Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

Seduction Chinguuuuuus!!!!!!!!

Here. We. Go. Again.

I admit, the writer having TH and SH break up and get back together like this is tiring. I want TH to be more of a stickler about making SH beg and grovel to get her back, but she is so naive and inexperienced when it comes to love and relationships that all of this is simply growing pains and her having to go through it to learn. 

As far as the parents. It is simple. SH's father married his mother because that is what was expected of him. He was already in love with TH's mother, but from the conversation that his mother had in earlier episodes, she clearly looked down on TH's mom and would not allow it. TH's mother's mistake was continuing to see him after he got married before. Sometimes, you just have to let people go. Her actions caused her own marriage to fail, her daughter to despise her and these events have eventually led to the current situation with their kids.

I saw a lot of comments about how pititful Se Joo is in regards to his one-sided love for Soo Ji. I actually do believe he's pitiful but not because of Soo Ji. Eventually his feelings for her will fade. I believe he is pitiful because of how he is being raised. The violence and lack of love is why he has remained in this one-sided mess for so long. We have seen enough of his deeds to know that he is not as messed up as his friends. He's passive aggressive but not cruel.

The most pitiful award definitely goes to Soo Ji. She has manipulated everyone and now that the colossal poop is hitting the fan she is turning the blame on everyone else. If I am not wrong, the bet was HER idea. SH did not really seem to care that their parents were getting married. He didn't like it, but in the end, he knows that is not his biological dad, so who cares. His ire with his dad is about his mom and how she never received his love and eventually died. Now, Soo Ji knows about SH's dad and TH's father, as well as the fact that he isn't the biological son, but what she knows is minuscule, and she is so ignorantly unaware of that. When she confronted TH and so evilly told her about her mom and SH's dad and how it led to his mom's death, I have never felt more sorry for someone. Soo Ji sincerely believes that she will end up with SH in the end. Why? Because she has convinced herself that he can't be with TH because of what her mom did. And now that she knows he isn't a biological heir, she will use that to claim that he needs her.

But poor little Soo Ji doesn't realize how much her mother has lied to her. No sis, YOU can't be with SH because your mom is the one who informed SH's mother about the affair and who it was and where they were. Your mother is the one who ran into SH's mom and left her there to die. Your mother is also the one, in her haste to leave the scene of the crime ran into TH and almost killed her. And your mother planned all of it, saw it through and thinks she has secured the bag now that SH's father needs the hospital to keep JK afloat. And since Soo Ji is so determined to cosplay her mother's mistakes, once again, her mother is about to lose because she doesn't realize just how much he loves TH's mother. She doesn't realize that he is about to go blind and will probably disappear when that happens. She also doesn't realize that he is willing to allow their kids to get married if need be. They are both just so unaware of what they need to be aware of. Not to mention, the grandmother, who is the real power player, we don't know what she knows. Keep you seat belt fastened, it is about to get real bumpy.

• Like 12

@Pikachu92

i think the writer kept the bet for the forth break up haha :D

i think the writer has potential as I said before I like how she writes the love scenes... I hope the writer nim improve for her future projects.

• Like 3

I don't think Soo Ji is pitiful because her feelings right now due to everything, is the cause of her own actions. She's literally causing her own pain. Just like her mom, she's manipulative for her own selfish reasons. The mom obviously loves SH's dad but also wants the company..hence the marriage. Obviously, she manipulated SH's dad to believe that SH's mom is the one who caused the accident, when she didn't. While Soo Ji, using Se Joo and Si Hyun to beneifit herself with the bet she had put in motion. To hurt KY...who is not hurt at all bc his appearance is just that of an annoying but very rare appearance...so it made no sense since the writer didn't even show him enough to be affected by their bet.

Se Joo was better when he remained neutral. Being there for Soo Ji like always yet understanding SH. Now he's willing to hurt SH for Soo Ji's benefit. You're only hurting yourself boy. 

4 episodes left everyone, yet we're left with this mess of episodes still. I hope the writer doesn't attempt another "serious" drama like this again if they plan on writing again because they suck. It's like drama within a drama with never ending issues. No way, we'll have a good smooth ending.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I just can't with the number of break ups and get togethers in one show. It's whittled down to only watching scenes with SeJoo in them... I'm interested in what was said in the bar scene with SeJoo and SH. Which way is SeJoo's story going to go? I hope it ain't the tragic one! I still haven't figured what the writer wants to do with him and his complex-family-not-shown-v-often. Is his mum going to wake up? 

If I were to make guesses, and no tragic death happens - I will still predict at least one more car of doom in the show. Maybe SJ will be the one to actually lose something she loved that didn't involve her ploys - her ability to play the cello.  And with the number of times its mentioned, I'm sure SJ's going abroad at the end of the show, SeJoo will maybe follow her, and then SH and TH will have their happy ending. SH's dad will lose his sight, and his ambitions / spot in the company. SJ's mum will go to jail I hope (dangerous drug / knocked down TH/SH's mum). TH's mum... I'm not sure what I want for her....

• Like 6

I wish Wo Do Hwan and Park So Young can meet again in the same drama with good writer and good plot. 

• Like 15

I loved the campus date here.

i am not quite sure but I think TH was looking at the exchange  student program or something like that because SH told her that this is for going abroad and she nodded. Can it be Th transfer schools or become exchange student in Germany for a year and SH has to wait for Th to come to him eventually? 

Also TH dad is coming back to Korea and I think Th told her dad that she will stay with him then does it mean she will move out from SH house?

i just hope SH don’t die at the end, at this point I think won’t surprise us if writer uses the cliche storylines like time jump or SH losing his memory etc 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I found something funny. So i watched the newest behind the scenes cut on naver and the comments were saying "please show us 60 mins of making clips only" comments, and the best one was saying if you just watch the making clips it's a healing drama haha

also, the number of breakups honestly remind me so much of what happens in daily dramas! I remember watching The Rose of Sharon has bloomed and the girl was so wishy washy and they broke up weekly, but at least that was a 50 ep, 5-day-a-week drama

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

2 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I wish Wo Do Hwan and Park So Young can meet again in the same drama with good writer and good plot. 

That is kind of rare to happen I think but I hope at least they get beat couple or best kiss award at the end of the year

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, biancapot said:

Same here, this has began stressing me out and since it's late at night after this drama is done i end up staring at the ceilling trying to process what just happened. Also, i just wanted to say you have the best gifs and images hahaha. They make me laugh so much with their accuracy at portraying our emotions

haha I am glad I am helping you laugh and relax.

giphy.gif

This drama has given be a big headache and a huge heartache so many times. I think my blood pressure needs to be checked out.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

I just can't with the number of break ups and get togethers in one show. It's whittled down to only watching scenes with SeJoo in them... I'm interested in what was said in the bar scene with SeJoo and SH. Which way is SeJoo's story going to go? I hope it ain't the tragic one! I still haven't figured what the writer wants to do with him and his complex-family-not-shown-v-often. Is his mum going to wake up? 

If I were to make guesses, and no tragic death happens - I will still predict at least one more car of doom in the show. Maybe SJ will be the one to actually lose something she loved that didn't involve her ploys - her ability to play the cello.  And with the number of times its mentioned, I'm sure SJ's going abroad at the end of the show, SeJoo will maybe follow her, and then SH and TH will have their happy ending. SH's dad will lose his sight, and his ambitions / spot in the company. SJ's mum will go to jail I hope (dangerous drug / knocked down TH/SH's mum). TH's mum... I'm not sure what I want for her....

haha, if we had taken bets i think we would not have forseen so many break up.

someone on twitter made an observation is that every tuesday we will get a break up.

we have gotten three consecutive breakups on tuesday. gosh.

giphy.gif

oh please give us a happy ending. I really dont care anymore about Se Joo and SJ to be honest. I find Se Joo has already become completely blinded and loyal to her to not see her faults.

5 minutes ago, ParvinStar said:

I loved the campus date here.

i am not quite sure but I think TH was looking at the exchange  student program or something like that because SH told her that this is for going abroad and she nodded. Can it be Th transfer schools or become exchange student in Germany for a year and SH has to wait for Th to come to him eventually? 

Also TH dad is coming back to Korea and I think Th told her dad that she will stay with him then does it mean she will move out from SH house?

i just hope SH don’t die at the end, at this point I think won’t surprise us if writer uses the cliche storylines like time jump or SH losing his memory etc 

actually i like that idea. Like after everything is done, TH or SH find each other again.

I really dont want a death, please no.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, biancapot said:

I found something funny. So i watched the newest behind the scenes cut on naver and the comments were saying "please show us 60 mins of making clips only" comments, and the best one was saying if you just watch the making clips it's a healing drama haha

Lol. Id watch it for sure!! Just replace the actual eps with joy and dohwan bts (especially bts kiss scene :tongue: ), im sure the rating would go higher :D

Honestly I'm still watching this drama only because of those two but sigh. .idk anymore about the plot and story. The writer seriously need to reflect. .take a break or something, they need to learn of basic writing first :huh:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

haha, if we had taken bets i think we would not have forseen so many break up.

someone on twitter made an observation is that every tuesday we will get a break up.

we have gotten three consecutive breakups on tuesday. gosh.

oh please give us a happy ending. I really dont care anymore about Se Joo and SJ to be honest. I find Se Joo has already become completely blinded and loyal to her to not see her faults.

Both boys though, throwing aside friendships for girls they love. I had this vague impression SH said sth really jerky which is what caused SeJoo to pounce on him (can't be sure til subs) - but then moments later both supporting each other against KY (who I really dislike - stop showing up and bringing up SJ, isn't there anything else you can talk about) 

So right that twitter comment! The problem is the story seems to move, but at the same time is stalling... TH is finding out truths a little at a time, and every time it happens, they break up. :mellow: There are too many side stories actually I think too - SH's dad losing eyesight, SH's dad and TH's mum, SH's dad and SJ's mum marriage, HJ and her bf, HJ and KY's "marriage", the hospital and its drug, SJ's mum and the secretary, SeJoo's family / sis in law.... all before the stories of the main 4 leads. How to resolve all in 4 episodes?  KJ has fallen off to the side - is her uses over since SeJoo has effectively ended any potential relationship?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think the writer is outdated lol:lol:, I think the biggest problem in this drama is the age of the actors, the thirty years established in the professional life would have been better, bin, after the story that we have not is not bad, I love Joy myself:blush:, her acting is now good:wub:for the future in this drama, I do not want to make predictions, I'm waiting for subtitles lol

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, ParvinStar said:

@Pikachu92

i think the writer kept the bet for the forth break up haha :D

i think the writer has potential as I said before I like how she writes the love scenes... I hope the writer nim improve for her future projects.

But this is to much, their break up for third times is to much. Why the writer make Tae Hee and Si Hyun look like a fool doing noble idiot. 

The first break up( not break up exactly because they're not dating yet) i tried to understand that because with that problem Si Hyun will realize his real feeling toward Tae Hee. The second break up , i don't understand that. When they're just build their feeling but The writer make him to bad guy who leave her. Why dont make them to talk each other first. So next episode will become Si Hyun beg for Tae Hee? I just hope he's beg to Tae Hee after the first broke up. But they're already had 3 times. I get mad at the writer and director.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

Lol. Id watch it for sure!! Just replace the actual eps with joy and dohwan bts (especially bts kiss scene :tongue: ), im sure the rating would go higher :D

Honestly I'm still watching this drama only because of those two but sigh. .idk anymore about the plot and story. The writer seriously need to reflect. .take a break or something, they need to learn of basic writing first :huh:

I have learnt to just watch and not think.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Both boys though, throwing aside friendships for girls they love. I had this vague impression SH said sth really jerky which is what caused SeJoo to pounce on him (can't be sure til subs) - but then moments later both supporting each other against KY (who I really dislike - stop showing up and bringing up SJ, isn't there anything else you can talk about) 

So right that twitter comment! The problem is the story seems to move, but at the same time is stalling... TH is finding out truths a little at a time, and every time it happens, they break up. :mellow: There are too many side stories actually I think too - SH's dad losing eyesight, SH's dad and TH's mum, SH's dad and SJ's mum marriage, HJ and her bf, HJ and KY's "marriage", the hospital and its drug, SJ's mum and the secretary, SeJoo's family / sis in law.... all before the stories of the main 4 leads. How to resolve all in 4 episodes?  KJ has fallen off to the side - is her uses over since SeJoo has effectively ended any potential relationship?

I am not excusing SH attitude, though I believe he had ever right to be angry at SJ because what she did was despicable. And I admire the loyalty and the love Se Joo has towards SJ. but at the end of the day, I feel disappointed in him regardless. Sometimes loyalty doesnt work that way, especially when you are loyal to the point of blindness.

Yeah i agree i felt that there are ways that the writer could have better dealt with all these different plot matters. but well no use demanding something that is not going to happen.

There were clearly a lot of things the writer use but never really followed through.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

But this is to much, their break up for third times is to much. Why the writer make Tae Hee and Si Hyun look like a fool doing noble idiot. 

The first break up( not break up exactly because they're not dating yet) i tried to understand that because with that problem Si Hyun will realize his real feeling toward Tae Hee. The second break up , i don't understand that. When they're just build their feeling but The writer make him to bad guy who leave her. Why dont make them to talk each other first. So next episode will become Si Hyun beg for Tae Hee? I just hope he's beg to Tae Hee after the first broke up. But they're already had 3 times. I get mad at the writer and director.

I totally agree that this episode break up was not necessary. TH basically did what she admonished SH before, she felt guilty because of what her mother did which has nothing to do with her the same way SH mother supposedly hit and run accident didn’t have anything to do with SH, both met and fell in love without knowing all those so why they have to break up because of what their parents did in the past? Does this show Th also is not really perfect and specially when it comes to her Mother she becomes weak and loses confidence? In the episode she said while looking at the mural painting (to her mother) if only you only kept hurting me and dad... meaning her mother not only hurt her family but also another family and in particular the boy she loves. So I think I can understand her but I hoped would told SH give me time to come to peace with this new revelation or also open up to SH the same way she expects SH opens up to her and tell her his worries so why she doesn’t do the same. Why she instead of breaking up doesn’t talk to SH about how she always hated her mother and how she feels insecure about it? 

On another note, in interviews both cast told that this show is about love at age 20 and how heart fluttering it can get or heartbreaking? So isn’t really realistic of two freshman college students just experiencing love to break up and make up  really easy? I know this type of flow is not typical of a Kdrama, but as I explained before I see a character development by each breaking up and making up session so I don’t have really complaints about it even though it’s funny 

• Like 6

Thanks for your recap @kaoriharang.

It seems I'm the only can't wait for the next week episodes hoho

I understand why some of you feel annoyed with the break up & make up cycles but this time I kind of understand with Tae Hee's feeling right now.

She knows how much Shi Hyun adores & loves his mother. That's why when she persuade Shi Hyun after their 2nd break up, she mention about how precious the necklace that he's giving her & know that he is not intentionally to break up with her. She also said that at least she has her mother to blame her problem but Shi Hyun has none. And now, she discovered that the person who had affair with Shi Hyun's father, which cause Shi Hyun & his mother suffer before this is none but her own mother. She felt guilty guys. 

Let's look at the bright side everyone. Shi Hyun said on today's episode that HE DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS FATHER & TAE HEE'S MOTHER RELATIONSHIP/HISTORY ALL THAT ANYMORE. Before this, he seduces Kyung Jo's mother & being all angry when he Soo Ji said she saw his father met another woman. Why? Because Shi Hyun hatred to his father about his father's love affair which he thinks cause his mother suffering all this time. But now, he told Tae Hee it doesn't matter. To me, this is big step coming from Shi Hyun. He slowly let go of his torturing past & treasuring his present life with Tae Hee.

I can't wait to see how Shi Hyun deal with this "my father & your mother relationship". Before this, Tae Hee is the one who fights for their love when he felt he didn't deserve her. She comforting him, assuring him that the car accident is not his fault. Now, it's Shi Hyun time to fight for their relationship, comforts her & shows her how much he loves her too. Come on writer, show us that at least you can do this part better right? 

Just four episodes left guys! Hang in there, we can get through this. If we can endure Soo Ji' mother, Shi Hyun's father, JK group, their parents issue blah blah blah so annoying scenes before this so why not for our beloved OTP?

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 3

Honestly though I dont understand sejoo. .in the last convo with SH he said sth like 'if SH come to SJ again he will kill SH' the whole conversation to me is like sejoo blamming SH for SJ's heart breaking. .excuse me?

It's clear that SH only treat SJ like his friend, he cant even kiss her and SJ also reject him. End. SH also already ended their stupid bet but it's SJ herself who cant accept the reality, also because she feel bad for her mom, she ruined her mom wedding and want to marry SH (it's really selfish because she never say anything about their marriage to SH). .so why is SH fault again? Not only that she also ruined SH and TH relationship, it's not her bussiness.

Sejoo is blinded by his love and blamming SH for SJ action and heart breaking is stupid af. SH is not responsible for SJ one sided love at all. And of course SJ, all of her actions are unforgivable. It's sad we expect sejoo to be the smart one and neutral but the reality he is one of the most annoying characters. I cant stand both SJ and sejoo tbh.

• Like 6

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, enzek said:

Thanks for your recap @kaoriharang.

It seems I'm the only can't wait for the next week episodes hoho

I understand why some of you feel annoyed with the break up & make up cycles but this time I kind of understand with Tae Hee's feeling right now.

She knows how much Shi Hyun adores & loves his mother. That's why when she persuade Shi Hyun after their 2nd break up, she mention about how precious the necklace that he's giving her & know that he is not intentionally to break up with her. She also said that at least she has her mother to blame her problem but Shi Hyun has none. And now, she discovered that the person who had affair with Shi Hyun's father, which cause Shi Hyun & his mother suffer before this is none but her own mother. She felt guilty guys. 

Let's look at the bright side everyone. Shi Hyun said on today's episode that HE DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS FATHER & TAE HEE'S MOTHER RELATIONSHIP/HISTORY ALL THAT ANYMORE. Before this, he seduces Kyung Jo's mother & being all angry when he Soo Ji said she saw his father met another woman. Why? Because Shi Hyun hatred to his father about his father's love affair which he thinks cause his mother suffering all this time. But now, he told Tae Hee it doesn't matter. To me, this is big step coming from Shi Hyun. He slowly let go of his torturing past & treasuring his present life with Tae Hee.

I can't wait to see how Shi Hyun deal with this "my father & your mother relationship". Before this, Tae Hee is the one who fights for their love when he felt he didn't deserve her. She comforting him, assuring him that the car accident is not his fault. Now, it's Shi Hyun time to fight for their relationship, comforts her & shows her how much he loves her too. Come on writer, show us that at least you can do this part better right? 

Just four episodes left guys! Hang in there, we can get through this. If we can endure Soo Ji' mother, Shi Hyun's father, JK group, their parents issue blah blah blah so annoying scenes before this so why not for our beloved OTP?

your welcome (:

haha you are right - I am looking forward to next week's episode as well.

I definitely agree, i dont blame TH for what she chose to do. If anything I think if I were in her position I would have done the same thing. She knows just how important SH's mother was to him, she also knows the problems SH has had with his father about the other woman. For her to find out it was none other than her mother that has caused the pain towards his family. I can imagine that guilt and that shame she must have felt as well.

You have a point, SH has somewhat matured I guess. he is able to work past that feeling of wanting to take revenge and slowly is beginning to let go of the past as well. For a long time, SH remained angry and bitter. But right now, with TH he has slowly let go of the past. accept the past for what has happen and is moving on.

I want SJ to find out her mother killed SH's mom. URGH!

I am holding on only for SH and TH. that is why regardless of the number of break ups. I want my happy ending!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

Honestly though I dont understand sejoo. .in the last convo with SH he said sth like 'if SH come to SJ again he will kill SH' the whole conversation to me its like sejoo blamming SH for SJ's heart breaking. .excuse me?

Its clear that for day 1 SH only treat SJ like his friend, he cant even kiss her and SJ also reject him. End. SH also already ended their stupid bet but it's SJ herself who cant accept the reality, also because she feel bad for her mom, she ruined her mom wedding and want to marry SH (it's really selfish because she never say anything about their marriage to SH). .so why its SH fault again? Not only that she also ruined SH and TH relationship, it's not her bussiness.

Sejoo is blinded by his love and blamming SH for SJ action and heart breaking is stupid af. SH is not responsible for SJ one sided love at all. And of course SJ, all of her actions are unforgivable. It's sad we expect sejoo to be the smart one and neutral but the reality he is one of the most annoying characters. I cant stand both SJ and sejoo tbh.

you feel the same way as me right?!

giphy.gif

I too feel the same way as you. That Se Joo is completely blind to SJ and everything that she has done. I just dont understand Se joo anymore. I still pity him, but I am sorry he is currently no longer in my favour.

I agree Se Joo is putting all the blame on SH when (true SH is partially to blame) SJ is also rather much more too blame.

• Like 10