Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

@USAFarmgirl your posts always deserve multy :heart::thumbsup: that we don't have as a reaction option sadly!!

36 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

HAHA, especially since SH keeps on calling himself a beast right? Though why do I get the feeling that SH isnt so practise as he appears to be huh?

well because he isn't!! :lol::tongue:

Spoiler

and my brain stoped fonctioning the second I saw Damon Salvator's gif!! :love: shame on you, you shouldn't do that to my weak heart!! :tongue:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

@USAFarmgirl your posts always deserve multy :heart::thumbsup: that we don't have as a reaction option sadly!!

well because he isn't!! :lol::tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

and my brain stoped fonctioning the second I saw Damon Salvator's gif!! :love: shame on you, you shouldn't do that to my weak heart!! :tongue:

haha yeah i bet you he is as cute as a cat in bed :tongue: hahah! well we will find out come monday if what we get what we think may come haha!

oh does someone have a soft spot (:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

haha yeah i bet you he is as cute as a cat in bed :tongue: hahah! well we will find out come monday if what we get what we think may come haha!

oh does someone have a soft spot (:

hhhhhhh we can't tell for sure can we now?!! maybe we'll find out when that day comes!! :wink::tongue:

ahhhh DON'T!! yeah I have a weak spot!! :blush::tongue:

OST 3 isn't out yet?!! I loved the little I heared of it!! :wub:

• Like 7

Lots to discuss. I love how Shi Hyun and Tae Hee now have each other's number as their passcode even though Tae Hee would still like him to knock and she'll decide whether to let him in or not (what a queen). The parallels are so transparent. Remember in ep 2 where Soo Ji has a nervous breakdown and bleed profusely over broken glass and Shi Hyun had to comfort her? He was calm and collected. Well now Tae Hee dodged a ball for him and got a tiny cut and he told her that if she does that again he'll cry. He cares for her so much over a tiny cut versus when Soo Ji was bleeding more out of her hand. That was satisfying to see. And despite the fact that I think Soo Ji and Shi Hyun are toxic together, I liked the conversation they had this episode. You can see the vibe between them has changed. Shi Hyun tells her he's going to try hard to make something of his life (because of Tae Hee) and Soo Ji gives him a weird look. I feel like Shi Hyun is free of any emotional baggage he had towards her now that he knows what to classify the type of love he feels for her: friendship and childhood upbringing. Of course the problem is still there, but he feels more free. The trio slowly letting go of their toxic friendship and letting other people into their lives. Shi Hyun letting Tae Hee into his heart, finally becoming a priority (as seen by Shi Hyun putting the marshmallows in the cabinet, signifying that Tae Hee taking priority over Soo Ji in his heart since Tae Hee doesn't like it while Soo Ji does). Soo Ji developing a real friendship with the heiress girl. Se Joo also developing a friendship with Tae Hee's friend. I just think how amazing that Tae Hee, someone who is completely unaware of the bet, shook the trio's friendship to its core which stemmed from the fact that Shi Hyun can't seem to let her go. Also I think it's completely ironic that the trio set out to hurt this girl, yet it seems she's the only one happy in her own little world. Shi Hyun worried about her finding out. Soo Ji worried about her mom. Se Joo still trying to win Soo Ji's affection. Tae Hee is the only one happy. That's karma. 

• Like 14

Oh ! I'm just finish eps 15-16 tonight with subtitle . and I found something that me think while watching. :huh: It's a scene with cologne. 

In the eps , TH mom say to SH dad that she likes so much the smell of cologne of SH dad's used. and she tell that how it was when she first met with his husband (TH Dad),she talked him (TH Dad) "what cologne do you use ?"

In the other scene when TH with his dad , her dad recall their memories first time when he met his wife (TH Mom) about cologne too.

27stfm.gif

and he tell to Tae Hee a secret about that cologne :

27stak.gif

And in another scene when TH and SH together.

27stus.gif

and because all of the scene with cologne make me wonder what if a postgraduated student who liked TH Dad is SH mom ??  :ph34r::ph34r: 

I think the writer already give us a hint in secret and with secret again which make me confused and curious what will happen. ouuuhhh it's complicated enough B):D but I'm looking forward for the next eps :lol: and beside the story and of course with woo do hwan and Joy's chemistry and another cast too MGY and KMJ I find that interesting to continue watched this drama until the end to see what a ending will be. :D:lol:

cr. kocowa

• Like 11

Guys in a scene where KJ is telling  SH that she know what they did that night is she referring to the hospital night that SH and TH slept together? 

I hope the writer keep showing us this realistic /new generation relationship type. I totally didn’t expect the writer to show us those hospital scenes, usually either they don’t show it or if they do it’s much later in the drama but here as if it’s no big deal so I really expect them to show us something juicier for the next episode. I love how SH is so straightforward with his emotions and desires with TH and he is really touchy  even from the very beginning. 

And regarding his feeling for SJ I think it became clear that he don’t see her as a woman in the scene with sejo in the fishing place where he confessed he didn’t and COULD not kiss SJ. 

Thanks for the gifs chingus I try to make some too when I get time :wub:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 13

Such a beautiful and smiling couple....sparkly...:wub:

The scene with the marshmallow just shows a habit, nothing more.

SH moved the jar over, he is rejecting old habits and making room for new ones, like

cold rice with instant noodles.

• Like 13

Hi chinguyas! I'll just drop in again on my theory about the ratings situation.

Not alot of people between teens to early twenties-adults watch TV anymore. I think. Well in my case, the last time I watched TV was LAST YEAR. I only watched EPs through streaming or some through downloading. Their overall ratings (like Social Media traffic, ratings or any form of tracking for buzz) is pretty high. More than any other non-cable show as of the moment [if I'm not mistaken]. Their product placements are selling. Which is more important because it's means they are profitable. Yes TV ratings are GOOD but what is better is that they are selling. It's the main reason they have sponsors for the show. And if they are profitable, more opportunities will come soon. 

Their main demographic is not on TV but are on the internet. It would be a blessing if the ratings go up in a drastic manner but since this is a teen/adult show I highly doubt it but internet traffic will get larger overtime. This is a new era of entertainment. Where TV is slowly becoming the new radio. 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

Someone said Wo Do Hwan at Thailand airport .

What's he's doing there?

Isn't park seo joon with him? The vid is blurry, but if it is they said he just got a movie with PSJ so it may be connected?

regarding ratings, i feel like the cast was aware it would have a hard time with tv ratings... that's why whenever they were asked to make a ratings pledge they never made a promise and even said let's get to 10% first and worry about the pledge only if we get there. I think it's fine. They're doing well online and with ads

16 hours ago, booo28 said:

and because all of the scene with cologne make me wonder what if a postgraduated student who liked TH Dad is SH mom ??  :ph34r::ph34r: 

I think the writer already give us a hint in secret and with secret again which make me confused and curious what will happen. ouuuhhh it's complicated enough B):D but I'm looking forward for the next eps :lol: and beside the story and of course with woo do hwan and Joy's chemistry and another cast too MGY and KMJ I find that interesting to continue watched this drama until the end to see what a ending will be. :D:lol:

cr. kocowa

If grad student was SH's mom it makes no sense to give the cologne of another guy you know to someone you like... that cologne was used by SH's dad since he was with his first love, so definitely it wasn't given originally to SH's dad by SH's mom. And TH's parents met when she was still getting over a broken heart. So the grad student gave the cologne to TH's dad when TH's mom and SH's dad were still together. So was it that grad student mom knew SH's dad when he was still together with TH's mom, and she liked his cologne and thought, "oh what nice cologne, let me give it to the kyusunim whom i like"? Then TH's mom and SH's dad broke up, then SH's mom fell for SH's dad after liking TH's dad and giving him the cologne of SH's dad (whom she hadn't liked before, but liked his cologne enough to give it to TH's dad). Then TH's parents met and she liked his cologne because it was the same cologne used by SH's dad. Both parents get married and have a child at almost the same time. i assume they had a child quickly if it was a marriage based on initial infatuation or rebound from another relationship.

LOL i tried to write and rewrite it so many times to make sense but it doesn't so what i wrote is a confusing mess, which shows how little sense that makes. The timelines don't work, and so i think either the writer is adding a red herring to mislead people, or if it is an actual point then it is badly added into the story rn. I have no theory who SH's real dad is, but I am guessing SH's mom was in a one-sided love with SH's dad from when he was still with his first love, and somehow a pregnancy got them married. This is a common trope, girl gets pregnant (by mistake, when they were drunk, on purpose, etc.) and guy has to marry her to take responsibility. So i am guessing the reason why dad is so angry at both mom and Shihyun is because he was trapped/backed into the marriage and then found out that she wasn't even really pregnant with his child. Or there the route of mom was pregnant and her parents asked to arrange a marriage with SH's dad too so mom could save face.

edit: sorry for consecutive posts. I have no idea how to copy everything to merge with previous post...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, biancapot said:

LOL i tried to write and rewrite it so many times to make sense but it doesn't so what i wrote is a confusing mess, which shows how little sense that makes. The timelines don't work, and so i think either the writer is adding a red herring to mislead people, or if it is an actual point then it is badly added into the story rn.

@biancapot HAHAHA :lol: you're not alone chingu , I am also confused just like you when I'm wrote that. :lol::lol: 

• Like 5

Fan made video of the otp I found in YouTube 

By the way, did anyone pay attention to the rumors the lawer ex-boyfreind was telling TH? That KSH was hospitalized because of side effects of the new drug? Was is just a rumor or SH is in fact sick? I mean who get hospitalized for being drunk? Is writer foreshadowing SH illness? I hope it is not the case though but many mentioned the tragic ending of the original story and whether the writer would choose the same ending?

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ParvinStar said:

Fan made video of the otp I found in YouTube 

By the way, did anyone pay attention to the rumors the lawer ex-boyfreind was telling TH? That KSH was hospitalized because of side effects of the new drug? Was is just a rumor or SH is in fact sick? I mean who get hospitalized for being drunk? Is writer foreshadowing SH illness? I hope it is not the case though but many mentioned the tragic ending of the original story and whether the writer would choose the same ending?

If my memory serves me right, ex- lawyer said that he was hospitalized due to drug intake. The internet and newspaper published and believe that as well. But I thinks SH just drunk alot of alcohol. Lets hope that he did not inherit his moms illness. I believe she had a heart problem. Or my crazy idea is that SJ mom is experimenting the new drug on him lol.

I think the writer forshadowed SH death alot and I'm afraid of the ending because I feel like the writer will follow through the original ending too.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos, thanks! :)
  • Sad 2

K-Drama Reaction: The Great Seducer | Episodes 13-14

screenshot_2018-04-07-01-40-06-e15230374

THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS

Eun Tae-hee (Joy) is just like the most of us when it comes to love. She said that she’d get over Kwon Si-hyun (Woo Do-hwan), but she still ended up in his arms again. I thought this “let’s stop this” phase would take much longer for them to have enough time to feel the pain and longing for each other so I’m quite surprised that the reconciliation came right away. But I’m still happy that Tae-hee and Si-hyun are now officially dating. At least it’s now clear where they stand in each other’s lives.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/07/k-drama-reaction-the-great-seducer-episodes-13-14/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1