Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

8 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

Thanks for this. I was kinda confused because I thought he recognised her from her fighting movement but she didn’t even fight at that time.

What episode is this? Did ZY finally gets her own body back or she still the double of QZY?

In kungfu, or martial art universe (talking Louis Cha preference since I grew up watching them), the internal force is somewhat unique as well (along side special moves). We have to remember that LZY is from a different sect all together to anything exist in that world, her kungfu came from her family, so her internal force alone is unique enough, and those unique quality tends to come out quite clearly in desperation, which she was when she was fighting with northern leader, as she has not fully regain her strength. Obviously you only definitely figure out the difference in internal force if you fight directly against that opponent, however, the aura and style that were unique to her (because she always fight best when it comes to desperation, LCL saw it with his own eyes when she was trying to rescue him in their initial meeting) also come out when she used all her strength/internal force. And because he knows her so well, he knew it was her, couple with the suspicion of how she sometimes acts so much like the one he loves.

My point is she was fighting, just use her internal force to block lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cathy Tran said:

its so good tomorrow we can see next epiosde 53 or 54 kissing scene and MO Qing turning we waiting for this

here is previews

where did you see it? youtube does not have the latest episodes yet :/

Regarding Luo Mingxuan’s new surge in power. He’s now super powerful because he practiced the Jiang Family’s forbidden technique which involves absorbing the life force and internal energy/years of cultivation out of others.This technique is forbidden because it goes against the law of Heaven and what caused the Jiang family to be cursed to die at age 30 for generations. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SunnySideEgg said:

where did you see it? youtube does not have the latest episodes yet :/

Those are review only. The actual episodes are not air until tonight and tomorrow.

are we still on a 55ep count? Or has it increased?

quite love last night two episodes though a bit puzzling with ZY’s hair style, she’s ping pong between housewife/gf and battle hair style. On another note, MQ is being guard by other during the day, but by her at night time :wub: my mind is totally not dirty thinking of those two alone in a room at night time at all :joy: also MQ’s full demonic mode is hot hot hot! :sweatingbullets:

Also there are random episodes being eng sub on YouTube, I think it’s ep 44. Apparently, the subber only sub the episode he likes. According to him, he’s doing/uploading 45 in the next few days. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Anyone, like me, confused with how they edited last night episodes? Episode 51 still okay for 3/4 part, but in the end there is a Li Chen Lan scene that I believe, have been cropped out from early section of the drama because the hairdo is different. Episode 52 is even worse. The library scene just cut out and continued in the last part of the episode.

Anyone watching other version, would you please enlightened me on how exactly the order of scene of last night episodes??:cry:

12 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Thanks for sharing! This week's eps and the preview look really good, that it got me back to being excited about new episodes which I havent been for a while. Definitely miss this feeling.

It seems that ZY is starting to be really desperate, and that one dialogue during their fight, with just so few words can make it so heartbreaking...

Spoiler

ZY: MQ, it's me.

Demonic MQ: You? So what if it's you?

• Like 2

A not so quick summary of ep 51

Spoiler

Luo Mingxuan is preparing to attack Wan Lu Men,but first he’s going to punish the Immortal Sects who dare defy him: Qian Chen Ge, Kan Wu Lou and probably Jian Xin Men. He also ordered a hit on Jin Xiu probably for knowing too much about the source of his powers.

Tea shop owner goes to buy back his memories and finds out he’s a descendant of the Li family. In his youth he was tempted by a dragon and let it become one with him in return for supreme power. He drew out his Xinmo and passed it onto his new born son and instantly regrets it. Mo Qing is now the vessel for his fathers Xinmo,but father decides not to kill him because it is his own fault that he has a Xinmo.His Xinmo is probably his thirst for power.  He decides to steal the Wan Jun sword up with his own blood because he was being controlled by it. What good is supreme power if you loose your own personality? Tea shop owner cries with regret for his past actions. So Mo Qing really is the Demon King’s son, he just inherited his fathers Xinmo and is prone to possession by the dragon who tempts him with the same power as it did to his father.

Mo Qing becomes demonic and almost kills Shi Qi with the Wan Jun sword but is stopped by Zhao Yao who knocks it out of his hand.

Its revealed that Mo Qing escaped from his chains in the sealing cave with the help of a dragon, the same one that possessed his father. The dragon is the physical embodiment of the Wan Jun Sword and it is now one with him making it harder for Mo Qing to control his demonic side.Zhao Yao suggests sealing Wan Jun sword up but Mo Qing hesitates because of Luo Mingxuan’s revival since he will definitely unite all the Immortal Sects to attack Wan Lu Men. He also tells Zhao Yao that he wants to protect her (but can’t if he seals Wan Jun away) She tells him to forget about her vendetta against Luo Mingxuan  and that her life’s purpose is not just to seek revenge on Luo Mingxuan but to protect Mo Qing and Mo Qing agrees. Si Ma Rong suggests sealing Wan Jun back in the Tomb of Swords because that was where it originated. So the Wan Jun sword is actually sentient because it is possessed by an evil force and actually choose Mo Qing because he’s the last descendent of the Li family

Si Ma Rong tells Mo Qing that even without sealing Wan Jun sword up he can no longer use his powers and will be just like an ordinary man. Mo Qing says that he will no longer be a threat to ordinary people either. Si Ma Rong asks if Mo Qing is afraid that one day he will no longer able to control himself and hurt Zhao Yao? Mo Qing admits that he is afraid he will hurt other innocents. He then says the line from the trailer “Ever since I was sealed in Feng Mo Mountain, my life became rough and I endured countless hardships, I once thought it was fine if I brought calamity  to this world but the appearance on that person in my life made me fall in love with this life I once despised. I want to protect Lu Zhao Yao and protect the mountains,rivers and the world that raised her.”

Si Ma Rong decides not to revive the doll version of Yue Zhu because he realises that he has been selfish. The doll isn’t a replacement for Yue Zhu but her own person.

Luo Mingxuan asks Lin Zi Yu to go back to Wan Luo Men to become his informant about Mo Qing’s level of power and what’s happening there. He assures her he will definitely kill Lu Zhao Yao and the  blood of the Demon King’s son will be on his hands.

Zhao Yao tells Mo Qing that once things have settled down in Jiang Hu she wants to leave matters to someone else (Zhi Yan)  wander the world with him and live an ordinary life. Mo Qing is surprised she no longer wants to be overlord of everything and she replies that it’s enough that she’s overlord of his heart.Mo Qing replies that, then she has already succeeded. Zhao Yao says that now that Luo Mingxuan is still alive, Jiang Hu will have to face countless bloodshed and Lu He sword (is still in Luo Mingxuan’s hands). She regrets ever asking Mo Qing to retrieve Lu He. Mo Qing replies that whatever happens,it was his choice and for her not to think on it too much. Zhao Yao tells Mo Qing that she will protect him and suggests that after they visit the Tomb of Swords that they finish their wedding ceremony and he agrees but his eyes start turning red.

The immortal sects have another meeting, this time with Luo Mingxuan as Leader. He assures everyone that as the Golden Immortal he will lead the Immortal Sects back to their days of glory and wants everyone to join in to destroy Wan Lu Men. Qin Qianxian asks Lu Mingxuan how his power has improved in such a short amount of time but the Sect leaders under Lu Mingxuan’s control protest him questioning his authority.Lu Mingxuan pretends the rumours about him stealing the Xu Zong Men secret technique are false. He lies and says that Liu Su Ruo transferred all her power to him before her death and it was through his own cultivation that he attained this level of power. He blames  the annihilation of Xu Zong Men on Zhao Yao,Li Chen Lan and Jiang Wu and suggests that Zhao Yao has had her eyes on the Xu Zong Men secret technique to cure her strange illness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I’ve watched up to ep 19 (so my question might be answered in subsequent episodes), but at this point does LCY knows that ZY is a ghost/invisible during the day. He seems to know that during the day, he sees QZY and during the night its ZY, but its unclear whether he knows that ZY also wanders around him unseen during the day. I think Sima Rong sort of awares that ZY is nearby and unseen , but LCY doesn’t seem to know yet?

This is a very funny clip if you understand Chinese! Not sure who made it.

The song is called 3 Auspicious Treasures (a metaphor for 3 members who form a family nucleus) and the lyrics consist of a child asking his father and mother questions and them answering. JW is like the son and LCL and ZY the parents.  Here are the original lyrics for anyone who wants to attempt a translation.

https://mojim.com/cny106514x2x2.htm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

I’ve watched up to ep 19 (so my question might be answered in subsequent episodes), but at this point does LCY knows that ZY is a ghost/invisible during the day. He seems to know that during the day, he sees QZY and during the night its ZY, but its unclear whether he knows that ZY also wanders around him unseen during the day. I think Sima Rong sort of awares that ZY is nearby and unseen , but LCY doesn’t seem to know yet?

Correct me if I am wrong, but if i remember correctly, ep 19 is around the time Sima Rong was kidnapped by JW and rescued. At that point, i think LCL still doesnt know that ZY is invisible during the day.

When Sima Rong asked about Qin Zhi Yan when he first saw her in ep 15 as LCL's disciple, LCL revealed to Sima Rong that she is actually Zhao Yao. But LCL also told him that she is not completely ZY, only at night she is. And LCL asked Sima Rong if there is such a thing as a soul borrowing a body to return (the term he used is here jiè shī huán hún, literally meaning to reincarnate in another's body/ borrow another's body to return the soul). So it implies that while he knows that during the day, she is QZY and at night she is Zhao Yao, he doesn't really understand the mechanism of it or her invisibility yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Awwww, I thought The Legends ended at ep 54 and gone to skip to the end. Nope  Grand Finale is ep 55 which is aired tonight. Fingers crossed for a happy ending:kiss_wink:

Same!! Lol! I literally jump to end of ep 54 first, only then i realised there is another episode!! :P

Sigh.... what a mess! Ep 53 is all over the place... they forgot they haven’t got back the Lu He sword??? They destroyed my bed scene because the leading to it was so illogical that the scene felt flat :unamused: my brain is like what happen? Why? Huh? It shown that they didn’t manage to film a lot of scenes and now they just scramble to put whatever together for the ending.... ok.... I’m only half way through 53 and uh!!!!

ok, just finished 54, I’m rolling my eyes so hard right now. 

This is how the order should be

Spoiler

They were supposed to fight LMX first, get the sword back, bed scene then LCL turned full demonic, and she teleported him to the sword cave and there they have a final confrontation. 

However, I guess they didn’t have all the scenes in between, sooo they swap the order around. The pendant were missing for the first half of 53 =.= the random insert bed scene to please fans??? And the unexplained double lu he sword, and the unexplained full demonic LCL turn back to normal LCL just for the bed scene.

not only it’s rushed (kinda, but not really, more like they don’t have the required scene to make it clear), it’s totally illogical at this point. And with only 45mins left for 55, I wonder how we get from killing LMX to the HE. So yup, the writer is right, ain’t gonna be a HE when they didn’t even film one.

Big sigh! So disappointed! After such strong 2 eps from last night, it literally fell apart with these 2. I think the story would have enough meat if they didn’t do all the mumbo jumbo after the wedding to before LMX. They would reach 55, if they just do it right -.- shame on you, writers and novel writer -.- cave in to capitalism -.- my 2 lead characters got destroyed thanks to you guys -.-

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

From the tea shop owners memories:

1. Mo Qing is actually human,he just has his fathers Xinmo inside himself. Unlike Jiang Wu who is a manifestation of Qin Qianxian’s obsession with Zhao Yao.

2.The dragon Mo Qing sees when he turns demonic is the spirit of Wan Jun Sword.

3. The dragon is actually evil and makes its host do evil stuff

• Like 6