Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

32 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

@stroppyse thank you for translating. can you translating this scene. i'm so curious Si Hyun wish.. 

@kaoriharang did Si Hyun already know about Tae Hee mom, did he know Seol Yong Wo is Tae Hee mom in this episode?

If i am correct, SH wished for TH to forgive him, and that he be punished, alot. But @stroppyse will have a better idea than me. I may be wrong.

It is unclear, I think right now he doesnt know. He only knows her as the person that his father has been seeing. That his mom was on the way to see her when she died. I dont believe he has put the two together yet. If not he would not have openly talked about it with TH.

He told TH that he was on his way to actually meet the woman that his father had been dating.

35 minutes ago, biancapot said:

Yup, i liked that he made it as plain as day. And the ensuing conversation between Sejoo and Sooji discussed it... at least sejoo was reasonable saying how they now know for sure how Shihyun is feeling. It actually reminded me of what Taehee said to Kyungjoo after she realized Sejoo doesn't like her, the one about at least now she knows how they both truly feel and that is that. Sejoo really needs to get a happy ending, he's being very mature and even took the "revelation" of the bet in stride, the other two again didn't have to feel sincerely sorry for him tsk. Poor Sejoo.

Shihyun better remember this (below) when he finds out Taehee's mom is his dad's first love. I won't stand for him giving her a hard time when he knows Taehee and her dad also had a hard time because of her mom and his dad. He better make a secret handshake with her and call her comrade:

I still feel that Se Joo should have said more, as much as I feel sorry that he gets left out and that his unrequited love. I still feel that as a friend he should be doing more rather than just talking and constantly talking to SJ. That is not going to change? if anything SJ just becomes more determine to do what she wants.

I dont think SH will get angry, i mean when all is revealed about the accident how can he blame TH?

it is like if TH didnt blame him for what supposed his mother did to her, how can he blame her for what her mother did..

43 minutes ago, enzek said:

She gonna exploded soon.

And since Soo Ji can drive now, why did i think we gonna get other car accident' scene later that involving Tae Hee, Soo Ji, Shi Hyun & Se Joo huhu.

I think she already exploded when SH told her to stop everything - all of this.

great so we are going to get the car of doom?

giphy.gif

Spoiler

It would be exactly like cruel intentions then, SJ driving to kill TH, and SH dies instead? of that happens. I will kill the writers.

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@kaoriharang, here is a translation of your scene. Your synopsis is mostly right.

Se Joo: What are you talking about? What marriage?
SJ: Not being able to tell you first…fine. Sorry about that. But looking at you right now, I don’t understand. I didn’t understand you taking care of everything to finish it with Tae Hee that day either. Fine. I guess you could have felt some guilt, and I know you wavered some. But you finished it with her! You directly got rid of her with your own words, saying that you were sick of her!
SH: No. That’s not why I broke up with her. I have never once not liked Tae Hee.
SJ: Did you do a pretend break up so that you could find out who Seol Young Wan was from me? Did you use me, Kwon Shi Hyun?
SH: The traffic accident that Tae Hee suffered two years ago. My mom was the one who caused that. The Seol Young Woo that you told me about was the person that my mom was on her way to see when she caused the accident. Tae Hee’s hit and run driver was my mom. That’s why I broke up with her. Because I thought I would go crazy. But do you know what she said to me? She said that rather than her, that it was probably harder on me. Saying that since she was able to meet me, she was okay, she comforted me. Without even knowing why I came on to her, what a piece of trash I am, she said those words to me.
SJ: You, right now, are totally confusing between gratitude, guilt, and affection, all of it. To you, to whom we were the most important, and only cared about blocking our parents marriage, when did you become so strange?! She as just the object of our bet. Why did you go liking her on your own?! More than us…more than me, that she could become more precious, does that make any sense?!
Se Joo: Soo Ji…
SJ: You have to come back now! Why do you keep being like this?! You don’t want it? Just tell me if you don’t want to marry me in order to block our parents’ marriage.
SH: I don’t it. I said I don’t want to. Now, let’s stop it with those bets. Hm? And, let’s stop doing things like this as well. I don’t have the right to do this.
SJ: But you don’t have the right to like her either, do you?
SH: Yes, you’re right. So, I’m going to beg. Until Tae Hee forgives me, even if I’m dead, I’m going to beg.

So, in SH's last two lines of this clip. He's saying that he's in no position to be making their cruel bets and doing their snide celebrations, etc. SJ rejoins by saying that he can't go to TH either. However, SH says that he'll keep begging for TH's forgiveness, not just till he dies, but even after he dies. :) 

THANK YOU CHINGU (:

giphy.gif

That last line was chilling - it was like a foretelling huh? are we really going to get SH dying? great, this is totally going to break my spirits if that happens. please writers, dont make that happen...

Tae-hee : With you, I have always been tolerant...I will treat you with the utmost leniency and tolerance in dealing with you...

Tae-hee : I have never been like this before...My heart will always seek to try to understand you...

Tae-hee : At times, I also find that this side of me is someone whom I am not familiar with...and is very strange...Don't you feel the same way too?

thank you for translating the scene @MinLyn

giphy.gif

I think this sums out TH overall. Even though at times I wish she was harder to SH. But this says it all, she has become someone who is tolerant with SH. She seeks first to understand him before she does anything else. That may be a flaw but also something not many people can do. Sometimes true strength doesnt come from taking revenge or standing up for one self but the strength comes from making the conscious decision to forgive those who may not deserve to be forgiven.

In fact SH and SJ are the totally opposite, they have never bother to understand others, rather they just do what they want, base on how they feel.

This is the big difference between TH and them.

• Like 9

Shihyun wish : 'Please dont make eun tae hee forgive me, please give me a big punishment'

Oh god I want to cry. . . .

What big punishment? I smell a sad ending. .He already suffered since he was kid, please dont kill shi hyun writernim I beg you TT

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

All right guys, if the writer really doesn't know how to resolve everything and really does get shihyun in an accident then I hope it goes like this:

1. Shihyun confesses and of course they should spend time apart for taehee's sake.

2. Shihyun gets into an accident and is hospitalized.

3. While he is in the hospital, taehee finds the diary and reads it realizing he was sincere.

4. Taehee goes to shihyun's bedside and keeps praying that if he wakes up she will forgive him.

5. He wakes up, they end up together.

lol it's so cliche i know. But i feel like this is the most drama-like way for them to get back together considering the number of eps left, unless there's a time skip and they show us how he woos her all over again (since the bet has been revealed taehee has no reason to believe it's fake anymore). I would like that more though, shihyun not getting it easy but not being a noble idiot and leaving her alone.

also, shihyun really is quite immature at the moment... the way he thought she wouldn't want to see him again if she found out about the hit and run "perpetrator" was so similar to my niece and her best friend's conversation. And also the asking for a big punishment and to not be forgiven, sure if you reveal it soon then the sooner you can get your wish then... but you keep on delaying it. I wish we were friends so he could tell me these thoughts and i could knock some sense into him. i guess he has low self-worth and that's making this "i don't deserve love" attitude his default.

• Like 11

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGLSiwYfV-sFqNOtnMWyCimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv1vqo3_Bc-q7vutnVcKYimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2gXrtse9OGndpiNPGO0o

How amazing that moment is when you realize to whom your heart belongs...

Favorite moment without seeing it fully would be the moment I realized that TH was in fact awake and not asleep laying there on that sofa listening to SH's heart and words being softly spoken.  Seeing that tear trickle down her face and knowing just how her heart would be overwhelmed with thankfulness and yet brokenness at the same time... 

Thankful that he not only came for her, carried her on his back warmly all the way home.  Placed her safely and cared for her over and over again even in placing once again a band-aid over a wound that was attached to his memory and heart.  While sharing his honest words that would be and feel like a band-aid for her heart as well...

So many pieces of the puzzle given to us today and yet the sweetest one was watching our OTP realizing just what they meant to one another.  SH understanding that cruel intentions only leave one lost and lonely and TH showed and proved that good and loving intentions lead to oneself being made whole.  That feeling of unconditional love and understanding...  That feeling of ones heart being wrapped up and protected within the safety of her warm and loving arms...

He feels as if he doesn't deserve TH but he can't help himself or control his heart in wanting her...

The next scene...

Shi-hyun drives home and Tae-hee walks up to him....

Shi-hyun : Why (are you waiting her for me)?

Tae-hee : You've come...

They start taking a stroll in the park under the cherry blossom trees...

Shi-hyun : It's pretty cold. Why did you come out to wait for me?

Tae-hee : Because I want to see you quickly...

Tae-hee grabs hold of a tree branch lest it should hit Shi-hyu on his face so that latter thanks her for her thoughtfulness...

Tae-hee :  Do you know that when the wind blows, the flower petals will start falling onto the ground too...

Tae-hee : If you were to use your palms to catch hold of the falling flower petals, it means that your love will come to be realized too...

Shi-hyun : Really? Who has said this?

Tae-hee : My dad has told me so...He has read it somewhere in a book...But the important thing is...you can't just attempt to catch these flower petals but you should hold your hand out like these and wait for the petals to fall onto your palm...

Shi-hyun : This means you shouldn't catch them but rather wait for them to fall down onto your palm...

Tae-hee : Yeah...because love is something which no matter how you try your best to catch hold of it, it is pointless right...Every time during spring, I will see my dad alone on his own as he holds out his hand and waits for the flower petals to fall onto his palm....as he is thinking about my mom and missing her.

Shi-hyun : I wonder who my mom is waiting for then...I try not to care about all these...but occasionally, I will still be curious and will wonder who my biological father is...and whether my mom loves my dad...The mother in my memory...even though she is all alone by herself, she still loves my father all along...so that's why all the more, she feels lonely...

Shi-hyun also sticks out his palm and waits for the fallen flower petals to land onto it.

He says : Seems like this doesn't quite suit me...these flower petals...

Tae-hee then places her hand onto his hand...

Tae-hee : Let's go home together....

Shi-hyun : I really like hearing these words, "Going home"...

Tae-hee : Really right...

Tae-hee : To you, I am your home...

Shi-hyun : Of course..

Tae-hee : To me, you are also my home...really...

Shi-hyun : Really...

Tae-hee : Yeah really...because you are the landlord...

Shi-hyun : Ha...ha...really...

Tae-hee : Let's hurry up and go home now...

Shi-hyun holds out his hand and waits for the flower petals to land onto his palm....

Shi-hyun thinking aloud : Even if there is only today...to be happy for just one day....that will be really great...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, biancapot said:

All right guys, if the writer really doesn't know how to resolve everything and really does get shihyun in an accident then I hope it goes like this:

1. Shihyun confesses and of course they should spend time apart for taehee's sake.

3. While he is in the hospital, taehee finds the diary and reads it realizing he was sincere.

4. Taehee goes to shihyun's bedside and keeps praying that if he wakes up she will forgive him.

lol it's so cliche i know. But i feel like this is the most drama-like way for them to get back together considering the number of eps left, unless there's a time skip and they show us how he woos her all over again (since the bet has been revealed taehee has no reason to believe it's fake anymore). I would like that more though, shihyun not getting it easy but not being a noble idiot and leaving her alone.

Thats good idea too, but i think because the writer already make both of them ask for separate. the first one is Tae Hee and the second one is Si Hyun. I don't think Tae Hee will leave him again, maybe she's gonna mad or anything. that's not mean they will separate again. Tae Hee already recall about the accident she's the one who hold the key . She's probably gonna tell Si Hyun about that, Maybe So Ji will found out about that too, but she will protecting her mom. Definitely So Ji will hurt Tae Hee to get Si Hyun back , the first one She's gonna tell Tae Hee that was her mom who meet Si Hyun dad so Si Hyun mom die, or anythin. Since this is will hurt Tae Hee and make her guilty , i think So Ji will treathing Si Hyun use Tae Hee for protecting her mom or get Si Hyun back to her side. 

• Like 6

New BTS with English subs~ I love these two together~ <3 (Edit: And now I just realized it was posted on the previous page lol, hope you don't mind I post it again ^^v)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

How amazing that moment is when you realize to whom your heart belongs...

Favorite moment without seeing it fully would be the moment I realized that TH was in fact awake and not asleep laying there on that sofa listening to SH's heart and words being softly spoken.  Seeing that tear trickle down her face and knowing just how her heart would be overwhelmed with thankfulness and yet brokenness at the same time... 

Thankful that he not only came for her, carried her on his back warmly all the way home.  Placed her safely and cared for her over and over again even in placing once again a band-aid over a wound that was attached to his memory and heart.  While sharing his honest words that would be and feel like a band-aid for her heart as well...

So many pieces of the puzzle given to us today and yet the sweetest one was watching our OTP realizing just what they meant to one another.  SH understanding that cruel intentions only leave one lost and lonely and TH showed and proved that good and loving intentions lead to oneself being made whole.  That feeling of unconditional love and understanding...  That feeling of ones heart be wrapped up and protected within the safety of her warm and loving arms...

He feels as if he doesn't deserve TH but he can't help himself or control his heart in wanting her...

Beautifully written chingu, as usual. Reading this has really warmed my heart.

giphy.gif

you are right, there are a lot of plot lines but one thing is clear, the deepening of the love between the two. That hug, where both of them were crying. It was both of them comforting one another.

Like you said, wrapped up and protected SH and took him and continued to shower love unto him.

29 minutes ago, biancapot said:

Even if that is cliche, I rather take that than any death.

13 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Thats good idea too, but i think because the writer already make both of them ask for separate. the first one is Tae Hee and the second one is Si Hyun. I don't think Tae Hee will leave him again, maybe she's gonna mad or anything. that's not mean they will separate again. Tae Hee already recall about the accident she's the one who hold the key . She's probably gonna tell Si Hyun about that, Maybe So Ji will found out about that too, but she will protecting her mom. Definitely So Ji will hurt Tae Hee to get Si Hyun back , the first one She's gonna tell Tae Hee that was her mom who meet Si Hyun dad so Si Hyun mom die, or anythin. Since this is will hurt Tae Hee and make her guilty , i think So Ji will treathing Si Hyun use Tae Hee for protecting her mom or get Si Hyun back to her side.

To be honest, having another separation is rather boring overall. I mean we already had TWO breakups - do we honestly need another one?

I mean I feel that the otp has grown stronger as a result of it and we dont need another one? if it does, the writers clearly is running out of some ideas since she kept on going to the same thing over and over again.

I think rather than a separation, like you said chingu, they will be attacked. Mainly the attacks will come from SJ, she will hurt TH in order to get SH back.

• Like 6

Tae-hee celebrates Shi-hyun's birthday and gives him a photo album which she has made herself.

Shi-hyun : What is this?

Tae-hee : It's for you...a present...

Shi-hyun : Wow, there is even a present for me too...

Tae-hee : Yeah, you are acting as if this is your first time, receiving a birthday present from someone and you seem really happy...

Shi-hyun explains : It's because this is the first time I am receiving a present from my girlfriend...

Tae-hee : Open up and take a look...

On the first page of the photo album, Tae-hee has written down "I want to become your greatest joy"..."Your girlfriend..." The two characters she has written down implies her name, "Tae-hee" which means "Greatest joy"...

Shi-hyun : Ah...."The greatest joy"...I really like this...

Tae-hee asks : What does your name Shi-hyun mean?

Shi-hyun explains : Buddha for the sake of enlightening the lives of many beings has transformed into many spiritual forms as he descends on earth...Guess that's the meaning of this...this is what my mom used to tell me...I'm not too sure myself either...

Tae-hee : Oh...this is really meaningful...it's because this world is ever changing so she hopes you won't lose sight of the person you truly are...

Shi-hyun : I'm not too sure...

As he flips through the photo album, he finds pictures of him, of her and photos of them taken together in the photo book.

Tae-hee : I have made this myself..

Shi-hyun : Really?

Tae-hee : Yeah...

Tae-hee tells him : Didn't you say that you can't remember what my smile is like...every now and then, you can take it out and have a look at them...

Shi-hyun : I won't ever forget..."My Greatest Joy's face"...

At home, Shi-hyun takes out the photo album and reads through the message which Tae-hee has written down on the front page of the album "I want to become your greatest joy...."From your girlfriend, Tae-hee"...

Shi-hyun starts taking out his notebook....his diary...as he starts drawing another sketch of his beloved Tae-hee...

Shi-hyun's prologue : Thing that this will be the last time...leaving you for the last time...Do I even deserve to accept this smile of yours? Do I even have the basic right to love you...can I reveal everything to you...I have made up my mind...Please do not let Tae-hee forgive me...Please impose the greatest punishment unto me...

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Video Preview for Ep 23 & 24...

Tae-hee's mom : Let us just remember each other as sinners...This is the punishment that the both of us should accept...

Seems like Shi-hyun's dad has met with an accident...

Soo-ji to Tae-hee : That woman is your mother...Do you even know about this?

Soo-ji : That two years ago, Shi-hyun's mom was on her way to meet your mom and she has met with a car accident....and was killed....

Shi-hyun to Soo-ji : You already knew about this so that's why you have resorted to doing this...You already knew that that person is Tae-hee's mother when you told me about her...

Soo-ji : Yeah....

Shi-hyun : This friendship between us...from this moment onwards, will not exist anymore...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, biancapot said:

also, shihyun really is quite immature at the moment... the way he thought she wouldn't want to see him again if she found out about the hit and run "perpetrator" was so similar to my niece and her best friend's conversation. And also the asking for a big punishment and to not be forgiven, sure if you reveal it soon then the sooner you can get your wish then... but you keep on delaying it. I wish we were friends so he could tell me these thoughts and i could knock some sense into him. i guess he has low self-worth and that's making this "i don't deserve love" attitude his default.

Yeah it does make sense. Thats why I'm afraid after watching today eps because SH write a diary and draw TH after says his wish for 'big punishment'. .it's like a hint that something bad would happen to SH. Idk if that death or coma, something that make SH unable to say anything to TH, then TH would read his diary instead and she would know that SH is actually sincere and really love her. . .oh god thats why this drama is melo sigh. I cant handle this

• Like 5

@Pikachu92, my apologies, but I didn't have time today to do another complete translation, however, I put the gist of the clip underneath, plus a translation of SH's voiceover.

The clip is about the present that TH had given SH previously. In the preface to the album, TH had written that should would like to become a great joy to him, and signed it "your girlfriend Tae Hee", but with her name written in Hanja. Her name Tae Hee means "Great Joy" which is why she wrote it that way. Unfortunately, SH doesn't read Hanja, but that's okay, because TH explained it to him.

Later on, as SH is looking at the present from TH, he starts a new sketchbook. In the preface, he writes:

"To my secret joy, Tae Hee (heart)"

Then in the voiceover, he says:

"I thought that was the last time, that I would be able to leave you. Should I even be able to receive these smiles of yours? If I were to even be able to gain any chance of having the right to love you, I finally decided that I had to reveal everything to you. Please don’t let Tae Hee forgive me. Please give me a very severe punishment."

So, it seems like a conversation with God where SH hates himself and is feeling unworthy of forgiveness or love, though he plans to spend the rest of his life trying to get forgiveness from TH, and perhaps becoming a person who has the right to love TH, independent of whether TH might ever love him back agian. So, having the right to love someone is an interesting concept in that it's an indication if someone feels unworthy, they feel ashamed of loving someone since they shouldn't aspire to so much. Hope that makes sense.

LOL. It might have been faster to write up the translation without my extra verbiage after all. Oh well. Sorry.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@Pikachu92, my apologies, but I didn't have time today to do another complete translation, however, I put the gist of the clip underneath, plus a translation of SH's voiceover.

The clip is about the present that TH had given SH previously. In the preface to the album, TH had written that should would like to become a great joy to him, and signed it "your girlfriend Tae Hee", but with her name written in Hanja. Her name Tae Hee means "Great Joy" which is why she wrote it that way. Unfortunately, SH doesn't read Hanja, but that's okay, because TH explained it to him.

Later on, as SH is looking at the present from TH, he starts a new sketchbook. In the preface, he writes:

"To my secret joy, Tae Hee (heart)"

Then in the voiceover, he says:

"I thought that was the last time, that I would be able to leave you. Should I even be able to receive these smiles of yours? If I were to even be able to gain any chance of having the right to love you, I finally decided that I had to reveal everything to you. Please don’t let Tae Hee forgive me. Please give me a very severe punishment."

So, it seems like a conversation with God where SH hates himself and is feeling unworthy of forgiveness or love, though he plans to spend the rest of his life trying to get forgiveness from TH, and perhaps becoming a person who has the right to love TH, independent of whether TH might ever love him back agian. So, having the right to love someone is an interesting concept in that it's an indication if someone feels unworthy, they feel ashamed of loving someone since they shouldn't aspire to so much. Hope that makes sense.

LOL. It might have been faster to write up the translation without my extra verbiage after all. Oh well. Sorry.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!  REALLY.   @MinLyn You too!!!!

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 6

Man its like he s the one that seduce. :dizzy:

When you find that one girl that makes every part of you life special you know you got something someone you should hold on to.

• Like 5

1. Writing a journal. 

2. Shi Hyun saying: I deserve a punishment 

3. SH saying: I'm going to beg until I die. Even after I die, I'm still going to beg [for forgiveness]. 

I know what all of you are thinking and that you know what I'm thinking... This is so heartbreaking.

BUT we had A LOT of theories that almost NONE of them actually came true on this drama. I hope writer-nim doesn't make this the great tragedy we're all thinking about. 

• Like 6

I just hope that bought SH and TH can have a good ending. No more guilt, sadness and lonelyness. The can surpass their parenta mistakes. And no more death. 

• Like 4

@leeeeeecx Shi Hyun might get into accident or get hit by car instead while protecting Tae Hee from Soo Ji but I don't think he might get alzheimer in this drama. Maybe amnesia? But I really hope he don't get either one of that. Sorry but if that what happen to him, to me it's really lame:confused:

Please writer, no death, amnesia, alzheimer or any disease for the main characters:cry:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

EP22 is now full translated on Kissasian (eng sub)

I think i'm getting tired of this drama, so sad to say this but... I don't know i just don't like this love story. They keep going together, then break up, then back together.. This has no sense to me. He quits her because he feel guilty ? But just after he wants to beg her forgive ? And here they reconcile with a shooting photo as gift. 

Neh. I'm skipping ep 5mn by 5mn because i found it annoying now ><

Am I too rude or some felt this way too ?

• Like 2

I love this drama but i'm getting the feeling that Shi Hyun dies in the end, they are throwing in hints everywhere foreshadowing his death. Please writer give me a happy ending, don't break my heart :(.

• Sad 3