[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a TV preview for ep 22

Spoiler

I dont know if i am allowed to post the direct links to the video (since it is not the 'official one) so ill post the tumblr post instead

{update} This preview is from the TV channels's OFFICIAL TV CHANNEL WEIBO. So should be allowed to post it. 

The TV Ep 20 had an extra 3 minutes. CHANNEL TV WEIBO kindly posted. 

It's hilarious how everyone on weibo is saying Jiang Wu is having a 'cyber romance' experience :lol:

Spoiler

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao5_1280.jpg

-Jiang wu's (difficult) cyber romance journey-

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao6_1280.jpg

Youngster Jiang Wu gets involved with a cyber romance :heart:

Skill 1. Writes a poem

Skill 2. Paints a picture

Skill 3. Sends a gift (OUT FOF ALL THINGS HE SENDS ROCKKSSS :sweat_smile:)

tumblr_pnav291fET1u1iqoao2_1280.jpg

After all those 'email' exchanging, he finally sets up a date with his 'love and then..... A DUDE SHOWS UP !!! 

I absolutely love this plot diversion from the novel!:joy:

3 hours ago, therewillbeddl said:

thanks guys lmaoo that’s hilarious :joy: I can’t wait for that part, the fact that her stare affected QQX so badly!

Me too. After this part of the story Mo Qing learns the feeling of jealousy :lol:.

Right now my MOST anticipated  scene is the "一夜荒唐" The night when she gets VERY drunk. ^^

Spoiler

tumblr_pn6vi4ER1z1v20o9qo1_500.gif

The new MV makes me more exited for the future episodes. It seems they will deviate from the novel a bit, adding more angst in the last arc. The fight scene (the one with hundreds of swords array and one big sword - I forgot the name of the city when this is happen in the novel) is marvelous. Plus Zhao Yao - Li Chen Lan lovey dovey seems so sweet in the MV, cannot wait to see them!!:wub:

Up until now, I think the hilarious ones are:

1. When Li Chen Lan realizes she is Zhao Yao and giving her the necklace back so he can hear her thought.

The scene when Zhao Yao poisons him is so funny.

2. Li Chen Lan jealousy.

When he finally snaps and kills the bird is very funny indeed.

Since the drama keens on giving us romance rival, Lu Zhi Yu and Jiang Wu (I think?), I hope we will get a scene that shows Zhao Yao get jealous, too.  

Here's a summary from the book for better understanding of the plot :

https://sparklingdawnlights.blogspot.com/2019/02/recommended-novel-zhao-yao.html

And some key difference with the book:

https://sparklingdawnlights.blogspot.com/2019/02/zhao-yao-drama-review-differences.html

Anyway... lols.. If I didn't read the book and know Zhao Yao's love for tanghulu, I would have suspected that there is a tanghulu PPL in the drama:joy:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

It's hilarious how everyone on weibo is saying Jiang Wu is having a 'cyber romance' experience :lol:

Hahahahahahaha.. MQ increased jealousy and also ZY's indifferent face during the letter exchange was so hillarious... hahaha... 

Loved  the bit where Li Chen Lan gets jealous when Zhao Yao asks Qin  Qianxian to rescue her instead of people from Wan Lu Men. Afterwards, Zhao Yao doesn’t want both guys to see two versions of Zhi Yan so she tells her to hide and suggests having a intimate conversation with her “uncle”.Li Chen Lan tells Zhao Yao that his duties are not tiring as her intimate conversation with Qin Qianxian. Zhao Yao finds it strange that Li Chen Lan is jealous of Qin Qianxian since he is Zhi Yan’s uncle.

That date scene got me LMAO. For a villain, Jiang Wu is pretty funny apart from all the mass killing he does.

1 hour ago, AppleBanana said:

Will this drunken kiss scene be part of the past or present? Since MQ has the scar on his face.

It is part of the past. And like @DontEatMyKimchi, it's one of my most anticipated part too :joy:

23 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Will this drunken kiss scene be part of the past or present? Since MQ has the scar on his face.

Yes it is in the past. MQ gives ZY the necklace for the 1st time.

23 hours ago, xienrue said:

2. Li Chen Lan jealousy.

When he finally snaps and kills the bird is very funny indeed.

Since the drama keens on giving us romance rival, Lu Zhi Yu and Jiang Wu (I think?), I hope we will get a scene that shows Zhao Yao get jealous, too.  

Lin Zhi Yu was suppose to be A DUDE! I guess there are too many rivalry going on with ZY- Qin Qian Xuan, Jiang Wu, MQ they had to add ONE for MQ. :sweat_smile:

MQ probably let the other letters go (poem, painting, sewing) because he KNOWS his wife is incapable of those actions. BUT allowing those two to meet up is a very different story! ha!

It's hilarious how Zhi Yan plays along with this whole raven message exchanging situation. Jiang Wu sends a drawing of a sword, she paints a mountain scenery. I can understand that as 'if you want fight the world then I will paint you a Jiang Hu'. When Jiang Wu sends a bag a rocks I lost it. LIKE REALLY??  Then there is Zhi Yan's response with a handkerchief. WHAT? Girl do you even understand what you are doing? How in the world do these two items match up? 

tumblr_pnb90t5LWy1v20o9qo1_640.gif

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Loved  the bit where Li Chen Lan gets jealous when Zhao Yao asks Qin  Qianxian to rescue her instead of people from Wan Lu Men. Afterwards, Zhao Yao doesn’t want both guys to see two versions of Zhi Yan so she tells her to hide and suggests having a intimate conversation with her “uncle”.Li Chen Lan tells Zhao Yao that his duties are not tiring as her intimate conversation with Qin Qianxian. Zhao Yao finds it strange that Li Chen Lan is jealous of Qin Qianxian since he is Zhi Yan’s uncle.

It took me awhile to get why MQ was jealous until it finally clicked in my head. It is a 'REUNION' from that last time she locked QQX up and stared at him all night. HAHAHAHAHA!:lol: MQ has such a good memory.

Zhaoyao+ep+14_2.gifZhaoyao+ep+14_3.gif

found a link on weibo the 'cut scene' in 18/19

Spoiler

17 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

It took me awhile to get why MQ was jealous until it finally clicked in my head. It is a 'REUNION' from that last time she locked QQX up and stared at him all night. HAHAHAHAHA!:lol: MQ has such a good memory.

Zhaoyao+ep+14_2.gifZhaoyao+ep+14_3.gif

Up to this point Zhao Yao has no idea Li Chen Lan actually recognizes her. She totally thinks Li Chen Lan is attracted to Zhi Yan’s innocent maiden appearance.

Here’s the trailer for ep 21

1 hour ago, AppleBanana said:

Gosh I hate the waiting game and especially no eng subs, so basically I just watch the pretty pictures. 

With the new MV comes out, I really cannot wait for the future episodes. 6 episodes in a week are not enough :(

Really shouldn't watch that in workplace. Now I cannot concentrate .....

In the MV, seems the drama will reverse the role in the end with Zhao Yao waiting for Li Chen Lan?! Honestly, I am quite happy if they go this road. It will flesh out Zhao Yao love more.

5 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

The lyrics for the MV seem to imply a sad ending but the other songs 宿命 (Fate) and 路之遥 (The Long Road, the ending theme) seem to suggest a happy ending.

Nooooo! Please no sad ending. I was fine if Li Chen Lan died, but now after I have watched his puppy lost eyes I don't want him to die. I want him to be happy with Zhao Yao. This puppy has suffered a lot: bad childhood, unrequited love, his love hate him and try to kill him, and now he should lose to his fate and forever separated from Zhao Yao? :tears:

On 2/3/2019 at 3:42 PM, hathanhthanh09 said:

This is my attempt at translating the lyrics of main theme song. Please correct if i’m wrong, because there were some phrases I didn’t really understand (the Chinese -English dictionary wasn’t very helpful)

Most of this song is repetitive except for the last verse

一夜如梦 心中住魔咒

One night like a dream, my heart is spellbound 

一言飞流 恍然忘前愁

One spoken word, awakening and forgetting the sorrows of the past

一念之隔 浸一壶浊酒

Separated by one thought, soaking a bottle of cloudy wine

一眼 一生 无求

One glance, a lifetime without desire

男:

一颦如魔 不惜自入瓮 

One frown like a demon, not hesitating to enter into the fray

一叶知秋 爱恨莫须有

One leaf heralds autumn, perhaps there is love and hate 

一字白首 浅情挥不休

One promise of growing old,this shallow love will not disappear

一唤 一生 风流

One call, a lifetime of being free spirited

男(女):

一句此生不换 (此生不换)

One word, this lifetime I will not change (This lifetime I will not change)

招摇我百转千凡 (招摇这百转千凡)

I Zhao Yao, take hundreds and thousands of turns in the mortal realm

留一身孤注 悲欢

Leaving one lonely person,recording sorrow and joy

合:

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

陪你一世也 无关

This lifetime I have no association with you 

女:

一夜如梦 心中住魔咒

One night like a dream, my heart is spellbound 

一言飞流 恍然忘前愁

One spoken word, awakening and forgetting the sorrows of the past

一念之隔 浸一壶浊酒

Separated by one thought, soaking a bottle of cloudy wine

一眼 一生 无求

One glance, a lifetime without desire

男:

一颦如魔 不惜自入瓮 

One frown like a demon, not hesitating to enter into the fray

一叶知秋 爱恨莫须有

One leaf heralds autumn, perhaps there is love and hate

一字白首 浅情挥不休

One promise of growing old,this shallow love will not disappear

一唤 一生 风流

One call, a lifetime of being free spirited

女(男):

一句此生不换 (此生不换)

One word, this lifetime I will not change (This lifetime I will not change)

招摇我百转千凡(招摇这百转千凡)

留一身孤注 悲欢

合:

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

陪你一世也 无关

This lifetime I have no association with you

谁说此生不换 

Who said this lifetime will not change?

招摇我百转千凡

留一身孤注 悲欢

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

浪费一世也 无关

Wasting a lifetime of having no association 

女:

不必两为难

There is no need to put each other in difficult situations 

男:

璀璨时暗淡

Brilliance fades into dimness

女:

生时情四海

In life, love is in the four seas (wide world)

男:

灭时更奕欢

Fading away (dying) is also happiness 

Here’s the lyrics for the MV, the last line totally implies a sad ending and is sung by the male voice. I’ll translate the other two songs when I get time

It's impossible that this drama will have a sad ending. Especially when the novel author helped out with the script editing. 

Yes, the wait is long. LOT of people are complaining that there are only 6 episodes per week, unlike other cdramas. They say this drama might rise quicker to the fame if they update more frequently. Oh well, it adds to feel of stanning a drama.  

Weibo channel helps out, i guess, by posting spoiler gifs. 

Spoiler

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao5_400.giftumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao3_400.gifwhat are you doing?// I'm scared

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao1_400.gifI really don't get why you are scared.tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao6_400.gifwhat's there to be afraid of?

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao4_400.gif

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao2_400.gif:blush:

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao8_r2_400.gif

tumblr_pncf79zSKL1u1iqoao7_400.gifstrange, why am i panicking? 

img src

Archived