ratings...Just saying- LIFE obtained slightly higher ratings on the same episode of Stranger. I am saying this because I am scared that audiences drop this drama due to the love line. I love Stranger I love LIFE. 

I am not sure why some audiences do not like the love line or the interaction between President Gu and Dr. NE. I like it very much at least something different from her debut drama. I do hope that the love doesn't stop there at least make him and Dr. NE good friend who understand each other. Being a warm-hearted nature, Dr. NE is just being herself - he treats Dr. Ye Jin Woo with warm-hearted too. Probably some see her interaction with him is more than an employee/employer due to her style and smiling faces, I can understand that but I still believe that it is not her intention at all to flirt with him. She just interested to learn more about him and accept him as a better President. And furthermore, nobody from the hospital approaches President Gu the way she does...things she said make him reflect on what he is doing or at least that's what I hope. 

## I want to add that: I think Dr. NE has touched President Gu soft sport - caring of child/kids - probably President has some issues/or past stories related to this and also by voluntarily joining "Volunteer Programme with President" - I am sure apart from the idea accidentally and unintentionally thrown by Secretary Kang , President Gu must someone who loves dogs very much.

Anyway, thank you very much for creating this forum. I am actually a new member to this forum but not new to Soompi forum :heart: ..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jusyed said:

@bedifferent thanks for the ratings...Just saying- LIFE obtained slightly higher ratings on the same episode of Stranger. I am saying this because I am scared that audiences drop this drama due to the love line. I love Stranger I love LIFE. 

I am not sure why some audiences do not like the love line or the interaction between President Gu and Dr. NE. I like it very much at least something different from her debut drama. I do hope that the love doesn't stop there at least make him and Dr. NE good friend who understand each other. Being a warm-hearted nature, Dr. NE is just being herself - he treats Dr. Ye Jin Woo with warm-hearted too. Probably some see her interaction with him is more than an employee/employer due to her style and smiling faces, I can understand that but I still believe that it is not her intention at all to flirt with him. She just interested to learn more about him and accept him as a better President. And furthermore, nobody from the hospital approaches President Gu the way she does...things she said make him reflect on what he is doing or at least that's what I hope. 

Anyway, thank you very much for creating this forum. I am actually a new member to this forum but not new to Soompi forum :heart: ..

I agree with you about NE. I consider her role quite important because she is the only one who shows Mr. Gu that there are different kind of doctors. Notice that Mr. Gu has been more working with doctors like KTS, OSW or LSY (Cancer Center chief) who are quite arrogant and selfish. NE as a doctor is behaving differently: she treats him like an equal, shows him things that he didn't know without being condescending. Just because Mr. Gu is no doctor but a businessman, this doesn't mean that he is "stupid" or has less value than the doctors. Interacting with NE, he learns more about the hospital which can help him to see the problems... NE pointed out the waste of money with drugs (buying 100 mg but using only 20 mg in the pediatric department). There is room for improvement here. Unlike NE, all the doctors mentioned above are more interested in power that is connected to that Hospital director seat than the hospital itself.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A random thought: Cho Seung-woo looks younger in casual clothes.

(ps am on ep 7 so am skipping parts of this thread about ep 8 but saw a bit of spoiler. I'm itching to watch it already)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Jusyed said:

## I want to add that: I think Dr. NE has touched President Gu soft sport - caring of child/kids - probably President has some issues/or past stories related to this and also by voluntarily joining "Volunteer Programme with President" - I am sure apart from the idea accidentally and unintentionally thrown by Secretary Kang , President Gu must someone who loves dogs very much.

Anyway, thank you very much for creating this forum. I am actually a new member to this forum but not new to Soompi forum  ..

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you about NE. I consider her role quite important because she is the only one who shows Mr. Gu that there are different kind of doctors. Notice that Mr. Gu has been more working with doctors like KTS, OSW or LSY (Cancer Center chief) who are quite arrogant and selfish. NE as a doctor is behaving differently: she treats him like an equal, shows him things that he didn't know without being condescending. Just because Mr. Gu is no doctor but a businessman, this doesn't mean that he is "stupid" or has less value than the doctors. Interacting with NE, he learns more about the hospital which can help him to see the problems... NE pointed out the waste of money with drugs (buying 100 mg but using only 20 mg in the pediatric department). There is room for improvement here. Unlike NE, all the doctors mentioned above are more interested in power that is connected to that Hospital director seat than the hospital itself.   

@Jusyed  @bebebisous33

Thank you so much  for you share thought. I love your both post. 

There are the positive describe of NE charactor

Maybe because of I 'm fan of romance series so might enjoy and easy to see love line did not make series lost mean point.
( I'm  curious, IF there are no love line, then medical series will contains the whole ep with only medical issue? 
If so I might move out to other series from very first few ep. Because there are some different line, so the show keep me addict and by profit to know more of medical story) 

I see NE character that she help ppl understand what going on in hospital world and medical issue from her point of view and clever one.

• Like 7

@piekeboeboe Thanks a lot. cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532

The point is that YJW has also a biased view of Mr. Gu. He only perceives him as a negative man. Yet he wasn't there, when the president met his brother. Unlike KTS, Mr. Gu sat down in order to be at the same level with YSW which outlined that he wanted to make YSW comfortable. He didn't look down on YSW despite his disability. He showed respect the entire time. YJW gets mad at people who look down on his brother. 

However, YJW sees his brother as a helpless person. He still considers him as someone who needs help and that's exactly what SW doesn't want but he doesn't stop his brother (see f. ex. washing the dishes). However, for the first time YSW was criticised for his disability. Striking is that YJW spoke for YSW's defense. Yet like Dr. Joo said, it should have been YSW's fight and not YJW's fight. YSW didn't defend himself which underlined YSW's lack of courage and YJW's biased view of YSW. It is really quite telling that only after that fight, YSW decided to confess his feelings to NE. Sure, he wanted to avoid the subject about Dr. Joo and decided to divert her attention to another topic. Yet, he chose a serious topic. For the first time, he wanted to be clear: he would like to be seen as a man. Earlier in the episode, he sent away NE before leaving as he didn't want to be seen as a disabled person. 

To me, both brothers need to change their relationship. YSW needs to show his brother YJW that he is an independent man who doesn't rely on his brother. This way YJW should stop feeling guilty. As long as YSW acts as a disabled man (let him do the dish aso), JW will keep having his "illusion". IT seems that YSW has still issues with his health hence he is hiding his connection to Dr. Joo. However, it is a matter of time until it is revealed. Somehow, YSW seems to know that his brother is feeling "uneasy" with him. Nevertheless, I doubt that he has realized the true problem: JW doesn't feel burdened, he feels guilty which is totally different. I am sure that in the next episode, JW will have a different illusion: he will confuse LBH with Dr. Joo. I guess, he misses LBH so much... now, he has realized that his "adoptive" father wasn't that bad.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, annagriss8 said:

Behind the scene 

LDW: I'm a homebody. Hyung?  

JSW: I'm a super homebody. :D

Awww I love LDW-JSW interaction so much. I'm sure that cat saved the entire cat nation in its previous life to be petted by JSW like that. It looks like JSW really loves cat and dog. He keeps playing with them in bts videos.

@bebebisous33 really nice perspective of YJW-YSW relationship!

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, purpose said:

t looks like JSW really loves cat and dog

In this bts video, JSW told Tae In Ho (Dr Chang Sun Woo) he missed his dog.

Sbwf26a.png

JSW: What day is it today?

TIH: Thursday.

JSW: Gosh. I really miss my dog. I want to home.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

@bebebisous33

Again a good post!  :heart: Love reading, this is like watch episode in fav scene again with extend time and more details.

"ex. washing the dishe" <-- Yes Yes i really dont like JSW for this. He menstion to NE very clear please don't say sth to make JSW feel disability but he did that most.
I did not like but do understand him, he did suffer much, very much that he create illusion of his brother.

The runing scene is painful.

Also when JSW asking JYW whom "he talking too" (in his room, because JSW hear the voice that JYW talking about him) 
JYW suffer stil from accident til today.

"YSW's fight"
<-- So many beautiful thought of script
I hope the viewers value more of many many line rather focus on (unhappy) with love line

YSW impress me so much, its his EP!

Also Sun Woo-Chang, when he said that his job to make someone see again or alive. 

Also Dr. O who take time to teach ppl of medical

I like that Ep have everyone moment and ....
React of YJW with Reposter make me giggle:wub:

YSW decided to confess his feelings to NE. Sure, he wanted to avoid the subject about Dr. Joo and decided to divert her attention to another topic. Yet, he chose a serious topic. For the first time, he wanted to be clear: he would like to be seen as a man. Earlier in the episode, he sent away NE before leaving as he didn't want to be seen as a disabled person. 

I like NE in this scene, she keep asking, even JSW refuse to answer and asking her back a few time. NE is cleaver (and pretty face)

To me, both brothers need to change their relationship. 

<-- love this!

One more things, the preview of next episode, LIFE is showing a lot of scenes much where I thought that regular series wil keep it as high point. ( ex Dr. Joo get highest vote??)

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

LIFE is showing a lot of scenes much where I thought that regular series wil keep it as high point. ( ex Dr. Joo get highest vote??)

Yes, it was like an unannounced spoiler. I wished I wouldn't knew beforehand. 

I was a bit disappointed about some drama reviews and situations regarding fans on SNS.

I know that everyone has the right to their own opinion, but when you have a lot of followers I think you should be more reserved about the recommendations. I mean, Life has barely reached half and there are people who do not recommend it (SNS accounts)... that the plot is not good, that there are too many directions and loose ends...
     I think each piece of puzzle will find its place at a time, just that no one seems to be patient and give a vote of confidence to the writer. Besides, it was known from the beginning that it would be a drama about politics in the medical system, not about medical procedures on screen.

Personally, I enjoy this drama, it looks real, with real people fighting for their dreams, for their life, changing in good or bad throughout the process; no one is entirely bad or entirely good, important is if you want to move forward looking for your better self.

About the love lines, why not, we all are looking for some love in our life.  (And I really want a movie or drama with the main subject "crazy in love" with CSW main lead , along with another one where he is a real bastard.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, piekeboeboe said:

@bebebisous33

Again a good post!  :heart: Love reading, this is like watch episode in fav scene again with extend time and more details.

"ex. washing the dishe" <-- Yes Yes i really dont like JSW for this. He menstion to NE very clear please don't say sth to make JSW feel disability but he did that most.
I did not like but do understand him, he did suffer much, very much that he create illusion of his brother.

The runing scene is painful.

Also when JSW asking JYW whom "he talking too" (in his room, because JSW hear the voice that JYW talking about him) 
JYW suffer stil from accident til today.

"YSW's fight"
<-- So many beautiful thought of script
I hope the viewers value more of many many line rather focus on (unhappy) with love line

YSW impress me so much, its his EP!

Also Sun Woo-Chang, when he said that his job to make someone see again or alive. 

Also Dr. O who take time to teach ppl of medical

I like that Ep have everyone moment and ....
React of YJW with Reposter make me giggle:wub:

I like NE in this scene, she keep asking, even JSW refuse to answer and asking her back a few time. NE is cleaver (and pretty face)

<-- love this!

One more things, the preview of next episode, LIFE is showing a lot of scenes much where I thought that regular series wil keep it as high point. ( ex Dr. Joo get highest vote??)

First of all, thanks a lot for the compliment! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532crazy monkey

@wanda77Then I would like to point out that since the preview revealed so much about the next episode, I have the impression that the preview is in fact misleading the viewers. There is this possibility that the other doctors like KTS, OSW or the Cancer Chief Center decided to use Dr. Joo as their puppet and scapegoat, once they realized that neither KTS nor LeeSY had chances to become the Hospital director. However, in order to deceive Gu and other doctors, they decide not to withdrew their candidature so that neither Gu nor Joo will suspect that they are trying to get rid of these two people. We shouldn't forget that these 4 doctors (LSY, KTS, OSW and the ophtalmologist chief) used to meet and talk together about a strategy.

Besides, the real focus will be more about Gu and Dr. Joo: how both will work together. In my opinion, people are expecting that Gu's vision as a businessman will clash with Dr. Joo's philanthropic view. That's why I sense that KTS and the others might use Joo as a scapegoat/puppet in order to get rid of Gu. Remember that Joo has the authority to change the president. Nevertheless, this little game (based on my theory) will backfire on them because it was clearly shown in the past that Gu respects Dr. Joo. Moreover, the latter is close to NE hence our pediatrician could be the one who makes them work together. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1