[Japanese Drama 2018] Kiss that kills, トドメの接吻, Todome no kisu, Sundays

0ly40

~sigh~ I'm waiting for the movie.  I know there's going to have to be a movie. This will be the first time where I'll wait for a movie to rectify a drama. Unless of course there is a part two to this drama...which there could be. 

Hey...do you guys think they could go as far as making a part two? I could see this having a second season.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Can someone please tell me did eight and saiko end up together or not??? Just put that in spoiler alert please. Im so curious to know rn 

@topazeyedgirl @evie7

I'm not sure and I'm kind of afraid to peek at those spoilers but I did...

@topazeyedgirl Thanks for the insights.

@Ayamedragonhiplz.gif?1 Hello, thanks for the updates. I didn't really get to see what was happening w/ the parallel but it sounds like it would have been fun to watch both.

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

This is somewhat of a happy ending to me.  At least now Eight knows who he should pursuing.  The time slip also give him a chance to redeem himself and not ruining 3 other people happiness.  After watching ep9, I was beginning to hate Eight and sympathized with Saiko, Mikoto and Takauji. 

Even though I'm a little disappointed with the ending like @doralok and topazeyedgirl, I see what you mean, Eight does now know Saiko is the one for him and I can't see him giving up on her.  Mikoto and Takauji's lives have gone back to normal too. It was unfair of Eight to rock her world just for money, bring out the worst in Takauji.  At least we got an open ending and they didn't all die.  It would have been very traumatic.  Jdramas do have a way of teaching us to just go w/the flow and not get to carried away w/our expectations even though I will never learn that lesson. :tongue: This drama did make me Kento's fan so I'm happy about that. 

http://yamazaki-kento.com/news/the-real-ending-is-in-todome-no-parallels-final-episode/

After all, the parallel episode is no parallel reality, but the true ending of the series (link has spoilers)

@vaberella movie? What? Don't get my hopes up please hahaha, Either way, I don't think we'll get a season 2 unfortunately. 

I guess you guys are right. An open ending it's better than a tragic one. Even so, I would have loved a true happy ending. We've spent these 10 weeks watching all these kisses with no apparent meaning for Eighto other than to time leap. I just wanted to see one swept Saiko of her feet kiss. With no time leap otherwise that would be no fun XD

2 hours ago, vaberella said:

I know there's going to have to be a movie.

oh is that confirmed alr?

2 hours ago, vaberella said:

Hey...do you guys think they could go as far as making a part two? I could see this having a second season.

i do have a feel that they would have a second season for this. I mean why they need to go far to the new year party if they are not having another plan for it. My guess is they will show us how eight pursue saiko and convinced her that they did know e/o before.

The thing that bothers me is why Eight couldn't waint until it becomes 3 months since Saiko's death, then kiss the homeless guy, return to the day Saiko was killed and save her? So she wouldn't lose all her memories

last night I finish the ep 10 

I can't speak out how I feel hahaha 

I got stunt ( =_=)

the paralell have 2 ep Engsubs

ep1 

http://yamazaki-kento.com/subs/todome-no-parallel-ep01/

ep2

http://yamazaki-kento.com/subs/todome-no-parallel-ep02/

I got the Chinsesesub before but noting interesting , you should waiting for paralell ep 10. 

the movie version , I think it's possible but maybe the same story but different actors. 

the 2nd season I think maybe not. 

they like to endind like this. 

many Japanese fans complain about paralell because it's available only in HuLu and you need to pay about 1000yen to watch. 

paralell ep10 let us see a new life of Otaro after he have choose his future himself and change everything. 

all I need is more sweet scenes between Otaro and Saiko //CRY CRY CRY 

On 11.03.2018 at 7:09 PM, doralok said:

Agree with you ㅠㅠ

Hide contents

I think they played with me, I didn't like the ending to butterfly effect style at all. It is true that the Todome no Parallel improves things, but I still don't feel satisfied with the ending. I wait for the subtitles anxiously, to see exactly what happened.

Spoiler

i've seen the parallel ending and to sum it up, otaro told what happened between them to saiko as if it was just a dream of his 

at the end saiko said " i would like to hear more about that dream and i'm sure me from the dream regretted it, she would've wanted to know more about you and i too" (meaning that the current saiko wants to know more about him too) 

after that he asks that if she is hungry 

sooo i think it's a happy ending after all 

ps. in the middle otaro asked if she was dating(going out) with hasabe, saiko answered the question in the literal sense(as in just going to somewhere with him ) and said yes,  there we could see his jealousy and relief right after saiko said something along the lines they just hang out,

overall he is still in love with saiko and saiko is interested in him, way to start a relationship right,

btw i wonder if they ever will be able to kiss normally and can she kiss him in other places and not time leap hmm   

those who wants to know about the ending i translated the important parts :)

Thanks so much @asyuki !!!! That certainly shines a new light on this :)

I was still hoping to see that after Eighto rectified himself as an individual (prioritizing what is really important) Saikos power disappeared (as if it was its only goal). And they could maintain a normal relationship with each other... I guess not.

Either way everyone this was a hell of a ride haha

On 11/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, evie7 said:

Even though I'm a little disappointed with the ending like @doralok and topazeyedgirl, I see what you mean, Eight does now know Saiko is the one for him and I can't see him giving up on her.  Mikoto and Takauji's lives have gone back to normal too. It was unfair of Eight to rock her world just for money, bring out the worst in Takauji.  At least we got an open ending and they didn't all die.  It would have been very traumatic.  Jdramas do have a way of teaching us to just go w/the flow and not get to carried away w/our expectations even though I will never learn that lesson. :tongue: This drama did make me Kento's fan so I'm happy about that. 

I think you're right @evie7, but I still feel sad with the ending, I expected Otaro to be happy too.

I also did make me Kento's fan now. He have great potential, I did enjoy his performance very much. Mugi is so good actress too, I loved her character. 

5 hours ago, asyuki said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i've seen the parallel ending and to sum it up, otaro told what happened between them to saiko as if it was just a dream of his 

at the end saiko said " i would like to hear more about that dream and i'm sure me from the dream regretted it, she would've wanted to know more about you and i too" (meaning that the current saiko wants to know more about him too) 

after that he asks that if she is hungry 

sooo i think it's a happy ending after all 

ps. in the middle otaro asked if she was dating(going out) with hasabe, saiko answered the question in the literal sense(as in just going to somewhere with him ) and said yes,  there we could see his jealousy and relief right after saiko said something along the lines they just hang out,

overall he is still in love with saiko and saiko is interested in him, way to start a relationship right,

btw i wonder if they ever will be able to kiss normally and can she kiss him in other places and not time leap hmm   

those who wants to know about the ending i translated the important parts :)

Thank you @asyuki ☺️

On 11/03/2018 at 3:00 PM, galaxy97 said:

oh is that confirmed alr?

i do have a feel that they would have a second season for this. I mean why they need to go far to the new year party if they are not having another plan for it. My guess is they will show us how eight pursue saiko and convinced her that they did know e/o before.

Not at all for both ends. Just supposition and wishful thinking.  

For the parallels...are they all subbed yet?

On 3/18/2018 at 10:29 AM, vaberella said:

Not at all for both ends. Just supposition and wishful thinking.  

For the parallels...are they all subbed yet?

This series didn't have high rating, so I'm praying for a SP rather than a second season.  I think a second season will spoil all of the good points about this series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i am really happy with drama, i can get the chance of watching kento yamazaki in a different view, his character is very different compared to his previous ones. He showed he can play mature roles too, so happy for him and happy for myself to see him in such an attractive character. And for the drama, i just finished it and i learnt there is another drama todome no paralell, like a season 2 , i will definitely watch it today even though i have exams lol :D Kentooo Yamazaki is love <3

Archived