Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

24 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

All these talks of past car accidents....I feel like there will be one near the end. 

If there is, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Although the general story is different, that's how Do hwan's counterpart in that movie died. He was hit by a car as he saved Joy's counter part (Reese Witherspoon) from getting hit instead. Although, I though personally thought, he could've of pulled her out of the way together and have them both saved like any other stereotypical drama/movie lol but that's my opinion

I'm praying that there's a happy ending as the writers of this is making this soooo messy already and making it hard to cleanly tie up loose ends before the drama ends...so at least give us a happy ending which will be completely new with no deaths you know...

• Like 9

Si Hyun is probably more concerned about TH finding out it was his mother who was the driver on TH's hit-and-run accident than TH finding out about the bet. If TH finds out about the bet, I think it would be fairly easy to go pass that since SH is already showing he likes TH genuinely and TH would believe him. But as to SH's mom being TH's assailant, SH can't do anything about that and he can't stop TH from hurting if she found out about that. Remember TH said "Of course, I'll make that person pay" when SH asked what she'd do if she were to know the identity of her assailant. So that's why he probably decided to end it all and continue keeping TH in the dark about her accident's assailant and not about the bet.

Now they just need to find out it wasn't really SH's mom but SJ's mom who caused TH's accident and reconcile.

• Like 9

After watching today's clips, I am a tiny bit less harsh on SH. There was still noble idiocy by dumping her bc of guilt that his mother was the one who hit her. I understand where he's coming from and I do feel a little bad for him. However his reasoning behind it doesn't make sense. He wasn't the one who "hit" her, it was his mom(or so he believes) does he think TH would resent him for it so he decides it'll be easier for her to hate him? :blink: But the way he handled it I can't excuse him for it. Flat out humiliating her in front of the trio(when he knows that they thought this whole time he was just "playing her" . Not knowing he's just using that as a coverup for the real reason(the accident) & the sad part is that TH thinks he's upset with her for finding out he's an illegimate child. 

The worst news hasn't even come to the surface yet; the whole BET. AGH. Which will completely lose her trust in him. Are they going to keep making up & then breaking up? It's starting get so draggy writers. I love our OTP, but I'm glad to see iron wall TH next ep. Yes girl, MAKE HIM FIGHT FOR YOU. SH keeps on piling these secrets on secrets from both his friends & TH. it's just making matters worse. He needs to stop hurting himself & the girl he loves. Quoting TH, "Stop pretending to be the bad guy." 

Seems like in the preview SJ finally realizes SH's true feelings to TH. I actually think Se Joo knows that SH loves TH for real. But it finally dawned on SJ tho. So guess SH will be having a hard time. 

Regarding the parents dilemma, we still don't know who's SH real father is. This might sound crazy, but could it be the butler? He seems to genuinely care about SH & I think SH actually likes him.. but idk. haha maybe just watching too much kdramas made me come up with that theory. Or guess he could be related to him? I don't really know who else could be his real father... 

• Like 9

@songsongobsessed

I don't think SH broke up with TH because he thought TH would dislike him if she finds out the truth. Nor I think he feels guilty. The way I saw it was that SH doesn't want to start hating her mother because of TH. He also doesn't want his mother get hate from TH. He had been idolized his mother so much that he can't see her image being tarnished. He thinks if he keep dating TH, the truth will eventually come out and he doesn't want that. Again not to mention TH mother advise has a huge influence on SH to think it is better to keep the truth hidden. Honestly, I don't expect SH to think thoroughly and figuring out what is the best to do in this situation. He is not in particular smart or emotionally mature person. So his Nobel idiocy act or his swingy behavior actually matches his character. He is young and didn't really grow up with a father figure in his life and all he was doing with his life was hurting women so what we expect from him? hopefully we see more character development for his character. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, dramagirlslove said:

All these talks of past car accidents....I feel like there will be one near the end. 

I have been thinking about this since last week. i have a feeling someone is going to have a car accident. maybe TH is going to be hit by car but SH save her, and he is the one getting hit. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ParvinStar said:

@songsongobsessed

I don't think SH broke up with TH because he thought TH would dislike him if she finds out the truth. Nor I think he feels guilty. The way I saw it was that SH doesn't want to start hating her mother because of TH. He also doesn't want his mother get hate from TH. He had been idolized his mother so much that he can't see her image being tarnished. He thinks if he keep dating TH, the truth will eventually come out and he doesn't want that. Again not to mention TH mother advise has a huge influence on SH to think it is better to keep the truth hidden. Honestly, I don't expect SH to think thoroughly and figuring out what is the best to do in this situation. He is not in particular smart or emotionally mature person. So his Nobel idiocy act or his swingy behavior actually matches his character. He is young and didn't really grow up with a father figure in his life and all he was doing with his life was hurting women so what we expect from him? hopefully we see more character development for his character. 

Thanks for answering. :) I get it now. I keep forgetting that they are only 20 & he doesn't think rationally. I just hate the noble idiocy they do in dramas. I'm so done with all his mood swings. I want to see truly him fight for her & earn her back rightfully. Even if it will be the hard way & hopefully TH doesn't give in too easily even though I love them as a couple. They need to start clean & fresh, no secrets or lies. Because they are both suffering. :(Looking forward to SH's big turning point too. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aznlad33 said:

If there is, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Although the general story is different, that's how Do hwan's counterpart in that movie died. He was hit by a car as he saved Joy's counter part (Reese Witherspoon) from getting hit instead. Although, I though personally thought, he could've of pulled her out of the way together and have them both saved like any other stereotypical drama/movie lol but that's my opinion

I'm praying that there's a happy ending as the writers of this is making this soooo messy already and making it hard to cleanly tie up loose ends before the drama ends...so at least give us a happy ending which will be completely new with no deaths you know...

Ikr. Honestly I dont understand, why must kill SH in the end? Is that really necessary? He is already suffering enough. He lost his mom, his dad doesnt love him and he was kicked from home, he has messy and unhealthy friendship with sejoo and sj, he break up with TH because of the past accident eventhough he really loves her. . .now he is all alone, and in the end he also would die??

This drama is already messy, and most of people still watching because of our OTP,  do they really need to kill him? If they have good common sense, they should give us happy ending. Despite of the low rating thanks to our otp this drama still alive and some of our otp videos always trending after the episode aired.

• Like 3

Hi guys!! 

I got a feeling we are going to be left on a cliff hanger after today's episode. And one more week to go after that! How to endure? 

I have many thoughts of the drama so far, I'm not sure if I can express myself, but still, I wanna let it out here, else, I'll die of internal injury. :ph34r:

1) What is PD / writers trying to portray about SH being a "tempter / seducer" in the first episode with the model ajumma. And then this seducer character just ended abruptly. :mellow:

2)How did he fall in love with TH so fast? I feel that Joy didn't bring out the spunkiness, or cuteness in her character (as opposed to Sejong's character in School 2017) for him to fall that madly love. Might just be me, but I just cannot feel it. 

3) Ok, the kids are all screwed up there, cos the adults are. Cham! The plot is so confusing that I'm just fast-fowarding the adults scenes. Haha! Puppy boy is all I'm after.  *droolllll* 

4) Joy did get better at the later episodes. Was it just me, or does anyone else feel that she is like mumbling her words? I don't understand Korean that much though, but the way she speak seem quite awkward to me. 

Please dont bash me, this is just my own thoughts. Chill! Peace! 

I dont wanna cry tonight! Chebal! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think the problem is the bet actually. The problem seems to be SH's mother who may have caused TH's father's accident.

So, by being so cruel in the breakup, it's supposed to cause TH to hate SH as being a bad guy. Whereas if TH finds out about their parents, then TH may hate SH, but it might also cause her to hate herself for having fallen for the son of the woman who caused her father's accident.  So, SH is seeing it as the lesser of two evils for TH just to hate him rather than to also feel guilty for her own actions.

And, SH took TH's mother's advice the right way, I think. She basically told him to choose one or the other, reveal it all or to end it as clearly as possible. And given that she also comments that it sometimes hurts less not to know than to know, it's clear that SH decided to take the path of not letting TH know the real reason he doesn't think that they can be together.

This is all based on the "sins of the parent being passed onto the child" thing that kdramas (and others) like to expound on. Whether one agrees with that position or not is probably based on the culture that the viewer has grown up with. Since, for me, I get frustrated with that stance. I personally think "tell the whole truth and shame the devil" and deal with the consequences once everyone has full information, but I realize that's reflective of the culture that I grew up in, that I have little patience with acts of nobility that cause such pain. :)

Wait! There was a bed scene in the episode, and I've only been watching the sad scenes so that I can translate clips?? What is wrong with me when there is a SH bed scene around? Enough with the sadness, the cruelty, the noble idiocy, etc. I have to go find the clip and watch bed scene now. :D 

You are right, clearly SH is seeing the lesser of two evils.

Yet, I am disappointed in SH's actions - I would think SH would know TH enough that if he had spoken the truth or at least tell her what he knows. TH would be understanding to it.

Indeed, I am with you about the 'sins of the parents' I do believe in tell the truth but clearly SH believes he is sparing TH and himself further pain if he ends it now.

haha right chingu, the ep 17 was all love and fluff, ep 18 was just painful, painful.

awww chingu, its okay to make mistakes - you have been busy with so many other things haha no harm done.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

After watching this episode. I like some of Tae Hee character. Seems like weak person but she's actually strong girl and consisten person. I like her attitude when their vacation, Si Hyun push her pride in front of his friend but Tae Hee still look at positive explanation from Si Hyun. When she's found out the paper plane and know what it is, she's still keep that from Si Hyun and wait until Si Hyun talking first to her. Thats means she's considering person. If she's told Si Hyun about the paper plane, Si Hyun might be embrassed that he's not real son from JK son and etc. But Tae Hee still keep silent and receive Si Hyun whatever he's come from,doesnt matter if he's not come from JK group. 

She know that Si Hyun problem with his dad, and trying to calm him down.

After Si Hyun push Tae Hee again in this episode, she's still positive person and calm person that ask him to talk the two of them. Since she think that Si Hyun get mad at her because the paper plane. 

Si Hyun shoud be better to her. Poor Tae Hee , Si Hyun keep so many secret from her. 

The whole keeping secrets thing was a big issue - or still is for me. I know that some secrets are not meant to be told. But TH has hinted several times towards SH if he has anything to tell her.

The early scene of both of them asking for a forgivingness card - clearly SH knew that TH had the aeroplane that contained his darkest secret. When he found the plane, I dont think he felt angry towards it, the biggest push for SH was the car accident.

Like I mentioned before, noble idiocy bores me, I dont get it. And clearly, TH is a sweet girl for still being loyal to SH in that way.

Base on the preview, we know that TH didnt move out, and she didnt throw away the necklace. Clearly, of course we know she still cares and loves SH.

But I am really proud to see how stand up and show him that I can live my life without you - what you and your friends have done to me, it doesnt matter. In retrospect it would be SH that is struggling seeing her, because he clearly loves us very much.

7 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Okay, I haven't seen episodes 17 & 18, but I did watch all of the clips and what we have with SH is...

S E L F   S A B O T A G E

Think about it. SJ and Se Joo have been his best friends since middle school, yet he has this BIG secret that from the outside looking in, he should be able to tell them. After all, Soo Ji's father is in prison. Se Joo comes from a mafia family. So the question is, why does he feel it so necessary to keep this truth from them? While that isn't his biological father, he has stepped in a fatherly role and has taken legal claim over him so even if the truth got out, I don't think it would be the tragedy he has imagined. But this brings me back to an earlier post I made. The trio don't trust one another. It has become a friendship of familiarity and not one of trust and companionship.

SH has carried the burden of being in a forced relationship with someone he has no biological ties to. He HAS to keep the secret moreso because of the stand-in father and what he has to lose. Probably his position in the company, stock value, etc. So, he is cosplaying a chaebol at home. He's cosplaying a bad boy with his friends. Then he finally meets someone he doesn't have to put on act with and suddenly he likes being free to be himself and be a good person. But he forgot, when he was in the middle of an earlier act, he was reckless and gave her that airplane with the truth on it. This is a cry for help. He was so desperate to get his truth out, but now in a happier place, the truth felt like an unwelcome hug. He felt exposed to TH and so the only thing left to do was to cut her loose. I think this time TH will not go back easily. This time, she is going to remember her father and not allow SH to humiliate her. 

The key though will be Soo Ji. As sure as misery follows her around like a bad odor, she is going to rub this in TH's face in some way. She is going to be happy with how things ended, that is until she decides to reveal the whole SH's dad/TH's mom relationship. The funny thing is that will have more effect on SH than it will TH, who literally has no real relationship with her mom and probably won't be too surprised by this news. And, we still haven't gotten to her mother's evil deeds, all in the name of trying to get a man that is an associate at best. It is so funny how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This should be interesting.

you are making a good point i really like it. thanks for sharing it.

they each carry a secret and a rather deep one.

as you mention about SH's.

Se Joo is his mother who is in the hospital - i doubt the other two know about that at all.

SJ well her secrets is TH's mom/SH's dad relationship - though since they have decided to end it i guess it doesnt matter? Plus SH is not related to the father so technically it is not an issue.

But clearly SJ's mom has done more deeds (like the death of SH's mom) around and soon SJ will have to bear them.

6 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Don't Trust Words... Trust Actions Instead...:heart:

It's a little early to comment about everything I feel without watching it fully with subs but I will step out and say this... Because I am one who looks for things that don't seem to stand out to others I guess I am just odd.  The moment that SH saw TH outside their apartments even before reading here about what words he spoke to his Mother at her grave I knew without a doubt his love for her is honest and beyond REAL...

Two things he said not with words but through his eyes and their movement alone while standing there was where his eyes were focused.  On what was the most loved and valued possession he owned. His Mothers necklace that was still where he himself had lovingly and freely placed it.  Around the one person TH,  that he cherished and loved the most...

His second view would say even more as his eyes filled with concern reflected on the band aid that still covered the palm of her hand...

This wasn't SH's first time at hurting TH in public and it was dealt with in the same manor.  You see this is what I love about TH she didn't give him nor them satisfaction then or even now because those friends whom believe they know SH best sitting around him then and even now.  Only see what SH has allowed them to see.  Where as with TH he opened himself and his heart to her and if it wasn't for his guilt that I believe is misplaced he wouldn't be playing the worst kind of game that he has ever played.  That of fooling himself into believing some harsh and cruel words can somehow put closure on her heart... Even worse his own...

It would seem SH doesn't understand or know yet who he is dealing with when he fell in love with TH or how smart of a young woman she truly is.  Anger,  yes she more than feels that but it's more about disappointment in him being the biggest fool of all in believing she wouldn't see through that.   For as upset as she is she knows that it's not her that is hurting the most or that she was the only one being lied to in that room.  His mouth can say what ever it wants but I believe she has learned  to not listen only with her ears but also with her heart...

I might add that I also believe that Soo Ji was angry and a little shocked to see as her eyes focused on that necklace she knows all to well wrapped beautifully around TH's neck.  For guess what?  She too now knows his love, concern and actions for TH without a doubt was never a part of their silly game.  No matter the words being said out loud  I knew how she would feel in seeing and understanding that the moment he gave TH that necklace.  The game was over he made it's meaning disappear and his love for TH proven and REAL...

beautifully written chingu yet again.

the title about actions not words is something that is so true. Time and time again SH has proved through actions that he does love and care for TH.

He does care for her, and yet he had to end it so as to no longer hurt her.

You are right about the words at the grave, there ere so revealing of SH's love for TH. He loves his mother and TH deeply that he is stuck in the middle.

The fact that TH didnt cower or cry in front of the trio - just shows the depth of the strength that comes from TH. She knows that SH was not saying the truth because she knows him well. She still remained loyal to his secret, she was looking through SH and seeing him.

TH felt anger and disappointment towards SH.

This is going to get interesting though now - SJ saw the necklace, she knows about the parents, now that she has connected the dots of SH and TH - it is possible she will be doing her own damages rather than using SH as a weapon.

Also when I read your heading - I got reminded immediately of the preview for tonight's episode.

there was this line

KJ: Did Shi Hyun really like Tae Hee?
Se Joo: As for that, Tae Hee probably knows that best.

Se Joo is right if TH looks at the actions of SH she would know that he did like her or he still does at least.

I know we are going to suffer for awhile but I hope they arent that far apart for long.

6 hours ago, dramagirlslove said:

oh no, dont say that.

I dont want anyone to die :(

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, ParvinStar said:

@songsongobsessed

I agree that SH didnt break up because he feared the consequences.

Though I do believe that that may have been in the back of his mind - would TH forgive him if she finds out the truth about the accident.

The scene at the grave site was rather telling, SH felt torn between the two.

He doesn't believe that his mother would do such a horrible thing - but the 'facts' as laid out by SJ's mom to him, has pointed that his mother is the assailant of the hit and run. As such, she has caused great trauma to TH and hurt towards TH's father (whom she loves deeply)

You made a good point about how all these characters are in their early 20s, they have not quite seen life. Especially the SH and SJ, I feel that they are stuck in some sort of ivory tower. SH for once is living his life thinking about someone, I think after his mother's death he never put someone else first in his life before. Now he is trying to navigate through life putting TH first.

True, I believe the noble idiocy or the constant changing of personalities (good, shy or bad boy) shows in the room for growth - as you mention chingu.

• Like 6

I really have a lot of questions with regards to the car accident -

the detective said that the uni student is well and in a good university. So yeah it is mostly likely TH.

But I dont believe SH's mom was behind the wheel.

sigh I am so confuse right now.

• Like 6

MBC’s “Tempted” has succeeded in gaining the attention of viewers with its interesting twist on romance and packed storyline. Here are four things to look out for as the drama approaches the second half of its run.

Spoiler

“Tempted” tells the story of Kwon Shi Hyun (played by Woo Do Hwan) who tries to seduce Eun Tae Hee (played by Red Velvet’s Joy) in order to win a bet to marry his soon-to-be step-sister Choi Soo Ji (played by Moon Ga Young).

When will Kwon Shi Hyun tell Eun Tae Hee the truth about the temptation game?

What started out as a game of seduction has turned into a blossoming relationship between Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee. A part of him can’t fully revel in his newfound love due to his secret that he only originally pursued her to win the temptation game.

In a previous episode, as he looked at his first love, Kwon Shi Hyun said to himself, “When winter returns, will it be alright for me to be by your side? One day, you’ll find out about the enormous lie inside of me. I’m scared for the first time.”

Will he be able to overcome his fear and tell her the truth? Will she still be able to stay with him after finding out the truth?

When will Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee find out about their parents’ relationship?

Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee’s fate stems from their parents’ generation. His dad Suk Woo (played by Shin Sung Woo) and her mom Young Won (played by Jeon Mi Sun) are each other’s first loves. After reuniting in two years, they realized that their love for one another remained the same.

The only one who knows about these two’s relationship is the daughter of Suk Woo’s fiancee Mi Ri (played by Kim Seo Hyung) and Kwon Shi Hyun’s best friend Choi Soo Ji. It’s unknown when others will find out about Suk Woo and Young Won’s relationship.

All his life, Kwon Shi Hyun has sought revenge after seeing his late mother suffer from his heartbreak due to Suk Woo’s other woman. Eun Tae Hee also became cynical about love after seeing her parents divorce after watching her mom choose her first love over her husband.

When will Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee find out about their parents’ relationship? What will they do once they find out?

What is the relationship between Eun Tae Hee and Kwon Shi Hyun’s mom regarding the car accident two years ago?

Kwon Shi Hyun’s mom passed away two years ago in a car accident. He, however, found out recently that there are no records of an accident under this car and that police records state the victim as a female high school student instead of a middle-aged woman.

When he went to Mi Ri to ask her about this, Kwon Shi Hyun was shocked to hear that his mom was the assailant of a hit-and-run which was covered up by his dad’s company JK Group.

Eun Tae Hee was also involved in a hit-and-run two years ago which gave her trauma about car accidents. As the drama continues, the two car accidents are coming to a head. What is the truth about the hit-and-run accident? What effect will it have on Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee’s relationship?

What will happen to the friendship of Kwon Shi Hyun, Choi Soo Ji, and Lee Se Joo (Kim Min Jae)?

The rebellious  Kwon Shi Hyun, Choi Soo Ji, and Lee Se Joo have been best friends since they were young and shared everything with one another. Since the temptation game started, Kwon Shi Hyun hid the fact that he was falling in love with Eun Tae Hee from his two best friends.

He also set boundaries with Choi Soo Ji by telling her that they’re just friends, but she was still unable to sort out her feelings for him. Lee Se Joo has also had a crush on Choi Soo Ji for a while and has finally begun to act on them.

What will happen to Kwon Shi Hyun and Choi Soo Ji’s, and Choi Soo Ji and Lee Se Joo’s relationships?

A source from the drama said, “Starting from episodes 17 and 18, the secrets surrounding Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee will be revealed one by one. The tragedies that 20-year-olds Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee have to face and their sad love story will draw tears from the audience. We ask for your interest and support as ‘Tempted” starts its second half.”

“Tempted” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST. Watch the latest episode below!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

A source from the drama said, “Starting from episodes 17 and 18, the secrets surrounding Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee will be revealed one by one. The tragedies that 20-year-olds Kwon Shi Hyun and Eun Tae Hee have to face and their sad love story will draw tears from the audience. We ask for your interest and support as ‘Tempted” starts its second half.” Please don’t make it in tragedy for them like the others book adaptations  :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Sad 8

In case I missed it, which I think I did.

The part where SJ saw the necklace that TH was wearing and she knew it was from SH's mom.

Does anyone know where exactly it is?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

In case I missed it, which I think I did.

The part where SJ saw the necklace that TH was wearing and she knew it was from SH's mom.

Does anyone know where exactly it is?

Should be tonight's episode right? Where TH was all dressed up in red to meet SH and friends. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dramagirlslove said:

hmm.. i think so.. and why I feel SH's father will have a car accident.. because of yesterday eps when SH's father drove in the car and suddenly his vision blurred..

and I want to ask whether in novel version or other film adaption that SH's father has a illness with his sight? :huh:

and is it possible if writer-nim change the ending ? :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had watched ep 19 just minutes ago and it is truly a heartbreaking episode. Never did it cross my mind that i would cry when i watch this drama because of the messy plots with lots of flaw in editing and Joy lack of acting skills particularly in emoting. But i did. Twice. And both are because of Joy. The first one was when TH ask her father to stop loving her mother and the second one was at the last seconds of yesterday's episode. It was painful to watch both TH and SH at that scene but i keep on repeating the scene. The scene where TH stands up and ask SH if he doesn't like her anymore. It looks simple and the words were plain, yet the emotions in it were so strong and painful. There was no need for TH to cry, yell, or talk a lot, beating around the bush. She keeps it simple and straightforwardly asking the question. TH is so strong and knows her values. She is honest, simple and straightforward. And these are the reason why i love her so much. I just can't find any reasons for me to hate on her character. I don't even understand why people keep on saying that her characters are boring.

SH broke my heart too when he hesitates to answer that question and his eyes brimming with tears. I can see how scared he is to answer that question because he knows that he might losing her forever if he says no. Kwon Shi Hyun, i pity on you and my heart breaks for you, but this time around i really want to see you work hard if you ever want to be with TH again. I want you to taste the feeling of regrets for letting go TH's hand by stomping on her pride in front of your friends. I can understand your reason but i can't understand your method.

Choi Soo Ji, i have my pity for you on last week, but, you are really getting  on the nerves.I know that your mother's miserable life makes you like this, but you can't destroy innocent people's lives in exchange for  your happiness. Your mother choose to live that life, so why would you want others live that kind of life too. I really want her to see how wrong she is all this time and how messed up she has made her life be. 

• Like 4