[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

When the series got the censors' approval, the ending apparently didn't pass and was asked to be changed. Some of the Chinese netizens feel the illogical/weird sequencing in the latest episodes is because they were altering the bad ending to a happy ending with whatever scenes they had shot.

I really hope you are right that they are altering to a HE! But seriously, the sequencing is not only jumbled up, the follow up for each scene is not properly done at all. The scene where MQ lost control, i was so looking forward to that, but ZY just grab him and then it's fine after that??

15 minutes ago, rainnie98 said:

I really hope you are right that they are altering to a HE! But seriously, the sequencing is not only jumbled up, the follow up for each scene is not properly done at all. The scene where MQ lost control, i was so looking forward to that, but ZY just grab him and then it's fine after that??

My other theory is the editor of the drama just went on a rage due to too much pressure like the scriptwriters...

In this current situation, I will take BE instead of this mumble jumble scenes:expressionless:

Never before in my life I have watched such bad editing from a drama. The problem is the drama itself is so good, therefore, it is more bitter to swallow. I think the editors had been in a drunken party and they were in severe hangover when they tried to finish the editing for episode 51-55.

I hate that the bed scene that I have been waiting so much for turns up this way; feels so cheap with no build up whatsoever. I believe anybody who watched the final week episodes could tell that lots of scene is not in continuation. It is like we are given drama scenes puzzle instead of a real drama.

PS: Wan Jun Sword really acts like possessive lover, doesn't it?? At the beginning, I always see the sword akin to mother hen who protects its Lord but in the latter half, it turns out to be possessive lover after all:sweat_smile:

I don’t have much hope for China censorship I’m sorry :/ also with the sword stab in his heart like that.... high chance he’s dead, and they won’t let him resurrect because censorship -.- uh! I swear I’m at the stage where I’m ready for Netflix to pick up chinese drama and start producing them (must be using the chinese actress, sets, etc like now but without the stupid censorship).

and yes, this gotta be the first drama where it’s a puzzle game! Work out which scenes go together :unamused: pretty sure the one where he went full demonic outside of the main hall and she grabbed him and teleported, it is then meant to be followed by the sword cave scene where she stabbed him and he falls to his death, instead of a flat bedscene we got :unamused: and the flat bedscene possibly mean to follow either after they kill LMX or right after JW die, or right after he has the episode in the library. Also it seems they cut the scene where she holds the lu he sword against his neck playfully on their bed, if this is a following up from the bed scene, and the “you sleep better because the xinmo is under controlled or is it because I’m with you?” Scene, then it makes the bedscene is indeed after LMX event

my theory is that: censorship won’t let us do it right, so we just gonna jumble it up but that way, able to give you everything we got, so you can use your brain and work it out! Instead of doing it the censorship way, have many scenes cut and can’t achieve the ending we want anyway! Serious nose dive to the max here lol

Yep, I have to say the editing for ep 53 made no sense. The bed scene made no sense at all, I was looking forward to some lovey dovey scene but it seemed that scene was inserted randomly 

Spoiler

Fully demonic Mo Qing just killed a bunch of Wan Lun Members and injured Si Ma Rong and Shi Qi, then Zhao Yao takes out Lu He ( what the???? Where did that come from????) and engages in a duel with Mo Qing. She takes him somewhere, then cut to him lying in bed, then that bed scene that lasted 20 seconds :bawling: Editors, what happened????

@xienrue, yes I thought that Wan Jun sword was acting like a possessive lover too. It tried to break up Zhao Yao and Mo Qing by making it look like Mo Qing went crazy and killed those guards in the library .

Lin Zi Yu does mention a reason for why she betrayed Wan Lu Men and it was a really stupid one too. Apparently, it was because of her unrequited love for Mo Qing.She wanted him to get captured so she could rescue him. That’s so dumb on so many levels 

17 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

I am inagining the thoughts running through the editor's mind when he did the editing:

So the viewers thought my editing was lousy? I'll show them what poor editing is really like. Hahahahaha!

This is sooo funny in so many levels, I wonder if there is a conspiracy theory going on why he went nut with the editing!

3 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

The holding of the Liu He Sword against the neck on the bed most likely didn't come from the drama. It was more like a playful pose after filming wrapped. 

You know... that is way tooo tooo playful, almost like a husband/wife playful lol! It’s something that I believe dramaland couple would do, rather than just normal co-workers lol. Nonetheless, it’s a very cute still, if I was the director, I would totally put it in! Lol

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Lin Zi Yu does mention a reason for why she betrayed Wan Lu Men and it was a really stupid one too. Apparently, it was because of her unrequited love for Mo Qing.She wanted him to get captured so she could rescue him. That’s so dumb on so many levels 

I agree. It is stupid on so many levels and it just ended up pushing him onto the path of destruction. And the way she was smirking when ZY was beaten up by LMX totally makes me :angry:

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

I am inagining the thoughts running through the editor's mind when he did the editing:

So the viewers thought my editing was lousy? I'll show them what poor editing is really like. Hahahahaha!

Ahhaha! You can literally hear the sound of sanity cracking in half...

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

Sigh... so the story was supposed to be 28=>40=>50=>55 episodes no wonder the writers are stress up and the story has gotten so bad :sweatingbullets:

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/fans-upset-with-the-rewritten-ending-for-the-legends/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JayneStars+(JayneStars.com)

Since even the author doesn’t know what the ending is, just maybe it might end happily????

In ep 54

Spoiler

Theres a touching moment when the spirit of Jiang Wu greets Zhao Yao like an old friend and gives her his sword.Jiang Wu’s friend (can’t remember his name) helps Zhao Yao out in a critical moment by stabbing Luo Mingxuan in the back and sort of accomplishes his mission of getting revenge for Jiang Wu. I’m a little confused about the spirit sword being physical and being able to be cut in half.

I read mostly complaints about the edits that made no sense but not a lot of theories. Another popular show that aired on Hunan last year also had strange edits for the last episode and the director said the original version was different but the revisions were out of their control. Maybe there is this editor at the TV station who has a strange opinion about what makes good editing but his backing and connections are very strong so he can do whatever he wants without anybody questioning it or the editors are just following instructions from executives who know nuts about editing. 

8 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

When the series got the censors' approval, the ending apparently didn't pass and was asked to be changed. Some of the Chinese netizens feel the illogical/weird sequencing in the latest episodes is because they were altering the bad ending to a happy ending with whatever scenes they had shot.

This turns out to be correct. I have watched clip fom weibo regarding tonight ending (I don't know how to upload weibo link here. I have done once before but forget how ....). The drama is indeed have happy ending, but I am sure nobody will be happy with it.

Spoiler

In the clip, they use a screen of Zhao Yao and Mo Qing from early days and then dub them with different voices, claim them to be Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan children: Li Ming Su and Li Ming Ge.

It is so sad to see a good drama degenerate to this because of censorship. I kind of hope that the backlash from netizen because of this drama will also reach censorship department. That way they will know that there should be a limit for everything.

I believe fans with video editing skills will soon release the fanmade video contains episode 51-55 in correct order. No one will be able to stand the editing of this week episodes. If anyone ever find those videos, please share with us here. I will too, if I find them first.

I originally want to post here my take on what in Wan Jun sword mind throughout the drama in a "mother hen turns to lover" way. But those abomination of clips happens and I am too angry right now to be creative enough:expressionless:

@bluehibiscus I hope that you are correct that part of this mess is Hunan Tv. I also hope that the DVD version will be different. Just give me good edited episodes please. I am fine with whatever sad ending. We can always go to novel or fanfiction to sooth ourselves but this bad editing ....:bawling:

Hunan has often been complained for its dubious editing tactics aimed to extend a popular series by replaying scenes from previous episodes, inserting flashbacks and reducing the playtime of each episode to insert more advertisements to milk advertising revenue. One recent example was The Story of Minglan.

Archived