Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

I'm so invested in the plot and the characters, man. I even wrote an essay on kissasian =)))) Acting-wise, no one sticks out like a sore thumb for me so I'

I'm sad about the ratings ;-; I still feel like there's a lot of unnecessary hate on it and some people seem to not realise it was loosely based on a book that was adapted several times and probably spawned a lot of tropes from what I've seen in the comments on pann and such. 

Chemistry-wise, I feel like Dohwan and Joy's off-screen chemistry is even better than on-screen, it's weird. The kiss in BTS >>>>>>>> kiss in the drama. 

Possibly because I am uncomfortable knowing that for Sihyun, it's probably just a calculative kiss and for Taehee, it's a sign for blossoming love ;-; But Joy and Dohwan are so comfortable with each other ;-; 

I can't wait for next week episodes. ;-;

• Like 8

Oh so i got some things wrong when i watched it raw. I was wondering why the kiss was night time and then the car ride was morning, turns out the car ride was a flashback to before they reached the dormitory. So he wasn't feeling guilty for the kiss, we'll have to see his thoughts in the next episode. And I see when sooji and shihyun were talking they decided to accept the marriage, so i assume sooji thought he wouldn't be seeing taehee again. What remains to be seen now is if he decided to continue due to his feelings or the bet, like I see he went to her more because he felt guilty about what they did to her dorm reservation, and I don't know if bringing her home was their original plan or he just did it, but it could still be that when she confessed he thought "hey looks like i can finish the bet after all, might as well do it." The counting before the kiss still smells calculation to me. I'm starting to dislike the sooji shihyun scenes because they are so toxic and it kinda feels icky when he goes to taehee and then tells sooji taehee means nothing to him but he's doing it because she said so... it reminds me of cruel intentions more now iirc

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, biancapot said:

I was wondering why the kiss was night time and then the car ride was morning, turns out the car ride was a flashback to before they reached the dormitory

Yeah me too, i think the car ride it was after the kiss. I don't think Kwon Si Hyun is pure really like Tae Hee yet that because he's counting as he's kiss her. I wish that just imagination. Because it's so easy to her to give up her heart to him. 

• Like 5

I think I lost all respect for Soo Ji. She literally impersonated Tae Hee to cancel her dormitory room, a scholarship Tae Hee worked so hard for b/c Soo Ji is a spoiled brat who couldn't handle rejection. How is Soo Ji different from her ex-boyfriend? She was angry with her ex-boyfriend for breaking up with her. But why is she mad that she's getting the same dose of karma that she participates in daily. Didn't she help Si Hyun break up with a girl in the early episodes cause he didn't want to do it himself? That's so spoiled she's literally so bored of her life that she's trying to manipulate other people. There's literally a line in today's episode where Si Hyun tells Soo Ji to just continue doing whatever she wants. I'm like.........no you can't. Sorry I seem so pressed about this. It's just I've been seeing comments about people rooting for her cause shes just so complex and deep....those folks must be really young.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, ravenbleu said:

After watching today's episode with subtitles few things I noticed

1. SH's mom died in a car accident not of some disease for which she was in the hospital. 

2. During that time both SH's parents and TH's were were in middle of their divorces.

3. SH's father and TH's mother had decided to meet up but couldn't. 

4. TH got in an accident during the same time as SH's mom died.

So may be it is the same accident or related somehow..

What do you all think??

you brought up a really good point actually, that both SH's mother and TH were somehow involved in accidents.
i am not ready to say that they are totally linked but clearly there is something.

I dont feel right that TH's mother killed SH's mother in an accident - because that doesnt seem to fit her character. If she did, she would feel beyond guilt towards the family rather than go on with her life.

But I think TH may be somewhat link, she may not have caused it but she certainly was there when it happened.

@sakura2016

it is he same accident!! the second they mentioned an accident related to Shi Hyun's mother's death I linked them together and now it's more confirmed for me!! Shi Hyun's mother died due to an accident but her car has no record of such accident then the father's lawyer comes in to take care of Shi Hyun's case regarding the car's theft that he claimed and we know Tae Hee had an accident with her mother, all that = Shi Hyun's father covered for Tae Hee's mother causing the accident that led to Shi Hyun's mother's death!! things will get really bad/hard for these 2!! ah

I really dont think TH's mother was involved in anywhere - with the cover up. I dont think that suits TH's mother at all. There is just no link whatsoever. And if there was a cover up, then how come TH's mother's friends knows about the accident you see. I think at least on the part of SH's mother, SH's father must have done something to cover up certain details of her death but i dont think TH's family were involved in the cover up whatsoever.

9 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

he was affected by their fight and her words reminding himself it's just a game so he's getting confused!! he wanted to stop the bet to get her out of their (messed up) lives, for her own sake or out of his fear of what she's doing to him? not sure yet but it's no longer a simple game for him!! those are good changes from him!! :wink: now Soo Ji's mad obsessivness toward him is the scary element in here!! she can be really harmful which terrifies me!!

HAHA CHINGU since you split up my comments I will do the same thing as well :tongue:

I think no matter what SH is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He cares for SJ - and clearly her mental instability doesnt help matter. But we also can see that TH's pureness has begun to rub off on him, so he keeps going back and forth a lot of the times - both in action and in his mind.

I actually love that Tae Hee was the reason but not the only reason for his changes!! his world used to consist only of his friends after his mother's death but now he started exploring a new world and found the grandmother who knew him as a child with his mother and with Tae Hee or not he started having something to do, someone else to care about outside of his small bubble he had with his friends which I'm happy with!! :wub: 

staying with him in the same living place will decrease his ability to play her!! he'll be forced to show his true self no matter how hard he would try not to and I'm looking forward for that!! :D 

true and I loved that!! guilt is always good for people to open their hearts and re-evaluate their actions!! :wink: he won't give up the bet for sure but it will become harder for him because of his own inner conflicts which is good!! :tongue: 

Indeed, it is nice to see that TH and i guess really the whole volunteer work that she does has allowed SH to explore a different side of the his emotions.

The fact that he cared about the plate shows that he really likes the grandmother and does have compassion that does not result in something for himself - a rather selfless act in itself.

haha, well i wonder how staying with him will change that, if indeed TH has lost that scholarship then what would happen to her now? I guess she will go back to working at the library, studying and volunteering???

there is no one like Tae Hee in their world for sure!! their own parents are calculative who doesn't even care about them, would others actually see beyound their chaebol image?!! no!! and that's why they had their own small world the 3 of them being each other's family and care takers when they had no one else to do that for them!! 

true!! Tae Hee is bringing back what he lost with his mother and he had to be different in the cold advantageous world he lived in but he can be more himself around her and the old ladies there!!

RIGHT?! I find that the trio's world is just so confine to only themselves - i know they probably understand each other really well because of their scars, but at the same time they arent healing each other if anything they are allowing the pain they face to just go around in circles all the tie.

that is correct right, there is definitely something that SH lost when his mother died. plus since his father is so cold and calculative towards SH, by being around i guess 'normal' people has allowed SH to regain at least a touch of his emotions.

don't know but at that moment I felt it was Shi Hyun's genuine care!! he felt bad for her and wanted to help her with no other agendas at that moment!! he can think about it later but right then it was his pure intentions to help her!! as for Soo Ji, she's really shooting herself in the foot!! :lol:

edit: it's clear that Shi Hyun acted on his own going to help Tae Hee who had no place to go to so the bet is over?!! and all that followed was all Shi Hyun with no hidden plans?!! I think so, for now at least till they say otherwise!! :tongue: now Soo Ji will lose her mind :lol: but that's scary too!! *gulp*

I agree i think that letting TH live with him was a rather weird move on its on. If he really didnt care about her, he would have either left her or just quickly find a cheap place where she can stay. the fact that he did bring her to his house

well like you said, does SH have an ulterior motive towards TH or was it out of concern? I think it is 50-50. he probably didnt anticipate that TH wouldnt get the house so he must not have really planned ahead.

25 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

I think I lost all respect for Soo Ji. She literally impersonated Tae Hee to cancel her dormitory room, a scholarship Tae Hee worked so hard for b/c Soo Ji is a spoiled brat who couldn't handle rejection. How is Soo Ji different from her ex-boyfriend? She was angry with her ex-boyfriend for breaking up with her. But why is she mad that she's getting the same dose of karma that she participates in daily. Didn't she help Si Hyun break up with a girl in the early episodes cause he didn't want to do it himself? That's so spoiled she's literally so bored of her life that she's trying to manipulate other people. There's literally a line in today's episode where Si Hyun tells Soo Ji to just continue doing whatever she wants. I'm like.........no you can't. Sorry I seem so pressed about this. It's just I've been seeing comments about people rooting for her cause shes just so complex and deep....those folks must be really young.

I agree with you actually - if anything SJ is rather childish in her ways. If something doesnt go her way, well she tries her best either to take it away from that person or destroy it.

I guess it just speaks to the 'kindness' that SJ has - which is none actually. She feels nothing for anyone maybe except SH.

So in many way, i do feel bad for her but i do agree that she has just been given wayyy too much free reign to do whatever she wants.

• Like 6

All forget what SJ has done when he came to SH house before lol  (when he eats ramen and SJ eat kimchie) ehmmm he has put many rubber packets (surely you already know what is meant by this packets) B):D)on the SH bedside table. Which is my mind now, how did TH reaction see those thing?  I hope TH will be more cautious and dont trust him too much and become illfeel (I know it is not his deeds but I still disagree she fall in love too soon but who am i ? ).  Until now I still dont like SH . 

• Like 8

I just finished watching all the episodes, this show reminds me so much of Cruel Intentions. Like making a bet on a girl then getting what they want afterward. I just hope Tae Hee won't get hurt in the end. And thank you, Do Hwan, for making the kiss, not a boring kiss like in Liar and His Lover (it I was just a peck). And Joy's acting improves as it goes along.

Their chemistry is amazing (press CC for subs)

• Like 7

And here begins the "Heart break" countdown for Tae-hee and "Gonna fall in love" countdown for Kwon Si Hyun...
Amen to both and i'm ready 

The kiss was cute-red-crab-emoticon.gifthey didn't give us preview for next week arghh yellow-onion-head-emoticon-09.gif

• Like 9

5 hours ago, biancapot said:

Oh so i got some things wrong when i watched it raw. I was wondering why the kiss was night time and then the car ride was morning, turns out the car ride was a flashback to before they reached the dormitory. So he wasn't feeling guilty for the kiss, we'll have to see his thoughts in the next episode.

Oh I think You’re right about the car ride being before and not after the kiss, but she mentioned living with somebody she loves so it was just a foreshadowing bc of their upcoming living together arrangements?! Such a messy editing  ugh hopefully they’ll show it better next week. 

• Like 6

i have finally watched the latest two episodes,

i think i talked quite a bit about it already above, so i wont go into much.

Just a couple of things quickly.

- i mentioned it before, but i felt the kiss was a little off. SH went for like 4 to like a 10 so quickly. Personally I feel with that sudden skinship, TH would certainly be thrown off her guard. Like @icyphoenix mentioned about how she wants TH to be more iron wall, i hope that TH would remain in a way that shows SH that she is not just a girl that would fall head over heels for him right away. At least, TH is not like those other girls that SH has seduce if anything, she is someone who is the exact opposite.

NOW ABOUT SH.....

my feelings towards him swings from right to left every single time throughout the episode.

There were moments in the episode where I just want to hug him.

The scene of his mother's funeral was just tragic the fact that his father didnt even let him see her was cruel. She was the one thing that SH really loved and cared about and yet his father did not let him do that. I guess with the suspicious nature of how she died, maybe there was indeed a cover up.

Also the part where he actually made a new plate, it was rather subtle but it really showed that SH has compassion and kindness in him. If anything in EP 7&8 we can see him struggle with that kindness a lot.

From whether to fix the plate, to not involve TH in their breakup for their parents marriage, to whether to 'help' TH (especially knowing she would not be able to move) and the last scene in the car after the kiss. There is that struggle and that to be is definitely SH's own personal growth. He has probably never dealt with such feelings before and do for this to be really on his mind, i give him a thumbs up!

giphy.gif

HOWEVER, at times I really dont like him.

giphy.gif

Partially it is because of knowing that he is approaching TH with an ulterior motive and it would not end well. But also like what @sakura2016 said about SJ's influence on SH and very much SH giving into her EVERY SINGLE TIME. that i fear will be somewhat SH's downfall.

Also I understand the trio but sadly I absolutely dont love them together if anything they are incredibly bad for each other and in every way. So I know it sound cruel, but watching the trio break down IN ORDER for all of them to heal, i feel is something I am personally looking forward to.

I know we are going to be in for a rollar coast ride with regards to SH and TH's relationship. But equally so, I feel that the trio need to be pushed over the edge somewhat. They need to confront their own darkest fears, and their own sins to some extend. They each have their own baggages and scars, but rather than face up to those and become a better person. they take a detour and become the very opposite, they use their scars as a way to hurt other people, not caring for anyone but themselves.

I really hope to see that as the trio either break apart or at least drift apart that through that there is personal growth.

• Like 10

I love this drama but I think now I'm turning negative for soo ji  because she hurt my Almighty prince Se joo. When shi hyun asked her why she's hiding truth from Se joo it will hurt him later when he will find out the truth. Her Answer seems very much selfish. 

Tae Hee - Shi Hyun - Soo ji complicated relationship totally equals to their parents relationship. Like history repeating itself. Lol.

Se joo speaking chinese wao .....so cute.

why I'm feeling like may be there will be a kiss between shi hyun and soo ji In upcoming episodes ( Emotional blackmail ). 

it's too complicated to understand her whether she's good or bad .

• Like 9

I think I keep watching this drama to see if'll improve? I somewhat like the characters in their own way but something is always off or missing. Kind of surprised with TH's character, and their relationship (?), I like how TH is showing SH how he can be kind too but I don't think I could ever support a relationship that started out with an ulterior motive.

I'd say it's a pretty messy drama (in terms of relationships). I felt genuinely sad for both SJ and SH when SJ accidentally broke the plate, and SH's reaction towards it. It was an honest accident and it seemed like SH and SJ had a small glimpse of what it's possibly like to lose important people in your life that are always there (in this case, Se Joo and Soo Ji for SH and SH for SJ)

Sometimes how they act is just soo...immature. But then I forgot this an even more heightened and dramatized version of 18 year olds?? haha

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, meiil said:

Oh I think You’re right about the car ride being before and not after the kiss, but she mentioned living with somebody she loves so it was just a foreshadowing bc of their upcoming living together arrangements?! Such a messy editing  ugh hopefully they’ll show it better next week. 

Yeah, they should have made it into an epilogue like other shows like Age of Youth. I'm pretty sure it is a flashback because

1. there's no way the night passed by that fast when they probably got to the house early in the night after going to the dorm,

2. she said they were going to eat when leaving the police station, doesn't make sense that they already ate in the convenience store and then she's going to treat him to food again, and

3. he was driven off in the police car so they didn't bring the car and are commuting home after B) 

Plus she said something along the lines of "they say snowing brings good luck on moving day," and she asked, "do you think something good will happen?" But bad luck hit her when she moved lol, and if that dorm fiasco had already occurred I don't think she'd say such a brazen thing like that even if she was about to shack up with a hot guy... But the twist is that after the fiasco happened she suddenly got her wish. I think it was more a bookmark/placeholder, like the writer wanted to say this is Chapter 2 (them living together)

• Like 8

Btw I’m still really not worried about the ratings coz the drama is slaying popularity charts and international viewers. Home korean ratings aren’t the only factor when it comes to a drama success, plus I have the feeling the ratings itself will rise in the upcoming weeks. So it’s all good :) 

• Like 9

Chingu deul..... guess I'm on the same boat for Soo Ji with most of you.... why she look pathetic today. Why the fuss, and why so nagging for nothing that good at all. 

If I were her, I will accept Shi Yun proposal, get married while he still in love with me, whether its platonic love or passionately love whatever... but Shi Yun will never leave his vow since he see what happen to his mom. Stupid pretty Soo Ji.

So if I summarize this week episode :

- SH mom died because of car accident but regarding to the police report the car never involved in any accident.

- SH never able to attend her funeral because his dad banned him

- SH never met his mom at her end.

- TH was involved in car accident because her mom went crazy over a man (SH dad) for not coming meeting her.

- The elders love relationship is so messed up.

So If I can make a crazy assumption...... IS SHI YUN MOM STILL ALIVE????!!!!!! and SH dad told her to hide to guarantee SH still have name as Kwon Shi Yun and earn legacy from JK group?? That's maybe why even he know SH is not his blood but he can't throw him away. green scarf 37green scarf 37green scarf 37

That is my wild imagination. 

Anyway below are netizen comments on the episode.

[SPOILERS] GREAT SEDUCER E07-08 + RATING

Spoiler

0000362511_001_20180320230708054.jpg

1.png

1.png

1.[+1496, -109] Ah ㅠㅠ I wish there was more of an iron wall but the ending was so good ㅠㅠ I feel sad when I think she will get hurt later but I can't help with the heart fluttering ㅠㅠ

2.[+1004, -109] Tae Hee was so heart fluttering with Si Hyun ㅠㅠ

3.[+887, -107] Ah It's so sweet

4.[+847, -87] Kim So Hyung is slowly getting jealous of Jeon Mi Sun...I'm really curious about how it will develop next week

5.[+766, -96] It's really heart fluttering ㅠㅠㅠ Why is it Tuesday today?

6.[+252, -29] Honestly they suit each other,,, I acknowledge the comments that say It feels like spring when both of them come out,, A drama that awakened my sleeping love cells ㅠㅠ but watching it I felt (the story) was going to the mountain!!! I wish It gets more exciting

7.[+239, -21] I wished there was more iron wall I wanted to see Kwon Si Hyun being desperate a little more but watching the last scene they looked so good together that I don't have anything to say...ㅠㅠㅠㅠ The chemistry is so good

8.[+217, -26] Oh now I understand what kind of content is this ㅋㅋ after knowing it, It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9.[+192, -24] The two of them are so heart fluttering and they suit each other so well

10.[+188, -23] I was surprised at the sudden kiss but it was good ㅠㅠ

11.[+171, -25] When Woo Do Hwan and Joy come out It gets more fun, their chemistry is so good

12.[+169, -24] I had a lot to say but after watching the ending I will forgive you ㅋㅋㅋㅠㅠ They are so heart fluttering

13.[+157, -23] Ah such a cute couple

14.[+152, -21] I started watching it from today and It's more fun than I thought~~~ I will be watch 'Great Seducer' every Mon/Tue~~~

more comments on link above. 
  • Like 8