KAT-TUN Official topic

Guest DivineX

Guest Ginoru

DMotion was just made for fun and you can see that not even them took it seriously, probably why the making was fun to watch :P And really the autotune...i don't like it but sometimes i am even thankful for it XD Yeah they do different styles but they had managed to keep their identity (one of the biggest complains i have read from japanese fans "They don't feel Kt"), and i have to agree, some days back i had keyhole open, was just listening not watching and the CM started and i thought Hey Say were having a new single -_-

I couldn't, all of it felt like a fanfiction made drama not a drama based upon a manga; the only one i could see on character was Tegosi the rest i don't know who were they playing but none felt like the real characters, a pity because some had real possibilties. I easilly put it behind and went back to read the manga to heal, by the way, it's really interesting in this latest chapters XD

I am sure some would love that but it's their problem, they love to hate? that's what they will get in their lives. In fact Jin has said once and again that he is not leaving KT, last time the very day he took the plane to LA when he was harrased by reporters asking nonsenses. I say he is americanized but in his music XD in all the rest he is still JinJin. You know how people is, they love to have someone to hate for no reason, if we pay attention to Oscar Wilde that means he is really well known and famous that's the haters lose XD

Yepp that's why i think all this is very well planed by Johnny ......

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for explaining Dmotion--I guess I would have known it was more on the fun side--if I'd watched the making.

which I'm going to do later on.

=p

I was wondering if you knew if any KT members other than Turtle kun have been on Shimura Zoo? I've only seen his. I would love to see others (have seen them on similar shows with puppies--wonder if Junno is envious of the others). I know they're all animal lovers--but I think I knew I liked Kame when he bit the piece of fish in half because it was too big for the baby otter. =x

**p.s. I like Yuya. xD

Guest doleste

I don't mind Going--as much as Dmotion--it's hard to listen to. I haven't been able to listen to the whole song at all. -__- I want to hear KT's voices, not bleeding autotune--which I can't stand, especially when used to death. You can barely hear them. Maybe if Going were arranged differently--it might not be as bad. It's not like they don't do lighter dance-type songs--but these don't really sound like their type of song. I can't complain too much--because it's fine if they DO do differnt styles once in a while--but it's just that these songs aren't really KT songs...I agree.

Love Yourself isn't bad (minus the autotune again please -___-* ). As for the drama, when I first read about it, especially hearing/reading so many negative comments--and the fact that it wasn't the same story (YNSH is one of my favorite manga)--I decided to watch it anyway, with an open mind. Especially since I kind of thought--why isn't Kame Ranmaru--and Uchi Kyouhei? But--the more I watched (trying to remember that it's only BASED on the manga, and doesn't follow exactly)--the more I liked it. After it was done, I couldn't see Kame as Ranmaru. There were a couple of things I wasn't crazy about, but it was still pretty decent.

I've been reading a lot of nasty comments about how Jin is abandoning KT by coming to the US again for his tour, and that if he wants to move here and leave KT permanently, that's fine with them. Who ever said he's not coming back to Japan? These are probably the same ones who were mad last time he left, and when he came back--said ''he's soooooooo Americanized! All I saw was Jin. Acting like Jin. How exactly is he less Japanese because he was in the US for a while? He gets the blame for too much--he's not the boss,or musical director, and they probably don't have total control over their music, even though we do get to hear their own songs sometimes. By now they really should have more of a say in what songs they do, etc.

edit: because we were posting at the same time, Ginoru, I didn't see what you wrote. It's not like the guys haven't been here before--they've come--what--twice so far? They were younger, and didn't have concerts or anything--but you;re right--not only could Jin generate interest--but they have a lot more fans now (especially internationally), and I'm sure people would want to see them in some kind of concert.

edit: fixed because I just realized i said Takenaga instead of Ranmaru. u___u

I agree about "D-Motion." I would like "D-Motion" a little bit more if it weren't so autotuned. It seemed like a club song, which was what I liked about it. I only hear those types of songs in the guys' solos (mainly Jin, and maybe Koki). If "Going!" were arranged more in the style that Kt is known for, then I might listen to it more. I think what's upsetting the fans is that this type of thing happened too many times in a row.

Personally, I liked "Love Yourself" (the arrangement minus autotune). The drama was meant for a wider fan-base, so the theme had to differ from Kt's past songs. As for casting, I can see how you could see Kame and Uchi playing each others' roles at first MythnoonA. I was picturing Kame as Ranmaru, Uchi as Kyouhei, and the dancer as Oda (but I still enjoyed his portrayal as Ranmaru). (I was just going by character descriptions, since I hadn't read the original YamaNade. :blink: ) I can see how the purists and fans of the original could be disappointed in some parts of the drama. I enjoyed YamaNade overall, but I felt that there were some spaces that was probably up to the manga to fill.

Ginoru

I see what you mean about the sales. "Bokura no Machi de" did phenomenally without Jin, so it's not like the chart performance of "Going!" is all his fault. (I'm aware that "Bokura..." was an Oda song. Even then, the latest A-side choice shouldn't have been like this.)

LoveYunhO

Don't worry. No one's going to attack you. You're right about the money. If Johnny didn't ever care about the money at all, he would've never become a CEO. Johnny sees an opportunity right now to crack into the American entertainment scene. It's tough, but Jin, his Jinisms, and his desire to master English has made it a little bit easier. So all those times that he looked like he was letting Jin do as he pleased were probably part of a much bigger plan, like Ginoru said. I see it as a win-win situation for both of them.

Guest doleste

^ I heard about that! Is it going to include just "KT-TUN" again or all six members? Guess I'll wait and see.

I was watching some KT videos, and was wondering if anyone has seen their Shounen Club Premium (20100328) - subbed in English. I couldn't find anything at youtube.

Also, while I was there (at least 3 hours-had KAT-TUN needs :P )--I saw an old vid of them, and it made me think of their recent concert shortish bungee jumping thing...I know certain persons are afraid of heights (welcome to the club -__- They'd have to bribe me to get me to do that =x ) It's from years ago, when they went diving in a pool (looked like they were competing?) --think it said when Ueda kun was 19--so it's from their skinny boy times. lol Koki and Ueda were terrified. Maru was a little upset, but he did dive. I'm not sure if Koki finally did--if it happened, I missed it. Jin did. I don't know if Junno did it...they didn't show it in this part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3S2452J2Rc...laynext_from=QL

edit: watching Break the Records DVD, and went O--O when I saw Koki--did they all put on a little weight? It looks good on him. They look healthier to me than when I saw Love Yourself MV-- Kame and Jin looked mostly okay, but even Iriguchi Deguchi kun looked a little on the thin side. And Maru + Ueda too. Or maybe it was just the way it was filmed??

Was the concert DVD filmed during the last one? They don't even look tired--and they glow.

Guest LoveYunhO

^ I heard about that! Is it going to include just "KT-TUN" again or all six members? Guess I'll wait and see.

Hopefully it will include all six... I read it on livejournal.

Guest LoveYunhO

Everyone Look!!!

Jin's American website just lanched two new songs!!!! *happy dance*

Click Here!!

So... Do you think he'll be releasing a CD also? I like "A Page" though

Guest Ginoru

MythnoonA

I always watch the making of, it's normally the best part of every new PV

As far as i know nope, but i'd be interesting to see Ueda with his 5 dogs (though his parents still have the golden retrievers) and 3 cats :P

Check here http://community.livejournal.com/jone_records/ you may be lucky

Ah yes i have the whole video(Hadaka no Shonen), Koki didn't do it, he was even trembling the poor boy(he has never been at ease with heights or rollercoasters) and Tatchan ended up crying poor baby, all the rest jumped and Maru is interesting because then he had no problem and now... XD

Junno jump

th_junnohadakaakateam.jpg

Koki not jump (got more caps)

th_Kokidivingakateam1.jpg

And Maru just after Koki did not jump (got more caps)

th_Marudivingshiroteam.jpgth_Marudivingshiroteam1.jpg

Yeah they had more meat on because allof them had made a regimen to put on weight to be able to resist the concerts hell that it was last year. It was filmed on the last Tokyo day and of course they were happy XD they finally were free to do as they pleased and scape the total control Je had on them in the city :)

doleste

It is a club song, done for fun :)

I think that Going should be created new from scrap again for me to like it, i just can't, i keep hearing the commercial in keyhole and aalways think it's Hey Say :S

Not really, Lips was made for 1 Pound Gosple that was also for a wide audience, from kids to teens onwards and it is one of the best KT songs and PV they have done

You better read the manga, it's good, fun and fast to read and despite it doesn't look like it it is a manga to make people think a lot about certain things; you will see that there's impossible the manga could fill anything for the drama since it has nothing to do with the manga story, beguinning with the main character, that already changed it the whole.

Yeah, those who blame it on Jin are obviously haters and biased against him, it is the music what has backfired in Kt this time, nothing else.

Exactly, only a few privileged have to power to do as they want in JE, to a certain extent that is, and Jin is not between them, he has never been one of the Golden Boys, in fact he has always been between the forgotten ones (since he did Yukan in 2007 until he did Bandage he had not even one project, not even radio, just magazine photoshoots...). The rest have to obbey and follow orders no matter what they really want.

In fact Johnny is the one winning, if things don't go too well in USA at least he gets perspective and experience about how showbiz goes there but Jin could get hurt.

About the album, since Love Yourself and D-Motion are in Jin is in unless they have recorded a new version, but the rest of the album will be only with five members

LoveYunhO

It will include six in Love Yourself and D-Motion all the rest is just with 5

Those are no new songs :) A Page is already recorded in LY single and My MP3 is one of the songs he performed in You&Jin Japan, but he has new songs for USA, at least one! :D

Guest LoveYunhO

Ginoru

lol.. i know that but it was an update on Jin's page... But yeah i can't wait until his tour!!!

Guest kate666

May I ask if anyone here knows how to book tickets for KAT-TUN's shows in Korea ?

Can we possibly book it online ? Thanks in advance. :D

Guest hyuhin

KAT-TUN to hold first concert in Korea

According to the group’s Korean Representative, Mnet Media, Japanese pop idol KAT-TUN will be holding their first concert in Korea this summer in August. Aside from Korea, the group will also be performing in Japan, Taiwan and several countries throughout Asia.

A press release from Mnet said that the six-member boy band will hold their two-day concert at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium in Seoul on August 6 and 7, as one of the stops on their Asia Tour titled “KAT-TUN World Big Tour.” One representative from Mnet stated, “Local fans are showing great interest in the group performing in the country and they will be able to experience high quality music from KAT-TUN.”

credit: http://www.tokyofied.com/2010/06/kat-tun-t...ncert-in-korea/

Guest AsianMusic4Ever

I really like this Japanese Band :)

They Have Pretty Good songs,

I like "White Xmas, Going, Real Face, Sadistic Love & Our Story".

Kazuya's & Jin's Voice just melts me...

Guest LoveYunhO

KAT-TUN's New PV NMP

NMP

The MV is Great!!! The song is good too!!!

OMG Ueda's high note!!!! :)

Jin Please Comeback soon!!!!

Guest crazyfrog

I agree! this MV actually looks like they at least put some thought into it. One of my favourites. It sort of reminds me of Rescue. =)

And OMG!! Ueda was so hot in this. And Kame's arm!!! I didn't know he had such big guns... O.O

definitely one of my favourite songs from KT, N.M.P. :)

its a little different with their usual dark songs, because you can tell they put in more effort in arranging the vocals. not the usual non-challenging lines. Ueda adlibs! :o first step. lol

anyway im not sure if im the only one here, but i really like Going!, maybe because i've heard toooo many dark songs from them that the usual 'childish', 'kiddy' Arashi and NEWS music appealed to me a little more. With that, i like the mv as well. so smiley :D haha and the dance is a lil messy but looks fun for them.

looking forward to Jin's return and can anyone update about the new album's sales when its out for the first week? Thanks~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AsianMusic4Ever

My Favorite Members Are, Kame-Kun & JinJin-Kun

Kazuya Because I really Like his acting & His voice can just melt me.

Jin Because I think He have a great voice, he can act & he's cute LOL

Guest Ginoru

My gosh i have been busy!!

LoveYunhO

Now we can say it! The new songs are "Bass go Boom", "Yellow Gold" and "Tipsy Love".

And he is having a 7 Cities Tour across USA!!! New York, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Anaheim, Los Angeles and Las Vegas

Not only that Ueda will also have a Solo Tour in Japan in August!!

I always said that this two guys would do great in the music world!!!

About time they left that thing that was Going behind! Now they are back on track crossing fingers for they to keep it!

XD I find very funny how everyone is surprised with Ueda's high note XD He has been doing those notes forever! He normally sings with Jin, and that's because he has the capability to do so!

Jin will come back when he finishes his work XD

kate666

Sorry I answered so late >.<

Check here but i think it't been like war http://category.gmar...ticket_main.asp

AsianMusic4Ever

New fan?

I love Jin and Ueda, Junno is my number 2 after them and my number 3 are Koki and Maru. I don't like kame, but i can say he acts well

monaero

It's great, but i still prefer LIPS, much more simple and amazing impact, it has a lot of psychologic reading in it; NMP is easier to understand

crazyfrog

Ueda, Koki and Junno were great

XD He pumps up for single and albums photoshoots and PVs, watch him the rest of the time

jaefan

In fact it's just that musically is simpler because they had to adjust the difficult passages not having Jin to sing them, but Ueda does great like always.

I always find very amusing how people gets surprised with Ueda's singing! Guess people gets distracted with other things...He has always being doing amazing things in songs, from screaming ("Shorty", yes, Koki's solo, like Junno is present in "One on One" but no one realizes ) to great notes, "Our Story" 's last note his his for example, or sing a-bis, normally with Jin since their voices complement each other, step voices we used to call them in opera :)

It's normal that of course, you like it since as you say you are more an Arashi, NewS girl but for me that i am all Kt, the rock, dark and strong Kt (i'd kill to have them preform "Rhodesia" live!!)Going made me ashamed (and i am not the only one), specially when they presented it in Music Station in front of Laruku >.< specially when Laruku has said they are good (even being Je) and have even been defended by them in front of their fans....good thing that after what japanese fans called the "Downfall" (Play on words with "Fall Down" since most think that one should have been the A side) they have regained their senses and are back to being KT. If Kt became what they are is because they are not the typical Je group, of those there are many...

Jin will come back after his USA tour ^^

You can check in KtLove livejournal http://community.liv....com/kattunlove they have the selling numbers there but despite being better (muuuch better that Going sells it's not as good :S ) i guess people were still in shock after Going and scared they'd get the same.

Guest annieluvkattun

new to this forum but not to kat-tun.

come here to find news abt their korean concert, after learning that tickets have been sold-out.

gotta say i luv no more pain, the pv absolutely at par with what i expect.

they have a lot going on now, most members are busy.

hope they keep on like this for years to come.

and become legendary like their senpais :-)

Archived