Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

I have the strangest feeling that SH does know that Se Joo likes SJ no??

That scene where Se Joo came to the hospital to visit SH, the way SH was easily and rather honestly accepted Se Joo declaration to date SJ, it does seem that he knows.

Now that i have watched the last scene, i feel that what @herina_90 said about SJ i think I have changed my opinion about her. I think she is still rather selfish, true I believe she felt insulted for her mother but i think underneath it all, she is still thinking about herself and only herself.

EDIT: I found that what SJ did was really because she could see SH slipping away from her and backing of. Thats why like what SH said SJ is using their friendship as a weapon and choosing to lash out onto his. As much as I agree that SH's father did is also wrong, if he is getting married (business or for love) there needs to be loyalty but clearly SH's father has none.

So I get that SJ is frustrated towards SH and the dad, but I felt that SJ intention is that she felt her control slipping away.

At least that is the way I interpreted the scene. @triplem @icyphoenix @sakura2016 @MinLyn @USAFarmgirl

Spoiler

• Like 8

I personally was not disappointed with Tae Hee giving into Si Hyun at all. Her reason for heartbreak leading to distancing herself away from him was only because she felt that she was in a one sided love affair with him. She was invested in this relationship knowing the uncertainties of Shi Hyun's feelings. She was fine with waiting for him, but not fine with being a rebound for his so called forbidden relationship with Soo Ji. What she needed was the same amount of investment, effort from Si Hyun - she needed the trust, the assurance that Si Hyun liked her too. She needed to believe in him when he said he liked her. There is one thing i absolutely love about Tae Hee and that is that she is always ready to listen - after the misunderstanding cause earlier due to that bowl breaking, she decided to always hear him out, which she reiterated in the pool too. Yes, it would be a completely different scenario if the situation was about the bet being revealed - but this is not that situation yet. 

This IMO, is a very mature trait Tae Hee has. I absolutely love how straight forward she is, and the clarity she has in her mind about things without being a caricature that her kind of character tends to be. She is grounded in her beliefs, is very affectionate and kind - while at the same time she is not hesitant to say what she feels. Whether it is with Soo Ji at the pool or with Si Hyun time and again. I absolutely loved it when she said Soo Ji doesn't matter - what he feels matters for her. I'd rather have her give him another chance than regretting later when both of them genuinely like each other.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

feel like we'll never find out who on earth is sihyuns actual father. It could be one of those things where they mention it and leave it at thatdepressed2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928.am really hoping taehee and sihyun not to be related not even cousins arghh it will be so annoying and hard 

Oh my, taehee and sihyun are just so cute also that scene: "I'm a beast in bedadmire-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248 ASDFGKJL

• Like 5

I liked when SH sent the message that he finished the mural

and that he is coming home, and TH responding ..ok. :wub:

Even though those are just regular sentences, somehow it sounded warm and cozy.

SH and TH made a step forward in their relationship, and SH did it for his own sake too.

The fact that SJ managed to get him to go back at the end of the episode doesnt mean anything.

She doesnt know she already lost the war.

• Like 8

Done watching with eng sub. .why the story of the parent is getting complicated

So SH father would be blind soon? Thats why keep seeing TH mom before it's too late? I still dont know how SH father being blind would change everything tho. Would SH take over the company instead of his father? But his father wont let him. I still remember SH grandma prefer SH to take over the company but SH father doesnt like it, thats why SH father always act evil to SH to take him down.

I think what I like after watching with eng sub is the way SH treat SJ,  she cant do whataver she wants anymore now. When SJ want SH to drop her in front of hospital, he checked the time first (because he had a promise with TH) and when SJ asked him to eat together, SH said she should eat together with her mom not him. I hope he will keep that because he need watch his behaviour to SJ because he knows that she likes him but now he has TH. Also I like how kyungjoo says that SJ is like a stepsister to TH lol, and SH also laughing (he probably agree with kyungjoo lol). .he need to protect TH from now and dont let SJ to take over their relationship again

• Like 7

moon-ga-young_joy_kim-min-jae_woo-do-hwamaxresdefault.jpgGreatSeducer01-02-00297.jpg  Not once, not twice but 3 times Soo Ji faced rejection...

I haven't changed my mind one bit about Soo Ji and yet her actions have me wondering what is it that is the driving force behind her every move and action.  Besides being selfish and spoiled and using and treating those closest to her like objects or possessions rather than friends who are suppose to be closer than family...

I thought at first it was just about her loneliness and great need to feel important and cherished by others.  Yet now I believe it's about wanting to be loved and falling in love with a teacher, a chosen jerk KY and last but not the least of them all SH who I believe she does love in her crazy idea of what love is.  Yet all 3 rejected her for different reasons which she couldn't handle and can't accept that the lacking of the arrows are all pointing back to her. Although not all her fault yet she would rather seek revenge than face reality...

Yet I must be fair and add a slight defense to her that the teacher cared for her it would seem too and was paid off and that KY was and is a jerk through and through no doubt...

I will say that what bothers me about SH is the words and attitude he had before meeting TH in using seduction as a tool against those like the woman who smiled at his so called father just one example.  Even the words he spoke to Soo Ji in the middle of the road about trusting him and  his feelings.  To me maybe he was a bit confused or just afraid of their friendship changing where he wanted it to stay safe always the same.  That is until he saw and felt  and later experienced what love really was and looked like through the eyes and honesty of TH's words her very presence and heart...

Soo Ji doesn't love anyone as much as herself and yet she doesn't want to release those around her to anyone else.  The changes in this last episode of her not being the center of attention and not having TH at her beck and call is frustrating her sense of power seeming to weaken.  It's the very reason when SH and Se joo start to drift she yanks their collars and pulls them back in line.  Only this time she yanked by using SH's Father as an excuse but SH isn't the same person he once was and she is in fact losing control...

@USAFarmgirl Beautifully written as always. Though Soo Ji's actions cannot be condoned and on many levels she is selfish, she is a product of an overly ambitious single mum who has not had time to properly nurture and show motherly affection. Soo Ji's  mother indulges her because she needs to make up for the lack of time she has for her daughter. If mum would only spend as much time and as pay as much earnest attention to her daughter the way she does her investments and her business, Soo Ji may turn out differently. But the mum also has her personal struggles - trying to be both mum and dad, trying to sustain the business , and herself needing love, support and affection (which sadly SH's dad is not the right man for the job) . Tough.

@kaoriharang 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8

@USAFarmgirl I love what you wrote about SJ.

I am definitely with you about what exactly motivates SJ into doing all these things. At times I dont really understand why she acts and chooses to act in this manner.

You can tell that she is really protective of SH at least, she does her best to shield him for his father and protect him. But I do believe that she has mistaken SH's caring with the idea that SH loves her. Perhaps in a time, SH did love her very much so. Until he realise what he feels towards SJ is not love but rather a deep friendship.

You last paragraph says it all about SJ and her relationship with the two boys. Very much so, she is using what she saw with regards to SH's father as a way of controlling and reeling him back into her sphere of control.

KMJ's insta update

• Like 7

@sakura2016 Hi Chingu!!! It's okay, always good to read the opinions - and as I've said, mine will turn out quite skewed to one side!

@justamom yay! I'm happy I'm not the only one :D 

@kaoriharang yeah I agree SJ is really protective over SH, whether as good friend or because she likes him... but she even went to the family dinner that SH skipped out on, both I think to give her mum some face, but also to use the opportunity to remind them not to sell the house SH holds so many memories of his mum in. I haven't seen what SJ had to gain from that. I also completely agree with @triplem though that she's a product of her mum's attitude to her. Really, the writer doing the main leads bad by giving less story for them to show themselves...

I'm watching clips (again only clips sorry...) with eng subs, and random thought popped in my head - even while drunk, SH still told SJ she did a good job when she said she told TH that they liked each other.  Why would SH tell her that? Then I realized, maybe that has always been his attitude with SJ, pampering her and letting her think what she's doing is good. Always telling her not to worry too much, do whatever she wants. They really did play a part in nurturing the SJ today.

Sejoo though, proving he was always the most insightful/observant of the three, even in the flashback scene at the fishing spot with SH.

Edit: AH! And I actually thought SH treated SeJoo like he was joking when SeJoo said then he was going to date SJ... Hmmmm, does nobody take him seriously?

• Like 6

we got an almost kiss but TH moved. They were also talking about a cologne being the same as his dad as such he doesnt like it

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@sakura2016 Hi Chingu!!! It's okay, always good to read the opinions - and as I've said, mine will turn out quite skewed to one side!

@justamom yay! I'm happy I'm not the only one :D 

@kaoriharang yeah I agree SJ is really protective over SH, whether as good friend or because she likes him... but she even went to the family dinner that SH skipped out on, both I think to give her mum some face, but also to use the opportunity to remind them not to sell the house SH holds so many memories of his mum in. I haven't seen what SJ had to gain from that. I also completely agree with @triplem though that she's a product of her mum's attitude to her. Really, the writer doing the main leads bad by giving less story for them to show themselves...

I'm watching clips (again only clips sorry...) with eng subs, and random thought popped in my head - even while drunk, SH still told SJ she did a good job when she said she told TH that they liked each other.  Why would SH tell her that? Then I realized, maybe that has always been his attitude with SJ, pampering her and letting her think what she's doing is good. Always telling her not to worry too much, do whatever she wants. They really did play a part in nurturing the SJ today.

Sejoo though, proving he was always the most insightful/observant of the three, even in the flashback scene at the fishing spot with SH.

I do believe deep down SJ does care for her mother that much is clear. She may have a rude way of showing it but certainly yes. She also is protective of SH with regards to his father. So there are times where SJ clearly doesnt just think for herself BUT I also believe that she is calculating enough to make things work in her favour as well.

right, i find that SJ has been spoilt by SJ and Se Joo respectively way too much. Se Joo even told her that he is her damage control which means SJ has never had to think about the consequences of her actions - rather she just does and the boys are the one that handle the rest.

• Like 7

SH came over to TH's place - her place is so messy. SH tidies up her place while she studies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:
SH came over to TH's place - her place is so messy. SH tidies up her place while she studies.

LOL THE LANDLORD AND HIS LOVER. Wasn't able to catch things live today :/

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT) . Thanks
  • Like 4

lol TH was the one that protected SH from the ball. haha who is the man in this relationship. While SH will make a good wife since he does house chores so well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1