[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

I don’t mind more fillers as long as we get an equal amount of MQ and ZY together.

I really want to see a jealous Zhao Yao because there was none in the novel and she had no competition. Maybe a scene of ZY seeing Lin Zhi Yu getting close to her bae and being like he’s mine and no one can touch him. “I’ve already left my mark on those lips and sealed this deal so back off lady! He will be my responsibility!” :joy:  

@xienrue Yes, agreed!!! I love when costars have great chemistry off screen as well. I guess one thing is also because these two are under the same company so they are like really good friends/costars.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Alila Nguyen 

Im pretty sure there will be youtube uploads later. The official youtube channel that handles the drama does upload BTS but MUCH LATER. I link the weibo ones because it is the fastest source. It much easier to find these things on weibo than it is on youtube. Maybe try the link again later? VPNs? but i have been getting by without a vpn despite being outside of china. 

How about you try downloading the video instead? Copy the link and google search some weibo to mp4 converter. Perhaps that might work? 

<converter> I tried with the link to the first BTS. It works. takes around 1min  to convert, then a link appears check on it, new tab appears with the video embedded. You dont even have to download it.

Bts 1 (link with weibo.com format)

Kiss bts 2

On 3/6/2019 at 5:47 AM, frostflower14 said:

EB15936-A-4-D50-467-D-A23-E-FE7-B46725-CProfile of Zhao Yao

Blood Type: AB

Star Sign: Leo

Martial Arts Level: 5 stars

Intelligence: 3 stars

Delusional Value: 5 stars

Loves: Running above humanity in the mountain tops

Influence level in Jiang Hu: 100%

Weapon in Possession of: Lu He Tian Yi Sword (Lu He refers to Heaven, Earth,North, South, East and West, so it means The Universe Under Heaven Sword)

"Delusional Value: 5 stars " :joy:

Also I'm pretty sure they probably did the deed in the drama as well, since in like 90% of c-dramas, they always are perfectly clothed afterward XD Same with k-dramas

ahahahahaa those BTS are soooooo funny :D

Recap ep 31

Spoiler

In ep 31, they continue the fight between Luo Mingxuan  and Zhao Yao. Luo Mingxuan uses the other four Sect leaders to protect himself but Zhao Yao has Mo Qing who is a one man army. Zhao Yao asks Mo Qing to handle the four Sect leaders while she handles Luo Mingxuan and Liu Su Ruo.

Mo Qing is able to easily detain the Sect leaders and tells her that there is no need to worry about the 4 Sect leaders, the last two people he will help her face.Zhao Yao remarks that if he defeats them so easily , then where is he throwing her former glory as the Sect Leader of Wan Lu Mon?  He answers, “That’s  because they opposed you first, so they used up all their strength  so now I can easily defeat them.”

She remarks that he sure knows how to make a ladder for her (flatter her pride) Zhao Yao says to Mo Qing that she did not know he has always been silent and gentle like this. She asks him, that year I said I wanted to find him what how did you feel? ( he doesn’t answer)

Zhao Yao says to Luo Mingxuan that he has delayed her many times. He summons his phoenix but Zhao Yao is able to bat it away. Luo Mingxuan tells Zhao Yao that her grandfather took her place to die in the Divine Phoenixes fire, but now she cannot think to escape this time. She replies that, today he will be forced to die. 

Mo Qing tells Zhao Yao he will kill the Phoenix so she can kill Luo Mingxuan. He transforms into a dragon (that might be why he has visions of patting a dragon when he turns demonic?) and fights the Phoenix in the sky. Zhao Yao says to herself that she doesn’t have much time left. 

The next scene shows how Zhi Yan is able to help Liu Cangling and his father escape prison and bring them back to Wan Lu Men. Then the opening scene where Zhao Yao defeats Luo Mingxuan by stabbing him in the chest and using her blood to seal him SHOULD be inserted.Looks like Luo Mingxuan and Liu Su Ruo both get engulfed in the Phoenix’s fire.

Zhao Yao falls into Mo Qing’s arms and tells him that life has not gone according to her wishes, unlike him. He smiles and they kiss, but she cries and tells him her time is up and for him not  to cry,before disappearing and exploding with a bang.

Zhi Yan and A Dai show up and Mo Qing asks where is Lu Zhao Yao. She answers that she doesn’t know and he asks where could Zhao Yao go? Zhi Yan says she doesn’t know where Zhao Yao could have gone but suggests that maybe she went back to Wan Lu Men and Mo Qing walks away. 

Zhi Yan asks A Dai to help her bring Liu Cangling and his father back to Wan Lu Men to get treated. A Dai wonders why Mo Qing just mentioned the former Sect Leader and Zhi Yan says she will explain to him later.

Jiang Wu finds the cave where he was “born” and has a vision of Qin Qianxian chanting in front of a block of ice containing Zhao Yao’s body. Qin Qianxian says to Zhao Yao his xin mo (mind demon) was born because of her and will be destroyed because of her. Jiang Wu says “Lu Zhao Yao? I was born because of you? Qin Qianxian what will everyone say when they find out you have earthly desires,what will happen to you?”

Mo Qing shows up after looking through the entire  Chen Ze mountain and faints from exhaustion. Zhao Yao sees herself in a dark pit before waking up in the Ghost Market. She sees the shop keeper who sold her the power boosting pills. He demands extra payment because she went over her time limit, but she argues that she went over the time limit due to her own skills and refuses to pay (he demanded 13000 extra of what ever currency they use). Zhao Yao complains that the pill made her explode and he quickly writes down the result since it was an experimental pill to begin with. When Zhao Yao tries to leave, the shop keeper guy tells her that if she doesn’t pay, she will get even less money for her good deeds and the prices of items will be further inflated for her. She tells him to get the money from her “mother in law” since she was the person who brought the pill in the first place and now that she is her daughter in law this debt should be paid by her. Zhao Yao asks the shop keeper where is her “husband” and “mother in law”. He replies that he doesn’t know but they said that while she was away they would use her birth date and birth time to see her past life. Zhao Yao remarks that she doesn’t know if her past will scare them or not.

Zhao Yao’s mother in law angrily approaches her with the mirror showing her past and demands why she deceived her. Zhao Yao says if she is unhappy then they can get a divorce, but the scholar says no they can’t. Mother in law laments that her son is kind hearted and can find a better woman, so there is no need to pick up this...How can he choose this Hu Li Jing (vixen) that deceived her husbands family? Zhao Yao tells her that people who have bad mouthed her have reincarnated so many times already, even if they are in the ghost market she should be careful with her words. Mother in law shows her the mirror, so she can see for herself her scandalous misdeed! It shows what year,what month,what time and what place and with whom she did something.

The mirror says on 3rd of October in the year of the ox, under the temple in front of Wan Lu Men on Chen Ze mountain... Zhao Yao  asks:“Lu Zhao Yao did what??? And with Li Chen Lan with rough and savage actions. What is this? What crime is this? What? Me and whom, did what all night and rough and savage as well? What does this last line say? What is this?

Zhao Yao says that she will admit to arson and murder but will not admit to this “crime”.Me and Mo Qing? What nonesense is this? Who wrote this? Are you kidding me? She tries to smash the mirror and all three of them are arrested for stealing the mirror.

In Wan Lu Men, Mo Ching still asks if they have found Zhao Yao and tries to get up to find her but is knocked out by Gu Han Guang. Mo Qing calls out “Zhao Yao, come back”  and “Where  are you” in his sleep. A Dai wonders that wasn’t Mo Ching in love with Zhi Yan? How come it’s now the former Sect Leader?

In prison, Zhao Yao says she is familiar with the date of her crime because ten days prior, she had killed Luo Mingxuan for the first time. During the battle she was badly injured, fell unconscious and was brought back to Wan Lu Men by her guards. Gu Han Guang treated her for seven days and seven nights before he could save her little life.

After recovering from her wounds Zhao Zhao, threw a party for three days and nights and got really really drunk.They told her she burned down Xi Yue Mountain, climbed on the roof and became a scary drunk. In the jail cell, Zhao Yao says, “Unless it was that night?”

Zhao Yao is still stuck in prison unless she can pay for stealing the mirror. The scholar assured her that they didn’t really cause any trouble so the law enforcement here won’t really hassle them, they just need to pay to get released. If she has no money, he will help her pay but his mother yells at him saying that Zhao Yao has already deceived them and caused him to get imprisoned, now he wants to help her pay? Mother in law calls Zhao Yao a vixen and says she owes them money. The scholar says whether it is good or bad it is fate. Mother yells that he has been seduced by the vixen. Zhao Yao suggests that they help her pay the bail, then they can get a green letter (divorce paper) and she will find people to do good deeds to pay them back. Zhao Yao assures them that she doesn’t like people owing her anything and doesn’t like to owe anyone.Since she has no money the mother in law refuses to give Zhao Yao a divorce unless she can pay them back.

Once they get released, Zhao Yao asks what the scholars name is so she can get people to do good deeds for him and repay his money. The scholars name is actually Cao Ning and he says that she doesn’t need to pay him back,he will tell his mother and she doesn’t need to write the divorce paper. Zhao Yao says “No we do need to write the divorce paper, I have someone I want to marry. The money needs to be repaid  you won’t be missing a cent but first could I borrow some money?”

Mo Qing still tries to find Zhao Yao with his powers but Si Ma Rong tells him he needs to rest. Mo Qing asks him if he knows about the Ghost Market? He answers that it’s a secret place, regardless of poverty or wealth, high or low martial arts skills, it only accepts people who are fated. There are many rumours about this place but most of it is hearsay, people who have actually seen it are very few. Mo Qing asks Si Ma Rong if he could find a way for him to enter the ghosts market.

Anyone else think the rough and savage actions meant that they actually “did” the deed, but it was censored out?

7 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Apparently there was a scene where Lin Zhi Yu handed the lighting sword to Luo Ming Xuan which lead to the speculations that ZY borrowed Jiang Wu's sword. I think Jiang Wu might have died at this point. After all, MQ descends to a demonic state after Jiang Wu awaken him with his 'last breath'. 

@DontEatMyKimchi probably after the wedding? Did JW find out that the other girl is ZY? 

@frostflower14  so I have a question about QQX

Spoiler

Jiang Wu was technically created by QQX's xinmo or created from Lu Zhao Yao (but how since she was unconscious?) Does this mean that QQX had somewhat fallen for LZY?

Also a new ship has been created and I'm all for it:

Spoiler

ships.png?w=249&h=209ships2.png?w=383&h=209

Omo! Look at the hand holding to stay warm like damn you do have earthly desires :lol:

His smirk at her though, hehehe.

Shi Qi is another strong female character that's not afraid to use her strength, and I want her to carry me too :joy:

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Anyone else think the rough and savage actions meant that they actually “did” the deed, but it was censored out? 

I laughed out loud reading "rough and savage" in your recap :joy:. I believe the drama went to modesty route and did not show too much of the deed. It was also possible that the actors did more but got censored. Whatever it was, the drama telling us that our couple really did it even though lots of it went offscreen. I know all of us kind of wanting more since the detail in novel is quite hot, but I understand why the drama chose this way.

Are you doing recap for episode 32, too? Please .....

2 hours ago, btsgomo said:

@frostflower14  so I have a question about QQX

Hide contents

Jiang Wu was technically created by QQX's xinmo or created from Lu Zhao Yao (but how since she was unconscious?) Does this mean that QQX had somewhat fallen for LZY?

Also a new ship has been created and I'm all for it:

Hide contents

ships.png?w=249&h=209ships2.png?w=383&h=209

Omo! Look at the hand holding to stay warm like damn you do have earthly desires :lol:

His smirk at her though, hehehe.

Shi Qi is another strong female character that's not afraid to use her strength, and I want her to carry me too :joy:

About jiang wu

Spoiler

He is indeed QQX’s xinmo (bad thoughts), because QQX did fallen for ZY. He felt for her after being kidnapped, stared at and poked on the cheeks by ZY for 2 days :lol:

however, the fact that it left his body means he has transcended to a new level, able to get rid of his xinmo. It just that, the xinmo (I guess created from such a pure being is quite strong), and was able to feed on the suffering souls in the war, and that’s why he manifested and turned to a life form himself.

i was able to guess this pretty much by ep11? Because it’s basically the same idea as inu yasha xD funny how it also has dopleganger xD (hum.... 0.o)

I also love Shi Qi, and yes, I think QQX loves how innocent she is. But I don’t think they will be a pair, since after his xinmo, he seems to figure out his path

ZhaoYao’s character is very interesting. She steps away from the typical female lead norm. Yet, the way BaiLu protrays it, makes her very likable. One quality that is always consistent with ZY is her determination (which I love). Once she is set on it, it is Impossible to change her mind. She was so flat on in love with LMX, that she abandoned the only person(grandpa)/ place she knows and follow LMX. As soon as LMX’s true colors comes to light and kills her only family, she set out toward her next focus (revenge) and in the process she abandoned all other attachment (our poor MoQing). When she thought she finally killed LMX, I can’t help but sense a great deal of sadness as well. She wasn’t really celebrating, she was trying to let LMX go finally; hence the passionate kiss with MoQing. 

Now that that we are at another arc,  where she falls in love with MoQing simply because of his true/devoted love towards her, I feel it is a continuation from what could have been earlier if she  did not abandoned MoQing. She was so proud and happy to see all MoQing’s grievance through the mirror, she rushed out eager to see him. Unfortunately, she can no longer return and finally she sets out to her next determination.... which is to “return to MoQing” while he tries to go into her world (finally a path that is converging). 

Thank You to @frostflower14 for your hard work at translating. I do look forward to them!!! 

@Alila Nguyen Ah! Thank you for answering my question. I love how you referenced Inu Yasha hahaha.

LOL it's good QQX was able to get over ZY because we need her with MQ. There have been a lot of tragic lovers in the show, so it's good QQX has a different story line, plus we need more sweet scenes with ZY and MQ.

4 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

@frostflower14 so LCL knows about the ghost market? How? Thanks for recapping! Are you able to translate what LCL is trying to do? Something about some magic to find ZY?! That Sima Rong doesn’t want LCL to do. 

I’m not sure how Li Chen Lan found out about the Ghost Market (unless he read it in a book and the scene was cut). I’ll recap 32 later but Li Chen Lan wants to perform the Nine Heavens ritual / spell to find Zhao Yao but it takes a lot of mental concentration and he has a 9/10 chance of dying in his current condition,

3 hours ago, xienrue said:

I know all of us kind of wanting more since the detail in novel is quite hot, but I understand why the drama chose this way.

Can you please tell me in which chapter of the novel this scene takes place.  Thanks.  Maybe I will read and enjoy it since the drama seems to betray us.:tired:

@frostflower14 thank you for answering my questions. Sigh. I tried to have google translate the novel but obviously that doesn’t do good. I was more confused! :lol: if it wasn’t for the drama, I wouldn’t understand a thing and can’t use my imagination hence, the drama is the only source now. I still have a lot of questions and of course, I’m sure the novel has more details. Hopefully whoever is translating will pick it up again. 

3 hours ago, btsgomo said:

LOL it's good QQX was able to get over ZY because we need her with MQ. There have been a lot of tragic lovers in the show, so it's good QQX has a different story line, plus we need more sweet scenes with ZY and MQ.

How come it seems like QQX is easily smitten? LOL.. don’t get me wrong, I do ship him and SQ but I feel kind of sad too:tears: hoping for more MQ and ZY scene next week.

Archived