Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

I want to see their BTS kiss. .<_<

Why the director always playing with angle, I cant see it clearly :ph34r:

Omg why the epilogue is so sad. .SH is in love deeply with TH to the point that he is afraid to lose her (she find about his bet with SJ).

Poor SH because TH is the only source of his happiness right now. Unlike with the trio, with TH he can be himself, SJ said that SH hates drawing but you can clearly that SH really likes drawing. He stopped being a bad boy, his life is clearly better with TH. I almost tear up when he said he will work hard from now (when he is talking with SJ) its like he finally find a reason to live again after his mom died.

SH is so pitiful, I wont forgive the writer if they make tragic ending for him!!

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Here it is @stroppyse

The scene when they kissed

Here is the translation of this clip. Btw, for future reference, I think you may have meant the epilogue which comes at the end whereas the prologue comes at the beginning.

SH's voiceover on this clip:

…that we didn’t meet sooner in a different way. The winter when I first met you, the spring that we welcomed together were all precious to me... I wanted to tell you that.
(kiss :wub:)
When the winter comes again, will it be okay for me to be beside you? The stupendous lie that’s inside me, you will probably find out some day. For the first time, I became afraid.

I wonder whether the "lie" refers to him not being his father's son. Does he know that TH knows because she saw the paper airplane? Or does the "lie" refer to his dad and TH's mom? I haven't watched the episode yet so not sure. I assume with the way this drama has turned, however, that SH and TH will still be together at the end, given that the bet has been nullified so quickly?

• Like 10

On 3/30/2018 at 8:55 AM, triplem said:

Hi @packmule3 Nice write up on the fisherman allegory. I actually sympathise with Se Joo's character the most and feel sorry that he is the outcast here. The trio's friendship has always been about Soo Ji and what she wants (which is ultimately SH ). She abuses him and makes use of him. He knows it but being in love with her , he is a willing fool .He puts on his comical mask to deal with the pain he feels when in fact he is the most introspective and giving of the three. 

On a side note,  if there is anything this drama shows you is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Look at how screwed up the parents are. Is it any wonder that the children turned out like that - lost and confused.

Hi @triplem

Sorry for the late response. Work suddenly came in truckloads and I was a roadkill. 

You got me thinking about that “apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,” and I would have to say yes and no. Yes, the kids are as screwed up as the parents, but no, they are screwed up in their OWN distinct way. :D As a matter of fact, the kids are ALL trying so hard not to become THAT apple. They want to fall far, verrrry far, like acres away, from that tree they find so contemptible. 

For instance, SeJoo takes on his father’s beatings rather than become like his father. He said so in the hospital room with his mom. He was bothered that he had knocked down a guy who was pestering SooJi. He asked his comatose mom if he was violent as his father. 

TaeHee is like this, too. She detests how her father’s a fool in love, suffering needlessly for an unrequited love. Just now in this episode 14, she expressed her contempt for her mother’s libertine lifestyle. She’s determined not to follow her parents’ footsteps.  That’s why even when she returned to SH’s side, she did so on her own terms. She told him at the hospital to inform her directly, without guilt or trouble, if and when he found her uncomfortable. She would walk away then.  She said in her voice-over. “I won’t be weak. I won’t feel lonely. I don’t want you to chase after me. I don’t want you to stop me either (as in tell her “Hajimaaaa!! Kajimaaaa!!” lol. My two favorite makjang words). Since I started this, I will end it too. Since I was in this relationship by myself, I will get over you by myself too.” She was drawing a line between a dignified and foolish/pathetic one-sided love. 

Same with SooJi. She’s embarrassed that her mother passively accepts the put-downs and the snobs by her social peers. Her mother is unfashionable; her hair style is unflatteringly utilitarian and she wears shapeless suits in wrong colors for her work. And now, her mother’s going to be taken advantage of by the unscrupulous father of SH. To me, her need to control or manipulate people is her way of compensating; she tries too hard not be like a push-over like her mother.  

Last, we have ShiHyun who deeply resents his father’s apathy for his suffering mother even on her birthdays. He seduces his father’s girlfriend/date to take revenge. And now, he’s in a rage when he finds out that his father is dating somebody. 

To me, that’s the reason ShiHyun picked out Kyung Joo’s mom, NaYoung in the nightclub. And that’s HOW he singled her out in a group of women. He was so used to seeing rejection and DEJECTION in his sickly mother, so he could have easily spotted and read the body language of an older woman who was also lonely and despondent. Remember, NaYoung at that time was down in the dumps because her daughter didn’t invite her to graduation and refused to answer her texts (because she was out eating with TH).

He wasn’t trying to “seduce” NaYoung for fun or mischief, he was trying to give her a good time – and confidence - because she looked like she needed attention and a boost.   

So there you go. My brief take on dem apples falling from the tree. Thank you for pointing that out. It made me think. :D

Tagging @nearsea. Nearsea, there's THE reason you’re looking for why this whole “seduction” scene in the nightclub was included. I remember you grousing about it...  It’s to establish SH’s character. :) In this kdrama, SH isn’t THE bad guy - ala-Valmont in Les Liaisons Dangereuses.  If you take a look at him again, without preconceived notions, he's actually the better guy. 

I also saw comments about SH leading on both TH and SJ. For instance, he was the one who wanted to get married and he forced Sooji while she repeatedly told him that she didn’t want a fake marriage but he insisted. He led her on. Therefore, accordingly, he couldn’t just decide that he was feeling marriage anymore simply because he fell in love with TH.  He didn’t even bother tell SJ about it. 

In my opinion, there are some misunderstandings here. 

First, once SH discovered he had feelings for TH, it is the height of stupidity to continue any marriage plans with SJ. You do not correct a mistake (i.e., the original seduction plot/marriage plot) with ANOTHER mistake (i.e., insisting on marriage). You’ll only compound the problem.

Second, which is more despicable: to hurt SooJi NOW with aborted marriage plans or to hurt her LATER with a loveless marriage? SooJi always wanted a “real” marriage.

Third, SH wasn’t like his father. His father had no qualms marrying and using one woman to advance his business while being in love with another. SH was doing the right thing in quitting the game with SJ.

Fourth, although SH originally proposed the marriage it was SJ who altered the terms to fit her romantic dreams. Let’s be clear about this: SJ only proposed a marriage to sabotage or frustrate their parents’ plans. According to SeJoo, SJ directed his anger only toward his dad.

A marriage between friends was all he was looking for.

SJ however would only agree to marriage if it was real, aka love match.

She dared him to kiss her and to prove that it’d be a real marriage but SH balked. Just like years ago, he couldn’t kiss her. If people would just put aside their shipping hearts, they’d see that this was an obvious sign that he just wasn’t into her – NOT IN THAT WAY.  His marriage proposal had been for a marriage of convenience. 

Immediately after his failure to kiss her, SJ switched gears and changed her condition: I’ll marry you if you seduce TH. SH replied, “Deal!”

To me, SooJi quickly gave him a second chance because she actually DID want to marry SH but she didn’t want to beg him to love her.

As for SH, he teased SJ with this sexual innuendo, “Because what I’ll gain is more amazing.” On the surface, it seemed like he was hinting that he looked forward to a love marriage with SJ. But again, to me, he was ONLY teasing SJ about the pleasure of seduction. (And frankly, I’ve doubts NOW that he could go through with it. Didn’t you see his reaction in Episode 11 to TaeHee’s cheeky consent, when he said that they might have to sleep overnight somewhere if he piggybacked her all the way to Seoul? TaeHee was definitely flirting with him back then but HE was taken aback. Huh?)

SJ however understood his remark to mean that he was anticipating seducing TaeHee so she waspishly reminded him not to fall in love with her. She was exhibiting jealousy already because SHE wanted him. Really! Shihyun was onto something when he cheekily said, “Why does it sound like you’re talking about yourself?”

Sixth, he didn’t tell SJ about TaeHee because he knew that SJ was not only a vengeful person but she had an evil streak, too.

Remember what SJ said about revenge. She said -

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/04/03/the-great-seducer-soojis-revenge/

Hi @maisquared. Thanks!  And thanks too @kaoriharang for tagging me. The preview was a doozy, wasn't it? I don't like to watch previews precisely because we know its intention is to create a buzz by agitation. :D

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW @packmule3

I am thoroughly impressed!

giphy.gif

I completely agree with your analysis about the children. they are similar, they mirror parts of their parents but you are right about how they try to be the exact opposite of their parents. They want to avoid the heartache, the mistakes and the choices that their parents have made on their lives. Making sure that it would not happen to them as well.

What you said about SH and SJ relationship is so true. True with all the connection, history and all the somewhat seduction play going on between the two. I felt that the scene at the fishery with Se Joo was the most telling about what SH feels towards SJ. Clearly, he loves her, but his love is only platonic and as a friend.

He could not go through with the kiss, his marriage suggestion was indeed something at the spur of the moment rather than a serious thought.

your welcome for the tag. clearly MBC does not like to give us much in the previews -_-" playing with our hearts

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Here is the translation of this clip. Btw, for future reference, I think you may have meant the epilogue which comes at the end whereas the prologue comes at the beginning.

SH's voiceover on this clip:

…that we didn’t meet sooner in a different way. The winter when I first met you, the spring that we welcomed together were all precious to me... I wanted to tell you that.
(kiss :wub:)
When the winter comes again, will it be okay for me to be beside you? The stupendous lie that’s inside me, you will probably find out some day. For the first time, I became afraid.

I wonder whether the "lie" refers to him not being his father's son. Does he know that TH knows because she saw the paper airplane? Or does the "lie" refer to his dad and TH's mom? I haven't watched the episode yet so not sure. I assume with the way this drama has turned, however, that SH and TH will still be together at the end, given that the bet has been nullified so quickly?

thank you for making the effort to translate (:

giphy.gif

the words that SH said are both happy and yet regretful.

I believe the main lie would be the reason why he approached her in the first place.

As for right now, SH doesnt know the woman is TH's mother and he doesnt know that TH has the paper air plane.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Shihyun doesn't know yet that about his dad and TH's mom. he hasn't found out in this ep who the first love is. As for the paper airplane, I don't think it's that either as TH really wouldn't care about it, so it's probably still the bet. it makes sense since the original scene that came with the epilogue showed taehee asking him since when he started liking her, given that he made an effort to wait for her at the bus stop and at the library even before they truly met. So he was feeling particularly guilty and bad about it.

• Like 7

SH-TH:

Considering the original story, SH and TH sleeping together is a given for the betrayal to cause an impact.  My prediction is that they spend the night. SH will find out that his dad wanted to leave his mum while she was sick to be with TH's mum and that they are dating again. SJ might instigate him to tell TH that his being with her was for revenge. Ensue breakup and betrayal.

SJ:

I am still not convinced about SJ though. Her character is far to complex to be a 2D spoilt rich brat, especially after her exchange with SeJoo. He told her that if they [SH-SJ] liked each other, they should just date. But she had an agonized expression when she replied that it isn't that simple. I think her mum had something to do with SH's mum's accident and SJ knew it. She wanted to protect her mum but she couldn't bring herself to go out with SH. Which is why she even though she wanted to , she never made the moves on SH. She was afraid to lose his friendship if he came to know the truth about the accident.

Accident:

Given drama logic, it is obvious that TH was involved in the accident too. I think TH's mum and SH's dad wanted to be together and decided to leave their respective families. Both gave their spouses divorce papers and had planned to meet up. TH might have overheard the conversation between her parents and ran out. At the same time SH's mum went to meet the dad. The cause of the accident was probably SJ's mum who was driving while she was tired.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Lol show has a hard time keeping its balance hahaha. Lots of SH-TH scenes today, but then KJ and HJ have disappeared to oblivion this ep, and they bring back KY for no reason (btw why doesn't he appear more when he was the reason for the revenge??)

I'm actually keeping up on the story at least! By reading the live recaps :tongue: 

Haha right there with you!

Don’t wanna be a party pooper so will just remain silent for now :ph34r:

I wish this show had more heart, it’s entertaining because of the OTT-ness but it really doesn’t move me at all. Maybe I should go watch the Jeon Do Yeon version instead.

And sorry to be such a downer but gosh, that preview sucks. “Do you wanna sleep with me?” “Yeah I wanna sleep with you.” WTF? Where’s the tension, the build up? It just felt like a desperate attempt by PD to grab eyeballs.

okay going back to hide in my corner :ph34r:

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

P.S @MinLyn or @stroppyse in the hugging scene - what did KY say to TH before that?

KY: Tae Hee, oppa came to apologize to you. Please forgive me. Then, I was really, really, really overreacting.
TH: Here is your juice, customer.
KY: You’re making oppa feel sad. (takes a drink) Wow. A work of art! Since Tae Hee made it, it’s even more delicious.
TH: Will you drink the juice at your table, please? Since these are working hours, and I’m a employee here. If you have something to say to me, you can say it after I’ve finished working.
KY: But there are no customers right now. (TH just looks at him.) Okay. Oppa is just concerned about you, and Kwon Shi Hyun keeps hanging around you as well.
TH: Why would oppa worry about me? I’m living just fine on my own. Also, what do you know of Shi Hyun that you say things like that?
KY: He was recently hospitalized at Myungjong Hospital was because of drugs, did you know that? There is a lot of evidence of it as well. Just check the internet. It’s all out there with his initials.
TH: It wasn’t like that! Did oppa directly see it? It hasn’t even been verified as being true!
KY: Hmm. But why are you taking Kwon Shi Hyun’s side?
TH: It’s not that I’m taking a side or not… Oppa, I thought that oppa was going to become a good legal professional, but now I see that’s not the case. Someone who takes such rumors as facts does not have the right to work in the law.

Text: Have you eaten lunch?
(SH comes walking up and TH hugs him.)
SH: Nothing has happened to me.
TH: Just because…I wanted to hug you. That’s why.
(TH hugs him again)
SH: It’s nice…being hugged.
TH: You can tell me anything.
SH: I’m okay.
TH: Besides just saying that you’re okay.
SH: Thank you.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

KY: Tae Hee, oppa came to apologize to you. Please forgive me. Then, I was really, really, really overreacting.
TH: Here is your juice, customer.
KY: You’re making oppa feel sad. (takes a drink) Wow. A work of art! Since Tae Hee made it, it’s even more delicious.
TH: Will you drink the juice at your table, please? Since these are working hours, and I’m a employee here. If you have something to say to me, you can say it after I’ve finished working.
KY: But there are no customers right now. (TH just looks at him.) Okay. Oppa is just concerned about you, and Kwon Shi Hyun keeps hanging around you as well.
TH: Why would oppa worry about me? I’m living just fine on my own. Also, what do you know of Shi Hyun that you say things like that?
KY: He was recently hospitalized at Myungjong Hospital was because of drugs, did you know that? There is a lot of evidence of it as well. Just check the internet. It’s all out there with his initials.
TH: It wasn’t like that! Did oppa directly see it? It hasn’t even been verified as being true!
KY: Hmm. But why are you taking Kwon Shi Hyun’s side?
TH: It’s not that I’m taking a side or not… Oppa, I thought that oppa was going to become a good legal professional, but now I see that’s not the case. Someone who takes such rumors as facts does not have the right to work in the law.

Text: Have you eaten lunch?
(SH comes walking up and TH hugs him.)
SH: Nothing has happened to me.
TH: Just because…I wanted to hug you. That’s why.
(TH hugs him again)
SH: It’s nice…being hugged.
TH: You can tell me anything.
SH: I’m okay.
TH: Besides just saying that you’re okay.
SH: Thank you.

hehe thank you (:  apologise that I keep asking so much of you :D

giphy.gif

KY is a rather irritating character and clearly can't take a hint -_-"

I love the hug scene because I felt both TH and SH needed comforting. And rather than TH asking SH and pressing him for answers. She just embraced him and patted his back. Such a sweet scene.

• Like 8

In Shi-hyun's home...

Tae-hee : But...I didn't know that you use cologne too...

Shi-hyun : i didn't even know that there is cologne in my house...It must be when Mom was together with Dad, she must have bought it for him...

Shi-hyun : Do you want to add marshmallows to the drink?

Tae-hee : No, I  don't really like marshmallows...

Tae-hee : I really do not know whether this cologne is good or not...

Shi-hyun : I don't really like it too for it reminds me of my father...

Tae-hee starts leaning onto Shi-hyun as she places her head on his shoulder...

Tae-hee : This natural scent of your body...is what I really like...

Tae-hee then exclaims aloud saying : If Kyung-joo comes to know that I will say such mushy words, maybe she might even break up with me...

Shi-hyun is about to kiss her when he stops himself from doing so...

Giving Tae-hee her cup of drink, he tells her : Just take this and go...Leave quickly...I am feeling sleepy and I want to go to bed...

Tae-hee : I gotta finish the drink first then take my leave...

Shi-hyun : Just take it and bring it home to drink...you should go now...

Tae-hee : You even told me to stay until midnight...

Tae-hee : I'm leaving now...

Shi-hyun heaves a sigh of relief and he bursts out smiling...

He keeps the marshmallows into the far end corner of the cabinet since Tae-hee doesn't like to eat them.

He starts drawing a portrait of Tae-hee but can't quite capture her smile in the picture...

He mutters to himself : I don't think it looks like this...

He goes and looks for her....

Tae-hee opens the door and asks : What is it?

Shi-hyun : Smile for once...

Shi-hyun : Show me your smile...just for a while...

Tae-hee starts smiling as she asks him : Like this?

Tae-hee asks : Why are you asking me to do this all of a sudden?

Shi-hyun replies : It's strange...suddenly, I can't remember how your smile is like...

Tae-hee starts smiling as she tells him : Don't ever forget...

Tae-hee : Do you need me to smile again...more seriously...this time?

Tae-hee then puts on her sweetest smile for him...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

33 minutes ago, sanika said:

SJ:

I am still not convinced about SJ though. Her character is far to complex to be a 2D spoilt rich brat, especially after her exchange with SeJoo. He told her that if they [SH-SJ] liked each other, they should just date. But she had an agonized expression when she replied that it isn't that simple. I think her mum had something to do with SH's mum's accident and SJ knew it. She wanted to protect her mum but she couldn't bring herself to go out with SH. Which is why she even though she wanted to , she never made the moves on SH. She was afraid to lose his friendship if he came to know the truth about the accident.

THIS! I actually thought the same when I read a comment that it was SJ's mum that caused the accident that killed SH's mum... but afterwards it seemed non-conclusive that it was in fact her? The high school student in the accident must be TH, but then how do so many of them suddenly get involved then... Esp  SH's mum, since she died as a result...

The one thing i'm not a bigggg fan is of the drama trope where somehow.. everybody knows everybody lol. From the parents up til the kids - only SeJoo's family seems untouched by this whole parents affair, and in the end deep down I think he's the most normal lol

• Like 6

It just occurred to me as I was rewatching this scene is that

TH has been wearing the necklace that SH gave her. This necklace had another necklace that was attached to it - that SH himself separated it, during the hospital scene.

in this scene we can see clearly that SH is wearing the other half of the necklace. COUPLE NECKLACE!!

true that @herina_90 Se Joo definitely is normal. then again his family is somewhat connected to KJ's family. So there is a small connection there.

• Like 6

@kaoriharang ohhh i didn't know SeJoo's family was related to KJ's! I thought KJ's and HJ's families were like the side story filler to the whole revenge plot haha. HJ is turning out quite fun in small doses but KJ (or her actress' acting) doesn't make me root for a KJ-SeJoo couple...

• Like 6

Tae-hee opens her door : You are finally here...

Shi-hyun : Why? Were you waiting for me?

Tae-hee : No, I can recognize the sound of your footsteps...

Shi-hyun : Aigoo...you're just like a little puppy...

Tae-hee : Are you feeling very tired? Coz the sound of your footsteps are really heavy...

Shi-hyun : I want to eat some ramen first before I leave...

Shi-hyun then starts pouring a cupful of water into a pot...

He tells Tae-hee : I also want to buy something like that...

Tae-hee tells him : This is what my mom has taught me...since I am really bad at cooking...

Shi-hyun opens up the refrigerator as he says : Ramen together with 4 eggs...will taste the best...

Tae-hee : It's really good to have someone else cooking ramen for you to eat...

Shi-hyun adds on : Eating ramen in your house tastes even much better....

Tae-hee : Is it because you're eating it together with me? So that's why it tastes especially delicious?

She then starts hitting her fists against the refrigerator in embarrassment for having said such mushy words...

Shi-hyun asks : What's wrong?

Shi-hyun continues asking : What are you doing in front of the refrigerator?

Tae-hee : It's nothing....

Shi-hyun : Tae-hee, why are you taking the cold rice out from the refrigerator?

Tae hee replies : The cold rice goes together with the ramen...

Shi-hyun asks : How is that so?

Tae-hee then starts explaining the analogy behind it...causing Shi-hyun to lament : My head is starting to hurt now...

Shi-hyun : I know...I will remember all that...that ramen can go together with cold rice...

Seeing that Shi-hyun has done a really good job cleaning up the kitchen, Tae-hee remarks : It's so sparkling clean...

Shi-hyun replies : Yeah,...it is...so can I come over more often?

While they are star-gazing....

Shi-hyun remarks : It takes a really long time for the starlight to reach the earth...But doesn't this feel a little sad?

Then Tae-hee starts explaining more about how starlight travels...

Shi-hyun then laments : You know when my head hurts, I will turn into a beast...

Tae-hee : Yeah. I know...What's so sad about it?

Shi-Hyun : Just because...no matter how much they (stars) shine...and glitter...all these will be forgotten over time...who can remember how glittery they have shone...

Tae-hee : I will always stay with you by your side...watch you shine and glitter from a close distance...so I will come to know everything (about you)...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Shi-hyun comes over to Tae-hee's house but her house is in a mess as she is working on her assignment. Shi-hyun wants to cook a meal for her but the latter tells him that she has already cooked two packets of ramen. Shi-hyun then replies that it isn't nutritious to each ramen all the time. So Tae-hee replies that by adding eggs into the ramen will make it nutritious.

Shi-hyun opens the refrigerator and his heart aches when he sees an empty refrigerator. There aren't any eggs nor side dishes in there. He goes to her and tells her to change her house code number to his cell phone number because by doing so, he will be able to buy some food for her to eat. Tae-hee then replies that the current code number is his cell phone number. But she reminds him that he will still need to observe the basic social etiquette and when he comes over to her place, he will still need to ring the doorbell...It's up to her mood whether she chooses to open the door for him.

A delightful Shi-hyun then tells her to continue working on her assignment while he helps her to do the household chores. As he turns around, he finds Tae-hee falling asleep on the table. He then covers her with a blanket then takes his leave...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

In the morning, Shi-hyun brings the breakfast which he has prepared over to Tae-hee's house. He also pulls Tae-hee along to go for a morning jog. A fatigued Tae-hee is seen sitting on the floor after the jog so Shi-hyun carries her and sits her on a bench. Tae-hee tells Shi-hyun that she is tasked to work on this assignment but because it requires her to travel really far, she doesn't feel like going. Shi-hyun tells her that she should just go and suggests that they can go together. This is when a ball flew into their direction and almost ended up hitting Shi-hyun on the head. Tae-hee uses her body to dodge the ball and ends up hurting her hand instead. Tae-hee then jokes and tells Shi-hyun that she has helped to protect his head as she starts patting his head.

Shi-hyun applies the antiseptic cream on Tae-hee's hand as he looks on worriedly at her...

Tae-hee teases him saying that he looks as if he is about to cry...

Shi-hyun tells her not to do such a thing again. For if she were to  do something like that again, he will really cry. He tells her that he doesn't want her to be hurt again.

Tae-hee asks him if he is really so worried, does he want to go with her on the trip...

Shi-hyun replies of course and asks if she is thinking of going alone. He tells her that he wants to come along too as she will need someone to drive her around and to carry her luggage. He coaxes Tae-hee to bring him along. Tae-hee agrees that he can come along too. Shi-hyun then tells her to hurry up and pack her luggage once she has returned from school. Tae-hee tells him that there is no need for them to make such early preparations.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Tae-hee asks Shi-hyun when did he come to like her and asks him to tell her. Shi-hyun replies that he doesn't know too for he has come to like her unknowingly...

Tae-hee then tells him : Yah! Just say that you have liked me from the beginning...Isn't that better?

Shi-hyun hastily switches to another subject and asks why is it he can't see his star sign. So the latter tells him that he won't be able to see his star sign now. Shi-hyun asks innocently why is that so? What happened to my star sign? Why can't I see my star sign?

Tae-hee then replies that it's a constellation that can only be seen in the fall.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I also saw comments about SH leading on both TH and SJ. For instance, he was the one who wanted to get married and he forced Sooji while she repeatedly told him that she didn’t want a fake marriage but he insisted. He led her on. Therefore, accordingly, he couldn’t just decide that he was feeling marriage anymore simply because he fell in love with TH.  He didn’t even bother tell SJ about it. 

In my opinion, there are some misunderstandings here. 

First, once SH discovered he had feelings for TH, it is the height of stupidity to continue any marriage plans with SJ. You do not correct a mistake (i.e., the original seduction plot/marriage plot) with ANOTHER mistake (i.e., insisting on marriage). You’ll only compound the problem.

Second, which is more despicable: to hurt SooJi NOW with aborted marriage plans or to hurt her LATER with a loveless marriage? SooJi always wanted a “real” marriage.

Third, SH wasn’t like his father. His father had no qualms marrying and using one woman to advance his business while being in love with another. SH was doing the right thing in quitting the game with SJ.

Fourth, although SH originally proposed the marriage it was SJ who altered the terms to fit her romantic dreams. Let’s be clear about this: SJ only proposed a marriage to sabotage or frustrate their parents’ plans. According to SeJoo, SJ directed his anger only toward his dad.

A marriage between friends was all he was looking for.

SJ however would only agree to marriage if it was real, aka love match.

She dared him to kiss her and to prove that it’d be a real marriage but SH balked. Just like years ago, he couldn’t kiss her. If people would just put aside their shipping hearts, they’d see that this was an obvious sign that he just wasn’t into her – NOT IN THAT WAY.  His marriage proposal had been for a marriage of convenience. 

Immediately after his failure to kiss her, SJ switched gears and changed her condition: I’ll marry you if you seduce TH. SH replied, “Deal!”

To me, SooJi quickly gave him a second chance because she actually DID want to marry SH but she didn’t want to beg him to love her.

As for SH, he teased SJ with this sexual innuendo, “Because what I’ll gain is more amazing.” On the surface, it seemed like he was hinting that he looked forward to a love marriage with SJ. But again, to me, he was ONLY teasing SJ about the pleasure of seduction. (And frankly, I’ve doubts NOW that he could go through with it. Didn’t you see his reaction in Episode 11 to TaeHee’s cheeky consent, when he said that they might have to sleep overnight somewhere if he piggybacked her all the way to Seoul? TaeHee was definitely flirting with him back then but HE was taken aback. Huh?)

SJ however understood his remark to mean that he was anticipating seducing TaeHee so she waspishly reminded him not to fall in love with her. She was exhibiting jealousy already because SHE wanted him. Really! Shihyun was onto something when he cheekily said, “Why does it sound like you’re talking about yourself?”

Sixth, he didn’t tell SJ about TaeHee because he knew that SJ was not only a vengeful person but she had an evil streak, too.

Remember what SJ said about revenge. She said -

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/04/03/the-great-seducer-soojis-revenge/

Hi @maisquared. Thanks!  And thanks too @kaoriharang for tagging me. The preview was a doozy, wasn't it? I don't like to watch previews precisely because we know its intention is to create a buzz by agitation. :D

I'm clapping so much, you perfectly described how I felt about SH and SJ. Completely, agree that once people can see past their "shipping" eyes, they'll be able to see this dynamic between the two. 

@MinLyn thank you so much for providing these updates~ I hope the thing about his constellation is not some forshadowing! 

• Like 7

So tell me something,

is TH a Law student or is she pursuing Architecture ?

• Like 2