Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

Honestly today episode is super boring. .I feel like SJ mom become the main lead, why she keep appearing and all the problems are involved around her. I just want to see our OTP but both are frustating and pitiful. .

I just hope the rating wouldnt go down too deep. .because no lovely intereaction between main OTP and the parent (and SJ) take over the screentime completely. I almost give up in the middle of streaming because it was so boring. .

• Like 7

Still A Black Knight Who Only Has One Princess On His Mind...  And In His Heart...:heart:

DabUTL_VQAEFLvy.jpg

Spoiler

DabUTbiV4AE4iUs.jpgDabUcyRVQAAdPtL.jpg

Spoiler

DabUTo2U0AETdhk.jpgDabUeo0VAAESiOM.jpg

Spoiler

DabUfkAVwAAIb--.jpgDabU8U9U8AEa01t.jpg

All credit and thanks to original owners of photos...

12 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

no preview I am afraid - of course MBC won't be kind to us.

was MBC ever nice to us?!! sigh

10 minutes ago, aznlad33 said:

I'm standing by this. Screenwriter still giving way too much focus on SJ obsession with SH and her mental/emotional problems. IDK how they're going to wrap up this series nicely at this point. Like crazy girl is going to do her own revenge now, and at this point....Tae Hee still didn't find out about the bet yet...wth.

Just wait SJ...once these 3 girls find out about your plan involving all 3 of them...it won't be pretty for anyone but their supporters. 

I was thinking about that too!! how come we have two breakups but none of them is related to the bet and they are dealing with the problems related to their parent's past before their own problems aka the bet, shouldn't we have that cleared before?!! or at least that was my hope and prediction from the start but it's not the case as we can see here!! still I'm waiting for Soo Ji to have everyone against her and lose her best friends being part of it for sure!! :naughty:

• Like 4

these episodes made me feel so down... i don't think i have the energy or brain power to even write anything... i guess this is a melo, it finally showed itself. I cried with TH so much so now I just feel extremely sad. T_T I actually have a habit of dropping dramas when they get too sad and then just following recaps until the happy episodes come back... i'm thinking of doing that too. Just one thing though, I see Taehee's mom did recognize Shihyun's drawing as Taehee. Unfortunately, she invited them over to her workspace too late as they already broke up. I hope TH's mom doesn't get back together with SH's dad, instead I hope she grows and fixes her relationship with TH because she is needed as a mom. New OST at the end of ep 19 sounded great but very sad.

• Like 7

so TH  is still not aware of the bet, soon the end, I'm not sure that will see a revenge on her part, maybe if hun will be just the hero like so many drama or the guy saves the girl in distress, I hope to soon see something more consistent for her,

Joy shows her talent, very proud of her, she seems much more comfortable too , I hope for her that she will be nominated and receive prizes for her role even if I know it will be easier for woo do hwan

• Like 6

Opening scene...

Tae-hee : Could it be that you dislike me already?

Shi-hyun mutters : Ah...

Tae-hee : You're saying that you dislike me?

Shi-hyun mutters again : Ah....

Tae-hee then takes her leave.

Kyung-joo : is it because you all know what's gonna happen so that's why you are gathered here?

Seeing a drunken Shi-hyun, Soo-ji says : This won't do anymore. I am gonna send Shi-hyun home.

Kyung-joo : Let's leave together. Let's send him to Ta-hee's place together...

Se-joo : I wanna go too...

Kyung-joo : I will call a driver to fetch us to Shi-hyun's house...

Soo-ji : YOu even know where is Shi-hyun's house?

Kyung-joo : Oh...no, I don't...

Soo-ji tells Se-joo to send Kyung-joo home.

Soo-ji : I will wait for Shi-hyun to get off from the car first then take the same car home.

Kyung-joo : But then....

Se-joo : Just leave it...Don't bother about them...

Soo-ji : Kwon Shi-hyun...Sober up  now...Let's leave...

Kyung-joo : This won't do...I'm gonna go over to Tae-hee's place and check on her...

Se-joo : When are you gonna continue being like this...

Se-joo : You and I...

Se-joo : When are you gonna continue worrying about your friend's personal matters just until when...

They have arrived at Shi-hyun's home...

Soo-ji : We've reached...Let's go now...

Shi-hyun says : I don't wanna go in...

This is when Soo-ji sees Tae-hee at the apartment too so she tells Shi-hyun : Alright...don't go in then...

Tae-hee's sees Shi-hyun in his car and gives chase to it calling after him : Shi-hyun ah....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the translations @MinLyn

So SJ not only found out about the necklace, she also found out that the two of them are in the same apartment.

I missed out a few details while recapping.

SH knows already who actually is the woman and who is her daughter.

There is also a scene where SH is talking to the secretary of his father - and he showed the catalog of TH's mother pottery. I am not sure what he says but clearly, he has connected the dots.

Wait SJ can drive? I thought she didnt have her license?

3 minutes ago, biancapot said:

@kaoriharang they had a hired driver with them... SJ was in the back seat

oh thanks for clarifying, I didnt watch it carefully. Honestly, TH's crying just drained me completely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

oh thanks for clarifying, I didnt watch it carefully. Honestly, TH's crying just drained me completely.

Yeah, me too. i feel like a wilted vegetable rn.

I want to address the tweet about the scene between the trio talking about the mom. It isn't completely correct. Sejoo was referring to the mom when he said "what do you guys want to do now? isn't it enough to know who the woman is? if they continue to meet later on then think about how to deal with it then." Sejoo was, imo, trying to stop them from finding out that it's TH's mom. SH does not know that the woman is TH's mom. He just feels that she is familiar because he saw her a couple of times in the cafe and even got advice from her.

The one thing i found funny this episode was the Etude House matte lip colour product placement. I guess they're trying to tell us that even when heartbroken girls can look amazing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Okay I am done. - hope I did the recap okay. I missed a few details like the parents and a bit of SJ's backstory (sorry was not interested in either, so I didnt recap)

I have updated all the clips as well. Sorry no preview, naturally.

Today's episode was heart wrenching, especially when TH cries. As much as I sympathise with SH's pain. I am sorry TH's heart break was worst. The worst was when she cried in front of the grandmothers; she was holding in a lot of pain. Poor girl.

Whoever says Joy's acting is bad, clearly has not seen her crying scenes. That pain I feel when she cries oh my goodness. TH had to cry a lot in this episode, poor girl. She believes that SH broke up with her because of that paper plane and she is feeling guilty and bad about it.

Yet, I am really proud of TH. She was just so strong, she put on a brave and strong face in front of SH and others. That takes a lot of strength and courage.

SJ has not quite given up, I believe with her knowing that SH loves TH - if anything it has spurred her on more to now crush TH and destroy their relationship and connection.

We are now into ep 10 already. we are left with 8. I hope that we finally get some closure soon, especially about the accident and the bet. I honestly dont want a rush ending for sure.

thank you so much for the live recap and don't worry I didn't care about the parents nor Soo Ji so no problem to be missed out, actually better it's not mentioned much!! having them while watching with subs is more than enough for me!! <_<

I felt really bad when she kept apologizing for reading the paper plan but thankfully he kept telling her that it wasn't the reason!! I would've strangled him if he let her feel guilty over their break up, even though breaking up with her to begin with isn't good in itself but still!!

as if she can!! hhhhhhhh

I hope so too!! the bet thing need to be adressed already in my opinion!!

13 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I am not completely sure about SJ's motives. It is clear she is trying to get and keep SH. So in order to do so she needs SH's father and her mother to break off as well.

Se Joo is like a guardian angel somehow.

it's actually funny seeing Soo Ji making plans with Shi Hyun as if she's that confident he'll just do as she wants of him like usual but he won't and I'll gloat seeing her loosing her mind seeing how much power she lost over him and Se Joo!! :naughty:

I'm loving him more and more!! :wub:

20 minutes ago, sugarandspices said:

Lets all give an applause to Se Joo. Se Joo is the GOAT. He is a good friend to both SH and SZ. He seems like the sane one from the three and the only one that thinks all this revenge is ridiculous. I am glad that he broke off with KJ before it gotten worst. It was the right thing to do... even though he didn't start it because he wanted to. He has the most character development.

TBH He deserves better. I hope he gets his own happy ending. I hope he succeeds in life. Nothing but best for my Sejoo. 

totally agree with you!! I'm so happy and proud seeing him acting the right way taking the right side against Soo Ji's plans and expectations!! I was worried at 1st he'd stay blinded by his love for Soo Ji even against Shi Hyun but I'm happy my hope for him payed off!! :D:wub:

• Like 4

K-DRAMA REACTION: THE GREAT SEDUCER | EPISODES 15-16

SHE WANTS BOTH

crop_20180410_133036.jpg?w=840crop_20180410_133013.jpg?w=840crop_20180410_132956.jpg?w=840crop_20180410_132743.jpg?w=840crop_20180410_132732.jpg?w=840

Myeong Jeong Hospital President Myung Mi-ri (Kim Seo-hyung) is surely one ambitious woman who has two targets: JK Group vice chairman Kwon Seok-woo’s(Shin Sung-woo) heart and the JK Bio company. This is why Choi Soo-ji’s (Moon Ga-young) fear that her mother would take what is ought for Kwon Si-hyun (Woo Do-hwan) really has basis. And now that President Myung knows that Si-hyun isn’t really vice chair Kwon’s biological son, her chances of taking over JK Bio became stronger. I thought Secretary Yoon genuinely cares for Si-hyun so I felt betrayed when he revealed the Kwon family secret to President Myung. Ahhh, love is so powerful it can make people forget about loyalty.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/10/k-drama-reaction-the-great-seducer-episodes-15-16/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The pace of this episode was very...very...very slow. I like emotional TH and SH. But there's no forward movement in plot really. No discovery of The Bet yet from TH even though we're basically half way through considering these two episodes per day equal only 1 hour. Soo Ji is basically the mini-me of her Mom. Both obsessed with the guy they wanted but couldn't have. Trying to create another revenge plot...trying to get the approval of marriage behind SH's back. Like I want SH to still yell at SJ for her stupid selfish acts. It's one thing to raise your tone at her like he did previously...but it wasn't enough to shock her out of her stupidity. 

I feel bad for Se Joo...he's the most pitiful. Between a guy he loves like a brother and the female he loves one sidely...but constantly being left in the dust and having to be there for them equally. 

At this point...I'm angry at the scriptwriters still for many reasons. But sticking around for the friends only...ugh as much as I don't like the Soo Ji situation. 

• Like 6

if someone @stroppyse or @MinLyn can translate this below scene that would be great.

I believe SH is trying to get to the bottom of this. TH's mother and his mother.

It seems he answered saying that his mother got into an accident on the way to seeing TH's mother.

2 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

thank you so much for the live recap and don't worry I didn't care about the parents nor Soo Ji so no problem to be missed out, actually better it's not mentioned much!! having them while watching with subs is more than enough for me!! <_<

I felt really bad when she kept apologizing for reading the paper plan but thankfully he kept telling her that it wasn't the reason!! I would've strangled him if he let her feel guilty over their break up, even though breaking up with her to begin with isn't good in itself but still!!

as if she can!! hhhhhhhh

I hope so too!! the bet thing need to be adressed already in my opinion!!

it's actually funny seeing Soo Ji making plans with Shi Hyun as if she's that confident he'll just do as she wants of him like usual but he won't and I'll gloat seeing her loosing her mind seeing how much power she lost over him and Se Joo!! :naughty:

I'm loving him more and more!! :wub:

totally agree with you!! I'm so happy and proud seeing him acting the right way taking the right side against Soo Ji's plans and expectations!! I was worried at 1st he'd stay blinded by his love for Soo Ji even against Shi Hyun but I'm happy my hope for him payed off!! :D:wub:

your welcome. not the best but well. at the end of the day, I still need subs to understand the whole episode tonight.

As much as I know we are to expect angst. still I hope we dont have to wait long. I hate to see TH suffer.

yeah the bet thing, plus SJ still wants to have her way. so clearly to her the game is not over.

I think she knows though that she is losing her grip on both of them. This could be her way of trying to keep things together.

I am glad that Se Joo is acting like a decent human being. Sometimes I get really pissed off that he turns a blind eye to whatever SJ does because he cares for her. But clearly, TH is innocent. so its nice to see that he actually has some heart.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In the trio's hideout place....

Soo-ji asks Shihyun : What's wrong with you?

Coz the latter just continues to stare blankly into space...

Soo-ji : Yah...Shall we just stay over here for tonight?

Shi-hyun does not respond....

Soo-ji : Why? Because you are feeling too sad? Look at me...

The latter just continues to stare blankly into space...

Shi-hyun : You...Me...And Se-joo...When we are going through a hard time, the 3 of us are always together....Other than the three of us, no one else will come forward to  comfort us...

Shi-hyun continues saying : No one will hug and embrace us...

Soo-ji : Yeah, seems like it...So that's why you and I...will stay with you by your side...

Soo-ji starts caressing his face....

Shi-hyun : All along, it has always been like this...

Flashback of the past when Shi-hyun is reminded of the time when Tae-hee had visited him at the hospital and the things she has said to him...

Tae-hee : You should sleep now...When you are awake tomorrow, let's go home together,,,,

When Tae-hee starts hugging him assuring him that things are gonna be fine.

Back to the present...

Shi-hyun  : My heart doesn't feel the same anymore...

Shi-hyun removes Soo-ji's hand gently from his face....and this is when Soo-ji sees that Shi--hyun is also wearing the same couple necklace as Tae-hee. She gets up and takes her leave...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I think Soo Ji is actually using the jerk father's relationship with Tae Hee's mother to force him to break his engagement with her mother and get her and Shi Hyun married instead but that would be a fail and I can't wait for her realising it!! :naughty:

I'm happy my love and hope for Se Joo is paying off FINALLY!! he's taking the right side which I couldn't be happier to see from him!! :D:wub:

ah!! my heart for these 2!! :tears:

http://tv.naver.com/v/3018262/list/206176

"...get her and Shi Hyun married instead but that would be a fail and I can't wait for her realising it!!"

This would be a fail indeed!!

An EPIC one too especially when SH finds out that Soo Ji's mom is the one who killed his mom. And he thinks him and TH are not meant to be, him and Soo Ji were fated not even be bff.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, biancapot said:

Yeah, me too. i feel like a wilted vegetable rn.

I want to address the tweet about the scene between the trio talking about the mom. It isn't completely correct. Sejoo was referring to the mom when he said "what do you guys want to do now? isn't it enough to know who the woman is? if they continue to meet later on then think about how to deal with it then." Sejoo was, imo, trying to stop them from finding out that it's TH's mom. SH does not know that the woman is TH's mom. He just feels that she is familiar because he saw her a couple of times in the cafe and even got advice from her.

The one thing i found funny this episode was the Etude House matte lip colour product placement. I guess they're trying to tell us that even when heartbroken girls can look amazing.

haha yeah right? Last night drained me already, tonight was worst.

And just to address the others comments on the thread. Sadly I agree that plot wise it is making very little progress.

I think rather than SH taking everything at face value (like what happen with the accident, and others) I rather he do some investigation of his own.

Find out for himself the answers rather than hear about it from someone else.

Even the secretary was lying to him because he made it seem that the hit and run killed SH's mother when clearly it didnt. Rather SJ's mom did it.

I wish they gave us more clues to the accident, which I admit is rather frustrating.

yeah I know clearly Se Joo is the only one thinking straight.

Ah so that means SH knows who the woman is, but he doesnt know who exactly she is - just that she is some artist lady who he has met for a few times.

haha well Red Velvet are the main models for Etude House (so that is the main reason)

thank you @MinLyn for translating the clips. It is really helpful

• Like 5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiAQ6bVXRTwZKVBvbcTtaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcRh_xrxG9zurrIHJ6O85images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjsBIR2R3bXfim6Ci0Ufh

I was just thinking how much I truly dislike both Soo Ji and her Mother MR.  It would seem the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  It came to me when looking back that MR doesn't just want SW for his power or money although that's VERY important no doubt to her.  But if it was only about money MR wouldn't have had a concern about what to wear or be upset over missed dates or plans. Or took the time to place that article or news about their marriage to hurt YW.  I think she has wanted SW for a while and it may tie into the accident not sure yet...

All I do know is that both Mother and Daughter want men whose hearts don't belong to them and  I don't believe they ever will.  Yet they are willing to force themselves on those men even in knowing that.  Because here is the real deal they don't care about whats right or wrong or if their love is one sided.  They only care, see, and feel whats best for them.  They give us a view of just how selfish and hurtful we humans can be and for my hope that somewhere deep down there was goodness in Soo Ji.  Well unless a miracle takes place I just don't think I will find any...

The sad part is that even when others might try and tell them such as Se Joo that love cannot be forced or gained by their actions.  I don't believe it would matter for they cannot see beyond themselves or their belief that their hearts and feelings are the only ones that really matter...

That So Ji brat.. really, she's know that Si Hyun really like Tae Hee and She's trying to do their first plan to get married. But this time So Ji do it that not for her mother anymore but for break Si Hyun and Tae Hee relationship also for Tae Hee mother. That brat really i want to slap her.. she's call herself as Si Hyun friends but what she's doing here.

She's trying to destroy Tae Hee or Tae Hee mom. 

Ahhh since Si Hyun know ever meet Tae Hee mom, even though he doesnt know who she is, i hope Si Hyun doesnt hurt her, is he's doing whats So Ji said, I bet Tae Hee will become ever don't want to have relationship again with Si Hyun. Since Si Hyun break Tae Hee heart and her mom. 

There are no preview, damnnnnn ... waiting until sunday.. poor Tae Hee , she's doesnt know anything but she's suffer alot here. i wish Si Hyun will suffer alot too, since he will break Tae Hee mom too, his sorry feeling to Tae Hee got bigger 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1