[Drama 2018] Through the Waves, 야파도야 파도야

0ly40

Through the Waves

TV-Novel-%E2%80%93-Waves-Waves-03.jpg

Details:

English title: Waves Waves (working title)

Original title: 야파도야 파도야

Episodes: 143

Network: KBS

Airdate: Feb 12 to aug 31, 2018

Time: Mon-Fri 9:00 KST

Directed by Lee Deok Geon

Screenplay by Lee Hyang Won, Lee Hyeon Jae

Plot:

A human family drama depicting the story of a family of five women who lost their property and became separated families after the war.

Cast:

Ah Young

Jay Kim

Park Jung Wook

Note: This drama will replace TV Novel "Dal Soon's Spring"

source: hancinema

Official site:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/wave/

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, the adult cast starts tonight. The title of this drama describes everything they're going through perfectly. They truly are going through wave after wave since the big move. I can only imagine what's it like going from rich to poor all in a few weeks. The father is nowhere to be found and now the youngest son is possibly crippled. What else is there?  And we just on episode 5, so let's get ready for more cruelty toward this family. 

Spoiler

The scene where Choon-Ja made me laugh.
Now i understand better when her father makes fun of her because of the pant.

Speaking of her father do you think he helps Bok Sil mother as a friend or they might be something later?

Apparently Jung Hoon will be the tutor of the brat Mi Jin.
He's going to meet the man who stole his mother/grand mother gold...

Forgive me, I am a couple episodes behind. If I am confused now it will only get worse. So is the dad of the 4 kids dead, MIA in NK or something else? Did the family originally flee from NK to Busan, and then to Seoul? And the dad went back to get his sister, right? Is he a spy? I didn't think so.

Now there's a time jump and a whole bunch of new characters to sort out when I don't even have the backstory straight!

54 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

So is the dad of the 4 kids dead, MIA in NK or something else? Did the family originally flee from NK to Busan, and then to Seoul? And the dad went back to get his sister, right? Is he a spy? I didn't think so.

Hi chingu  I thought I was the only one watching this drama. @shamrockmom  To be honest I just started watching this drama and I am kinda confused. I think the father is just MIA. Your theory makes sense chingu, they are north koreans who immigrated illegally to South Korea.  The mom and grandmother acts like people on the run. I don't think the father is a spy but they are running away from something. 

BS is a brat but a cute brat. I hope as the drama progresses she matures a bit more.

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi chingu  I thought I was the only one watching this drama. @shamrockmom  To be honest I just started watching this drama and I am kinda confused. I think the father is just MIA. Your theory makes sense chingu, they are north koreans who immigrated illegally to South Korea.  The mom and grandmother acts like people on the run. I don't think the father is a spy but they are running away from something. 

BS is a brat but a cute brat. I hope as the drama progresses she matures a bit more.

I agree.

But there are 120 episodes so i wonder when we will know more about the father.

Archived