[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Can you please tell me in which chapter of the novel this scene takes place.  Thanks.  Maybe I will read and enjoy it since the drama seems to betray us.:tired:

You can read what happened in the epilogue in MQ's pov. It's not explicit, but it's really funny reading what MQ was thinking before and after.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Can you please tell me in which chapter of the novel this scene takes place.  Thanks.  Maybe I will read and enjoy it since the drama seems to betray us.:tired:

Started half way through 55, and end at 56 xD I stayed up last night and read that part. And yes, it’s hot lol! :wub::lol:

3 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

How come it seems like QQX is easily smitten? LOL.. don’t get me wrong, I do ship him and SQ but I feel kind of sad too:tears: hoping for more MQ and ZY scene next week.

I think he has always been very quiet, very guarded because he has to deal with the supposingly good sect people, yet always scheming, and that’s just not how Buddhist is. Shi qi is the first one that literally acts pure, she doesn’t care what people sees, she cares about her 1 goal at a time, she isn’t scheming, her actions aren’t guarded by the traditional norms, which is very refreshing. Basically if you think shi qi is a baby, you know why every baby is easily loved. So far, we have 5 female characters, and they are vastly different from one another

@Vang XiongYes, JW piece it together that the he likes is Zhao Yao and not Zhi Yan

JW kept saying QQX's heart became a heart of human/mortal. I didnt get it until now. 

tumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao10_r1_400.png

tumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao7_r1_400.pngtumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao8_r1_400.png

HE LOST THE RED DOT ON HIS FOREHEAD!!! He fell in love with luo seventeen so now he  has attachments to the mortal world. Thus lost his status as a 'saint'. 

Sometimes I wish the drama Zhao Yao had organized their plot like 10 miles of peach blossom. The novel had plenty of flashbacks as well but the drama placed all the parts in chronological according to the date. 

29 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Started half way through 55, and end at 56 xD I stayed up last night and read that part. And yes, it’s hot lol! :wub::lol:

Did you read it in Chinese? I only know of translations in English going up to chapter 10 so far :(

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

@Vang XiongYes, JW piece it together that the he likes is Zhao Yao and not Zhi Yan

JW kept saying QQX's became a heart of human/mortal. I didnt get it until now. 

HE LOST THE RED DOT ON HIS FOREHEAD!!! He fell in love with luo seventeen so now he  has attachments to the mortal world. Thus lost his status as a 'saint'. 

Sometimes I wish the drama Zhao Yao had organized their plot like 10 miles of peach blossom. The novel had plenty of flashbacks as well but the drama placed all the parts in chronological according to the date. 

I hope these two get a happy ending!!

2 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

My thoughts exactly!! I read the book for TMOPB and it was confusing but the drama was able to placed it so well. 

1 hour ago, Vang Xiong said:

My thoughts exactly!! I read the book for TMOPB and it was confusing but the drama was able to placed it so well. 

Can they re-edit the whole series for us? They can make it 10x better if edit nicely like TMPB. It's just so choppy. It's a nice story too but they almost kinda ruined it with the editing. Seems so rushed with the CGI too. Not going to stop me from watching but it'll def be a plus. OR maybe give us a decent version once the series finish airing.  

Wishful thinking. 

@DontEatMyKimchi OMG I did not notice his red dot go missing. That's gonna add another level of complexity to his character, and I'm excited!

The story has been quite choppy and unsatisfying in certain aspects of story telling. Like we're dying to know what happens next but we have to wait while they circle back or we want to know why this person is like this and we don't have the backstory. :confused:

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I hope these two get a happy ending!!

Spoiler

Umm, I think you shouldn't put too much hope on those pairing; if they follow the novel, they won't get together. I don't know whether QQX loves her or not but he does cares about her to an extent, like family at least; whereas, SQ doesn't understand a thing about the difference between man and woman so she doesn't even understand what love is; and she is very sure she loves ZhaoYao more than anyone else in this world.

In the end of novel, QQX become immortal and ascend to the heaven, leaving behind the mortal world; SQ said to ZhaoYao that she feels kind of sad and empty after knowing QQX go to the heaven and can't meet with him anymore; ZhaoYao knows now that SQ really loves QQX but since they can't be together anymore, ZhaoYao thinks it's better for her not knowing that it means she loves QQX so she lies to her saying that she can eat to her heart extend to cure that sickness feeling; SQ, being pure and trusting ZhaoYao, in the end does what ZhaoYao has suggested. 

3 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

JW kept saying QQX's became a heart of human/mortal. I didnt get it until now. 

Oh wow, i didn't notice the forehead dot is gone!!! I know JW mocked that QQX has earthly desires/ mortal attachments, but i didnt realise there is physical effects until you mention the red dot! To be fair, Seventeen is really innocent and adorable, ZY previously mentioned that she has no sense of gender differences. i supposed compared to all the scheming and fighting, QQX must feel that Seventeen is really refreshing and different.

52 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Can they re-edit the whole series for us? They can make it 10x better if edit nicely like TMPB. It's just so choppy. It's a nice story too but they almost kinda ruined it with the editing. Seems so rushed with the CGI too. Not going to stop me from watching but it'll def be a plus. OR maybe give us a decent version once the series finish airing.  

Wishful thinking.  

Watch the dvd version. It's edited a bit better. Honestly, the Youtube version turned me off so bad I sort of semi-lost interest.

On the bright side, I now have a hard copy version of the novel in Chinese in my hands.

9 hours ago, clpomelo said:

Did you read it in Chinese? I only know of translations in English going up to chapter 10 so far :(

It got translated to Vietnamese :p 

9 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

JW kept saying QQX's heart became a heart of human/mortal. I didnt get it until now. 

Nice spotting! Didn’t notice that!

7 hours ago, fancia said:
  Hide contents

Umm, I think you shouldn't put too much hope on those pairing; if they follow the novel, they won't get together. I don't know whether QQX loves her or not but he does cares about her to an extent, like family at least; whereas, SQ doesn't understand a thing about the difference between man and woman so she doesn't even understand what love is; and she is very sure she loves ZhaoYao more than anyone else in this world.

In the end of novel, QQX become immortal and ascend to the heaven, leaving behind the mortal world; SQ said to ZhaoYao that she feels kind of sad and empty after knowing QQX go to the heaven and can't meet with him anymore; ZhaoYao knows now that SQ really loves QQX but since they can't be together anymore, ZhaoYao thinks it's better for her not knowing that it means she loves QQX so she lies to her saying that she can eat to her heart extend to cure that sickness feeling; SQ, being pure and trusting ZhaoYao, in the end does what ZhaoYao has suggested. 

Spoiler

So did QQX like Zhao Yao before he ascend to heaven?

35 minutes ago, 12blbl said:
  Hide contents

So did QQX like Zhao Yao before he ascend to heaven?

He did, but more of infatuation, and that’s why it’s a bad thought (that spawn xinmo) and not pure love. I think with Buddhism, you can love (Someone of a different sex), however, the enlightenment is you realise it’s just part of a human life, and love for Buddhist is greatest? After all, Buddhism is about compassionate, if you have no love, you can’t be compassionate. And I think that’s why he reached enlightenment after loving shi qi and transcend. (It’s my interpretation anyway)

Archived