OCN DRAMA 2018

MISTRESS 미스트리스

Mistress-03.jpg?w=400

Drama: Mistress/ Mistresses

Hangul: 미스트리스

Genre: drama, romance, mystery

Network: OCN

Episodes: 12

Director: Han Ji-Seung (Valid Love, Alone in Love, Papa)

Writer: Go Jung-Woon, Kim Jin-Wook

Release Date: April 28, 2018- June 3, 2018

Runtime: Saturday & Sunday, 22:20 (following drama “Children of A Lesser God”)

Production Company: Studio Dragon, Chorokbaem Media

OST:part 1 Savina & Drones- Will you hug me

part 2

Official site:

Other site: http://asianwiki.com/Mistress_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/mistress/

Plot

Drama is about the scandalous lives of a group of four girlfriends - each on her own path to self-discovery as they brave the turbulent journey together. After Jan Se-Yeon`s husband died in accident, she has lived with her daughter. She begins to receive phone calls and mysterious things take place around her. The drama series will revolve around 4 women including Jan Se-Yeon (Han Ga-In), Kim Eun-Soo (Shin Hyun-Bin), Han Jung-Won (Choi Hee-Seo) and Do Hwa-Young (Goo Jae-Yee).

Notes

The drama is a remake after US drama Mistresses (2013- 2016) AND UK Mistresses (2008- 2010). Drama Mistresses is about the scandalous lives of a group of four girlfriends - each on her own path to self-discovery as they brave the turbulent journey together.

"Mistress" is based on the british BBC drama broadcast in 2008, and draws stories about life, work, love and firendship of four protagonists in their thirties.

Cast

tumblr_p39o4c7r921sdd1ivo8_r2_540.png

Han Ga-In - Jan Se-Yeon

Shin Hyun-Bin - Kim Eun-Soo

Choi Hee-Seo - Han Jung-Won

Goo Jae-Yee - Do Hwa-Young

Lee Hee-Joon - Han Sang-Hoon

Park Byung-Eun - Hwang Dong-Seok

Oh Jung-Se - Kim Young-Dae

Ji Il-Joo - Kwon Min-Gyu

Jung Ga-Ram - Sun-Ho

Kim Min-Soo - Kang Tae-O

Kim Hee-Jin - Yang Jin-Gun

Jang Hee-Jung - Baek Jae-Hee

Character descriptions

Poster

Mistress-Poster2.jpg

Spoiler

Mistress-Poster3.jpg

Mistress-Poster4.jpg

Mistress-Poster5.jpg

Mistress-Poster6.jpg

Mistress-Poster7.jpg

Mistress-Poster8.jpg

Mistress-Poster9.jpg

Mistress-Poster10.jpg

Mistress-Poster11.jpg

Mistress-Poster12.jpg

Mistress-Poster13.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Trailer I
Trailer II
Trailer (Jang Se Yun)
Trailer (Do Hwa Young)

- Highlight video (5 min preview)

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I heard about this new remake, I was happy that we`ll have another show where the women are in the center of the story. I watched the first season of American series and a few episodes from the second but I could not continue because it has turned too soapy for my taste.  But I take the original idea, I want to see four women and their stories, their friendship and I hope the Korean version will make a better version. It is on OCN so, I am curious how they will make it.

I did not watch the British show (the original series) but I see that the US remake and UK original has the same plot,  follow the lives of four female friends and their involvement in an array of illicit and complex relationships.

So this is Han Ga in`s return drama. I am curious who are the other three ladies who will join Han Ga In in this series.

January 5 2018

Han Ga-In is cast in OCN remake drama series “Mistress”

Han-Ga-In-p0222.jpg

Han Ga-In is cast in upcoming OCN remake drama series “Mistress.” The drama series is a remake of BBC television series “Mistresses.” For the OCN drama series version, Han Ga-In will play Se-Yeon. She lives with her daughter after her husband died in an accident. Se-Yeon is the character of Trudi Malloy in the original BBC television series.

“Mistress” will first air April, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/han-ga-in-is-cast-in-ocn-remake-drama-series-mistress

Han Ga In Confirmed To Star In BBC Remake Drama From OCN

han-ga-in.jpg

Actress Han Ga In is returning to the small screen for the first time in six years.

On January 5, a source from OCN stated that Han Ga In would be starring in the upcoming drama “Mistress” (working title). The show is based on the BBC show “Mistresses” and Han Ga In will be playing the role of Trudi, named Se Yeon in the Korean version. Like the BBC character, Se Yeon will be a widow and a single mother, though the Korean remake will make her husband’s death a mystery.

Han Ga In’s last TV project was the highly rated drama “The Moon Embracing the Sun.”

BBC’s “Mistresses” began airing in 2008 and tells the story of four women in their 30s and their complex network of relationships. There has also been a U.S. remake of the show.

OCN’s “Mistress” will be directed by Han Ji Seung, who has directed “Alone in Love,” and written by Go Jung Woon and Kim Jin Wook. It is slated to air sometime in April.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/05/han-ga-confirmed-star-bbc-remake-drama-ocn/

4 hours ago, larus said:

For the OCN drama series version, Han Ga-In will play Se-Yeon. She lives with her daughter after her husband died in an accident. Se-Yeon is the character of Trudi Malloy in the original BBC television series.

I was wondering what character Han Ga In will play. I am not surprised that the Korean version will be around Trudi Malloy/ April Malloy character. She was the only one (in the first season anyway) that was not really a mistress. The other three friends are direct responsable for their choices (affaires) but Trudi/ April was wronged by her husband.

Seeing just a little from the US version, April was the most beautiful but she was my least favorite character in the series.

I`ve started to watch US Mistresses after I heard that it will be a Korean remake and I try to imagine how it will be in Kdrama format. Now it is clear. Of course, the good girl is the first lead. People can root for the protagonist now.  :D But I am hoping that the other friends will have their stories and screen time too.

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] OCN's "Mistress" Arriving in April

[ 2018/01/02 | 368 views | 2 Comments | Permalink

photo927126.jpg

OCN is remaking ABC's "Mistresses" and the why all over my face is truly a breathtaking sight. I have not watched the original UK series or the US remake, but one look at its description and genre makes me wonder how it fits into the OCN pool in general. A soap mystery drama about women in sordid and illicit affairs does sound right up Dramaland alley, on the other hand. Just not OCN.

Don't get me wrong here, I love me more series about women, and OCN in particular is so man centric that it feels very tiring at times, but a soap opera about affairs doesn't seem like their usual premise. It does seem fitting for PD Han Ji-seung of "Sensible Love", however. As flawed as the series was, the production value was on point. I can't find much on writer Kim Jin-wook-I, and writer Ko Jeong-woon has done collaborative work so far, but they can all hopefully do well.

read more https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-ocn-s-mistress-arriving-in-april-113978.html

@larus I knew you're gonna like this.  Women is at the center of the story.  Oh and it's coming from OCN too no less.  Of course their dramas are male centric. The last drama I watch which features marriage and friendship of 3 women was a jdrama (caution, hazardous wife) last year which I enjoyed. She would be the main lead  for the drama?  Got anybody in mind for other cast? Planning to check this.  Thanks for the thread.

30 minutes ago, jongski said:

I knew you're gonna like this.  Women is at the center of the story.  Oh and it's coming from OCN too no less.  Of course their dramas are male centric. The last drama I watch which features marriage and friendship of 3 women was a jdrama (caution, hazardous wife) last year which I enjoyed. She would be the main lead  for the drama?  Got anybody in mind for other cast?

Hi, chingu. Nice to see you here as well. I was interested in this drama because it is a female centric drama and because it is OCN. We have bromance everywhere in kdramas but women being friends we see much less. 

I don`t know how the Korean version will be but let`s hope it is enjoyable.  About the cast, so far we have Han Ga In for one of the ladies. She returns to the small screen after 6 years. We have another 3 major female roles. There are a lot of actresses in their 30s who wants to work. I am curious who are the others. :D

We know Kdrama format... I think Han Ga in is the lead and the others will be supporting but I still hope all the women will have an important part in the drama. Let see the other cast.

Han Ga In Returns to Acting After 6 Years Break with OCN Remake of BBC Series Mistresses

20180105171600419.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/01/08/han-gi-returns-acting-6-year-break-ocn-remake-bbc-series-mistresses/#more-84955

Actress Han Ga In to make her small-screen comeback in remake of BBC drama 'Mistresses'

By elliefilet   3 days ago   5,997   913   17

han-ga-in.jpg

Actress Han Ga In will be making her small-screen comeback on the upcoming remake of the BBC drama 'Mistresses'!
On January 5, a rep from network station OCN stated, "Han Ga In is starring in the OCN drama 'Mistress' (temporary title)." Han Ga In will be playing the role of Se Yeon, who's based on the character Trudi. In the BBC series, Trudi is a single mother and widow, and it seems Han Ga In will be playing a similar role in the OCN remake. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/01/actress-han-ga-in-to-make-her-small-screen-comeback-in-remake-of-bbc-drama-mistresses

The actress Choi Hee-seo is discussing the appearance in OCN drama 'Mistress'.

1RUG7HJO2H_1.jpg

On October 16, OCN 'Mistress' official said, "It is true that we have proposed the appearance to Choi Hee-seo at present, but nothing has been decided, and we are reviewing it positively."

The role that ChoiHee Seo is currently reviewing is the Sioban from the British version. 

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201801170100123680008807&ServiceDate=20180116

http://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1RUG7HJO2H

January 16 2018

Choi Hee-Seo offered leading role in OCN drama series “Mistress”

Mistress-SMCHS222.jpg

Choi Hee-Seo has been offered leading role in OCN drama series “Mistress” co-starring Han Ga-In. Currently, Choi Hee-Seo is positively considering the offer. Choi Hee-Seo has recently won several “Best New Actress” awards for her performance in 2017 movie “Anarchist from Colony.” If Choi Hee-Seo accepts she will play Jung-Won. Her character works as a successful lawyer and she is married, but she has an affair with a colleague. The drama series is a remake of UK TV series “Mistresses”  and the character of Jung-Won is the equivalent of Siobhan Dillon from the original  TV series.

“Mistress” first airs April, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-hee-seo-offered-leading-role-in-ocn-drama-series-mistress

OMG I was so excited when I read the news about this drama. I love the American version and too bad they cancelled the show but I can't wait for the Korean one. Han Ga In really is the best choice to lead this type of drama.

Look forward for this!

• 3 weeks later...

Casting news

Actress Goo Jae-yi was cast in drama Mistress. Maybe she will play one of the four friends.

2018020801000568100038961.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201802080100056810003896&ServiceDate=20180207

I never saw her in anything. Acording to the article, she was caught drunk driving by police on June last year. I hope she reflected enough to not do that again. Good luck with her new project!

Edit: I checked her filmography. I saw her in drama Last.

• 2 weeks later...

‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase

Mistresses, meanwhile, which was originally produced by Ecosse Films for BBC One, is being remade by CJ E&M-owned production company Studio Dragon for OCN. The soapy mystery drama will launch in April. Local actresses Han Ga-in and Choi Hee-seo are set to star in the show about the love lives of four female friends.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/luther-mistresses-life-on-mars-getting-korean-remakes-bbc-showcase-1202295832/

I didn't watch the us version yet , is it a good serie?

But anyway , I will watch this drama just for Han Ga In . She looks soooo beautiful for a 36 years old woman *o*

I say that but a lot of korean actress look young and beautiful even if they are 70 ^U^

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Mistress, 미스트리스 - Han Ga In, Goo Jae I, Lee Hee Joon - April 2018

Shin Hyun Bin, Choi Hee Seo, And More Confirmed To Join Han Ga In For New OCN Drama

Han-Ga-In-Shin-Hyun-Bin-Choi-Hee-Seo-Goo

Han Ga In, Shin Hyun Bin, Choi Hee Seo, and Goo Jae Yi have been confirmed as the leads of OCN’s upcoming drama “Mistress” (working title).

“Mistress” is a mystery thriller based on the BBC show “Mistresses.” It will tell the story of four women — an ordinary cafe owner, psychiatrist, teacher, and law firm secretary — with secrets, their complicated relationships with men, and their psychological anxiety after getting embroiled in a series of murders.

“Mistress” will mark Han Ga In’s return to TV screens for the first time in six years. She will be playing the role of Jang Se Yeon, a woman living with her daughter as a widow and single mom after her husband died in an accident two years ago. Ever since she started getting phone calls from an anonymous caller, strange things have been happening around her.

Shin Hyun Bin will portray a psychiatrist named Kim Eun Soo. After the passing of her boyfriend, she meets a patient named Sun Ho who happens to be the son of her ex-boyfriend and can read her thoughts. After Sun Ho begans to suspect her, she begins to feel anxious.

Choi Hee Seo will appear as Han Jung Won, a high school teacher and the wife of a famous chef. Despite her dream of a perfect family, she becomes stressed with pregnancy issues. After making a mistake one night, she becomes fearful.

Goo Jae Yi will portray Do Hwa Young, a secretary at a law firm who lives to fulfill her ambitions. One day, the wife of an ex-boyfriend comes to the law firm as a client and asks for help in finding evidence of her husband’s infidelity.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/05/shin-hyun-bin-choi-hee-seo-confirmed-join-han-ga-new-ocn-drama/

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Hee-joon, Park Byung-eun, Oh Jung-se, Ji Il-joo join OCN’s Mistress

mistresses-ocn.jpg?w=816
Date: March 15, 2018 Author: grumpyahjumma

The Korean drama adaptation of BBC romance thriller “Mistresses” now obtained its main male characters. Lee Hee-joon (The Legend of the Blue Sea), Park Byung-eun (Queen of Mystery 2), Oh Jung-se (Falsify), and Ji Il-joo (Two Cops) join OCN’s Mistressto complete the drama’s line-up.

It was earlier reported that Han Ga-in, Shin Hyun-bin, Choi Hee-seo, and Goo Jae-yi will be the four main leads of the drama remake. The original BBC series focused on the lives of four girlfriends – a cafe owner, psychiatrist, teacher, and law firm secretary – who all face different secrets and complicated relationships.

Lee Hee-joon is set to portray Sung-joon, a complex man who will be associated with Han Ga-in’s character Jang Se-yeon. Park Byung-eun will appear as Hwang Dong-seok, the popular chef-husband of Choi Hee-seo’s character Han Jung-won.

Oh Jung-se’s character name was reportedly Kim Young-dae, while Ji Il-joo will appear as Kwon Min-gyu, but no character profiles were published yet.

Mistress will be directed by PD Han Ji-seung (Valid Love) and is scheduled to follow Children of a Lesser God in April.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/03/15/40417/

Archived