Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

Finally I signed in so I can comment and react to your posts :)

I can see that WDH doesn't have so many fans yet. Not so many gif of him or the OTP here. I also have to admit I didn't know him and had not watched his other drama for which he won the best new actor award, Mad dog. But I am his new fan and definitely follow his works from now on.

I have comment on why SH is attracted to TH, it is just my thoughts though. SH was a total mama boy and he have this pain of losing his mother when he was a teenager. I noticed he becomes a real kid in front of TH. He needs a nurturing partner a person who look after him who takes care of him. From what we know his father was most of the time absent in his life and his mother was sick and in hospital so he grew up very lonely. and not having someone whom he can rely on. I remember the pool scene where he told TH you are really an adult.    In a clear contrast to SJ character. For SH, TH has this perfect combination of a nurturing mother and a sexy woman figure which he needs. 

• Like 5

Woo Do Hwan is a hottie mc hottie. 

He's like Woo Bin, Ryu Jun Yeol, and Seo Kang Joon all mixed together. 

I think this drama despite the criticisms and the low ratings, is still helping with target fanbase creation for him. He's just my style and he's hard working. From supporting, to a part of lead, to main lead....love him. Just backing off bc my best friend claimed him first lol

• Like 9

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder whether the "lie" refers to him not being his father's son. Does he know that TH knows because she saw the paper airplane? Or does the "lie" refer to his dad and TH's mom? I haven't watched the episode yet so not sure. I assume with the way this drama has turned, however, that SH and TH will still be together at the end, given that the bet has been nullified so quickly?

Thank you. :) i think its about the bet, he's still keep a secret about their relationship. About he's not JK group son, since Tae Hee realize it and act like nothing happen..it means she doesnt care about that.

I know it will be some big conflict later if Si Hyun trying to hurt Tae Hee mom like he always did to the other woman who get close with his dad, while Si Hyun doesnt know that she's Tae Hee mom. I know Tae Hee doesnt like her mom, but she's still her mom and she will get mad at him later if she find out. And So Ji will use that later as she's weapon to destroy both of them(Tae Hee mom and Tae Hee,or even Si Hyun)

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

About he's not JK group son.

Isn't Si hyun the heir to JK group from his mother's side? his "father" is only there to help stabilize the company for him to inherit it, his "father" only married into JK group and is not the son of the chairwoman. That's what i got out of it? since the chairwoman is only allowing him to get the Vice chairman position because of Si Hyun. So if the news come out that he isn't the biological father of Si Hyun he would get removed from the position but Si Hyun would still be the heir to JK. Please correct me if i'm wrong :).

• Like 7

The Great Seducer 

TV Ranking 

Tnms  

ep 15 : 3.3%

ep 16 : 3.3% 

For tnms Increased by 0.2 % 

Agb Nielsen 

ep 15 : 1.9%

ep 16 : 2.1% 

Agb decreased 

:mellow:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, viktormani said:

Isn't Si hyun the heir to JK group from his mother's side? his "father" is only there to help stabilize the company for him to inherit it, his "father" only married into JK group and is not the son of the chairwoman. That's what i got out of it? since the chairwoman is only allowing him to get the Vice chairman position because of Si Hyun. So if the news come out that he isn't the biological father of Si Hyun he would get removed from the position but Si Hyun would still be the heir to JK. Please correct me if i'm wrong :).

@viktormani, I thought the same as you, that SH was the heir due to his mother.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, viktormani said:

No, the father's side is JK group. The chairwoman is dad's mother, he's like the sejoo of his family (the disappointment) which is why he gets treated that way. If you go back to the first scene that he talks to his mom with his niece there you will find that they were visiting a memorial for the girl's parents. The niece calls him chagunaboji (little father) which is a family term you use for the younger married brother of your father. If the JK niece was related by blood to SH's mother he would have been called imobu or gomobu depending on which parent was SH's mom's relative. Actually, that whole scene clarified the relationship... when he said shihyun doesn't want to enter the JK business, the mom says "all kids are like that, it was the same for your older brother and the same for you"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, biancapot said:

No, the father's side is JK group. The chairwoman is dad's mother, he's like the sejoo of his family (the disappointment) which is why he gets treated that way. If you go back to the first scene that he talks to his mom with his niece there you will find that they were visiting a memorial for the girl's parents. The niece calls him chagunaboji (little father) which is a family term you use for the younger married brother of your father. If the JK niece was related by blood to SH's mother he would have been called imobu or gomobu depending on which parent was SH's mom's relative.

But why is SJ mom so scared it will get known that Si hyun and his dad aren't related before they are married? Because he would be kicked out JK and she wouldn't be able to get into JK group, and why does he not want the word to get out? It just doesn't make sense, if he is the son of the chairwoman why wouldn't he just be the owner?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, viktormani said:

Yes I think so too. I still rmb the grandma said she wants SH to take over the company not SH father. There is a reason why SH father doesnt like SH because SH father wants the company for himself (he probably think he already works hard for it). He even kicked SH from the house but keep it secret for everyone. He is still there because of SH, I'm sure if grandma found out later about SH father is not the real father, he would lose everything

• Like 7

[SPOILERS] GREAT SEDUCER E13-14 + RATING
/ 4:40 PM
0000367306_001_20180403021310461.jpg

1.png

1.png

Naver - sportsseoul: 'Great Seducer' Park Soo Young♥Woo Do Hwan started dating "Today is our first day"

1.[+1223, -72] Where did Tae Hee's iron wall go?

2.[+1127, -120] She is too soft ㅠㅠ It's cringy but I still find myself watching it

3.[+931, -161] It's so childish and cringy but it's still fun

4.[+838, -203] Seriously Joy and Woo Do Hwan's chemistry did everything

5.[+652, -133] But still, It's nice to see them together

6.[+257, -29] Honestly, this drama is just a waste of the actors...I really feel bad for them ㅠㅠ Director, writer and everyone else should be good to them....I think the ratings are still hanging because of Joy and Woo Do Hwan's fans. It's like a little fun drama that you can watch without any thoughts...haha

7.[+237, -20] Seriously there is no content...there is no improvement, only the supporting characters keep coming out more than the mains...I really don't have anything else to say, just show us Joy and Woo Do Hwan's chemistry, I don't want to see the other actors.

8.[+222, -23] Writer-nim. Director-nim, there are a lot of supporting characters. even though the main characters are talking we know how things will end up, you are giving us to many hints

9.[+194, -12] There is no improvement in this drama, stop using Joy and Woo Do Hwan for media play ㅋㅋㅋㅋ why didn't you go to Pyongyang while you only appear for 5 mins ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10.[+202, -21] The leads don't even come out in this drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋ...I'm watching it for Joy and Woo Do Hwan but they don't even come out that much

11.[+171, -6] Just accept all the curses you're getting for filming this...ㅠㅠ

12.[+160, -17] The visuals and chemistry are really warm, but do something about the content...ㅠㅠ

13.[+139, -8] Seriously the production team aren't doing anything and the scenario is just a scenario ㅋㅋ on top of that the main characters <<< supporting characters ㅋㅋ what is this ㅋㅋ Please comeback to your senses production team

14.[+146, -30] The actors are really good at acting

-----

cr : netizendrama 

all these comments represent what i want to say lol 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, baby.hae said:

Yes I think so too. I still rmb the grandma said she wants SH to take over the company not SH father. There is a reason why SH father doesnt like SH because SH father wants the company for himself (he probably think he already works hard for it). He even kicked SH from home but keep it secret for everyone. He is still there because of SH, I'm sure if grandma found out later about SH father is not the real father, he would lose everything

I think the mother knows about SH not being the real father. I actually remember a scene of her telling SH’s father that sh is not your son. But then I don’t know how sh is related to the jk group 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, viktormani said:

But why is SJ mom so scared it will get known that Si hyun and his dad aren't related before they are married? Because he would be kicked out JK and she wouldn't be able to get into JK group, and why does he not want the word to get out? It just doesn't make sense, if he is the son of the chairwoman why wouldn't he just be the owner?

Because the dad is like Sejoo. Sejoo wouldn't be given the company in the future simply because the dad sees him as trouble. The grandma has a soft spot for her grandkids, but dislikes her own son, she only left him the company to keep it within the family for the grandkids. If it gets known that shihyun isn't his son, two things will happen, shihyun would likely be striked off the register and the dad would be taken off for a more capable person because at the end of the day these chaebols care more about the success of the business, and clearly grandma does not believe in dad. Most likely, grandma has major shares while dad just has a little, he's in position due to grandma's influence, basically a salaried CEO than the actual owner.

Tbh, the confusion is because of bad plot writing, however the dialogue doesn't lie. Yeo-min called him chagun aboji, you can do a wikipedia search about korean family terms to understand how they are related. Fortunately, korean family terms are very distinct depending on the specific relationship so there are 3-4 ways to call uncle uncle or aunt aunt.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

K-Drama Reaction: The Great Seducer | Episodes 11-12

crop_20180403_180116.jpg

WE LIKE EACH OTHER

I can’t stand Choi Soo-ji’s (Moon Ga-young) antics anymore. It’s so difficult to understand what she really wants to happen. She used Kwon Si-hyun’s (Woo Do-hwan) feelings for her to get him involved in her revenge plot against her ex-boyfriend, but she’s acting so jealous with the thought of him getting close with another woman.

crop_20180404_021455.jpg?w=750crop_20180404_021505.jpg?w=750crop_20180404_021600.jpg?w=750

I can’t get why Soo-ji had to tell Eun Tae-hee (Joy) that she and Si-hyun like each other, but they had to act like siblings because of their parents’ impending marriage. Is it because Soo-ji wants Tae-hee to back off and leave Si-hyun alone? But I thought she wants Tae-hee to fall madly in love with Si-hyun as part of her revenge plot? Can she please make up her mind?

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/04/k-drama-reaction-the-great-seducer-episodes-11-12/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, biancapot said:

Because the dad is like Sejoo. Sejoo wouldn't be given the company in the future simply because the dad sees him as trouble. The grandma has a soft spot for her grandkids, but dislikes her own son, she only left him the company to keep it within the family for the grandkids. If it gets known that shihyun isn't his son, two things will happen, shihyun would likely be striked off the register and the dad would be taken off for a more capable person because at the end of the day these chaebols care more about the success of the business, and clearly grandma does not believe in dad. Most likely, grandma has major shares while dad just has a little, he's in position due to grandma's influence, basically a salaried CEO than the actual owner.

Tbh, the confusion is because of bad plot writing, however the dialogue doesn't lie. Yeo-min called him chagun aboji, you can do a wikipedia search about korean family terms to understand how they are related. Fortunately, korean family terms are very distinct depending on the specific relationship so there are 3-4 ways to call uncle uncle or aunt aunt.

I believe that the JK group is within the father's side as well. Because the Chairwoman is his mother.

I think you explained it rather well that the grandma is definitely more bias towards the grandchildren.

Another point I would like to add is that, JK group is a rather big company and a well known at that. SH is already been established as the grandson of this big company, imagine a scandal gets out - what exactly will happen, it may ruin the company and in turn ruin the father, SJ's mother as well. the reputation may go down the drain as well.

Typically, you will cover up secrets - like how most likely SH's mother was covered up because they didnt want to attract attention to the case. quietly let it die down.

• Like 8

Watched with subs finally. This will be a long post. Bear with me. First lets start with SH.

- Boy he fell in love really hard. He turns to a kid when he is near her. It is like he is experiencing the world for the first time after his mom passed away. I am really worried what will happen to him when TH finds out about the bet. His epilogue at the end was really sad and forshadowing. He knows what is coming and I hope he works his butt off and earns her trust back. I hope the writer does not follow the original ending. 

SJ: for the first time, I felt sorry for her. First, Her 2 friends are moving forward while she is stuck in the present. SeJoo with his business while SH told her that he is getting his act together and will live diligently. Secondly, Now that everyone knows that she is getting a rich stepdad, her connection to JK is more important to people than her own efforts. For ex. the music professor. I felt pissed off :angry: on her behalf. Thirdly, her damn mom is greedy and selfish to the core. She does not care about her daughter at all. Ok rant over. I know she started this stupid revenge and bet. I want her to pay back for involving and hurting innocent people's feelings but at the same time I want her to learn her lesson and start over again. 

SeJoo: like I start in my previous post, I want him with someone who appreciates him and sees him for who he is. SJ has too much baggage and I don't want SeJoo to end up in one sided relationship with her:(

TH: I just love the way she handles SH. She shows him that there is more to life and teaches him new things. She is straightforward with her needs and sets a boundaries if needed. Which is why I'm interested how she is going to react to the bet. She knows now that SH is really in love with her. She will for sure be pissed off. 

Now to the parents: now according to grandma(SH), because dad wanted to get back with TH mom, his older brother, wife and SH mom are dead. Grandma wants SH and his cousin( older brother's daughter) to inherit the company. That's the only reason why he is sitting in that chair. Wow I can't believe this. Wait until grandma finds out that SH is not her grandson, she is going to faint and kill her son for sure for hiding it in the first place. I have a feeling the wedding won't go thorough due to either SH will open his mouth to the press regarding his identity or the business proposal fails.

AIso I can't believe the secretary told SJ's mom that SH is not the grandson of JK. I mean how is that any of his business?.

Lets not get to SJ's mom. She is a snake in human clothes. She said that she had her eyes on dad even since he was married to SH mom. She is something else. Won't be surprised if she was behind the hit and run accident. I hope her business plan gets ruined. 

TH mom should back off now that she knows that he is engaged. I was happy when SJ delivered the magazine to her. And now that she has seen SH face and heard that the drawing was his girlfriend, she better back out. 

Thanks chingus for the lovely posts, recaps and videos. :wub::wub::wub:

Yep. Only those 4 know:).

Edited by lu09
  • Like 8

good summary @lu09 i completely agree with your assessment

SH is really a cute child in love - I love how as you said, TH handles SH.

the part that threw me off was the secretary helping along side SJ's mom. clearly he has feelings for her and it is vice versa but instead, she is choosing someone who can give her more stability and wealth. clearly someone who is calculative for sure.

Just a quick question

right now the people who know about SH's illegitimacy is SH's father, the secretary, SJ's mom and TH only right?

"The Great Seducer" Moon Ga-young Discovers the Identity of Shin Sung-woo's

photo961883.jpg

On the latest episode of the MBC drama "The Great Seducer", Soo-ji (Moon Ga-young) discovered who Young-won (Jun Mi-sun) was dating.

Soo-ji went to a pocha with Se-joo (Kim Min-jae-I) and witnessed Suk-woo (Shin Sung-woo) and Young-won together. Soo-ji told Se-joo to look that way without being noticed and asked if that woman with Suk-woo was her mother. Se-joo told her she wasn't and Soo-ji's face stiffened.

Soo-ji recalled Suk-woo hugging someone and said, "I think I know who she is". Then she recalled Tae-hee (Joy) telling her that Young-won was Tae-hee's mother.

Soo-ji now knows who Suk-woo's secret woman is.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

TH mom should back off now that she knows that he is engaged. I was happy when SJ delivered the magazine to her. And now that she has seen SH face and heard that the drawing was his girlfriend, she better back out. 

I like your summaries, I think the same with you. i'm happy when So Ji give Tae Hee mom the magazine, to make up her mind that she's already old to date someone again. I don't think she's already know that Si Hyun is Kwon Sok Won son. And i don't think she's really sure about Si Hyun and Tae Hee dating. If she know that and she's still meet with Si Hyun dad, while she know already that Si Hyun date his daughter. she's really the worst woman in this world, even though Si Hyun is not the his biological son. 

So Jin's mom is the suspect behind the car accident, neither Tae Hee or Si Hyun mom. So Jin's mom hit Tae Hee first and then accidentally hit Si Hyun mom car. and she's clean the accident record. So Ji's mom told Si Hyun that Si Hyun mom accident after she hit some student. 

I think Si Hyun grandma knows about Si Hyun, because she's know about his son first love. So 2 years ago, when Tae Hee mom and dad getting divorce, Si Hyun dad getting divorce too and then Si Hyun mom accident,.

I think That time is when Si Hyun dad and Tae Hee mom will get reunion, but i think why they didnt meet because Si Hyun dad should take care of Si Hyun mom funeral.

The question is, why Si Hyun mom drive a car when she's still sick, is she going to check something? does she knows about Tae Hee mom.

I was thinking about the next episode, do you guys thinking about they're really sleep together, in the ending scene is like Tae Hee expression is was like she will said yes. I don't mind about that, since the begining they're show us that Si Hyun keep condom even though from Se Joo. :D

• Like 7

why do i feel that once Soo-ji finds out about Shi-hyun dating Taehee & their living arrangements

she'll have a mental breakdown & will sink to her lowest

her next move is to obviously break them apart, because after all, if she can't have Shi-hyun, NO ONE CAN

she's gonna either

-tell Taehee about the bet, that Shi-hyun's feelings aren't real; that he's only with her so that he can win the bet to marry her

-tell Taehee that Shi-hyun's father was her mother's first love- because of this, since Shi-hyun loved his mother very much, he decided to revenge his mother by being with her only to break her heart

-tell Shi-hyun that the women his father is seeing is Taehee's mother- the women whom he hasn't forgotten even while being married to Shi-hyun's mother; the main reason why his family was never a "family"

as much as i'm enjoying their sweetness being a couple,  every single secret & lie, is ticking like a time bomb, waiting for it to go off any minute, any day, as Shi-hyun said in his epilogue;

One day you'll find out.. about my big lie too.. For the first time.. I'm scared..

• Like 10

@Pikachu92 haha i don't think they'll sleep together, as in do the deed. I feel like the show's age rating is a bit too low for that, plus I can already see the bad comments from the 30+ age demographic if it happens. I do think they'll sleep together holding hands or hugging or something.

I think it would make finding out about the bet more painful if they slept together, but i just feel like it would not fit how the story has portrayed their relationship so far. Tbh, i really don't have any idea how they will reveal the bet... i feel like taehee would have such a hard time believing it was a bet if the revelation came fom someone else given how sincere SH acts now. So my guess is that SH will be the one to come clean because that's the best way to make sure TH believes it + most painful way

• Like 8