[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, aprincessofmars said:

@sakisuki @Alila Nguyen @bluehibiscus

I'm back again! I really want to say thanks for patiently waiting. After two weeks of effort, I have the videos uploaded to show for it. I can't believe it took this long but I ran into multiple issues. My old laptop has keyboard and mouse issues. My video program randomly deleted my renders into oblivion after they finished, leaving me no choice but to repeat the process all over again. On top of that I lost internet when it was time to upload. This drama has made me cry in more ways then one.

*The UpToSteam links offers streaming the videos in reduced quality, but if you opt to download it instead, you get the original size.

Watch Here

That aside, I want to mention few things about the edits.

They're are 6 edited episodes in totalEp. 50 to 55.  Starting off is Ep. 50; events after the Feng Mo mountain incident, remains mostly the same. I only edited one scene out and placed it in the following episode. Ep. 51 and 52 start the huge changes. Ep. 53; the arena battle, remains mostly the same with Episode 54 and 55 containing the last major changes. I suspect some scenes were trimmed of contradicting dialogue in order for the "happy ending" we got, to make some-what sense. With sleuthing, my edited version is my best guess at the original flow of events. Or at least now it flows as well as it can with what I was given to use, chopped scenes and all. 

When you watch, some scene transitions might be a little jarring. I did my best with fade-outs but at times the music wouldn't cooperate and fade-out on a nice note. I tried. However as I said previously, I did take the effort of fixing the random audio spikes. The last three episodes should sound the smoothest, since I paid more attention as I progressed. 

For subtitles, I used Rockfella's downloadable subs as a base and credit them at the start of each video. Whenever I felt the English read a little awkwardly, I took the liberty of re-wording the dialogue to be more concise, but kept the meaning. I've haven't yet gone back to double checked for misspellings/grammar. 

Rolling credits on the very last episode, I used my creative license and replaced the ending song with "Zhao Yao" by Chen Chusheng and Hu Shasha. This was just for personal preference, as I always prefer something different at the end of a series. It fits really nicely too.

All In all I hope you enjoy this fan edit version. Feel free to share or re-upload them anywhere you want, if you want. Only exception might be YouTube due to their copyright policies, you would probably receive a take-down notice. 

Please can you repaired the link for ep 55. I can't download or streaming it. all the others (ep 50-54) work well on upstream link. I really want to watch that. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Hendry Teng said:

Please can you repaired the link for ep 55. I can't download or streaming it. all the others (ep 50-54) work well on upstream link. I really want to watch that. Thank you.

also episode 54 the download link is not worked too.

6 hours ago, Hendry Teng said:

also episode 54 the download link is not worked too.

What a coincidence that just before I saw your post, I updated the links. You should be fine now. :) First two links are stream-able the second two are for downloading. I'm running out of sites that I'm aware of to upload to because these sites keeping dropping like flies. That's why I had to settled for two download only links instead.

3 minutes ago, Hendry Teng said:

Thank you so much for the link. It worked now. Btw the scene of ZY and MQ child is not there?

Yes, It's not in the edit, I left it out. I thought it was kinda of weird how they repurposed footage to make it seem like it was their kids. But I see that it's actually sorta cute in a weird way, and kind of affirms that they had a happy ending, like in the novel. To make up for it I'm going to put it back it when I redo the last six episodes for a new version of The Legends that I'm currently editing. It won't be finished for a while yet, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Is this thread still active? :P

I'm back with another project regarding this drama. I'm making another edit, but this time it's not just the last six episodes, I've decided to edit the whole drama; the entirety of it! I'm doing this to fix all the weird editing issues found throughout The Legends. This poor drama deserves one really good version to be preserved for future enjoyment. 

This project is a work-in-progress and I probably won't be finished until the summer of 2020. Meanwhile I've completed 14 episodes so far and am currently working on episode 15. I'm releasing a new episode to download every Friday. If you'd like to know more, I've already made a post regarding all the details of the project here at dramalist.com.

---> A New Version of The Legends - The TLC Edit

But I thought it would only be fair to post here too since this forum is where I first started posting about my other edit.

If you just want some quick links to my files, here you go. :)

---> My Dropbox  - This is where I'm storing my files. Inside I've included a .txt file with links to where you can download the episodes. I've also created torrents for each episode, so you download that way too. I seed the torrents every Friday. Another .txt file inside my dropbox lists all the details about the changes I'm making to the episodes and another folder where you can download the subtitles separately.

My sister has decided to help me with spreading the word, so she's made a Pinterest page and an Instagram account to post updates about the edit. Here are the links to those. ---> Pinterest Page | Instagram   

Enjoy. :)

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Laura Clara said:

I want to thank you for everything you did to make the episodes meaningful, thanks. It must be hard work and yet you did it and it seems to be so well done. episode 55's link isn't going, you could fix it? 

thank's for this wonderful work 

You're more than welcome. :)

I rechecked the links quickly, the Gofile ones have gone bad but the others seem to be working. Does the UptoStream, Waaw.tv and Megaupload links not work for you either? If not, I can place EP 55 in my Dropbox temporarily for you to download.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

6d40f7f4ly1g12dizg7dmg20d50707wk.gif

6d40f7f4ly1g12dgo0u8pg20d50704qv.gif

How many hours remaining until the broadcast? :tired:

They look so happy together. Mo Qing precious look.... I hated JW for crashing this weeding. My Mo Qing finally gets the happiness he deserves

On 3/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, xienrue said:

Just finished watching episode 49-50. Yesterday, I was just following through weibo forum; what I have seen made my heart hurt. I get that the writer seems want to redeem Jiang Wu character by his noble sacrifice in saving Zhao Yao and getting killed by Luo Ming Xuan in return. However, he has annoyed me too much in the previous episodes so I cannot really sympathize his death. His character is of a child, his mind worked differently from normal person. He claimed to love Zhao Yao but what he did was ones that would make Zhao Yao sad (hurt Li Chen Lan, kill Wan Lu Men disciples, etc). Looking at his background as xin mo, this characteristic is understandable. I even can see myself liking this kind of character if only I am not already far too attached to the male lead (I am a person who often love antagonist character than the protagonist).

Xu Kai interpretation of Li Chen Lan has drawn me, my heart get pained everytime I see him in distress. I don't have heart left to care for Jiang Wu however interesting his character is. Moreover, Zhao Yao reaction when seeing Li Chen Lan (after his supposed sealed state) made me cold. She didn't ask for Li Chen Lan well being, but instead telling him about Jiang Wu sad fate. Sigh ..... With this attitude, if someone watching this and does not know the history of Zhao Yao-Li Chen Lan, they will definitely say: This woman has an affair with another man. She loves both of them and now one of them is dead.

I know the words are kind of harsh. But the drama makes Zhao Yao too attached to Jiang Wu until some point I get the feel that Zhao Yao actually attracted to Jiang Wu (not love yet but attracted yes). Please this is not rom com drama which the female lead is distressed in choosing either first or second male lead. Even though based on personality, Jiang Wu is matched with Zhao Yao, she already gave her heart to Li Chen Lan. There should be a priority list inside her heart with Li Chen Lan being on top.

Okay, I shall stop my comment regarding Jiang Wu and Zhao Yao. Lets talk about Li Chen Lan. At this point of time, it is so distressing that no one that is able to really comfort him. His expression after he killed the bird .....:bawling: It is too painful to watch. He internalized all his pain within himself, never let anyone know (including Zhao Yao) the real extend of his distress. I don't know whether he really doing this for the sake of not worrying others or it is a kind of habit caused by his life experience. He has this inferiority complex which I think kind of making him tend to give but so afraid to take.

I believe the drama makes Li Chen Lan human with xin mo, not pure xin mo like in the novel. In the flash back with the father, the Demon King literally claimed Li Chen Lan as his son. Therefore, I hope this fact play crucial moment that can let Li Chen Lan back to life. Open ending is fine as long as there is enough hint to let us know our couple will be together.

Reveal hidden contents

Based on next episodes preview, I think he has decided to seal himself; just waiting for Zhao Yao leaves Wan Lu Men so she cannot stop him. However, based on ending song scenes, I think he will be the one that kills Luo Ming Xuan. And we also still have that bed scene. The last week surely will give us lots of bittersweet scenes.

Your words really make me ache. Regarding JW arc, I don't get why this character got so many sceentimes, and that arc interacting between Zhao Yao and JW was the worst. Heck,  

a drama with a clear loveline like this, why did the author needed to add a third wheel to be main OTP obstacles. Li Chen Lan struggles alot with his xin mo, because he wanted to protect not only Zhao Yao, but also the entire lanscapes where she was raised, for her sake. Such tenderness, such pure heart.... Sure, he is not as powerful as in the novel, but what makes him vulnerable makes him more adorable.

haiz, why Chinese drama always has richad simon love triangle or third wheel character to sabotage the main couple.... couldn't let the main couple love each other in peace, would you :((((((((((( 

I just gonna watch the drama until Li Chen Lan & Zhao Yao's wedding and pretend that JW arch never happen to reserve the nice image of this wonderful couple! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, aprincessofmars said:

Hey guys! Is this thread still active? :P

I'm back with another project regarding this drama. I'm making another edit, but this time it's not just the last six episodes, I've decided to edit the whole drama; the entirety of it! I'm doing this to fix all the weird editing issues found throughout The Legends. This poor drama deserves one really good version to be preserved for future enjoyment. 

This project is a work-in-progress and I probably won't be finished until the summer of 2020. Meanwhile I've completed 14 episodes so far and am currently working on episode 15. I'm releasing a new episode to download every Friday. If you'd like to know more, I've already made a post regarding all the details of the project here at dramalist.com.

---> A New Version of The Legends - The TLC Edit

But I thought it would only be fair to post here too since this forum is where I first started posting about my other edit.

If you just want some quick links to my files, here you go. :)

---> My Dropbox  - This is where I'm storing my files. Inside I've included a .txt file with links to where you can download the episodes. I've also created torrents for each episode, so you download that way too. I seed the torrents every Friday. Another .txt file inside my dropbox lists all the details about the changes I'm making to the episodes and another folder where you can download the subtitles separately.

My sister has decided to help me with spreading the word, so she's made a Pinterest page and an Instagram account to post updates about the edit. Here are the links to those. ---> Pinterest Page | Instagram   

Enjoy. :)

Hi there, is this project of yours still in progress?  

I would love to see your edition of this drama. After all, despite all its flaws, I still love it and want to enjoy it again. I love Mo Qing very much!

18 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

Hi there, is this project of yours still in progress?  

I would love to see your edition of this drama. After all, despite all its flaws, I still love it and want to enjoy it again. I love Mo Qing very much!

Very much so, I'm working on Ep. 18 as I write this.

I love this drama too: the story, characters, all of it. :) It's a quality drama where it counts. If the flaws went beyond the editing, then there would be nothing I could do to fix it. Thankfully the flaws are only cosmetic. So, rest assured, I'm dedicated to finishing it to the end.

Every Friday I will at least torrent what I have completed, even If I don't have a new episode ready. But there's also the links to download available at anytime. 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, aprincessofmars said:

@sakisuki @Alila Nguyen @bluehibiscus

I'm back again! I really want to say thanks for patiently waiting. After two weeks of effort, I have the videos uploaded to show for it. I can't believe it took this long but I ran into multiple issues. My old laptop has keyboard and mouse issues. My video program randomly deleted my renders into oblivion after they finished, leaving me no choice but to repeat the process all over again. On top of that I lost internet when it was time to upload. This drama has made me cry in more ways then one.

*The UpToSteam links offers streaming the videos in reduced quality, but if you opt to download it instead, you get the original size.

Watch Here

That aside, I want to mention few things about the edits.

They're are 6 edited episodes in totalEp. 50 to 55.  Starting off is Ep. 50; events after the Feng Mo mountain incident, remains mostly the same. I only edited one scene out and placed it in the following episode. Ep. 51 and 52 start the huge changes. Ep. 53; the arena battle, remains mostly the same with Episode 54 and 55 containing the last major changes. I suspect some scenes were trimmed of contradicting dialogue in order for the "happy ending" we got, to make some-what sense. With sleuthing, my edited version is my best guess at the original flow of events. Or at least now it flows as well as it can with what I was given to use, chopped scenes and all. 

When you watch, some scene transitions might be a little jarring. I did my best with fade-outs but at times the music wouldn't cooperate and fade-out on a nice note. I tried. However as I said previously, I did take the effort of fixing the random audio spikes. The last three episodes should sound the smoothest, since I paid more attention as I progressed. 

For subtitles, I used Rockfella's downloadable subs as a base and credit them at the start of each video. Whenever I felt the English read a little awkwardly, I took the liberty of re-wording the dialogue to be more concise, but kept the meaning. I've haven't yet gone back to double checked for misspellings/grammar. 

Rolling credits on the very last episode, I used my creative license and replaced the ending song with "Zhao Yao" by Chen Chusheng and Hu Shasha. This was just for personal preference, as I always prefer something different at the end of a series. It fits really nicely too.

All In all I hope you enjoy this fan edit version. Feel free to share or re-upload them anywhere you want, if you want. Only exception might be YouTube due to their copyright policies, you would probably receive a take-down notice. 

I just finished watching this series on Dimsum and I was so confused at the ending and the jumpy scene with the scenes don't match up that I have to rewatch it over and over again

I searched online for the novel to get a better explanation on the ending but the novel is not yet fully translated

until I come across this post

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your hard work on editing these episodes :kiss_wink:

now it all fits in like a puzzle being put perfectly in place

this ending is much more satisfactory than the original one

oh and my opinion

Spoiler

I think the part where Mo qing was standing on icy water and the Wan Jun sword appear from the water crack should take place when Mo qing was struggling to break free from his bind when trying to help Zhao Yao defeat Luo Ming Xun

as in the previous scene in the illusion when sealing the sword in Sword Tomb he is seen leaving the sword in the water

so it is logical that when he breaks free from the bind, the illusion would be that the Wan Jun sword would appear from beneath the icy water 

7 hours ago, AnaMie said:

I just finished watching this series on Dimsum and I was so confused at the ending and the jumpy scene with the scenes don't match up that I have to rewatch it over and over again

I searched online for the novel to get a better explanation on the ending but the novel is not yet fully translated

until I come across this post

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your hard work on editing these episodes :kiss_wink:

now it all fits in like a puzzle being put perfectly in place

this ending is much more satisfactory than the original one

oh and my opinion

Hide contents

I think the part where Mo qing was standing on icy water and the Wan Jun sword appear from the water crack should take place when Mo qing was struggling to break free from his bind when trying to help Zhao Yao defeat Luo Ming Xun

as in the previous scene in the illusion when sealing the sword in Sword Tomb he is seen leaving the sword in the water

so it is logical that when he breaks free from the bind, the illusion would be that the Wan Jun sword would appear from beneath the icy water 

It's no problem, I'm glad you found these edits. They are still a bit sloppy and will polish them up when I re-do them again in HQ. 

Spoiler

I had to go back and watch what I did again to refresh my memory on the point you mentioned. I see what you mean about the sword, it would be more logical for the sword to break free from the ice right at the moment Mo Qing retrieves it back. (When I first was putting these episodes back together, I was so proud of myself when I realized the sword being dropped into the water was connected to it breaking free from ice, as that should have meant the sword was sealed forever. ) Unfortunately when I was reviewing the episode again I realized there are a few problems with trying to insert it at that moment. The biggest is the music. I have to follow the music queues when editing, and the dramatic moment when the sword breaks free has a different score attached to it then when Mo Qing breaks free. I don't like interrupting the flow of music if I can help it, because it takes away it's emotional impact when the flow is stopped.  The other problem is timing, everything happens very fast when the Wan Jun dragon comes back to attack Luo Ming Xun, and that is also tied to the music. I don't think there's anytime to put it in. The third problem is when it finally gets to the part where Mo Qing begins to struggle on the ground, that's when another score starts, specifically at the point where we see him standing over the ice. This score is a doozy and it keeps going, even outside the vision with Zhao Yao pleading for Mo Qing to regain control and come back. It's because of that moment I really can't take the score out, it's has to play otherwise there would be no sound when Zhao Yao speaks. And because of that, I have nothing I could insert to replace the ice breaking scene that would be of the same emotional impact for why that score would be playing.

It's really a tangled web and I can only do so much when it comes to shifting clips around. Mainly I can do it for ending scenes, but it's really hard to insert a scene in the middle of another and not notice the music suddenly changing. You're opinion is still valid though, I can appreciate it because it tells me the guess work I did to try and put these episode back together, made enough sense that you had that kind of insight. I think the best you can hope for is to look at it like this: Mo Qing may have retrieved his sword back when he broke free but mentally, did not understand the consequences of that because he was too consumed by Wan Jun in that moment, compelled by nothing less other than to kill Luo Ming Xuan. After the deed, it's then Mo Qing feels the repercussions of that action, and the vision tells us that he's seeing what he's done; he's taken the sword back. It's for the audience to know as well. I think the way the scenes play out was all originally intend, it was only the insertion of the flash where Lu Zhao Yao has a "vision" of her killing Mo Qing which was done last minute. It's kind of funny too because LCL falling down the cracked ice into the abyss is the actual foreshadowing of what happens during the battle with Zhao Yao in the Sword Tomb. Why they decided to put a "vision" of the actual event before the foreshadowing of said event is a real head-scratcher.

As it is, if I had access to all the original files separated from each other, to do so would be more feasible. I'm sorry that I've given you a disappointing answer. But, regardless, thank you for your input. :)

50 minutes ago, aprincessofmars said:

Hide contents

I had to go back and watch what I did again to refresh my memory on the point you mentioned. I see what you mean about the sword, it would be more logical for the sword to break free from the ice right at the moment Mo Qing retrieves it back. (When I first was putting these episodes back together, I was so proud of myself when I realized the sword being dropped into the water was connected to it breaking free from ice, as that should have meant the sword was sealed forever. ) Unfortunately when I was reviewing the episode again I realized there are a few problems with trying to insert it at that moment. The biggest is the music. I have to follow the music queues when editing, and the dramatic moment when the sword breaks free has a different score attached to it then when Mo Qing breaks free. I don't like interrupting the flow of music if I can help it, because it takes away it's emotional impact when the flow is stopped.  The other problem is timing, everything happens very fast when the Wan Jun dragon comes back to attack Luo Ming Xun, and that is also tied to the music. I don't think there's anytime to put it in. The third problem is when it finally gets to the part where Mo Qing begins to struggle on the ground, that's when another score starts, specifically at the point where we see him standing over the ice. This score is a doozy and it keeps going, even outside the vision with Zhao Yao pleading for Mo Qing to regain control and come back. It's because of that moment I really can't take the score out, it's has to play otherwise there would be no sound when Zhao Yao speaks. And because of that, I have nothing I could insert to replace the ice breaking scene that would be of the same emotional impact for why that score would be playing.

It's really a tangled web and I can only do so much when it comes to shifting clips around. Mainly I can do it for ending scenes, but it's really hard to insert a scene in the middle of another and not notice the music suddenly changing. You're opinion is still valid though, I can appreciate it because it tells me the guess work I did to try and put these episode back together, made enough sense that you had that kind of insight. I think the best you can hope for is to look at it like this: Mo Qing may have retrieved his sword back when he broke free but mentally, did not understand the consequences of that because he was too consumed by Wan Jun in that moment, compelled by nothing less other than to kill Luo Ming Xuan. After the deed, it's then Mo Qing feels the repercussions of that action, and the vision tells us that he's seeing what he's done; he's taken the sword back. It's for the audience to know as well. I think the way the scenes play out was all originally intend, it was only the insertion of the flash where Lu Zhao Yao has a "vision" of her killing Mo Qing which was done last minute. It's kind of funny too because LCL falling down the cracked ice into the abyss is the actual foreshadowing of what happens during the battle with Zhao Yao in the Sword Tomb. Why they decided to put a "vision" of the actual event before the foreshadowing of said event is a real head-scratcher.

Anyways, thank you for your input, regardless. :)

Thank you for the explanation, I didn't noticed the background music before, I'm sorry and I understand it is not possible to change the background music as it would mean changing the audio that includes the actor voices and sound effects.

Nonetheless the episodes were nicely edited not sloppy at all. Thank you again for spending the time to make it. 

Archived