Quantcast
Jump to content
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

Recommended Posts

Guest

@kaoriharang  I have always felt that SH's Mom was innocent of hitting TH because she seemed too kind to be able to just move on after that, but I also always think outside the box and sometimes I come out empty handed.  Still I think that there are so many unanswered questions about this drama that drive me crazy.  Like who gave the couple necklace to SH's Mom that must have been cherished before SH got it.  I don't believe it came from SW or he would at least still have half of it maybe tucked in some drawer.  We now know for sure that TH is the daughter of both her parents which I questioned for a while.  But we still don't know who SH's father is???  This mystery man is killing me and for just a moment I wondered if it had anything to do with Soo Ji's Dad?  Now wouldn't that be interesting if Soo Ji  and SH were truly brother and sister by blood. 

There could be no marriage what a perfect ending for Soo JI LOL:lol:

 

My other thought was what if the test results about SH's birth were tampered with and he is really the son of SW? 

 

What great secret is MR trying to hide that's another question on my mind?

  

3 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

I think it happen in same time, there're a scene when So Ji mom at Care House recalling what happen that night, its look like she's worried about something before hit Si Hyun mom car. 

In my opinion, she's hit Tae Hee first then she hit Si Hyun mom car. But why So Ji mom said that is not fully her fault?

 

 

Yes, I believe you're right that something happened that frightened MR she was looking back which made me believe she had hit TH and you could tell she was upset then we see her hit SH's Mom.  Also we know that SH's Mom was headed to meet TH's Mom so the accidents for sure were not only the same night they were not far from one another.   But here is something else she took care of SH's Mom in the hospital and acted like it was a burden somehow giving me the feeling that she didn't like SH's Mom.  Was it because MR was in love with SW?  Also why was MR even in that area which seemed like so out in the country for someone like her on that same night?

 

Still wondering about Se Joo's Mom as well other than sharing the idea of him having a hard life is her being in the hospital another piece of the puzzle??

 

I JUST DON"T KNOW:wacko:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

the only thing that is giving me some sort of comfort is that SH is very much in pain. Whenever he sees TH he feels like crying, he probably wants to hold her and tell her he is sorry.

That last scene was painful for both TH and SH. I think the fact that TH was crying in front of him, telling him not to go, that she is sorry - you can tell it was eating him alive because she looks so sad and vulnerable.

 

I just want SJ to realise that she doesnt have control over anything. She has really lost SH like he is gone. He is just a walking empty shell.

 

SJ is a train wreck that is waiting to happen.

 

hhhhhhh you're really mad at him aren't you?!! :lol: well he's wrong big time but still he feels forced to leave her thinking it's better for her, WRONG but who would get him to see that?!! and he's in pain feeling guilty over his mother's "action" and still to face Tae Hee anger when she finds out of the bet so I feel bad for him over everything from now on you can say!! hhhhhh

 

yeah it was!! he wants her to leave him and be in less pain but it's not working and both of them are in pain and blaming herself for their break up is the last thing he wished for her to feel!!

 

you think Soo Ji actally care that Shi Hyun turned into a "walking empty shell"?!! if she she did she would've felt bad for him and tried to help him or at the very least let him and Tae Hee be but NO she can't and she felt bad for herself and still planning how to get him and be hers even if as an empty shell!! urgh

 

I'm waiting for her to shatter though!!

 

about the hit and run accident, maybe I'm the only one here but I always found it not that much of a mystery since we knew Tae Hee and her mother were victims as well, Shi Hyun's mother is too kind to commit such a heartless and irresponsable act and run away and we know who's the most unstable person around here aside from Soo Ji and that is her mother for sure so with no much investigation she's the one behind all this mess but why Shi Hyun's father and grandmother covered for it is the mystery!! did they do it for their partnership, for their group being in connection with her hospital and her falling over that incident means harm for their group?!! whatever reason it is they are not humans as they never was before to me!! <_<:rolleyes: and the secretery better not step in that circle too!! <_<

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTchDUbD40-RahOifW-Z3tumblr_p6v1scqZLD1u1fc83o3_r1_540.gif30077370_566278507089922_712722180361682      I BELIEVE....:heart:

@sakura2016  Loved your post as always and couldn't help but smile thank you!  For when thinking about all the talk lately about low ratings or the abilities of acting I'm thankful to come here!!!  When I read here I think success is in the hearts and minds of those who are truly watching and are able to allow themselves to be moved by this drama...

 

  Able to invest their time and thoughts to me that is success if it's job is to entertain than believe me that's happening!!!  To be honest my first worry in even starting this drama was in thinking it was just a remake filled with young talent.  Yet I quickly realized that there was more here than what I could have ever imagined.  That these young actors would in fact move me in such a way that I am always left wanting more...

 

Whether it's the overnight coziness of love or the breakup scene of heartbreak & sorrow.  Or watching TH getting drunk and seeing SH come for her in the middle of the night.   Even later him pulling her on and carrying her on his back. Dang that was such a sight!!!

Her wanting and needing to be as close as she possibly could.   Snuggling against his neck with tears in her eyes breathing all of him in and JOY making me believe she just longed to be wrapped within him... Forever inside...

 

I can still hear her whispers of heartfelt desperation " Don't Go... Don't Go "

 

If one believes acting is about turning oneself into a character and making people believe what they see...

 

Than all I can say is...  I Believe...  I Believe... I Believe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

@kaoriharang  I have always felt that SH's Mom was innocent of hitting TH because she seemed too kind to be able to just move on after that, but I also always think outside the box and sometimes I come out empty handed.  Still I think that there are so many unanswered questions about this drama that drive me crazy.  Like who gave the couple necklace to SH's Mom that must have been cherished before SH got it.  I don't believe it came from SW or he would at least still have half of it maybe tucked in some drawer.  We now know for sure that TH is the daughter of both her parents which I questioned for a while.  But we still don't know who SH's father is???  This mystery man is killing me and for just a moment I wondered if it had anything to do with Soo Ji's Dad?  Now wouldn't that be interesting if Soo Ji  and SH were truly brother and sister by blood. 

There could be no marriage what a perfect ending for Soo JI LOL:lol:

 

My other thought was what if the test results about SH's birth were tampered with and he is really the son of SW? 

 

What great secret is MR trying to hide that's another question on my mind?

  

 

Yes, I believe you're right that something happened that frightened MR she was looking back which made me believe she had hit TH and you could tell she was upset then we see her hit SH's Mom.  Also we know that SH's Mom was headed to meet TH's Mom so the accidents for sure were not only the same night they were not far from one another.   But here is something else she took care of SH's Mom in the hospital and acted like it was a burden somehow giving me the feeling that she didn't like SH's Mom.  Was it because MR was in love with SW?  Also why was MR even in that area which seemed like so out in the country for someone like her on that same night?

 

Still wondering about Se Joo's Mom as well other than sharing the idea of him having a hard life is her being in the hospital another piece of the puzzle??

 

I JUST DON"T KNOW:wacko:

 

 

Yup agreed, it is rather clear that SH's mother is not the perpetrator for sure. The sad thing is that SH believes so which has cause him to break up with her.

 

About the necklace, it could be a simple reason. SH's mom bought it with the intention to eventually give it to SH and his future wife?

 

hah well if that were that case that would be awesome - if they turn out to be related. But about the DNA result - I dont believe it is in SH's mother nature to have an affair? I mean unless she has a relationship with someone before the marriage? She doesnt seem like the cheating type. I still have my doubts about the DNA test.

 

For all you know maybe the father is trying to do something. Remember when the grandma told him to train SH to be his successor. the grandmother has been holding SH's father accountable all these time for the death of SH's mom, aunt and uncle. So SH's father has been in the hot seat for a long time, maybe it is his way of trying to retain power? (to be honest this who drama is utterly confusing to me)

 

Clearly there was something that happen with SJ's mom, if not why go through the trouble of the cover up? She isnt someone who has great power or anything - rather it was JH Group that initiated the cover up, so what exactly is the reason for the cover up.

 

Clearly the writer has yet to answer all these questions - my only hope, that it isnt a rushed ending. The writer can start answering each question soon, like next episode.

 

But I am with you -

 

giphy.gif

 

about your other post, thank you for such beautiful words - as much as the negativism and the hate is out there. It is nice to know that the thread and people here arent like that.

 

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

 

hhhhhhh you're really mad at him aren't you?!! :lol: well he's wrong big time but still he feels forced to leave her thinking it's better for her, WRONG but who would get him to see that?!! and he's in pain feeling guilty over his mother's "action" and still to face Tae Hee anger when she finds out of the bet so I feel bad for him over everything from now on you can say!! hhhhhh

 

yeah it was!! he wants her to leave him and be in less pain but it's not working and both of them are in pain and blaming herself for their break up is the last thing he wished for her to feel!!

 

you think Soo Ji actally care that Shi Hyun turned into a "walking empty shell"?!! if she she did she would've felt bad for him and tried to help him or at the very least let him and Tae Hee be but NO she can't and she felt bad for herself and still planning how to get him and be hers even if as an empty shell!! urgh

 

I'm waiting for her to shatter though!!

 

about the hit and run accident, maybe I'm the only one here but I always found it not that much of a mystery since we knew Tae Hee and her mother were victims as well, Shi Hyun's mother is too kind to commit such a heartless and irresponsable act and run away and we know who's the most unstable person around here aside from Soo Ji and that is her mother for sure so with no much investigation she's the one behind all this mess but why Shi Hyun's father and grandmother covered for it is the mystery!! did they do it for their partnership, for their group being in connection with her hospital and her falling over that incident means harm for their group?!! whatever reason it is they are not humans as they never was before to me!! <_<:rolleyes: and the secretery better not step in that circle too!! <_<

 

 

hmmm I dont hate him, I understand why he did it. That doesnt mean I approve of it.

I don't believe that he should have not told her the reason. He may think he is sparing TH more pain, but if anything the pain he has inflicted on her has just become more and more as days go by.

 

I think SJ doesnt care frankly. It was clear that even after she discovered SH's heart didnt belong to her. She got up, thought of a new plan to destroy TH and her mother. She is not doing this just to keep SH, she is doing this to satisfy her own anger as well towards an innocent girl.

 

oh yeah - I want her to really break. And for once, I would love it Se Joo or SH doesnt justifies her reason or protect her. She is the way she is because of them as well.

 

Agreed, I believe it was rather obvious that it is not in SH's mother nature to do so. But I have to say I am confuse about the order of events, and how it all happen. Like you said, why the need for the cover up? Something must have happen.

 

Maybe the grandmother is trying to cover up the possible affair SH's father had with TH's mother. Afterall, SH's mother was driving up to meet TH's mother - clearly there is a connection there.

So instead, they cover up the accident-death with the hit in run.

They basically framed a dead woman didnt they?

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wahhhhh It's a sihyuntae's constellation couple necklaces ! :o it has a constellation birthstone in it. I want it ! :lol::lol:

 

 

  • Like 14
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@USAFarmgirl thank you chingu and same to you!! :heart: and I believe too!! :D the moments you mentioned....:heart: we can see Shi Hyun's love and struggle to keep himself from Tae Hee but he's breaking inside and seeing her in pain break him even more and Tae Hee embracing him and breathing him....no words for that!!:heart:

 

I won't say I don't have some takes on the drama or I didn't wish for things to be different in some ways but still I'm enjoying the drama so far and interested to see how things will get unfold and solved eventually!! and yeah I want my happy ending for our OTP and Se Joo or I'll hunt the writer!! :lol::naughty:

 

37 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm I dont hate him, I understand why he did it. That doesnt mean I approve of it.

I don't believe that he should have not told her the reason. He may think he is sparing TH more pain, but if anything the pain he has inflicted on her has just become more and more as days go by.

 

I think SJ doesnt care frankly. It was clear that even after she discovered SH's heart didnt belong to her. She got up, thought of a new plan to destroy TH and her mother. She is not doing this just to keep SH, she is doing this to satisfy her own anger as well towards an innocent girl.

 

oh yeah - I want her to really break. And for once, I would love it Se Joo or SH doesnt justifies her reason or protect her. She is the way she is because of them as well.

 

Agreed, I believe it was rather obvious that it is not in SH's mother nature to do so. But I have to say I am confuse about the order of events, and how it all happen. Like you said, why the need for the cover up? Something must have happen.

 

Maybe the grandmother is trying to cover up the possible affair SH's father had with TH's mother. Afterall, SH's mother was driving up to meet TH's mother - clearly there is a connection there.

So instead, they cover up the accident-death with the hit in run.

They basically framed a dead woman didnt they?

 

 

well we agree on that then!! and really lies doesn't bring less pain and he should learn that!! hope he'll realise it soon though!!

 

Soo Ji only care about her needs, feelings and pride as if others don't have any and don't deserve to be happy or loved if she's not and that includes her own supposedly friends!! she may have cared about them at 1st but she lost that the more she got consumed by her own needs!! sigh :rolleyes:

 

I really hope so and I think we will!! we're starting to see both boys changing and acting (even if with baby steps) against her wishes and plans which is a good promising start!!...well they are the way they are because of their parents and each other!!

 

that's a possible senario!! they can't risk his secret affair to be outed or the scandal will burry them and it can explain why the grandmother told him he's the cause of Shi Hyun's mother's death!! and yes they framed a dead woman but I'm not surprised when their entire life is only centered over their group with no single human emotion and don't consider that jerk's love for Tae Hee's mother an emotion because it's of no use or worth to me or to anyone!!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, booo28 said:

wahhhhh It's a sihyuntae's constellation couple necklaces ! :o it has a constellation birthstone in it. I want it ! :lol::lol:

 

Wow, thanks for sharing.

 

giphy.gif

 

constellation huh, so it ties in with that scene on the rooftop with SH and TH talking. The only thing is that if it is the mother's necklace. was it SH's birth stone or the mother's birthstone?

 

it is really pretty.

 

 

59 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

@USAFarmgirl thank you chingu and same to you!! :heart: and I believe too!! :D the moments you mentioned....:heart: we can see Shi Hyun's love and struggle to keep himself from Tae Hee but he's breaking inside and seeing her in pain break him even more and Tae Hee embracing him and breathing him....no words for that!!:heart:

 

I won't say I don't have some takes on the drama or I didn't wish for things to be different in some ways but still I'm enjoying the drama so far and interested to see how things will get unfold and solved eventually!! and yeah I want my happy ending for our OTP and Se Joo or I'll hunt the writer!! :lol::naughty:

 

 

well we agree on that then!! and really lies doesn't bring less pain and he should learn that!! hope he'll realise it soon though!!

 

Soo Ji only care about her needs, feelings and pride as if others don't have any and don't deserve to be happy or loved if she's not and that includes her own supposedly friends!! she may have cared about them at 1st but she lost that the more she got consumed by her own needs!! sigh :rolleyes:

 

I really hope so and I think we will!! we're starting to see both boys changing and acting (even if with baby steps) against her wishes and plans which is a good promising start!!...well they are the way they are because of their parents and each other!!

 

that's a possible senario!! they can't risk his secret affair to be outed or the scandal will burry them and it can explain why the grandmother told him he's the cause of Shi Hyun's mother's death!! and yes they framed a dead woman but I'm not surprised when their entire life is only centered over their group with no single human emotion and don't consider that jerk's love for Tae Hee's mother an emotion because it's of no use or worth to me or to anyone!!

 

 

 

I am trying to be as open minded as I get towards the ending. I know that if I keep wishing for a happy ending I may not get what I want. Seeing as how the other counterparts have not ended in a happy way. But I pray the writers gives us something nice. I think dont SH should die, he is wayyy too tortured enough to have death fall upon him as well.

 

Well i think the more we get into the story - the more we see the true nature of SJ's character.

 

I am still sceptical about Se Joo at times, sometimes I worry that his feelings and loyalty he has towards SJ will be his end. He can single handedly destroy TH and SH's relationship as well. With the right button perhaps he would.

 

Exactly, I get how sometimes you dont say something to protect the other person. I understand that concept the whole noble idiocy. But I feel it is not SH's call to make. He doesnt know what the consequences will be like if he did tell the truth.

Sometimes withholding can be more painful, TH is in more pain because she doesnt know why. If she knew the reason for the breakup maybe should could make a clean break and move on. But she has no clue, which is why it is eating her alive.

 

At times very much like SH, his father shows his vulnerable side with TH's mom. I dont question his feelings towards her, it is love. But his love and his selfishness at the time killed his wife and his brother and sister in law. There is a time to be selfish, but clearly he chose to be selfish at the worst time possible. I believe SH and his father's relationship was never good from the start, and that is on the father. You may not have loved your wife, but come on SH was a child yet I dont think he ever felt his father's love.

 

The same way SH's father shows his real side with TH's mom. SH does the same with TH. how ironic.

 

well, when you hold onto that much power and influence, it is not an easy task to let go.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I am trying to be as open minded as I get towards the ending. I know that if I keep wishing for a happy ending I may not get what I want. Seeing as how the other counterparts have not ended in a happy way. But I pray the writers gives us something nice. I think dont SH should die, he is wayyy too tortured enough to have death fall upon him as well.

 

Well i think the more we get into the story - the more we see the true nature of SJ's character.

 

I am still sceptical about Se Joo at times, sometimes I worry that his feelings and loyalty he has towards SJ will be his end. He can single handedly destroy TH and SH's relationship as well. With the right button perhaps he would.

 

Exactly, I get how sometimes you dont say something to protect the other person. I understand that concept the whole noble idiocy. But I feel it is not SH's call to make. He doesnt know what the consequences will be like if he did tell the truth.

Sometimes withholding can be more painful, TH is in more pain because she doesnt know why. If she knew the reason for the breakup maybe should could make a clean break and move on. But she has no clue, which is why it is eating her alive.

 

At times very much like SH, his father shows his vulnerable side with TH's mom. I dont question his feelings towards her, it is love. But his love and his selfishness at the time killed his wife and his brother and sister in law. There is a time to be selfish, but clearly he chose to be selfish at the worst time possible. I believe SH and his father's relationship was never good from the start, and that is on the father. You may not have loved your wife, but come on SH was a child yet I dont think he ever felt his father's love.

 

The same way SH's father shows his real side with TH's mom. SH does the same with TH. how ironic.

 

well, when you hold onto that much power and influence, it is not an easy task to let go.

 

I'm someone who holds on the slightest hope till the veeeeeeeeeeeeery end, I can't live otherwise!! :lol: and plus this drama is loosely based on the original material unlike the other "remakes" and Shi Hyun is more sympathetic here so death isn't really a fitting punishement for his mistake!! Hear me writer-nim?!! <_<

 

and what a great nature she has?!! just like her mother!! I was hoping for them to change and take the right side before its too late but that "too late" has already came and went by so no sympathy or hope for them anymore!!

 

well fear is always there since it's a blind love he had for her that we're talking about (Shi Hyun was never that blind even when he followed her wishes) but still his blindness is starting to heal little by little so there is hope in him that I'll keep holding on into!! and he called Shi Hyun for Tae Hee and that's a great thing from him right now!! :wink:

 

I think in a way he couldn't let her hate his mother and him to that level, he's ok (not that ok still) if she's to see him as a bad jerk who broke her heart and move on but not to hate him for what his mother "caused" her years ago through the accident he think she caused!! he's still wrong though but...

 

I hate the jerk father enough to not want him to be compared with Shi Hyun even if they have the slightest similarity!! :lol: he loves Tae Hee's mother?!! yes, I can see that!! BUT it ends there with no good side of that love to no one including Tae Hee's mother who he always chose his status, greed and ambition over her twice!! and I believe Shi Hyun's love is different than his even if he did wrong by her he still did it with hope it's best for her!! plus Shi Hyun's love for Tae Hee started changing him aside from what's only between the 2 of them while that jerk father is the same with everyone and his love for Tae Hee's mother changed nothing in him!! well maybe other than made him more bitter toward Shi Hyun and his wife that he never loved and blame for losing the woman he loved because of them when it's only his greed and ambition to be blamed!! <_<

 

yeah power makes many people lose their humanity eventually!!

 

OST 3 MV!! :D:wub: sorry if there is re-posts!! :sweatingbullets:

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Cruel Intentions again and it was corny indeed. The acting was eh and reminiscent of the "awkward" acting in here as well.

 

Kathryn says something about how everyone needs to stay loving her that's why she uses Sebastian. 

 

Reminiscent of Sooji's dynamic with Si Hyun and Se Joo. Like mentioned before,  she's surrounded by people who shows that they care and love her yet when she can't get what she wants...she plots to have others ruin others for her and if that fails,  she messes things up herself causing indirect fatal harm to Sebastian.  

 

Sebastian has his journal that was shared with the school after his death by Annette. While Si Hyun has his box of things he cherishes. 

 

I really hope there's no death.  I might just cry if I stick through this messy writing I'm getting in here just to have one of the main characters killed off. 

 

I'm saying that bc Si Hyun just broke it off with Tae Hee like how Sebastian did.  Emotional like how Sebastian was. 

 

Like how Kathryn realized he was in love with Annette, Soo Ji also discovered his love for Tae Hee. Instead of like the movie of "threatening his reputation"...Soo Ji is aiming for marriage now. I pray that Se Joo remains loyal till the end and gets a happy ending.  I hope he didn't have a Ronald moment of where he gets turned by Soo Ji and goes after Si Hyun with violence 

 

Do Hwan definitely is a better actor than Ryan as Sebastian imo. The character dynamic is different,  I get it. But the emotions, the flirtiness, and facial expressions are on point with Do Hwan... very natural.  While with Ryan,  ...although he was good he seemed a bit "Hey I'm acting right now" at times.  

 

Ga Young is definitely as good as Michelle Geller was with playing Kathryn. Both being able to be vindictive in such different ways. Soo Ji is the silent type and hits you before you know it. Kathryn is more vicious with her words and sneaky at hiding her true personality.  Good at playing victim when needed too. 

 

Joy is weaker than Reese Witherspoon in displaying stronger emotions and how she delivers her lines that requires more negative/ strong emotions.  She's good at the happy/sad scenes though. Her portrayal could also have way more to do with the writing though. Reese's Annette was more strong and had more resolve than Tae Hee. Joy's interpretation of Tae Hee has her as someone who wavered a lot quicker still despite never saying I love you back.  She's portrayed as skeptical of love but willing to love. Very different interpretations of the characters... looking forward to what the end is got Tae Hee. 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, booo28 said:

wahhhhh It's a sihyuntae's constellation couple necklaces ! :o it has a constellation birthstone in it. I want it ! :lol::lol:

 

the necklace!! Nomu yepputa!  :wub:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm alittle confused about the timeline of the accident... Can someone clarify if I got it right?

1. the accident happened two years ago?

2. TH would have been seriously injured.  then wouldn't her dad be back to take care of her?  But seems her dad never came back to Korea.  So who took care of her?  And in these two years, TH continued to excel in her studies and win awards/scholarships?

3. Supposedly TH had an argument with her mum that night? but I recall seeing/reading somewhere that they have not met since her mum left TH and her dad in Germany for more than 2 years.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

 

I'm someone who holds on the slightest hope till the veeeeeeeeeeeeery end, I can't live otherwise!! :lol: and plus this drama is loosely based on the original material unlike the other "remakes" and Shi Hyun is more sympathetic here so death isn't really a fitting punishement for his mistake!! Hear me writer-nim?!! <_<

 

and what a great nature she has?!! just like her mother!! I was hoping for them to change and take the right side before its too late but that "too late" has already came and went by so no sympathy or hope for them anymore!!

 

well fear is always there since it's a blind love he had for her that we're talking about (Shi Hyun was never that blind even when he followed her wishes) but still his blindness is starting to heal little by little so there is hope in him that I'll keep holding on into!! and he called Shi Hyun for Tae Hee and that's a great thing from him right now!! :wink:

 

I think in a way he couldn't let her hate his mother and him to that level, he's ok (not that ok still) if she's to see him as a bad jerk who broke her heart and move on but not to hate him for what his mother "caused" her years ago through the accident he think she caused!! he's still wrong though but...

 

I hate the jerk father enough to not want him to be compared with Shi Hyun even if they have the slightest similarity!! :lol: he loves Tae Hee's mother?!! yes, I can see that!! BUT it ends there with no good side of that love to no one including Tae Hee's mother who he always chose his status, greed and ambition over her twice!! and I believe Shi Hyun's love is different than his even if he did wrong by her he still did it with hope it's best for her!! plus Shi Hyun's love for Tae Hee started changing him aside from what's only between the 2 of them while that jerk father is the same with everyone and his love for Tae Hee's mother changed nothing in him!! well maybe other than made him more bitter toward Shi Hyun and his wife that he never loved and blame for losing the woman he loved because of them when it's only his greed and ambition to be blamed!! <_<

 

yeah power makes many people lose their humanity eventually!!

 

 

 

haha, well them I can hold onto you while you hold onto hope. I am really hoping that because it is only loosely based on, we will get a different ending overall. So far it does seem the story wiseit is not going in the same direction as the novel.

 

hehe, well in the sense that you know those around her would see her really as who she is. I wonder what was the significance of TH tutoring the girl. That must be some significance as to it. SJ was starting to feel like her right, as in she was having an effect on her, but now TH seems to also establish a rather comfortable relationship and is helping her even. So I wonder why the writer chose to write that in.

 

Maybe bit by bit people who use to worship or go to SJ, is now turning towards TH instead?

 

Well, I guess so he did call. When SJ called him, he also was quickly wishing that the two of them leave his restaurant so that they dont get caught by her. I guess Se Joo knows that SJ is on full revenge mode since she is now targetting TH's mom.

 

I think between the hit and run vs the bet, TH will be angered at the bet more than anything. Afterall you cannot hate a dead woman, but you can hate the son of the woman which approached you for the reason to hurt you.

 

ha i mean that in the way that they are two different people around the woman they love. Other than THAT, yes SH's father is very different from SH himself. But you are right, SH's father wants to remain in power, if he really wanted TH's mom he would have left rather long ago and stood his ground with regards to his love. But I guess because of what happen, he caused his wife, brother and sister in law all to die. That guilt, well the penance, he is still paying it. (not a good job if you ask me but well he is in the dog house)

 

TH's mom is not innocent as well, but I can see that there was a time that she did love her husband and she definitely adores and loves TH. I guess the mistakes she has made has made it rather difficult to reconcile that. I think TH choosing to lower the ice wall she has around her mom is the first time to reconciliation.

 

29 minutes ago, emmie said:

I'm alittle confused about the timeline of the accident... Can someone clarify if I got it right?

1. the accident happened two years ago?

2. TH would have been seriously injured.  then wouldn't her dad be back to take care of her?  But seems her dad never came back to Korea.  So who took care of her?  And in these two years, TH continued to excel in her studies and win awards/scholarships?

3. Supposedly TH had an argument with her mum that night? but I recall seeing/reading somewhere that they have not met since her mum left TH and her dad in Germany for more than 2 years.

 

I can't answer everything because I think there is something more than we have not found out about the accident.

 

1. Yes it happened 2 years ago - before TH graduated high school.

 

2. Her dad was in Germany, he never came back because TH's mom never told him about the accident. (The scene in EP19, where TH and her mom were speaking she talks about it) Most likely TH's mom and that professor friend took care of her.

 

TH said that after she recovered (because of her strained relationship with her mom) she moves to Seoul, took her GED and got into college, subsequently getting awards/scholarship along the way. (She said this in EP17? I think when she almost got hit by a car and SH saved her)

 

3. Yes she had an argument that night with her mom - could be about her mom thinking about getting into a relationship with SH's dad. (since we know that SH's mom was driving up to meet TH's mom at that exact moment)

 

TH's dad and her left for Germany and her mom did not go with, but TH returned (as to when, I can't remember but must not have been too long ago before the accident) She may have come to Korea to do her high school.

 

Hope I manage to clarifiy a few things.

 

 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After this week episodes I read articles saying how this drama rating become second lowest record and blaming Joy acting.

First, why they reported it as the second lowest <_<<_<

Second, IMO it is 90% the writing and the plot. I agree if a more well known actress was the main lead, despite the messy plot, probably the rating wasn't this bad.  I remember Drama Strong Do Bong Soon, people were complaining that they can't enjoy the romance because of the thriller part and bad editing but still the drama kept a good rating because the main leads were popular. I see the same here, we can't really enjoy the romance because of melodrama part and messy editing/plot. I feel like the writer either should have sticked to the original story or creating a fresh/more interesting plot. Instead, he/she added all these cliche drama story lines. I won't be surprised if at the end SH get into car accident and he loses his memory....  So I believe there is a good reason the rating are low and it is not because of joy acting or the target audience. 

 

My comment on TH character, people were criticizing her for the drunk scene or why she is bothered by the break up if her character is supposed to be strong... My thoughts were break up hurts even when someone's character is strong. It is a real feeling, loving someone, getting rejected by the one you love hurts and being strong doesn't mean to pretend it doesn't hurt. it is actually accepting it as a real feeling and giving it time to heal. I can totally see why she suddenly cried in the nursery and got drunk and let it out finally. She bottled up her feelings so much that it got out of control at the end. She is also young and was never in love so she also was thinking I shouldn't be bothered by the break up because I don't need a man in my life or what is the big deal. But she was wrong... she was experiencing love for the first time and spent intimate moments with her lover slept with her lover for the first time(or second time :) ) of course it hurts. Actually heartbreak is real pain, Being in love is like using heroin, it affects the brain the same way...

And an observation on TH take on love, I think she has a complex about it. The reason I think so is that, She always wishes to live with someone she loves and I was thinking why is that, now I get it. It is because of her mother, she seems to hate her mother but in fact she pities her as she couldn't live with her lover. TH mother marriage was loveless and TH doesn't want to end up like her mother. Also, in the scene where her mother gave her a gift and told her she is going back to the country side, TH mentioned it is because of her mother that she can't/couldn't date.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                              Soo Ji: Revenge should be done by taking that person's most important things

 

This sentence had been repeated again and again by Soo Ji in this drama. We had heard it in episode 1 and we heard it again in yesterday's episode. At first, i thought that this sentence was written to paint Soo Ji's twisted characters. However, i think there is more to it after i watched yesterday's episodes. I try to see through those words and think in different perspectives. What if these words signal what will come to SJ in the future? We can see that SJ is slowly losing SH or should i say she already lose him. I know Se Joo would never left Soo Ji for his love towards her but  i am sure he will snap at her at one point and might temporarily left her alone. Her new friend, Hye-Jung (she might be not important to her but she did like her), is now being teach by TH. And her most valuable person, her mother, might turns against her because of her request to marry SH. Both of them (SJ and her mother) might lost one another because of the dangerous game both of them love to play. SJ is slowly losing her people, one by one. And it is not because of TH's revenge but it is a revenge done to her by the world. Karma do exists.

 

                                                                                                     

                                                                                                            The Ending

Now that we have 6 episodes left, everyone are on their toes for the ending. Will we get a happy ending or tragic ending or maybe a bittersweet ending?Unfortunately, it is all on the hands of the writer. While it is loosely based on the novel and movie, we can't run from the probability that the main lead will tragically die. So,even if it is low, i have my hopes that we can get our happy ending based on very little hints put by the writer. In ep 1, TH's birthday wish is to live with the person she love, then on the day she moved to her new dormitory, she make the same wish again in SH's car and lastly, the wishing trees where the camera shows the same wish as TH hanging on that tree. These scenes might only be used to emphasis TH's principle but is it just only that? Why they need 3 scenes just to focus on that? I am not entirely sure but for me, a wish is meant to be fulfilled. Therefore, my dearest writer, please don't destroy a birthday wish of an innocent person.

 

There are lots of plot holes, questionable motives and questionable characters in this drama. I doubt that the writer can perfectly tie up everything in 6 more episodes. Whatever it is, i just hope that i won't flip my laptop when we come to its ends. I don't care much if there are lots of unanswered questions as long as the main or key point of the plot is nicely tie up at the end.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there're a scene where Tae Hee goes to her mom place in Icheon in Gyeonggi Province later, its look like quite far from Seoul. I wish the next episode Tae Hee move from Si Hyun place. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I just realized the drama will end in 3 weeks. While the last eps have made me really sad, in the repetitive cycle of my life this has been what i've been looking forward to every week for the past month or so. It even made me sign into my soompi account again just to have conversations here, I haven't been on soompi for years.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Velvet member sent food truck to Joy 

Woo Do Hwan coffe truck , it seems from fans? or friends? i don't know yet

They're become TOP 10 actor and actress topic. They're become popular not because the rating. Everyone who watch the drama online.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, To hold until Monday comes, meanwhile...

 

Let's enjoy sweeter moments for the moment!

This is the new video I made of the adorable couple.

Enjoy !!!

:blush:

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...