[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, kuuto said:

first.. i dont understand how the scene jump from white dress to her and moqing try to seal the sword. can you kindly explain please....

I didn’t understand this bit either, hence why the editing is a jumbled mess. I think there’s a scene missing where, Mo Qing emerges from the cave or whatever and goes to find Zhao Yao. 

40 minutes ago, xienrue said:

@frostflower14 As I take it, they make that scene of Zhao Yao killing Li Chen Lan as only a "dream". Of "what if" if Li Chen Lan cannot come back to her in that scene after Luo Ming Xuan death. I should say that very genius and creative way to turn a BE into HE.

@frostflower14 Exactly, they make it into a "what if" situation. It's like they tried to make it look like everything happened in the "mind scape" kinda thing. But the problem is, since that was not the original intent, you can see that they basically just roughly insert the entire scene whereby "MQ fought with ZY and fell into the abyss" into the middle of the scene at the arena where they just defeated LMX and MQ is on the verge of losing control. I agree it is creative in some way lol, but video doesn't flow well from one scene into another due to the cut and it becomes confusing.

ALL I COULD SAY ABOUT THE ENDING IS 

" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA"

OMG... THE EDITING TEAM SURE ARE CREATIVE ................................................ 

Still, I would give slow clap to the lead, the supporting actors... and also the PD.. they work hard... it's a bit of a shame that the end result is unsatisfactory.. but oh well... its done right???? there's nothing they can do.... 

Lets hope next time, they'll have a better project..... 

My heart still bleeds for what could have been. :bawling: My brain hurts from trying to make sense of what happened, but I’m not going to lie, the kids’ clip did give me a smile. I am still having a hard time processing all this as I can’t believe it has ended just like that...

If I do have time to re-edit these last episodes, it will probably by a BE one, but at least it’ll make sense in some way.

I am going to shamelessly post part 2 of my crossover FMV in hopes that it can cheer up some peeps. Imagine it as an AU where they get to be together again...yes, I took advantage of their reunion kiss :joy:

Spoiler

I saw a longer cut that includes ep 56 and it makes much more sense. I didn’t see all of the short version of ep 55 so I don’t know if it’s much different.

Spoiler

After the battle with Luo Mingxuan and that dream battle sequence Mo Qing returns to Wan Lu Men with Zhao Yao. Si Ma Rong finds a ritual or something that would seal Mo Qing up with Lu He sword for it to vanquish his Xinmo. 5 years later Zhao Yao wanders Jiang Hu alone and visits her old friends from afar. The Lu He sword emerges from the Tomb of Swords and Mo Qing calls out Zhao Yao’s name. This version is still missing the part where Mo Qing emerges from the Tomb of Swords and goes to find Zhao Yao. The rest of it is the same as the original cut of episode 55 I think.

I also read somewhere that the complete timeline of the last jumbled episodes is supposed to go like this:

1.Mo Qing discovers that he is losing control of himself and that his Xinmo originated from the Wan Jun Sword. He promises Zhao Yao that he won’t use Wan Jun anymore.

2.Si Ma Rong finds the ritual to seal up Wan Jun. Zhao Yao and Mo Qing go to the Tomb of Swords to seal it up with the ritual.

3. After sealing up Wan Jun,Zhao Yao and Mo Qing have that bed scene where he says “I haven’t slept so well in a long time.”

4.Zhao Yao and Mo Qing go to Qi Zhi Di to find Zhu Gui, the former Demon King but discover he has gone missing. They return to Wan Lu Men and find he is waiting there for them. Mo Qing and Zhu Gui have an emotional reunion.

5. Luo Mingxuan goes to Wan Lu Men to capture Mo Qing. Zhu Gui takes a blow for Mo Qing and disintegrates. Mo Qing is taken to the Immortal Sects meeting.

6.During The Immortal Sects meeting, Mo Qing sees Zhao Yao in danger and his Xinmo re-emerges. Zhao Yao kills Luo Mingxuan and retrieves Lu He.

7.Mo Qing is taken back to Wan Lu Men and awakens. Mo Qing and Zhao Yao participate in Shen Qianjin’s wedding ceremony to Gu Han Guang at his grave.

8. After the ceremony, Mo Qing holds Zhao Yao in his arms in the library. While she is sleeping he loses control and the Wan Jun Sword automatically killed the guards in the library.

9. Mo Qing discovers he is really losing control of himself so he seals himself up in the library and attempts suicide.

10. The spirit of Wan Jun fully possesses Mo Qing when he gave in to its temptation (in a dream) to take it to slaughter all those people who where present during his execution scene in ep 2  He turns fully demonic and injures Si Ma Rong,Zhi Yan and Shi Qi. 

11. Zhao Yao takes out Lu He sword and teleports Mo Qing to the Tomb of Swords. They have a duel and Mo Qing let’s Zhao Yao stab him with Lu He, then Mo Qing falls into the abyss.

12. Five years later, Zhao Yao wanders Jiang Hu alone. She goes to see Si Ma Rong and he asks if Mo Qing is still sealed away.

13. Cut to the Tomb of Swords, Lu He Sword emerges and Mo Qing’s voice calls out “Zhao Yao”. 

THE END

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I saw a longer cut that includes ep 56 and it makes much more sense. I didn’t see all of the short version of ep 55 so I don’t know if it’s much different.

Reveal hidden contents

After the battle with Luo Mingxuan and that dream battle sequence Mo Qing returns to Wan Lu Men with Zhao Yao. Si Ma Rong finds a ritual or something that would seal Mo Qing up with Lu He sword for it to vanquish his Xinmo. 5 years later Zhao Yao wanders Jiang Hu alone and visits her old friends from afar. The Lu He sword emerges from the Tomb of Swords and Mo Qing calls out Zhao Yao’s name. This version is still missing the part where Mo Qing emerges from the Tomb of Swords and goes to find Zhao Yao. The rest of it is the same as the original cut of episode 55 I think.

I also read somewhere that the complete timeline of the last jumbled episodes is supposed to go like this:

1.Mo Qing discovers that he is losing control of himself and that his Xinmo originated from the Wan Jun Sword. He promises Zhao Yao that he won’t use Wan Jun anymore.

2.Si Ma Rong finds the ritual to seal up Wan Jun. Zhao Yao and Mo Qing go to the Tomb of Swords to seal it up with the ritual.

3. After sealing up Wan Jun,Zhao Yao and Mo Qing have that bed scene where he says “I haven’t slept so well in a long time.”

4.Zhao Yao and Mo Qing go to Qi Zhi Di to find Zhu Gui, the former Demon King but discover he has gone missing. They return to Wan Lu Men and find he is waiting there for them. Mo Qing and Zhu Gui have an emotional reunion.

5. Luo Mingxuan goes to Wan Lu Men to capture Mo Qing. Zhu Gui takes a blow for Mo Qing and disintegrates. Mo Qing is taken to the Immortal Sects meeting.

6.During The Immortal Sects meeting, Mo Qing sees Zhao Yao in danger and his Xinmo re-emerges. Zhao Yao kills Luo Mingxuan and retrieves Lu He.

7.Mo Qing is taken back to Wan Lu Men and awakens. Mo Qing and Zhao Yao participate in Shen Qianjin’s wedding ceremony to Gu Han Guang at his grave.

8. After the ceremony, Mo Qing holds Zhao Yao in his arms in the library. While she is sleeping he loses control and the Wan Jun Sword automatically killed the guards in the library.

9. Mo Qing discovers he is really losing control of himself so he seals himself up in the library and attempts suicide.

10. The spirit of Wan Jun fully possesses Mo Qing when he gave in to its temptation (in a dream) to take it to slaughter all those people who where present during his execution scene in ep 2  He turns fully demonic and injures Si Ma Rong,Zhi Yan and Shi Qi. 

11. Zhao Yao takes out Lu He sword and teleports Mo Qing to the Tomb of Swords. They have a duel and Mo Qing let’s Zhao Yao stab him with Lu He, then Mo Qing falls into the abyss.

12. Five years later, Zhao Yao wanders Jiang Hu alone. She goes to see Si Ma Rong and he asks if Mo Qing is still sealed away.

13. Cut to the Tomb of Swords, Lu He Sword emerges and Mo Qing’s voice calls out “Zhao Yao”. 

THE END

(Couldn’t log on using fb because soompi is having an url redirecting problem -.-?)

Yup, that’s the order I came up as well. I would prefer the original open ending tbqh. While it’s not a solid happy ending, but the sword and his voice practically confirm his comeback. However such sequences of event will lead to 1 - MQ did die, 2 - he was able to resurrect and China is being an@l about resurrection, and that’s why we have the mess we had :unamused: censorship literally throw this series under the bus, and while it’s true that the writer could have written a much better go around it, they didn’t have the time and money to, so they went with the original novel events/ideas of dramatising the 2 lovebirds has to kill each other (? Did she stab him in the novel? Or just like let’s put ourselves in spellbound sleep for 10yrs n vola?)

i just feel the HE ending with the kids is such a bad April fool joke.... just period... if they have changed their clothes, I might be ok, but I know they just reused one of the earlier footage and voiceover it (I don’t even think what they said match their mouth movements), hence bad taste in my mouth watching it :unamused:

This is how I felt watching the last few mins of 56:

86ff7c5716bb879fdd471e8a395abff62ceb082b

sigh, such a beautiful series, to get this sort of treatment... no wonder we keep getting the rehearsed old boring plotline about a poor girl with a struggle prince or remake of Louis cha to dead or the legend of the white snake, or the legend of the butterfly lovers, or journey to the west and the red dream -.- oh yea, return pearl princess and meteor garden >_> kill me now!

on the positive note, Bai Lu nailed the scene where she learnt that by taking the lu he sword, MQ has warranted himself a death sentence, and it broke her heart, I cried during that scene (lol, dk why but it was touchy, just a bit teary :P). And I love how he said it was his choice, and he has no regret, just like her When they went back to the sword cave, and he regretted the day she passed away, while she reassured him that she has none, because without that day, they won’t have today. A lot of what they do/experience are mirror of each other, and they even highlighted in the flashbacks. Kudos to those two! And I will forever love this series for these two lovebirds (in dramaland) :p 

Hi sweeties, 

Anyone has the link to download all BGM of this drama? I love all the instrumental soundtracks, especially the opening theme omg so so calming...
I've found some links with full list of BGM, but do not know how to download all of them (Here is the link ).

Thank you guys so much!!

8 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@frostflower14 @Alila Nguyen Sigh...... It seems like with the proper sequence, the ending despite being an open ending one seems to be very touching.... Sigh......... And correct me if I'm wrong, I think we can also say that ending is HE right?.....  :( Haiyaaah..... such a pity... 

Yep, it’s an implied  Happy Ending instead of the jumbled mess we actually got.

I was so confused in ep 53 where Zhao Yao retrieved Lu He out of nowhere and took Mo Qing to I don’t know where. It makes more sense if that scene happened after defeating Luo Mingxuan.

@Alila Nguyen In the novel, there was no battle between the lovebirds and she did not stab Mo Qing. He decided to resurrect the seal and go in alone as it will diminish/remove his Xinmo over time (a long time). He placed her under a spell in the bedroom to prevent her from moving but she managed to rush there in time and joined him.

throw this series under the bus, and while it’s true that the writer could have written a much better go around it, they didn’t have the time and money to, so they went with the original novel events/ideas of dramatising the 2 lovebirds has to kill each other (? Did she stab him in the novel? Or just like let’s put ourselves in spellbound sleep for 10yrs n vola?)

56 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

@Alila Nguyen In the novel, there was no battle between the lovebirds and she did not stab Mo Qing. He decided to resurrect the seal and go in alone as it will diminish/remove his Xinmo over time (a long time). He placed her under a spell in the bedroom to prevent her from moving but she managed to rush there in time and joined him.

Thanks! Yea, more dramatic when two lovebirds have to fight one another. And tbqh, they could make it so that QQX stay alive and appears after she stabs him, in time to seal himself in the ice n sacrifice himself for MQ, and transcends as a result of a good deed lol. Sigh.... lol! Anyway, with a proper editing, this series can still be quite good... now let hope some mad fans re-edit the whole thing lol!

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Yep, it’s an implied  Happy Ending instead of the jumbled mess we actually got.

I was so confused in ep 53 where Zhao Yao retrieved Lu He out of nowhere and took Mo Qing to I don’t know where. It makes more sense if that scene happened after defeating Luo Mingxuan.

You are not the only one scratching head when watching that scene lol. I was like uh? Then they vanished to bed scene n I’m like Erh -.-? Fishy... so fishy lol

@frostflower14 Agree. It seems to be correct order. What we are missing right now is a scene when the sword sealing is successful which should be followed by Li Chen Lan loses consciousness, hence the bed scene.

And about how the scene jump from discussion for sword sealing and Zhao Yao in white clothes, I know it is illogical but I try to use imagination: Perhaps the sealing made Li Chen Lan some kind of vanishing or "sleeping" dunno where for a couple of years. Therefore, Zhao Yao is waiting for him .....:blink:. I cannot imagine anything else to explain that scene jump.

Anyway, I also quite sure that we should have a scene that make Zhao Yao "sure" that Li Chen Lan will come back somehow. It doesn't make sense for her to wait that long without any hope. Li Chen Lan tried to take his own life when Zhao Yao dead, but failed because Wan Jun sword didn't let him. He then slaved himself to bettering Wan Lu Men until the point of mental exhaustion. Zhao Yao, armed with the knowledge regarding Liu He sword, with her personality, would not be able to wandering around like she is doing in the drama, if she is that sure Li Chen Lan is dead. She would be either become kind of hermit or doing something in memory of her lover.

By the way, anyone know where the Chinese posts their fanfiction? I need fanfic to sooth my pained heart ....

Archived