Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

Pre-released clip from tonight's episode

SH meets his father after meeting TH's mom

maybe a translation from @stroppyse or @MinLyn

37 minutes ago, ParvinStar said:

Honestly I think by now TH should have guessed the bet. I mean the way SH broke up with her in front of the trio and the way sooji kept saying SH hurry tell what you want to say... TH is a smart girl so it just takes little effort to connect the dots and guess there was something that trip cooked together to humiliate TH

but even if that is not true, my guess is that SH tells TH about the whole bet thing and asks for forgiveness like he would say I broke up with you because of the bet I had with trio so forgive me 

well, as much as I want TH to be able to read between the lines - I dont think she has seen that side. She may have seen SH pretending to be a bad boy, but she would have to guess SJ's nature as well. Right now I dont think she knows like exactly what these trio does.

Even at the trip, SJ was always putting on a fake front most of the time towards TH. The only time she showed her real face was at the pool and that was more to get TH to back off from SH.

27 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I know her character is smart one, but sometimes someone who smart can blind with love.  She can't thinking with her logic but her heart. I wish they're reconsile and have date again. even thought not in this week episode. nooo tragic ending ... 

We'll see what happen to them tonight. MBC did'nt release pre-episode for tonight right? They're just give us the sweet one or the saddest one. 

here is the pre-released clip chingu :D

I agree, i dont personally think she is blinded by love, but I feel that she has not seen all.

The trio are very good and playing games and pretending so I believe that until TH realises that, she won't figure out the bet.

• Like 4

거짓으로 시작했던 너와 나의 관계.

네가 언젠가 이 모든걸 알게 되면 받게 될 상처.

그 모든 것이 너무 두렵다.

그런 나의 어머니가 너에게 주고 간 또 다른 상처.

내가 준 상처만으로도 벅찰 너인데, 내 어머니까지 너에게 준 또 다른 상처라니,

하늘이 원망스럽다.

이 모든 비밀들은 네가 감당할 수 있을까.

아마 너는 휘청이다 쓰러지겠지.

그래, 너는 아무것도 모른 채 이렇게 끝내버리자.

네가 더 큰 상처를 받을 바에 지금 조금 아프고 그렇게 끝내도록

나는 내 상처보다 네가 받게 될 상처가 더 두려우니까.

네가 나를 미워하게 되는 건 나 혼자 감당할 수 있어.

너는 그냥 나를 네 인생에서 잠깐 스쳤던 나쁜새끼정도로만 기억해줘.

나만 혼자 간직할게.

조금만 참으면 돼. 조금만.

너는 혼자 하는 사랑이 싫다고 했으니까.

내가 너를 사랑하지 않는다고 말하면, 똑똑한 너는 나를 놓을 수 있을거야.

그때처럼 힘들다고 내 손을 놓아버려.

그때처럼 혼자 하는 사랑은 싫다고 나를 밀어내버려.

감당은 나 혼자서 할게.

맘껏 나를 미워해. 그리고 잊어버려. 

이 사랑은 나 혼자서 하면 돼.

Source : dc gall

Translation as shown below...

From Shi-hyun's perspective : This love is for me to bear it alone...

How I became involved with you, it all began with a bet. That moment will come, when you will know the truth, you will end up being hurt. Thinking about all these really scares me.

And my mother, in that situation has inflicted onto you, another wound. Enough is enough. All the hurt I have given you is more than enough for you to bear. Why even she, my mother, has also added onto it.

Dear God, I really hate you so much.

All these secrets that lie inside of me, you won't be able to endure it and they are bound to cause you to fall apart.

Thus, at this time when you still do not know anything about it, let's put an end to this. Before you end up getting even more hurt, let it end with as little pain as possible.

Where I'm concerned, it does not matter to me. Compared to me, I am even more fearful and terrified when I see you being hurt. So even if you were to hate me or blame me for it, it's fine with me too. I can bear it all by myself.

You can think of me as the scoundrel in this passage of your life. I will remember all this myself.

Just bear with it for a little longer, just for a  little while.

You have said that you do not like to be in a one-sided love. So as long as I say that I do not love you, the astute you will also let go. Just like at that time, when you told me that you are tired, and that you want to let go of my hand. Just like the other time, when you have told me that you dislike being in a one-sided love, and thereafter pushing me away.

I can endure all these alone on my own. Please hate me then you can forget about me. This love, is enough for me to bear it all by myself.

P.S. Came across this post on dc and it really struck a chord in my heart so thought I will share it with you guys. Seeing it from Shi-hyun's perspective will enable us to understand him better and to know the pain he is going through too. For as he is saying all the harsh words to Tae-hee, it pains him even more having said them but he feels it's better for him to end it now than later when their relationship has entered into a much deeper and more intense stage. But Shi-hyun, maybe you should learn to trust a little more in Tae-hee, trust in her courage that she will be able to endure all these then seek her forgiveness for the bet you have initially made and for which she is the object of the bet coz if you were to overcome these trying times with her, you will be able to build a much stronger relationship than before and for which nothing will be able to break you apart.
  • Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 3

@MinLyn thank you chinguya for translating that post from DC. Omo. My tears are flowing. It really does break my heart. Shi Hyun did make an idiotic move but you can clearly see from his perspective how much he really does LOVE her. On how much pain he'll endure so that she'll feel less of it. My out otp.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

here is the pre-released clip chingu :D

OOOOOH I'm happy the dad actually brought up Sooji's marriage demand when he talked to Shihyun. This is probably why SH went to SJ and told them to stop.

Shihyun was saying that his dad wants grandma's acknowledgment and that's why he needs all of them. Dad said he didn't want to fight with Shihyun (as in he can't be bothered, not that he feels bad about it), and that they'll end the meeting after he asks a question. Then he asks about Shihyun's future plans regarding Sooji. Shihyun asks why he's asking about Sooji suddenly. Dad tells him about Sooji asking dad to set the marriage ceremony. Shihyun is in shock, dad realizes Shihyun doesn't love Sooji from his reaction. Dad asks if this is a ploy so that Shihyun can keep/secure his place (in the rich chaebol family) Shihyun turns it around saying dad is the one who's trying to keep his position by marrying Miri. Then Shihyun tells him he met TH's mom. Please correct me if I understood wrong! :)

EDIT: Is this the song with the lyric "I see you everywhere" or something like that at the end of ep 20? I loved that song

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Video Preview for Ep 21 & 22

Shi-hyun to Tae-hee's mom  : Kwon Seok-woo is my father. My mother passed away two years ago.

Shi-hyun : It was for no cause or reason...

Shi-hyun : Do you want me to tell you whom I met just now? It's Seol Young-won.

Shi-hyun's dad : You...What have you just done?!

Soo-ji : She(Tae-hee) is only the object of the bet (implying isn't it to hurt her). How can you end up liking her on your own? You should come back to your senses now! Why are you always being like this?

Shi-hyun : I don't want to...(be involved in this bet anymore). Let's just put an end to this bet too. Moreover, I don't have the right to do this.

Soo-ji : But you don't have the right to like her (Tae-hee) either.

Soo-ji's mom : You and Shi-hyun can never be together. Because Shi-hyun is not the biological son of Kwon Seok-woo.

Soo-ji : What did you just say?

Shi-hyun muttering : Let's just bear with this for a little longer. Things will become better soon...For you...and for me too...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

thank you @MinLyn for that post from the viewpoint of SH.

That was just painful to read, even though at times I really can't stand SH for hurting TH. I understand why he did it. I know he is doing it to make sure that TH hates him enough that she will forget that she ever did love him, because once she finds out all, that will break her.

Those thoughts just echo the love that SH actually has for TH. I felt that SH is somewhat a tragic character here. That last part about how he can bear all this pain because of the love that TH has given to him was absolutely beautiful. Painful but beautiful.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, biancapot said:

OOOOOH I'm happy the dad actually brought up Sooji's marriage demand when he talked to Shihyun. This is probably why SH went to SJ and told them to stop.

Shihyun was saying that his dad wants grandma's acknowledgment and that's why he needs all of them. Dad said he didn't want to fight with Shihyun (as in he can't be bothered, not that he feels bad about it), and that they'll end the meeting after he asks a question. Then he asks about Shihyun's future plans regarding Sooji. Shihyun asks why he's asking about Sooji suddenly. Dad tells him about Sooji asking dad to set the marriage ceremony. Shihyun is in shock, dad realizes Shihyun doesn't love Sooji from his reaction. Dad asks if this is a ploy so that Shihyun can keep/secure his place (in the rich chaebol family) Shihyun turns it around saying dad is the one who's trying to keep his position by marrying Miri. Then Shihyun tells him he met TH's mom. Please correct me if I understood wrong! :)

EDIT: Is this the song with the lyric "I see you everywhere" or something like that at the end of ep 20? I loved that song

yes indeed, I am glad that the dad brought up the marriage, and I agree you are right. I think this is why SH went to SJ after and told her to stop everything. No more for him.

I am glad that SH showed rather quickly that he had no feelings towards SJ, at least none that are in the area of romantic love.

The father is just never mind no need to comment. But well at least SH knows a lot more now than he did the last time.

Hopefully he will use it wisely.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ayame said:

New OST is out now~

OMG I love this song, it makes me cry huhuhuhuhuhuhu i'm putting this on my playlist. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

aww but i rather she not forgive him so easily.

Even though the reasons were good - he did humilate her in front of his friends. There should be no forgiveness yet?

But in the picture SH looks sad while TH looked rather happy - a weird contrast. I am going more along with the fact that perhaps it was an imagination?

Plus he didnt seem to noticed TH there which is rather weird. so i am going with imagination.

I also think this is Shi Hyun's imagination from the pic for this scene.

But there's something I wonder about. If this is his imagination what about their kiss scene from the fancam video? It's different scene right? coz the kiss scene was shoot in the daylight while Tae Hee suddenly appear in his imagination is at night as we can see from the still. Anyway can't wait for tonight episode:cry:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, enzek said:

I also think this is Shi Hyun's imagination from the pic for this scene.

But there's something I wonder about. If this is his imagination what about their kiss scene from the fancam video? It's different scene right? coz the kiss scene was shoot in the daylight while Tae Hee suddenly appear in his imagination is at night as we can see from the still. Anyway can't wait for tonight episode:cry:

its a different scene because of the different outfits and it is at a different place.

same I will be doing the recap hopefully i can do well enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MinLyn said:

From Shi-hyun's perspective : This love is for me to bear it alone...

How I became involved with you, it all began with a bet. That moment will come, when you will know the truth, you will end up being hurt. Thinking about all these really scares me.

And my mother, in that situation has inflicted onto you, another wound. Enough is enough. All the hurt I have given you is more than enough for you to bear. Why even she, my mother, has also added onto it.

Dear God, I really hate you so much.

All these secrets that lie inside of me, you won't be able to endure it and they are bound to cause you to fall apart.

Thus, at this time when you still do not know anything about it, let's put an end to this. Before you end up getting even more hurt, let it end with as little pain as possible.

Where I'm concerned, it does not matter to me. Compared to me, I am even more fearful and terrified when I see you being hurt. So even if you were to hate me or blame me for it, it's fine with me too. I can bear it all by myself.

You can think of me as the scoundrel in this passage of your life. I will remember all this myself.

Just bear with it for a little longer, just for a  little while.

You have said that you do not like to be in a one-sided love. So as long as I say that I do not love you, the astute you will also let go. Just like at that time, when you told me that you are tired, and that you want to let go of my hand. Just like the other time, when you have told me that you dislike being in a one-sided love, and thereafter pushing me away.

I can endure all these alone on my own. Please hate me then you can forget about me. This love, is enough for me to bear it all by myself.

Wow thanks for the translation @MinLyn. Do you know who wrote this?

This is so deep, touching, poetic, & sooo beautiful, so beautiful that it hurt:bawling:

• Like 4

I never understood this but... Great Seducer is doing well English and maybe Chinese fans, right? I'm not sure but Knetz don't like it or just don't want to watch it. I'm not talking about all Knetz but the ones who are like that, I don't understand why.

It's just like with Scarlet Heart Ryeo. it became a success but only because it was a huge hit worldwide. English, Canadian, British, Chinese, Japanese, Thai and whoever else. Fact is the show and cast were received by everyone but Knetz. Because the biggest reason they didn't want to watch it because of the idol actors! That was the main reason! Criticizing without even giving it a try! Yet a year later they watch it... and regret choosing Moonlight over SHR. They came to love it.

Why does it have to be like that, why? How many other shows have been like that?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

I never understood this but... Great Seducer is doing well English and maybe Chinese fans, right? I'm not sure but Knetz don't like it or just don't want to watch it. I'm not talking about all Knetz but the ones who are like that, I don't understand why.

It's just like with Scarlet Heart Ryeo. it became a success but only because it was a huge hit worldwide. English, Canadian, British, Chinese, Japanese, Thai and whoever else. Fact is the show and cast were received by everyone but Knetz. Because the biggest reason they didn't want to watch it because of the idol actors! That was the main reason! Criticizing without even giving it a try! Yet a year later they watch it... and regret choosing Moonlight over SHR. They came to love it.

Why does it have to be like that, why? How many other shows have been like that?

I think because the casts are mostly young and new. Woo do hwan is new rising actor, this is the first time he plyaing lead, joy is new idol actor, I never know moon gae young before this drama tbh. .I already know kim min jae but he mostly just supporting actor than the lead so a lot of people dont know him too

And the pilot episode is important. Honestly ep

• Like 3

START EP 21-22!

giphy.gif

we continue from the last scene, SH brings TH back home. - As he piggyback TH back to the house, he kept on apologising to her.

he could get in because the house passcode hasnt changed. (its his number) TH reached out and grabbed SH's hand but SH pushed her hand off.

SJ-Se Joo scene.

So there was a clearer shot of who ran over TH and it is SJ's mom's car.

Da5orC0U8AEyoav.jpg

Da5orC3VQAAkKf3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Th wakes up, she realises SH came and brought her home last night.

TH chased after SH and stood in front of his car - (we had the fancam from the filming)

I am not sure what happen but SH and TH started crying and sobbing and they hugged? (did they make up already?)

I don't understand how they made up so fast..... This does not make sense at all.

giphy.gif

SH apologises to TH, (not sure what for - maybe for the breakup? or maybe even for the accident...)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

TH chased after SH and stood in front of his car - (we had the fancam from the filming)

I am not sure what happen but SH and TH started crying and sobbing and they hugged? (did they make up already?)

I don't understand how they made up so fast..... This does not make sense at all.

I saw it too and wanted to cry :( then when they were talking about the first love of his dad he said he wanted to make her suffer and taehee didn't actually disapprove. It was more "I hope you don't do it because I think you'd suffer and not find peace if you did" :o I wonder if the writer is trying to backtrack and erase the separations because she knows the ratings were higher when the scenes were happy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, biancapot said:

OMG they got back together again so fast this scares me

4 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Omg writer nim... I guess they are just setting up for another fullblown breakup when the bet gets revealed...???

• Like 2