[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@angelangie is this drama finished airing?  If not, what is the airing schedule?   Do you watch this one?

Why are there not so many followers for this drama and this thread is not moving?   I heard this drama is pretty good from some blogs reviews.

Xu Kai is so pretty:wub:and there is a lot of praise for the FL also.

I think because the eng sub is not available atm, that’s why not many people watch it including me lol.  I’m waiting patiently until the eng sub come out. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the changes so far, but some of the scenes are a bit slow. I hope LZY gets her body back soon though. This whole she is dead business is really slowing down the romance.

I personally really like Xu Kai. He is good in both their childhood scenes and the current scenes.

Good to hear that this drama is a hit in China. We can hope that it will get subbed soon then.

Finished watching episode 1-4; like what I've seen so far. The male lead is so cute:wub:. I am really looking forward to their lovey dovey in the future. Mo Qing has liked Zhao Yao since they were young however their situation back then would not let Zhao Yao to reciprocate that feeling. Not to mention that their position were too different, it would be difficult for a woman like Zhao Yao to fall to Mo Qing. She fell for Luo Ming Xuan instead. Now when Mo Qing finally get his "upgrade", I am curious how Zhao Yao will finally fall for him.

OMG, I’m really loving that library/ attempted seduction scene in ep 10.

Spoiler

Li Chen Lan caught Zhao Yao reading a story about a man who came back to life after three days and claims that he saw the immortal realm. Li Chen Lan asks if Zhao Yao believes this stuff, he wonders who she truly is and she wonders if she just said anything weird/revealing.Zhao Yao says that ghost stories are just made up. He then ask if it’s just made up then why does he keep her around for? She replies that he sure knows how to joke and asks if he is interested in the ghost stories.

Li Chen Lan tells Zhao Yao he is the one who wants to find her the most. She says to herself, so that you can destroy the grass at its roots? Zhao Yao tries to go touchy feely with Li Chen Lan by pretending to reach for a book behind him on a high shelf, but he just pushes her away.

She wonders if when she found him a master, did she find a priest or monk to teach him, he’s now so virtuous he can resist her attempts at seduction, LOL! Zhao Yao wonders if he doesn’t like her being so bold/direct with him so instead compliments him by saying his eyes look like the stars in the sky. He has a flashback of when Zhao Yao said something similar to him.She tells him that his eyes have attracted her and tries to step closer for a kiss but is pushed away.

Zhao Yao finds it strange that he can resist her,but thinks that’s enough seduction for one day and she can now put forward a request. She pretends that she is having difficulty in her cultivation attempts and asks if he can give her some medicine to make her more powerful. He agrees and she exclaims that “Master is so good to me.” But he knocks a scroll down to hit her on the head before disappearing and leaving behind some pills.

Zhao Yao thinks that, she did not know that the “Little Ugly Boy” (her nickname for Li Chen Lan) was so stubborn, she tried seducing him and complimented him, but his face did not change. Zhao Yao thinks that in reality he is so happy he is shaking so perhaps she needs to change her tactics.

@hathanhthanh09the library scene was my favorite from EP 10! I loved her failed seduction attempts and her little thoughts. Hahaha.

I’m really liking Xu Kai’s sudden change of expression.

Spoiler

The part where Zhao Yao took a bite of the apple on his desk and he sees her as herself. The longing and sadness in his eyes :bawling: This cute puppy needs to be protected!

tumblr_pmlh96T9ky1r69pqko4_r1_500.gif

1 hour ago, hathanhthanh09 said:

OMG, I’m really loving that library/ attempted seduction scene in ep 10.

Hide contents

Li Chen Lan caught Zhao Yao reading a story about a man who came back to life after three days and claims that he saw the immortal realm. Li Chen Lan asks if Zhao Yao believes this stuff, he wonders who she truly is and she wonders if she just said anything weird/revealing.Zhao Yao says that ghost stories are just made up. He then ask if it’s just made up then why does he keep her around for? She replies that he sure knows how to joke and asks if he is interested in the ghost stories.

Li Chen Lan tells Zhao Yao he is the one who wants to find her the most. She says to herself, so that you can destroy the grass at its roots? Zhao Yao tries to go touchy feely with Li Chen Lan by pretending to reach for a book behind him on a high shelf, but he just pushes her away.

She wonders if when she found him a master, did she find a priest or monk to teach him, he’s now so virtuous he can resist her attempts at seduction, LOL! Zhao Yao wonders if he doesn’t like her being so bold/direct with him so instead compliments him by saying his eyes look like the stars in the sky. He has a flashback of when Zhao Yao said something similar to him.She tells him that his eyes have attracted her and tries to step closer for a kiss but is pushed away.

Zhao Yao finds it strange that he can resist her,but thinks that’s enough seduction for one day and she can now put forward a request. She pretends that she is having difficulty in her cultivation attempts and asks if he can give her some medicine to make her more powerful. He agrees and she exclaims that “Master is so good to me.” But he knocks a scroll down to hit her on the head before disappearing and leaving behind some pills.

Zhao Yao thinks that, she did not know that the “Little Ugly Boy” (her nickname for Li Chen Lan) was so stubborn, she tried seducing him and complimented him, but his face did not change. Zhao Yao thinks that in reality he is so happy he is shaking so perhaps she needs to change her tactics.

I loved that scene but had no idea what he was reading haha. Thank you so much for the translation!

4 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Sighh.. while waiting for subs.... I'm currently reading the book...

Ohhhh Zhao yao is hilarious but sooo dense...that it made me I feel bad for Mo Qing..... lol 

No kidding. That poor guy had unrequited love for Zhao Yao for like 10 years and she just keeps misunderstanding his actions. I don't know how Mo Qing can stay in love with her for sooooo long sometimes.

Found the trailer for ep 11-12

From this teaser, it’s revealed that Li Chen Lan actually buried a ruby that was inside Zhao Yao’s necklace ( he left it for her after their drunken night together) in her “grave”. He gives her back the necklace so that he can hear her thoughts...

4 hours ago, arcchidus said:

No kidding. That poor guy had unrequited love for Zhao Yao for like 10 years and she just keeps misunderstanding his actions. I don't know how Mo Qing can stay in love with her for sooooo long sometimes.

If she seduced him like in the book there is no wonder he can’t forget her :lol:. Besides, men are falling for their first love harder than women and this puppy even had lacked love of any kind.

53 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

In the trailer ep 11-12, it seems MQ treat ZY nicer than before, he let her hug him and even pick her up, did he know his “student” was ZY?

Not sure if he gave her back the necklace at this point, but when one of his subordinates reports that Zhi Yan is fighting with Bei San Zhou/Yuan Ye ,Li Chen Lan rushes out and says “ Zhao Yao”

46 minutes ago, hathanhthanh09 said:

Not sure if he gave her back the necklace at this point, but when one of his subordinates reports that Zhi Yan is fighting with Bei San Zhou/Yuan Ye ,Li Chen Lan rushes out and says “ Zhao Yao”

Right? Which made me assumed that he found her identity out or is close to realizing it's really ZY? Either way, we need more seducing scenes :joy: 

2 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

If she seduced him like in the book there is no wonder he can’t forget her :lol:. Besides, men are falling for their first love harder than women and this puppy even had lacked love of any kind.

I am 100% sure they are keeping that part because you can see bits of it in the ending song.

Few gifs of tonight's episode (11-12)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mo Qing already know by this point that Zhao yao is using Zi yan's body...

Ah... maybe I'm just weird.. but my fav gif is actually this one.. lol I'm not sure how to say it.. but this scene is really cool! 

giphy.gif

Oh wow that last gif is very cool. I know some people said the CG isn't very good in this show, but then I think if you compare with other Chinese shows of the same type, the CG here is actually not bad. It's not western show quality, but it's definitely not jarring. 

Well ,this drama lack hero,he is always the last person to know what is going on around him,the type of hero in the "The legend of yun xi"is not here at all.the writer has the right actor and actress ,a little bit of good story going on ,but, can't understand why she is so blind to the truth of seeking to hurt him when the evidence of her anger shows otherwise,it doesn't make sense at all,she knows him,he is not capable of hurting her,even ,memory of her around him shows the dip love for her in his ❤,this type story is confusing.

The man that killed his grandfather is the one she supposedly to be angry with,i am confused why   he is in the casket waiting to be resurrecte,he cleanly betrayed himself and her,stab her in her heart,t that type of revenge is what i was waiting for to be done,Mo Qing even have some score to settle with that man.even though some comedy in her quest to hurt Mo qing ,still i myself can't understand why she is doing it at all.i sincerely hope this is not other bloody romance"i hate that drama.

D'oh, the hero in this Drama is the girl :sweatingbullets:. She really hates to be the damsel in distress and is very frustrated with her status at the moment. Before she was the one kicking asses and ruling over her own sect. She was kind of upset finding out MQ made it that peaceful.
The guy that killed her grandpa is dead for her. Only we know that he is still kind of alive.
And her wanting revenge at MQ is very plausible. He betrayed and killed her as far she remembers now and she is the very unforgiving type.

To be honest, I don't understand what is to missunderstand :ph34r:. The story isn't truly complex. Badass heroine kicks asses, devoted male lover, fighting against the evil.

Archived