Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] The Great Seducer, 위대한 유혹자

“Tempted” Tops List Of Most Buzzworthy TV Shows

BWcDhPv.png

MBC’s new drama “Tempted” has already managed to top the list of most buzzworthy TV shows in its first week on air!

According to Good Data Corporation, “Tempted” beat out all other TV shows—both dramas and non-dramas—to claim the title of most buzzworthy show for the week of its premiere. “Tempted” garnered 9.6 percent of this week’s total buzz, with an impressive 24.4 percent share of this week’s drama-related buzz.

Although the drama topped the buzz rankings in the news and in online communities, it performed particularly well on social media—”Tempted” claimed a staggering 41.3 percent of this week’s buzz on Twitter.

“Tempted,” a modern retelling of the classic French novel “Dangerous Liaisons,” stars Woo Do Hwan and Red Velvet’s Joy in a tale of young men and women who find themselves entangled in a reckless game of love and seduction.

The next episode of “Tempted” airs on March 19 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/14/tempted-tops-list-buzzworthy-tv-shows/

• Like 7

The more I think about it, this version should have been made into a film instead. The drama will get dragged due to the amount of episodes. Also as its a plot about seduction the TV drama will show a limited amount of "seduction".

So far the drama is okay, Woo Do Hwan as always has wooed me lol. His acting is always good and my goodness the man is attractive! He is the ultimate seducer. 

Moon Ga Young plays her character very well, I'm impressed. Joy has has limited screen time for now but she's not bad. Her tone and facial expressions are a little off but that's okay, it's just the beginning. Her emotional scene in the 3rd ep where she meets o Do Hwan again was quite good though. Also her bus scene in episode 4 was good, a street smart girl who can handle herself. 

I do still wish it was somebody else that had been casted. I would have preferred a rookie. New talent and a fresh new aura. Just my opinion. 

The parents are all so annoying in this drama. I do end up skipping their scenes, so miserable and sometimes so pointless. I understand the parents are the back story to their kids current state but I just find their parts so wacky. Crazy folks. 

Anyway I'll give it a chance and will keep on watching. 

Edited by kelis
Grammar
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I don't think I have the heart for this kind of story. I saw Dangerous Liaison (original) and Cruel Intentions and it was such an ugly story of deceit and using people for petty ego reasons. Just hurt my soul.   I am hopeful that the Korean version will be more uplifting and less tragic.  Perhaps when you all finish watching it, I will read what you say about how they dealt with it and then think over watching it.

I dont think it will be as ugly as those versions .

• Like 5

@tigro I just wish Joy's agency, SME pushed her to start off with more minor/supportive roles. Instead, I would like Joy to swap with Ga-Young - is also from SME. But even that could be a failure as Joy is far too sweet to play Soo-Ji LoL!:tongue: Thankfully this Drama is short & mostly teen fluff so it's not grating on my nerves as much. Plus it's only 4 ep. so far. Who knows? Joy might surprise us all. 

• Like 8

Glad to see the drama is doing so well in the popularity ranks, it's stayed in the top naver lists both Monday and Tuesday so I was expecting something like this. 

I'm not that worried about the ratings either, bc even tho they are not excellent they are okay even the 2nd day dropping was predictable. The reason why it might not get super high ratings is mostly due to the difficult competition, the M/T slot is a tough one, but ratings are not everything. As we've seen in the past many shows became very popular even tho they didn't perform groundbreaking ratings in Korea. 

• Like 7

Poor Shi Hyun,  looks like he still doesnt know that there is a crack showing on his

armour of the untouchable seducer.

I liked how he looked at THs drawing at the bus station.

That was the first honest look with which he showed interest.

• Like 6

Hi everyone here :D I just finished watching 4 episodes yesterday and I quite like it. The female lead will be Joy, right? She didn't appear much in the first 4 episodes. They showed more of Shi Hyun swooning over the other girl (who's the name? :o Soo Ji?). I would love to see more of Shi Hyun and Tae Hee. They have the chemistry. 

As for everyone that complained about Joy's acting, I know she wasn't that good in acting but she wasn't that bad either. I believe she will improve as episodes go on. How many episodes will this drama have? I hope the plot will be interesting until the end.

i never knew the lead actor before but he is one charming guy :D:D

• Like 7

Okay just watched all the episodes and here are my thoughts.

• Si Hyun - WDH is perfect for this character, I'm happy they decided to go for him. I feel sorry for him when it comes to his father, like I don't understand. If he knew Si Hyun wasn't his son the entire time why even put up with him and his mother? Could he be lying to get rid of him because he wants the company all to himself? Even sending her divorce papers while she was in the hospital was pretty low. And why did we see him near Tae Hee's mother? So many questions! But Si Hyun deserves better.
  • Tae Hee - We haven't seen much of her but I like her. She sees right through our male lead knowing what type he is and that it was his idea of the pervert. She is not falling for it. She's not like the other girls who fall for him as soon as they lay eyes on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell for her first before she falls for him.
  • Soo Ji - I actually like her and support her revenge plan but I feel she's going after the wrong people. Tae Hee and Hye Jung have nothing to do with the situation. If she wants revenge against Ki Young, go after him not these innocent girls. Also her mom sucks, so I'm rooting for Soo Ji to get back at her. I never expected Moon Ga Young for this type of role but she is perfect for this.
  • Se Joo - I find him adorable and kinda love him already. I like that he's the comic relief.
  • Trio - Love the friendship and chemistry but feel sorry for all three of them. I more invested in them at the moment. I can understand why the three of them are they way that they are. Almost Se Joo, don't know his whole story yet. That is something better explained in this than it was in the American adaption (Cruel Intentions), for those who haven't seen it. I can't comment on the book since I've never read it. These three, it's working so keep it up!

Also did they start school late or something? I don't really think I've seen twenty year olds graduate high school. When I found out they were in high school, I thought they would be a time jump because the story said they are in their twenties.

I actually enjoyed it though so far though.

• Like 9

Sejoo x Sooji FMV!! :D

Kim Min Jae x Moon Gayoung

It's me who's always behind you. Like a bodyguard, I'll protect you 

Tribute to Sejoo who always try to help his friend, even though he can't help much:D but he's cute >3<

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 Things We Loved And 3 Things We Hated About The Premiere Of “Tempted”

Read here

se-joo-gif-1.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wotad said:

Alot of those comments can be fans though but it's hard to tell.  I found this its a bit negative to added in spoiler. 

Hide contents
Naver - sports.chosun: 'Great Seducer' ratings has dropped in two days...2%

1.[+688, -111] Please stop adding idols...

2.[+531, -68] I wasn't the only one who changed the channel

3.[+537, -98] I watched it yesterday and it was childish and the female lead's acting was awkward...

4.[+400, -71] Radio Romance 2.9 and Great Seducer 2.7 ㅋㅋㅋ...

5.[+277, -57] ㅉ.ㅉ

6.[+210, -45] Joy should practice her acting a little more

7.[+182, -44] I wish you didn't add an idol into a serious drama..

8.[+177, -47] Because It has an idol, I can't get immersed or even watch it

9.[+151, -36] I watched it yesterday and It was a little...But aren't there a lot of rookies and good actresses? Their acting is just like a bunch of kids ㅡㅡ

10.[+140, -34] Soon, we will be seeing idols as news anchors~

I personally dont think shes that bad but the neitzens saying shes really good just seem like fans ;p

Anyways ive said enough about this, i still like the drama. 

Yeah lol practically what I've stated before. That's not even harsh compared to i-netizens. Again, practically just pointing out the idol part as I mentioned before, and how she needs work and is awkward. I don't consider those hate comments, more like criticism. But thanks for taking the time to show proof :)

But yeah--I don't get it. For those who are saying she's not that bad or that is has gotten better...they just have to be fans according to you and others. But for those who says she's bad and shouldn't even be in there, we can't  consider them haters bc they're entitled to criticize? I don't get that logic. 

But thanks again ;P

• Like 2

Finally caught up. I'm enjoying it so far. Let the seduction begin although I could say that SH will fall for her hard first lol. Man the look of his face when she didn't fall for his charms and questioned his presence in the bus was priceless. He is going to have a hard time and I'm going to enjoy his suffering lol:D:D:D. This is my first time with Joy and she is doing better. But I have one complain about the way they edit the scenes. It's so confusing. I hope I'm not the one one:blink:.

• Like 7

K-Drama Reaction: The Great Seducer | Episodes 3-4

joy-woo-do-hwan-1-e1521098837422.jpg?w=8
Date: March 15, 2018 Author: unicaahjumma

Could it be possible for a love that started with bad intentions to blossom into a pure one?

STOP THE MARRIAGE WITH ANOTHER MARRIAGE

crop_20180315_151434.jpg?w=616crop_20180315_151422.jpg?w=616

The sudden engagement announcement of Kwon Si-hyun’s (Woo Do-hwan) father and Choi Soo-ji’s (Moon Ga-young) mother turned the two youngsters into emotional wrecks with Si-hyun almost hitting Eun Tae-hee (Joy) with his car and Soo-ji having a breakdown. The scene where Si-hyun tried to pacify and stop Soo-ji from hurting herself further left me with a really good impression about these two young stars’ acting. It’s so daebak.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/03/15/k-drama-reaction-the-great-seducer-episodes-3-4/

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@tigro I just wish Joy's agency, SME pushed her to start off with more minor/supportive roles. Instead, I would like Joy to swap with Ga-Young - is also from SME. But even that could be a failure as Joy is far too sweet to play Soo-Ji LoL!:tongue: Thankfully this Drama is short & mostly teen fluff so it's not grating on my nerves as much. Plus it's only 4 ep. so far. Who knows? Joy might surprise us all. 

just thought that joy would have been perfect in the role of soo-ji:wub:,  joy is really sexy:D and she has a dangerous look when she sings, and  very hot, it's a shame, it must be said that her role actually is more kind and candid. But joy is good actress.

I hope that we will show much more joy in the next episodes, she is still the main actress, female lead

• Like 2

I know they were aiming to have a younger cast. 

But if Park Bo Young was just a bit taller, I would've loved to see her in Joy's role. Bo Young has been playing rom-coms for her dramas, so I would love to see her take on a little more dramatic role with a role like Tae Hee. She still has such a baby face, so she could still fit this "college" youth type age range. 

I would've liked to see Park So Dam too. She pulls of this innocent vibe. She's not a strong actress but I think she could've pulled it off too. She's been MIA since the one with Il Woo.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RPM said:

Soo Ji and Se Joo are so adorable together. Visually, they're the Nate/Serena of the show to me (you know, since people keep talking about Gossip Girl lol). Both conventionally cute/pretty, they make a pretty pairing visually. Also...MinJae is pretty cute, cutest boy of the show by far IMO. I need more scenes with these two and less weird parent scenes that make no sense. 

Anyway, watched the last two episodes. Still all over the place when it comes to editing and screenplay. But it's fun regardless, thanks to the younger people. I liked MinJae/Se Joo in the last episode, he is a whole cutie. His family situation is really fun to watch as well, unlike the boring angsty family drama of the other three. Shi Hyun and Soo Ji continue to have good chemistry BUT I also liked Shi Hyun with Tae Hee in the bus sequence. Tae Hee, as a character, isn't very intriguing to me but I am enjoying her dynamics with Shi Hyun. Soo Ji looks flawless in every scene as usual, she is a legit style crush. That said, her and Shi Hyun's angsty drama is getting on my nerves despite their good chemistry. I like her much better with Se Joo, they are actually fun together. Anyway, I don't really understand the thought process behind making Soo Ji obsessed with punishing her ex through his first love and fiance. Like, it made sense when Kathryn did it because Kathryn was an iconic vindictive anti-heroine...but the writer is making Soo Ji a sympathetic character while throwing her characterization out of the window at the same time. This is why the drama is so all over the place. The writing is so half-baked. I actually am not liking Shi Hyun that much either, he is so needlessly dramatic/weepy. I think I am enjoying Tae Hee more than him as a character at this point. Their scenes are okay because Tae Hee tones down his teenage angst lmao. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aznlad33 said:

Yeah lol practically what I've stated before. That's not even harsh compared to i-netizens. Again, practically just pointing out the idol part as I mentioned before, and how she needs work and is awkward. I don't consider those hate comments, more like criticism. But thanks for taking the time to show proof :)

But yeah--I don't get it. For those who are saying she's not that bad or that is has gotten better...they just have to be fans according to you and others. But for those who says she's bad and shouldn't even be in there, we can't  consider them haters bc they're entitled to criticize? I don't get that logic. 

But thanks again ;P

Spoiler

Maybe i didnt explain it well ,what i meant was fans can shield her acting . We cant really judge if shes gotten better on what we have seen so far so its pretty obvious those overly praising are fans. Its hard to decide who are fans and who are haters though. 

10 minutes ago, fallinlava06 said:

W

First comment ive seen of someone hating Shi Hyun ;o 

• Like 2