Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

I could say that for a romance ep 37~38 was already a top tier ending and at first i could not tolerate Jing Wu taking a great part in the main group... but now on 45 im relieved for being back in this awesome drama... Lu Zhao Yao just cut his lines saying the he never could be her lover, after all they just met at the wrong time.

Just started in this "Drama world" a few weeks back when i finished Fight Breaks Spheres and started The Legends for the Wuxia history line, but i just love it, i accidentaly found this forum when i was looking for some pics to do a fan art.

my english is very bad, but still wanted to express my love for this show.

• Like 5

This drama had problems with editing and writing especially in the last third but it had one of the best romances and lead OTP I have watched in a C-drama. Bai Lu and Xu Kai had incredible chemistry.

Seventeen was funny and adorable.  I also enjoyed the strong female friendships between Lu ZhaoYao and Qin ZhiYan and how their friendship made them stronger and change for the better.  Bai Lu and XiaoYan's acting really impressed me in this drama especially Xiao Yan and how she managed to play both normal Qin Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao's Zhi Yan.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, raziela said:

Bai Lu and XiaoYan's acting really impressed me in this drama especially Xiao Yan and how she managed to play both normal Qin Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao's Zhi Yan.

Me too. She even stole the limelight of the FL in White Snake. It is time for her to get a leading role.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 5:34 PM, usagi1997 said:

Me too. She even stole the limelight of the FL in White Snake. It is time for her to get a leading role.

I definitely agree!

On 7/28/2019 at 4:45 AM, raziela said:

I definitely agree!

On 7/25/2019 at 12:34 AM, usagi1997 said:

She has a leading role in 

• Thanks 2

On 8/3/2019 at 4:29 AM, bluehibiscus said:

She has a leading role in 

Yes! I'm looking forward to seeing her in the lead.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, aprincessofmars said:

@sakisuki @Alila Nguyen @bluehibiscus

I'm back again! I really want to say thanks for patiently waiting. After two weeks of effort, I have the videos uploaded to show for it. I can't believe it took this long but I ran into multiple issues. My old laptop has keyboard and mouse issues. My video program randomly deleted my renders into oblivion after they finished, leaving me no choice but to repeat the process all over again. On top of that I lost internet when it was time to upload. This drama has made me cry in more ways then one.

*The UpToSteam links offers streaming the videos in reduced quality, but if you opt to download it instead, you get the original size.

Watch Here

That aside, I want to mention few things about the edits.

They're are 6 edited episodes in totalEp. 50 to 55.  Starting off is Ep. 50; events after the Feng Mo mountain incident, remains mostly the same. I only edited one scene out and placed it in the following episode. Ep. 51 and 52 start the huge changes. Ep. 53; the arena battle, remains mostly the same with Episode 54 and 55 containing the last major changes. I suspect some scenes were trimmed of contradicting dialogue in order for the "happy ending" we got, to make some-what sense. With sleuthing, my edited version is my best guess at the original flow of events. Or at least now it flows as well as it can with what I was given to use, chopped scenes and all. 

When you watch, some scene transitions might be a little jarring. I did my best with fade-outs but at times the music wouldn't cooperate and fade-out on a nice note. I tried. However as I said previously, I did take the effort of fixing the random audio spikes. The last three episodes should sound the smoothest, since I paid more attention as I progressed. 

For subtitles, I used Rockfella's downloadable subs as a base and credit them at the start of each video. Whenever I felt the English read a little awkwardly, I took the liberty of re-wording the dialogue to be more concise, but kept the meaning. I've haven't yet gone back to double checked for misspellings/grammar. 

Rolling credits on the very last episode, I used my creative license and replaced the ending song with "Zhao Yao" by Chen Chusheng and Hu Shasha. This was just for personal preference, as I always prefer something different at the end of a series. It fits really nicely too.

All In all I hope you enjoy this fan edit version. Feel free to share or re-upload them anywhere you want, if you want. Only exception might be YouTube due to their copyright policies, you would probably receive a take-down notice. 

Please can you repaired the link for ep 55. I can't download or streaming it. all the others (ep 50-54) work well on upstream link. I really want to watch that. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Hendry Teng said:

Please can you repaired the link for ep 55. I can't download or streaming it. all the others (ep 50-54) work well on upstream link. I really want to watch that. Thank you.

also episode 54 the download link is not worked too.

6 hours ago, Hendry Teng said:

also episode 54 the download link is not worked too.

What a coincidence that just before I saw your post, I updated the links. You should be fine now. :) First two links are stream-able the second two are for downloading. I'm running out of sites that I'm aware of to upload to because these sites keeping dropping like flies. That's why I had to settled for two download only links instead.

3 minutes ago, Hendry Teng said:

Thank you so much for the link. It worked now. Btw the scene of ZY and MQ child is not there?

Yes, It's not in the edit, I left it out. I thought it was kinda of weird how they repurposed footage to make it seem like it was their kids. But I see that it's actually sorta cute in a weird way, and kind of affirms that they had a happy ending, like in the novel. To make up for it I'm going to put it back it when I redo the last six episodes for a new version of The Legends that I'm currently editing. It won't be finished for a while yet, though.