Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

@kaoriharang chingu thanks for the clips.. I m proud of Tae Hee.. I have yet to watch the episodes.. But seeing the preview made me feel pride on Tae Hee.. Whatever might be the reason Shi Hyun has.. I m not gonna forgive him easily if he hasn't got a proper reason behind it!! Will give my full views after watching episodes

@stroppyse thanks for the speedy translation as always.. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Tae Hee said she would never forgive the person that caused her accident. But the person who caused the accident is no longer alive. Sins of the mother is not sins of the son. Tae Hee would have never blamed him. Shi Hyun didn't think this through tbh 

Who's caused the car accident it was So Ji mom. Si Hyun and Tae Hee should find out about that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ParvinStar said:

It doesn’t seem TH moving out from SH place though. And she is still wearing the necklace, look at the scene in nursery where they are looking at the SH painting on the plate, honestly after watching the whole episode I don’t hate SH, his eyes were so tears at the end when Th told him now you came to hate me?  I know he is doing the noble idiocy act  but from what I understood TH mother told SH what’s the point of apologizing if the relationship won’t work. That’s why I said in the previous post that TH mother was bad influence :D like woman you are not in a position to give love advice to young people 

Your right! I hope she doesn’t forgive him right away.  At least I hope they don’t get back together especially if the bet still hasn’t been exposed. 

• Like 4

Can we just talk about for a minute how AMAZINGLY EXCELLENT Do Hwan's acting on this scene? Like you can see Shi Hyun's internal struggle while also depicting a cold hearted man. Like DAMN! And props for JOY too. She held her own. Her acting has improved. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Who's caused the car accident it was So Ji mom. Si Hyun and Tae Hee should find out about that.

yeah exactly,

If SJ's mom killed SH's mother then she could not have been the one to cause the accident. So I am really not sure who but I think its SJ's mom.

12 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@kaoriharang chingu thanks for the clips.. I m proud of Tae Hee.. I have yet to watch the episodes.. But seeing the preview made me feel pride on Tae Hee.. Whatever might be the reason Shi Hyun has.. I m not gonna forgive him easily if he hasn't got a proper reason behind it!! Will give my full views after watching episodes

ah your welcome chingu (:

haha sigh, yeah exactly. SH needs to suffer a bit before anything.

TH is fierce I like that.

• Like 5

Can someone check? Because in Tae Hee's flashback from her accident, the car on the scene was white/gray. Meaning MiRi's car... I know that this isn't SH mom's doing. I just feel it. But then again it can also be MiRi passing by Tae Hee because she saw SH's mom in the accident. 

• Like 7

So many ppl missunderstand SH motive. it's not about the bet but the car accident. SH clearly loves TH, he said it himself in front of his mom grave. .I think he would be more hurting than TH, because of the car accident his mom died and TH get a trauma. He break up also because he feel guilty, and he keep this secret by himself. I think I'm the only one here who feel really bad for SH.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

As much as I understand SH pain, you believe the mother you love was the one that caused the love of your life now to hurt. He was also sort of encouraged by TH's mother because of their conversation - that some secrets are best not to be said and that some people arent destined to be together.

The method in which SH chose to carry out his plan was cruel. I guess he wanted to make sure that he thoroughly broke and that TH also knows that he is breaking up with her. Perhaps he doesnt wish to waver from this decision hence he chose to most cruel method possible to make sure he does not change his mind.

I agree, while it's understandable that he feels guilty... he needs to look at what's right in front of him, Taehee is alive and well. While she said she can't forgive the person who did it, it's more because of the fact that it was a hit and run. I would say the same thing if someone hit me and did not even check to see if I was alive. But TH would never hold it against SH, because in the end TH survived and is now fine. It would be a different situation if it was someone beloved to taehee that got hit and died, because of course there is lasting damage that cannot be made up for then. If I was SH, and I suspected my mom had hurt TH in the past, I would make amends by being the best I could be to her... I think that's the best way to make up for such a wrong. The way he did it was just not right... I think the emotional pain he caused her would actually last just as long as the trauma caused by the car accident. Sure they're very different things, one put her in physical hardship the other more emotional, but they both leave invisible scars. So I like Shihyun, but I do want him to suffer the consequences while she lives well. She can do it, she's a strong girl.

• Like 6

@kaoriharang, ugh, you did have to cause me to watch that clip of SH crying, and thus breaking my heart just a little more from him already. Your translation was good, but there were a few subtle things, so here is another translation of just SH's portion in the clip with a couple of comments.

SH's words to his mother at her grave:

Mom, I’m sorry for coming only after such a long time. You’re watching over me, aren’t you?  

However… if you’re watching over me… then do you also know how much my heart is hurting? I have so many things to ask you. How could you not tell me anything and just go like this? During all this time, I’ve never blamed mom even once. I hadn’t! But, why in the world did you do it? She’s the first person I’ve liked in my life… Why did you do that to that child? If you were watching me meeting Tae Hee, you should have stopped me. You should have stopped it so that I couldn’t meet her…

No, that's not it. Mom shouldn’t feel sorry to me. Since mom probably had it the hardest. To Tae Hee… To Tae Hee… Before we can become sorrier to her, I’ll take care of it.

So, he's basically saying that he's never questioned how she died or blamed her for leaving him until now when he's hurting and has these questions for her. Also, it's significant that he says "before we can become sorrier to her" (or more apologetic to her) since he's assuming his mother's guilt as well as his own for what he thinks his mother did. And, so that is why he's determined to make TH hate him rather than have her love the son of a person that she's determined to hate. As you speculated, that's why SH chose such a cruel method to break up with TH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

So many ppl missunderstand SH motive. it's not about the bet but the car accident. SH clearly loves TH, he said it himself in front of his mom grave. .I think he would be more hurting than TH, because of the car accident his mom died and TH get a trauma. He break up also because he feel guilty, and he keep this secret by himself. I think I'm the only one here who feel really bad for SH.

No Chinguya, most of us here feels bad for him too. We know his internal struggle and his intentions doing so. But I also think that most of us wanted him to have handled the situation better. A little honesty goes a long way. He ended things with her with another lie. Heck even their relationship started with a lie. And he keeps doing things to break TH's trust. I break for Shi Hyun but I hope he handles the upcoming revelations better. 

Also, he walked away. I know he did it to protect her but I would rather have him fight for them. I would rather see him treat her 1000x better knowing what his mother suposedly did to make up to her. 

• Like 6

Video Preview for Ep 19 & 20...

Tae-hee thinking aloud as Shi-hyun pretends not to see her as she walks past him....

Tae-hee : Now, is he intending to pretend that he doesn't know me...

Tae-hee continues saying : No...he doesn't need to pretend that he knows me...After all, we have already broken up...

Soo-ji to Se-joo : Shi Hyun...has he really liked Tae-hee before...

Se-joo : Regarding this, Eun Tae-hee is the one who should know best....

Soo-ji continues saying : A person's heart is hard to fathom...

Soo-ji continues to say : If he really likes her, how can he even do such a thing?

Tae-hee assuring herself as she says : It's alright...from today onwards, don't ever mention this (implying Shi-hyun) in front of me...

Tae-hee continues : Even without falling in love, I won't die also....

Tae-hee : Didn't you say that it's not me that you're angry with...

Tae-hee : Since that's not the case, why would you dislike me all of a sudden? 

Tae-hee : Why did you hug me? Why did you prepare breakfast for me? 

Tae-hee : Why did it turn out this way?

Tae-hee exclaims loud : Yah! Kwon Shi-hyun is really such a jerk!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think whats make Si Hyun decision to stay away with Tae Hee because Tae Hee mom saying something too. I know Tae Hee mom wasnt talking about them but it looks like Si Hyun thinking what's she said. Can you translate to us @stroppyse

@MinLyn

• Like 3

@MinLyn hello Chingu. Thank you so so so much for the translation but I think Se Joo wasn't talking to Soo Ji but with Gyeong Ju. 

• Like 2

@Pikachu92, here is the translation for the clip that you wanted.

Se Joo: A child who isn’t even contactable whenever anything happens with Shi Hyun, but I am very easy for you.
Soo Ji: Hey, Lee Se Joo, as you’ve always said, in our relationship, there can’t be things like love or any of that. You said that with your mouth! Not to date and then cry and fight, but to just sleep together once and then to forget it. Yah, it just can’t be. Okay?
Se Joo: What have I done to you? (me: He’s regretting his cavalier words from before to her about sleeping together and forgetting about it instead of dating or being in love.)
Soo Ji: Hm? Why are you laughing? I didn’t hear it.
Se Joo: No. It can’t be. It can’t. Then, do you want to sleep once and forget it? Shall we go upstairs?
Soo JI: Hey! Even in our relationship, there is joking that you shouldn’t do.

TH Mother: While watching this painting go up, my feelings of depression had lifted. It seems your mood is also not that good. Is that pretty girl doing well? Your girlfriend.
SH: Yes. She’s doing well.
Mother: Something must have happened with that friend to cause you to be upset. Those will all disappear as you get older.
SH: To that child, something happened that I’m so sorry for.
Mother: Try apologizing. A man who apologizes properly is an awesome man.
SH: It’s a situation where I can’t do that.
Mother: I have something that I want an apology for. I had found out what a person whom I liked had been hiding from me. Isn’t that funny? That at my age, because of a person I like, that I’m feeling so upset.
SH: What were you like after you found out? Were you angry?
Mother: At first, I was angry because I thought he had been deceiving me. But thinking that he had been hiding it from me, I became sad. Since it’s something that he wasn’t able to tell me.
SH: If he apologizes, will you accept it?
Mother: Things like that have no meaning. Since we can’t be anyway, I’m just in the middle of thinking it over. If I tell him that I know his secret, I won’t even be able to see him any more.
SH: I also have something I’m hiding from that child.
Mother: If it were me, then I would either tell her everything, or else I would stop before I was found out. Since not knowing may cause less heartache.

Interesting that in the first conversation, Soo Ji keeps talking only about her and SH's relationship until the very end when she only addresses her relationship with Se Joo to tell him off. Poor Se Joo.

As for SH's talk with TH's mother, I agree that it's her advice as well that causes SH to be so extreme in the way he finishes it with TH. Btw, does SH know yet that TH's mother is TH's mother?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ParvinStar said:

It doesn’t seem TH moving out from SH place though. And she is still wearing the necklace, look at the scene in nursery where they are looking at the SH painting on the plate, honestly after watching the whole episode I don’t hate SH, his eyes were so tears at the end when Th told him now you came to hate me?  I know he is doing the noble idiocy act  but from what I understood TH mother told SH what’s the point of apologizing if the relationship won’t work. That’s why I said in the previous post that TH mother was bad influence :D like woman you are not in a position to give love advice to young people 

If that's true, then she's probably reminiscing about either her relationship with Tae Hee or SH's Dad or even his mom about apologies. 

BUT Do Hwan is killing it at the sad puppy look. doing great at each emotions!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, leeeeeecx said:

Can someone check? Because in Tae Hee's flashback from her accident, the car on the scene was white/gray. Meaning MiRi's car... I know that this isn't SH mom's doing. I just feel it. But then again it can also be MiRi passing by Tae Hee because she saw SH's mom in the accident. 

The car in TH flashback is silver/grey and has liscense plate number beginning with 94-.  She is begging " Don't Go", so I believe that this car is the car that hit TH.  SH Mom's car is red and has liscense plate beginning with 87-.  So it can't be SH Mom, in my opinion.  SJ Mom's car is silver/ grey but we don't see liscense plate on her car. However, I fully believe that SJ Mom is the hit & run driver.  She was  very nervous when SH talked about the hit & run accident at the hospital-so shows her guilt, in my opinion. SJ Mom fell asleep at the wheel and then hit SH Mom's car. The impact of the crash woke her up and then she exit her car to check on the other car. So it wasn't a case where SJ Mom ignore TH because she see SH Mom. I think SJ Mom was zoned out/asleep and somehow hit TH but didn't stop because she did not realize she ran over someone. To her, it probably felt like a bump in the road feeling. It is only the impact of her crashing into SH Mom's car that wakes her up. Somehow SJ Mom realize she do the hit & run later. The mystery is what happened to SH Mom since it looked like she was alive at the time of the accident? Did SJ Mom actually kill her? I think perhaps SJ Mom lie to SH Dad that she saw SH Mom do the hit & run, and that is why he help her cover up the accident.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@Pikachu92, here is the translation for the clip that you wanted.

Se Joo: A child who isn’t even contactable whenever anything happens with Shi Hyun, but I am very easy for you.
Soo Ji: Hey, Lee Se Joo, as you’ve always said, in our relationship, there can’t be things like love or any of that. You said that with your mouth! Not to date and then cry and fight, but to just sleep together once and then to forget it. Yah, it just can’t be. Okay?
Se Joo: What have I done to you? (me: He’s regretting his cavalier words from before to her about sleeping together and forgetting about it instead of dating or being in love.)
Soo Ji: Hm? Why are you laughing? I didn’t hear it.
Se Joo: No. It can’t be. It can’t. Then, do you want to sleep once and forget it? Shall we go upstairs?
Soo JI: Hey! Even in our relationship, there is joking that you shouldn’t do.

TH Mother: While watching this painting go up, my feelings of depression had lifted. It seems your mood is also not that good. Is that pretty girl doing well? Your girlfriend.
SH: Yes. She’s doing well.
Mother: Something must have happened with that friend to cause you to be upset. Those will all disappear as you get older.
SH: To that child, something happened that I’m so sorry for.
Mother: Try apologizing. A man who apologizes properly is an awesome man.
SH: It’s a situation where I can’t do that.
Mother: I have something that I want an apology for. I had found out what a person whom I liked had been hiding from me. Isn’t that funny? That at my age, because of a person I like, that I’m feeling so upset.
SH: What were you like after you found out? Were you angry?
Mother: At first, I was angry because I thought he had been deceiving me. But thinking that he had been hiding it from me, I became sad. Since it’s something that he wasn’t able to tell me.
SH: If he apologizes, will you accept it?
Mother: Things like that have no meaning. Since we can’t be anyway, I’m just in the middle of thinking it over. If I tell him that I know his secret, I won’t even be able to see him any more.
SH: I also have something I’m hiding from that child.
Mother: If it were me, then I would either tell her everything, or else I would stop before I was found out. Since not knowing may cause less heartache.

Interesting that in the first conversation, Soo Ji keeps talking only about her and SH's relationship until the very end when she only addresses her relationship with Se Joo to tell him off. Poor Se Joo.

As for SH's talk with TH's mother, I agree that it's her advice as well that causes SH to be so extreme in the way he finishes it with TH. Btw, does SH know yet that TH's mother is TH's mother?

thank you chingu again :D such fast work!

I really just dont get Se Joo-SJ's relationship. That poor boy, he is completely never going to get her heart at least not right now. All she can see is SH, and only him.

I guess after it gets translated, the mother caused him to go extreme.

Either tell TH everything or tell her nothing. Gosh I hate that he went the other way.

No chingu, SH doesnt know that she is TH's mother.

56 minutes ago, biancapot said:

I agree, while it's understandable that he feels guilty... he needs to look at what's right in front of him, Taehee is alive and well. While she said she can't forgive the person who did it, it's more because of the fact that it was a hit and run. I would say the same thing if someone hit me and did not even check to see if I was alive. But TH would never hold it against SH, because in the end TH survived and is now fine. It would be a different situation if it was someone beloved to taehee that got hit and died, because of course there is lasting damage that cannot be made up for then. If I was SH, and I suspected my mom had hurt TH in the past, I would make amends by being the best I could be to her... I think that's the best way to make up for such a wrong. The way he did it was just not right... I think the emotional pain he caused her would actually last just as long as the trauma caused by the car accident. Sure they're very different things, one put her in physical hardship the other more emotional, but they both leave invisible scars. So I like Shihyun, but I do want him to suffer the consequences while she lives well. She can do it, she's a strong girl.

you are absolutely right chingu.

Indeed, that guilt - I get it, I do.

In TH's mind the person who hit her, ran off. As such she cannot forgive the person. But if the mother got hurt in anyway as a result of that hit and run, I doubt TH would have held it against her at all.

I agree, emotional TH suffered and become traumatize, so I dont blame her for those emotions. But I think if SH had explained what he knows and the situation, I believe TH wouldnt have held it against him or her.

TH is not a cruel or heartless girl, she understands.

Of course personally, I doubt it was SH's mom - afterall it was a lie that SJ's mom said.

54 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@kaoriharang, ugh, you did have to cause me to watch that clip of SH crying, and thus breaking my heart just a little more from him already. Your translation was good, but there were a few subtle things, so here is another translation of just SH's portion in the clip with a couple of comments.

SH's words to his mother at her grave:

Mom, I’m sorry for coming only after such a long time. You’re watching over me, aren’t you?  

However… if you’re watching over me… then do you also know how much my heart is hurting? I have so many things to ask you. How could you not tell me anything and just go like this? During all this time, I’ve never blamed mom even once. I hadn’t! But, why in the world did you do it? She’s the first person I’ve liked in my life… Why did you do that to that child? If you were watching me meeting Tae Hee, you should have stopped me. You should have stopped it so that I couldn’t meet her…

No, that's not it. Mom shouldn’t feel sorry to me. Since mom probably had it the hardest. To Tae Hee… To Tae Hee… Before we can become sorrier to her, I’ll take care of it.

So, he's basically saying that he's never questioned how she died or blamed her for leaving him until now when he's hurting and has these questions for her. Also, it's significant that he says "before we can become sorrier to her" (or more apologetic to her) since he's assuming his mother's guilt as well as his own for what he thinks his mother did. And, so that is why he's determined to make TH hate him rather than have her love the son of her father's killer (as he believes). As you speculated, that's why SH chose such a cruel method to break up with TH.

hehe im sorry chingu,

giphy.gif

it was hard for me to watch the clip as well.

thank you for correcting my translation, i figure it wasnt the most accurate.

gosh, i feel just soooooo angry at him, as in I understand why he did it, but he also has to realise that the guilt is not a good enough reason to break the girl you love's heart.

42 minutes ago, MinLyn said:

Video Preview for Ep 19 & 20...

Tae-hee thinking aloud as Shi-hyun pretends not to see her as she walks past him....

Tae-hee : Now, is he intending to pretend that he doesn't know me...

Tae-hee continues saying : No...he doesn't need to pretend that he knows me...After all, we have already broken up...

Soo-ji to Se-joo : Shi Hyun...has he really liked Tae-hee before...

Se-joo : Regarding this, Eun Tae-hee is the one who should know best....

Soo-ji continues saying : A person's heart is hard to fathom...

Soo-ji continues to say : If he really likes her, how can he even do such a thing?

Tae-hee assuring herself as she says : It's alright...from today onwards, don't ever mention this (implying Shi-hyun) in front of me...

Tae-hee continues : Even without falling in love, I won't die also....

Tae-hee : Didn't you say that it's not me that you're angry with...

Tae-hee : Since that's not the case, why would you dislike me all of a sudden? 

Tae-hee : Why did you hug me? Why did you prepare breakfast for me? 

Tae-hee : Why did it turn out this way?

Tae-hee exclaims loud : Yah! Kwon Shi-hyun is really such a jerk!

thank you for the translation chingu (:

I really hope I survive tomorrow's episode. my guess is that our couple will be apart until next week...

9 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

The car in TH flashback is silver/grey and has liscense plate number beginning with 94-.  She is begging " Don't Go", so I believe that this car is the car that hit TH.  SH Mom's car is red and has liscense plate beginning with 87-.  So it can't be SH Mom, in my opinion.  SJ Mom's car is silver/ grey but we don't see liscense plate on her car. However, I fully believe that SJ Mom is the hit & run driver.  She was  very nervous when SH talked about the hit & run accident at the hospital-so shows her guilt, in my opinion. SJ Mom fell asleep at the wheel and then hit SH Mom's car. The impact of the crash woke her up and then she exit her car to check on the other car. So it wasn't a case where SJ Mom ignore TH because she see SH Mom. I think SJ Mom was zoned out/asleep and somehow hit TH but didn't stop because she did not realize she ran over someone. To her, it probably felt like a bump in the road feeling. It is only the impact of her crashing into SH Mom's car that wakes her up. Somehow SJ Mom realize she do the hit & run later. The mystery is what happened to SH Mom since it looked like she was alive at the time of the accident? Did SJ Mom actually kill her? I think perhaps SJ Mom lie to SH Dad that she saw SH Mom do the hit & run, and that is why he help her cover up the accident.

thanks for helping us check

I knew it had to be SJ's mom. We can see clearly that SH's mom got into an accident with SJ's mom that lead to her death right. The company covered it up because of who and how she died. (my guess)

And clearly, when SH was talking to SJ's mom, she made it seem that the hit and run case was what killed his mother, when we know for a FACT that is not the case.

I believe that at least TH's hit and run - SH's mom are unrelated.

• Like 3

Tae Hee asked to speak to him outside to see if he's acting this way because of his DNA secret. He told her to just say it there but she didn't anyway. Tae Hee is still so loyal that she doesn't expose him even though he's doing this to her. And it's interesting how Tae Hee knows that even though these are his best friends, yet deep down she knows Shi Hyun never told them his DNA test. 

• Like 7