[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally saw episode 50.

Spoiler

It was kind of sad that Jiang Wu died. He finally fulfilled his destiny of being born because of Lu Zhao Yao and dying because of her. In the end he didn’t regret his decision to sacrifice himself to buy Zhao Yao time to escape. He said he felt complete in his dying moments.

Luo Mingxuan is now super powerful and not affected by Zhao Yao’s blood magic anymore. Jin  Xiu Gong Zi speculates that his new found power is due to practicing Gu Han Guang’s brothers secret family manual. I think it was mentioned in an earlier episode, that the Jiang family manual was forbidden to be practiced because it would bestow a huge amount of power, but no one can withstand that amount of power and that person will explode (sounds similar to the effects of the Kong Kong Pill). So I guess we can look forward to seeing Luo Mingxuan explode? Jin Xiu Gong Zi seems to be the only person in the Immortal Sects that seems to know Luo Mingxuan is now completely without a conscience and will soon try to destroy all of the Immortal Sects in his quest to attain even more power (suck the years of cultivation  out of everyone). Luo Mingxuan was only pretending to be a nice guy before, now he seems completely evil.

Its hinted that the tea shop owner has forgotten something really important but just can’t seem to remember. Maybe it has something to do with how to resolve the Xinmo problem. Another possible person that could help Zhao Yao is her immortal husband Cao Ning. 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:10 PM, frostflower14 said:

I finally saw episode 50.

Hide contents

Another possible person that could help Zhao Yao is her immortal husband Tao Ning. 

Spoiler

Uhm, he has moved on to the next life? Unless when they said “move up heaven” means get to be a fairy, he wouldn’t be able to help ZY? 

Yea, I agree about JW, this is why I don’t think ZY is attracted to him in any sense. Someone’s sole purpose in life is about you, and just die for you, only a cold hearted person would not be affected by it. If you think about it, how sad it is to be born for 1 purpose, and die by just that one purpose, without getting anything back :(? Should ZY ask how MQ is doing after knowing he’s been sealed? He seems fine, didn’t look injured, and someone just die, and the guilt of GHG’s death is still on her, and she just found out who killed him, so that’s why she is telling MQ that instead of asking him if he’s ok? (Also I don’t think we have many screen time left lol! Plus if the rumour about the stress and time the writers have, they probably can’t think straight atm to add lovey dovey stuffs :joy:)

On 3/30/2019 at 4:44 AM, bluehibiscus said:

Translation:

LCL: I haven't slept so well in a long time

LZY: Is it because the Xinmo has been kept under control or is it because I'm by your side?

Answer: it’s because we did a lot of “exercise” last night:joy: looking forward for that scene! And it will be the last lovey dovey stuff :bawling:

9 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Uhm, he has moved on to the next life? Unless when they said “move up heaven” means get to be a fairy, he wouldn’t be able to help ZY? 

The members of Wan Lu Men did so many good deeds in Cao Ning’s name that he gained enough merit in the eyes of Heaven to become immortal. His mother blamed Zhao Yao for his ascension into Heaven because she did so many good deeds for him. He could help Zhao Yao by asking other immortals about how to resolve the xinmo problem and appear to her in a dream or something. 

In Qi Zhi Di, Lin Zi Yu says that people who view their past memories don’t come back.So this probably means that they move on to their next life.

Is this how Luo Mingxuan dies? I doubt it since he’s now kind of immortal, but it was worth a shot. Like Thanos said in Infinity War “You should have aimed for the head”

Spoiler

664-F71-F9-85-D9-4803-B8-A8-85882-DDD679

Mo Qing’s “Death Glare” and Zhao Yao’s guilty “Doesn’t dare say a word” scene

932-F5-A9-A-CB8-F-4066-9-C05-DFBC16-B6-E

Mo Qing’s look of triumph when he finally got to hold Zhao Yao’s wrist during one of their duels with each other.

B820-AA35-AD2-E-47-E2-96-C9-93-B5-F6-B2-

Mo Qing’s look of fascination as he watches Zhao Yao stuff her face

F0700614-334-C-4-C63-8522-4-A0-B11-B79-D

Zhao Yao’s failed seduction attempt

4951-ADDA-4-CEB-4038-A464-11-AA669461-BD

32326625-233-B-48-C7-960-E-44-BCC4238766

E29-B320-C-17-DA-45-F9-8145-96-C1-AFF424

Zhao Yao’s sad face when Mo Qing gave her his “I’m not listening” face

2-A8433-E0-93-A4-481-E-AF1-B-DF832-D1197

The Legends has been made into a web movie (filming is over but not released yet). The story focuses on Liu Cangling (played by the same actor as in the drama). He has taken over the reins of Jianxin Sect but there is nmore Qin Zhiyan and surprisingly, Nan Yue Sect is still around. He falls in love with a girl from a demonic sect (Hong Siyang) who is trying to bring her father back to life and who ruins his wedding to a Nan Yue Sect disciple (played by Yu Tong aka Shen Qianjin in the drama) in the process.

Spoiler

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A longer preview.

Sima Rong: Are you afraid you'll be unable to control yourself and harm Zhaoyao?

LCL: I once thought it didn't matter if the world was overturned but the appearance of one person has made me fallen in love with the world that once disgusted me. I want to protect Zhaoyao and the mountains and rivers that provide for her.

LZY: I think once the pugilistic world is more stable, we'll leave these matters in the hands of others. We'll roam the world, holding hands like this...gaze at the moon, enjoy the breeze and live an ordinary life. Don't worry, I'll protect you. When we return from the Tomb of Swords, let's complete the marriage ceremony.

LCL: Alright.

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

The Legends has been made into a web movie (filming is over but not released yet). The story focuses on Liu Cangling (played by the same actor as in the drama). He has taken over the reins of Jianxin Sect but there is nmore Qin Zhiyan and surprisingly, Nan Yue Sect is still around. He falls in love with a girl from a demonic sect (Hong Siyang) who is trying to bring her father back to life and who ruins his wedding to a Nan Yue Sect disciple (played by Yu Tong aka Shen Qianjin in the drama) in the process.

Hide contents

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Uh... why? The storyline doesn’t even seem that great >_> sooo this is after the legends? Before? Or just like a weird spin off where they retcon stuffs >_>???

This is a screen shot of someone’s Weibo post and could possibly be the semi finial conclusion.

Spoiler

DE2-B9-AF1-B9-EC-4-AA2-8-A6-E-8-F8112-B4

The Legends finial conclusion: Luo Mingxuan is defeated by Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan.Lin Zi Yu dies saving Li Chen Lan so gets to receive a boxed meal (disappear from the story).

If this is true, then Lin Zi Yu does get a redemption arc by sacrificing herself for Mo Qing since it’s her fault Luo Mingxuan got his dirty hands on Lu He sword, the only sword capable of killing Xinmo.

link to weibo page to view video:https://www.weibo.com/u/6474389974?is_hot=1

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

This is a screen shot of someone’s Weibo post and could possibly be the semi finial conclusion.

Hide contents

DE2-B9-AF1-B9-EC-4-AA2-8-A6-E-8-F8112-B4

The Legends finial conclusion: Luo Mingxuan is defeated by Zhao Yao and Li Chen Lan.Lin Zi Yu dies saving Li Chen Lan so gets to receive a boxed meal (disappear from the story).

If this is true, then Lin Zi Yu does get a redemption arc by sacrificing herself for Mo Qing since it’s her fault Luo Mingxuan got his dirty hands on Lu He sword, the only sword capable of killing Xinmo.

link to weibo page to view video:https://www.weibo.com/u/6474389974?is_hot=1

Her character is so fiddle, idc anymore lol! I just want my HE! Also that movie ain’t gonna be a success if this one ends terribly! The GMP fans said if the spin off has a crap ending, they won’t be watching it lol, same with this I’m assumed! Especially when at least for GMP, that was the original ending (with some change), but if this one ends any other way that isn’t a solid HE, people won’t be happy. Unless they include the conclusion of this drama in that movie

A9-F0-E555-BBC9-490-D-A46-D-EB748-CC5-F4

Regarding Jin Xiu Gong Zi’s character:

He is the Sect Leader of Tian Xuan Sect and seems to be infatuated with Tang Yun the female Sect Leader who always wears white.During Mo Qing’s execution scene,he stopped everyone from from attacking Zhao Yao at once because haven’t they humiliated themselves enough? But maybe he didn’t want to see someone like Zhao Yao at an disadvantage.

Jin Xiu Gong Zi tried to dissuade  Zhao Yao from retrieving the Wan Jun sword from the Tomb of Swords but ultimately didn’t join in the battle for it because he wanted to perserve his own forces and not participate in a fruitless endeavour. 

On the surface, he doesn’t participate in the politics of the Immortal Sects. However, when there was a power vacuum within the Immortal Sects, Jin Xiu Gong Zi made an alliance with Jiang Wu so that he could be the next “Leader” of the Immortal Sects. Jin Xiu tried to eliminate Qin Qianxian because he saw him as a threat to his power (Qin Qianxian is on the verge of becoming a true Immortal) but had plans to spare the disciples of Qian Chen Ge, so he’s not completely heartless.Although he is infatuated with Tang Yun, he is unhappy when she speaks out against him and at one point imprisoned her because she protested attacking Tian Chen Ge. After failing the attack on Qian Chen Ge and falling into Jiang Wu’s trap to take down all the Immortal Sects at once Jin Xiu completely looses his reputation and is no longer welcome among the Immortal Sects. After Luo Mingxuan’s second revival, Jin Xiu is the only person to see him as someone completely without a conscience and an even greater threat to the Immortal Sects than even Wan Lu Men (who don’t attack unless provoked under Li Chen Lan’s Leadership).During Luo Mingxuan’s battle with Lu Zhao Yao and Jiang Wu, Jin Xiu pretended to help him but was really trying to distract him from attacking the other two, so maybe he’s getting a redemption arc? Afterwards he tries to ally himself with Tang Yun to unite the other Immortal Sects to kill Luo Mingxuan but she refuses because he has proven himself to be ruthless and power hungry but relents because she also sees Luo Mingxuan as a threat and Jin Xiu did once save her life.

He is what I would call a snake in a political game lol. Sure he’s not that bad of snake (he still has a boundary that he won’t cross), but he knew his limits, and he plays the game: lets the 2 tigers fight each other, and reap the rewards. He has no shame, everything he does has to benefit him in some way.

He wants ZY to get the sword, so that he can get rid of her (he possibly knows to take the sword, you can get distracted/occupied by the sword, so he can injure her during that time). And with all the immortal sects go against her, their men and energy will be down, while recuperating his sect, he can take a lead later on once the battle is over.

He knew LMX isn’t a man of conscience after the 2nd revival, but that just him being quite smart and always on guards. He distracted LMX because he knew if LMX got to the top spot, he won’t spare him, and without a conscience, he will use everyone as a spawn. A far threat is better than the one at home, top priority for him is to get rid of LMX. 

For someone who is as petty as him, hates QQX for his beauty, and for his about to reach immortal stage, got the admiration of everyone, even from the girl he likes, without actually doing anything or caring about it, I don’t think there is a redemption arc for him, or shall I say he deserve all the bad things that might happen/happens to him. He didn’t blink an eye when other are being killed because of him. If he sees that the chess board will move there sooner or later, and he’s just a catalyst to make it faster and to the direction he wants. And if the board moves in unpredictable direction, against his wishes, he would cut his lost, but again, spare no conscience for the people he harm on the way.

2 hours ago, lavvarr said:

If you dont know where to find the DVD ver.

i found it 

Is there a download button lol? If so, which one is it xD

2 hours ago, lavvarr said:

If you dont know where to find the DVD ver.

i found it 

Is there a download button lol? If so, which one is it xD

Archived