[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

37 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

I highly recommend rewatching the DVD version on iQiyi.  The editing in the web ver is terrible, the flow of the drama is completely disturbed. What's the point of moving the some clips before the opening song?  
Note on the DVD ver: It's one episode late. So, the kiss ep (32ep in TV/WEB) will be up NEXT WEEK. Meanwhile, if you want to see the full unsegmented video <12min> / <3min>

Thank you! Baidu says that the TV version has 56 eps while the DVD version has 55 so I'm a little nervous where the extra ep is going.

iQiyi is location restricted in my country. I'm on my phone now so I can't check but I've been using Opera's inbuilt vpn to access the YouTube dramas. Do you know if an Americas vpn would work for iQiyi as well?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ilovetea said:

iQiyi is location restricted in my country. I'm on my phone now so I can't check but I've been using Opera's inbuilt vpn to access the YouTube dramas. Do you know if an Americas vpn would work for iQiyi as well?

Same here. Normally I use a VPN client but many videos at IQiyi don't play when they notice I use one. Probably it would play if I get an account but I can't set up an account even via mobile since the connection is not secure with "new" https standarts.
Sites like Weibo notice any VPN client and blocking you out. Probably there are few VPN clients who aren't get noticed but I prefer to use one that is legal in my country.

1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I know! But even if it’s blurred out by being in the mirror (the details ain’t as vivid), it’s still smoking hot! Love the way he caress her as they locked lips xD because of how hot it is... I kinda forgive them a bit lol :lol: also we have the leak of the actual footage! I’ll live if I get to see it on YouTube in an mv somewhere :lol:

@Alila Nguyen: those stilled images are not enough for me! :lol: I wanna see the whole trying to take off clothes while kissing. 

@xienrue: I wouldn’t count his cape off as being doing the deed but maybe. Sigh. One thing I was laughing at is where did all the other guards go? LCL was the only one guarding the entrance and they kissed right by the door without anyone seeing? :wub: :lol:

2 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Same here. Normally I use a VPN client but many videos at IQiyi don't play when they notice I use one. Probably it would play if I get an account but I can't set up an account even via mobile since the connection is not secure with "new" https standarts.
Sites like Weibo notice any VPN client and blocking you out. Probably there are few VPN clients who aren't get noticed but I prefer to use one that is legal in my country.

I usually use unblock youku to watch iqiyi, but the extension only works 70% of the time. I turn to hola if unblock doesn't work. Hola slows my internet speed. I made an account and then I had no problem going on weibo without a vpn.

2 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

@Alila Nguyen: those stilled images are not enough for me! :lol: I wanna see the whole trying to take off clothes while kissing. 

@xienrue: I wouldn’t count his cape off as being doing the deed but maybe. Sigh. One thing I was laughing at is where did all the other guards go? LCL was the only one guarding the entrance and they kissed right by the door without anyone seeing? :wub: :lol:

In the novel, Zhi Yao threw a big feast after sealing away LMX so everyone was busy partying. Except for LCL. Such a good boy. 

It would be nice to at least see how the cape came off. TOO SHORT TOO SHORT. Wished the drama spent less time with the flashback and more time on the kiss scenes :triumph:

3 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

Lol! The power of gift/mv :lol:

the guards - I think ZY said that they have a 3 days feast, and because of that, everyone is like super drunk/no need to do their duty. However, MQ isn’t into it, so he continues with his duty

well, I’m gonna say by how tender and comfortable he is with her in the morning, they did the deed lol! Like seriously, you can see how the weight on his shoulder suddenly got lift off. From doesn’t dare to look straight into her face to lovingly, gently touch her face, he’s totally seeing her as his wife. What killed me though is how after he realised she doesn’t remember, so he endured the suffering of a broken heart in silence. He didn’t cry, just dutifully do his job, and somehow that just hurt so much :bawling: poor our little puppy :bawling: good thing though is that now ZY realised how much he loves her, and won’t turn her back on that, and decided to go full steam on loving him :wub: hopefully more kissing scenes!

4 hours ago, xienrue said:

Tonight episodes are worth of me staying late:). But the waiting game is re-started .....:tears: Sigh ....

@Alila Nguyen I agree with you that the drunk kissing scene is hot. Really like how Mo Qing hand moves around Zhao Yao body. And I think the drama gives us the hint that they did the deed because in the morning we see that Mo Qing outer clothes are off his body. By the way, what is this leak of footage that you are talking about?

Next week seems interesting with Yuan Ji out of prison. I wish that the drama made Zhao Yao give him the punishment. Now Zhao Yao already realize her feeling toward Li Chen Lan, it would not be logical if she can endure Yuan Ji hurts Li Chen Lan again and again, especially in Li Chen Lan current body condition.

Lol I was hoping there is a vid leak after all those high res stills :P it seems like the review suggest the maid guard saved MQ instead, which put her back into the good side of MQ to give ZY more troubles in the future. From the review, it seems ZY has to endure some pains to get back to MQ? I wonder what’s that about

11 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

They nerfed the fight with LMX. Perhaps they spend too much budget on the relic arc. 

Reveal hidden contents

LMX IS STILL ALIVE. I guess the rumours on weibo were true. There will be a 3rd LMX revival arc. 

tumblr_pnt2v2AvBW1u1iqoao2_540.png

mo qing is tied to the pillar that is in front of the light blue people that look like a bunch of lanterns

tumblr_pnt2v2AvBW1u1iqoao1_540.png

I feel like the TV ver cut some kiss scenes. The actors + ress did a good job but ITS TOO SHORT!! Have to check out the DVD vers later.  

TV preview 1 +2 

Web Preview 1

Web preview 2

BTS- kiss goodbye

Full kiss scene cut 1080p

Full res

It looks like the pictures of drunken kiss scene didn’t come from the video.  They have different pose when MQ caress ZY’s face in the morning. Also the video is dark. But the pictures is bright.

4 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Lol! The power of gift/mv :lol:

the guards - I think ZY said that they have a 3 days feast, and because of that, everyone is like super drunk/no need to do their duty. However, MQ isn’t into it, so he continues with his duty

well, I’m gonna say by how tender and comfortable he is with her in the morning, they did the deed lol! Like seriously, you can see how the weight on his shoulder suddenly got lift off. From doesn’t dare to look straight into her face to lovingly, gently touch her face, he’s totally seeing her as his wife. What killed me though is how after he realised she doesn’t remember, so he endured the suffering of a broken heart in silence. He didn’t cry, just dutifully do his job, and somehow that just hurt so much :bawling: poor our little puppy :bawling: good thing though is that now ZY realised how much he loves her, and won’t turn her back on that, and decided to go full steam on loving him :wub: hopefully more kissing scenes!

Your words here make me realize that ......:bawling: So devoted and selfless, sigh.....

In the preview, we can take that the drama will deviate from the novel regarding on how Zhao Yao comes back to live. Based on the preview, I should say that I prefer the drama version more. Because with making Zhao Yao needs to endure some pain to be able to come back, it shows her determination to come back to Li Chen Lan side. She can just let go and decide to stay dead. In her point of view, Luo Ming Xuan is dead already so her business in living world is more or less finished. But she choose to come back still because of Li Chen Lan. Hope we will have some hot kissing scene after the couple is reunited.

And I am happy that Lin Zhi Yu is back to the picture. Please let Zhao Yao returns to Wan Lu Men the exact moment Lin Zhi Yu is about to touch Li Chen Lan. Let Zhao Yao sees that and then doing something to assert her claim on Li Chen Lan :lol:

Positive note: I really like the acting up until last night episodes. Xu Kai surprises me really since as far as I know he is quite new to this acting department and this is the first time he plays as male lead. Bai Lu is very great as Zhao Yao. Her Zhao Yao can be shy like a girl falling in love for the first time but still retain the strength and boldness. Kudos to both of them!

BTS KISS SCENE :blush:  Thats lot of lipstick smudging. 

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

It looks like the pictures of drunken kiss scene didn’t come from the video.  They have different pose when MQ caress ZY’s face in the morning. Also the video is dark. But the pictures is bright.

The wallpapers are onset stills. These 4K photo taken by photographer at the time of filming.

I pretty sure this drama only filmed during the day time, when the sun was out. Thus, 'night time'  is the result of the exposure being tampered with throughout entire zhao yao drama. If you take a close look, sometimes their heads are glowing against the background in the kiss scene video. 

tumblr_pnyfqs4cwI1u1iqoao2_250.jpgtumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao3_r1_400.pngtumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao2_540.png

It happens a bunch of times in this particular drama where sometimes the 'darkness' in between frames don't even match up. For example, when the sun sets, and ZY becomes visible the scene, looks like it is night time. However, a couple seconds later while still in the same 'time zone', it's bright again.

Here are some examples. 

Spoiler

tumblr_pnly0huWPA1u1iqoao3_r1_540.gifDramatumblr_pnly0huWPA1u1iqoao9_r1_540.jpgOn set location.

tumblr_pn3x2nmqTR1u1iqoao3_400.jpg

In the drama of this scene they were looking at the moon and ZY wanted MQ to give her a sword.  It was day time on set. 

tumblr_pn3x2nmqTR1u1iqoao2_400.jpg

When MQ was about to departure for the lighting sword retrieval journey. The photo in daytime, while drama was night time.

15 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

Do we know if they post any spoiler regarding the final episode yet? I am so worried if it'll be a happy or sad. :( 

Happy.The novel writer helped out the script writers. It is IMPOSSIBLE THAT THE DRAMA WILL HAVE A SAD ENDING as the author ONLY writes happy endings. I have not read every single one of her books but I have read most of them,  they are ALL extremely sweet happy endings. 

The every last lines of novel: 

ZY "your son is too naughty" 

MQ "then throw him away, we can make another one" 

@DontEatMyKimchi Thanks for the BTS scene. Do you know what the director say to them that makes Bai Lu laughing out loud?

And I just re-read your post regarding Luo Ming Xuan 2nd revival. Hmm, seems the drama will add scene when the immortals sect succeeded in catching Li Chen Lan and then Zhao Yao comes to save him. And perhaps she asked Jiang Wu for help, hence she holds his sword at that picture. Very interesting.

BTS Kiss scene #1 (the one I already posted)

• director deciding on the position while MQ screamed the  "AHH!" 
  • D "kiss for a sec" (as in practice/positioning) "one more take" (to the staffs) // ZY giggles because she left a lip stick stain on MQ
  • 0:28 D "lets do a rehearsal, like kiss for real" // ZY burst out in laughter // MQ asks for mouthwash
  • 0:56 D "ok ok ok" // MQ "you changed MY lipstick to YOUR lipstick" (mm MQ honey, shouldn't it be the other way around, but the way he said this was soo cute)
  • Staff wiping MQ's lip "all the lip skin was kissed away" // MQ "my first on screen kiss is gone" 

BTS KISS SCENE #2

• MQ 1:07 "I felt like I ate 100pound of chilli peppers" 

The BTS has better editing than the drama itself. The actors, directors, and the on set staffs did such a good job with the drama production, it is SO SO SO sad to see it fall apart in the hands of the editing team. :triumph:

0068XEC6ly1g0u3azqy1nj31hc0u0aqk.jpgTHEY ARE SOOO CUTE!:lol:

007DUpiqly1g0u5830ax4j334022o7wm.jpg

007DUpiqly1g0u58608p8j334022ou10.jpg

PS.   一夜荒唐  vs 一夜荒 (the title for the BTS)

一夜荒(yi ye huang táng) this is a substitute code in a lot of novels instead of saying 'they did the deed'. The direct translation of this phrase is "scandalous one night". 

一夜荒糖 (yi ye huang táng - same) is a pun on the word tang. This tang  means 'candy'. Like how English fans would say 'such a sweet scene', the Chinese fans would usually say 'they are handing out candy'.  Therefore this phrase would mean "one night of sweetness"

Thanks @DontEatMyKimchi! I loved those BTS clips!

It seems like it was longer than what we got in the drama. Will we get one from Mo Qing’s POV (like in the epilogue of the novel) because I didn’t get a clear look in the drama :joy:

Bai Lu is either so into character or she just likes teasing poor Xu Kai/Mo Qing even when they were just practicing. :lol:

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Happy.The novel writer helped out the script writers. It is IMPOSSIBLE THAT THE DRAMA WILL HAVE A SAD ENDING as the author ONLY writes happy endings. I have not read every single one of her books but I have read most of them,  they are ALL extremely sweet happy endings. 

The every last lines of novel: 

ZY "your son is too naughty" 

MQ "then throw him away, we can make another one" 

Yeah, that's the reason I started reading the novel too, cause i heard there is going to be a happy ending! So I m keeping my fingers cross that the drama will follow!

It seems that these 2 eps have a focus on ZY noticing MQ's love for her. At the start of the battle with LMX, she said something along the line of "You always calmly do all these things (for me) in such a gentle manner without me knowing. All those years ago when I left to find him (LMX), what kind of feelings did you have then..."

ZY's words are getting sweeter and sweeter :D

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

And I just re-read your post regarding Luo Ming Xuan 2nd revival. Hmm, seems the drama will add scene when the immortals sect succeeded in catching Li Chen Lan and then Zhao Yao comes to save him. And perhaps she asked Jiang Wu for help, hence she holds his sword at that picture. Very interesting.

Apparently there was a scene where Lin Zhi Yu handed the lighting sword to Luo Ming Xuan which lead to the speculations that ZY borrowed Jiang Wu's sword. I think Jiang Wu might have died at this point. After all, MQ descends to a demonic state after Jiang Wu awaken him with his 'last breath'.

tumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao5_r2_500.jpg

tumblr_pnz9g7t2Xo1u1iqoao6_r1_500.jpg

Either way, Lin Zhi Yu is going to be the 'next' villain in the future arcs. LZY WAS SUPPOSE TO BE LOYAL TO ZY! AND LZY WAS A DUDE! Whatever. As long as ZY and MQ are together, they are free to change the plot to whatever they want. 

Spoiler

9697d8fcgy1g0u2ipvxznj20yi1fru0x.jpg9697d8fcgy1g0u2iqqzqqj20yi1frqv5.jpg

9697d8fcgy1g0u2irkte3j20yi1fru0x.jpg

9697d8fcgy1g0u2io9wu6j20yi1frx6p.jpg

9697d8fcgy1g0u2m49bk5j20yi1frqv5.jpg

9697d8fcgy1g0u2m37ac9j20yi1frnpd.jpg

@DontEatMyKimchi Thank you!!! Awwww, they are sooo cute:wub:.

And I start of getting bored of Zhao Yao getting saved over and over again by Li Chen Lan. Zhao Yao is not damsel in distress character, so she get to save Li Chen Lan for a change would be refreshing. I like it when two character equally powerful getting together; I have this dislike on damsel in distress characters (almost always found in main female character).

@miyaism Hahahahaha, in almost of every BTS that I have seen, I always see Bai Lu teasing Xu Kai. I get this feel that they very much enjoyed acting in a scene together.

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

BTS Kiss scene #1 (the one I already posted)

• director deciding on the position while MQ screamed the  "AHH!" 
  • D "kiss for a sec" (as in practice/positioning) "one more take" (to the staffs) // ZY giggles because she left a lip stick stain on MQ
  • 0:28 D "lets do a rehearsal, like kiss for real" // ZY burst out in laughter // MQ asks for mouthwash
  • 0:56 D "ok ok ok" // MQ "you changed MY lipstick to YOUR lipstick" (mm MQ honey, shouldn't it be the other way around, but the way he said this was soo cute)
  • Staff wiping MQ's lip "all the lip skin was kissed away" // MQ "my first on screen kiss is gone" 

BTS KISS SCENE #2

• MQ 1:07 "I felt like I ate 100pound of chilli peppers" 

The BTS has better editing than the drama itself. The actors, directors, and the on set staffs did such a good job with the drama production, it is SO SO SO sad to see it fall apart in the hands of the editing team. :triumph:

0068XEC6ly1g0u3azqy1nj31hc0u0aqk.jpgTHEY ARE SOOO CUTE!:lol:

007DUpiqly1g0u5830ax4j334022o7wm.jpg

007DUpiqly1g0u58608p8j334022ou10.jpg

PS.   一夜荒唐  vs 一夜荒 (the title for the BTS)

一夜荒(yi ye huang táng) this is a substitute code in a lot of novels instead of saying 'they did the deed'. The direct translation of this phrase is "scandalous one night". 

一夜荒糖 (yi ye huang táng - same) is a pun on the word tang. This tang  means 'candy'. Like how English fans would say 'such a sweet scene', the Chinese fans would usually say 'they are handing out candy'.  Therefore this phrase would mean "one night of sweetness"

Did you link the bts via a .cn or YouTube? I’m having trouble seeing anything .cn or weibo :(

Archived