[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, Vang Xiong said:

My thoughts exactly!! There was this blurred image in the ending and MV which look like a bed scene but who knows. But I’m kind of embracing myself for disappointment...

I've been trolling this forum, but was too lazy to post, but just can't resist joining the The Legends conversation because it's just too good...haven't felt like this way about a drama since high school :lol:

I think that blurred bed scene in the MV looked like their wedding night? It looked like they were both dressed in red. Also, I suspect that it might just end with a kiss (cries) because there's a picture I saw somewhere (can't remember which page on the forum or another website) that looked like the morning after, and they're still dressed and leaning against that rock that she accosted him at. Guessing she just kissed him and passed out and he held her in his arms until the morning or something romantic like that. 

My gosh, the strained expression on his face as he tries to resist her at first is just priceless. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In ep 29

Spoiler

Zhao Yao walks in on a conversation between Li Chen Lan and Si Ma Rong. Si Ma Rong jokes that Li Chen Lan’s little disciple has come to find him and Li Chen Lan tells him to increase the number of people searching for Shi Qi.

Zhao Yao asks if Shi Qi is still not back yet and is still lost? Si Ma Rong remarks that Zhao Yao seems to know her so well. She says to Li Chen Lan: Didn’t Shi Qi esacape with Qin Qianxian? She’s still not back? Did you really send people out to find her and where did she go before? He replies that Shi Qi was looking for immortal grass for the previous sect leader.

Li Chen Lan tells Si Ma Rong that they stopped Liu Su Ruo this time but they still need a long term plan so they need to send a group out to watch her every move. Si Ma Rong says that Liu Su Ruo is still hiding in Feng Shan (Phoenix mountain) so they need to bring Qin Qianxian back to protect the bloodline of the Qin family (Li Chen Lan doesn’t seem very happy at this prospect).

Si Ma Rong tells Zhao Yao that her actions today were very dangerous and caused her Shifu to be unhappy, so now she needs to placate him.

Zhao Yao asks Li Chen Lan if she needs to placate him but he says no need. She says she feels she needs to and he asks what she wants. Zhao Yao says she wants to acknowledge that she was wrong. He asks where is she wrong? Zhao Yao says she shouldn’t have let her sister act on her own and caused Shifu to get worried but other than that she is not wrong.

Li Chen Lan  is kind of angry that Zhao Yao thinks she is not wrong but says that he will be worried. Zhao Yao says she will definitely tell Zhi Yan so that she won’t cause Shifu to get worried. He says the one I am concerned about is you!!!! Zhao Yao says there’s no need to be concerned about her and ask him about his wound(so she is concerned about him).Li Chen Lan replies that his wounds should be okay after some resting for a few days.

Zhao Yao then reluctantly says that she wants to bring Liu Cangling back to Wan Lu Men (because he is Zhi Yan’s fiancé). Li Chen Lan says,”You’re concerned for him???” (He is so jealous ha ha). She replies of course not, other than Shifu how can she be concerned about anyone else. She is just afraid he will be used (against them as blackmail). Li Chen Lan replies that after a few days when his wound is better he will go with her (to retrieve Liu Cangling). She thanks him and he tells her to remember not to act on her own.

After getting his wound treated and seeing the golden aura in the sky Li Chen Lan goes to find Zhao Yao. When he finds out she isn’t in her room he goes to look for her near her “grave”. He says he knows she is there and shouts her name. Li Chen Lan tells her if she needs something they can discuss it with each other. She appears behind him and says,”So you knew all along?” He says that she can tell him her plans and they can discuss it with each other.

Zhao Yao says when Luo Mingxuan had not reawakened everything was easy to say, but if he has awakened then there is nothing left to discuss. Their private grudge with each other, needs no help and interference  from anyone. 

Even if she is dead ,just crawled out of hell, is using a tattered body or is a dry skeleton she will difinitely cause Luo Mingxuan to attain his golden immortal status in vain. Li Chen Lan  tries to reach out to touch her face but Zhao Yao turns away and jumps through the tree portal. After she is gone he says “You are not alone”

62-D33-DC2-2904-43-B5-A587-8-BBBCD71-A4-

In the ghost market Zhao Yao asks her friend Zi Yu to help her buy some power boosting pills but is told by him that they need to be related somehow for him to be able to buy them for her.

Zhao Yao spots the mother trying to marry off her son and says she wants to immediately marry him but she wants some power boosting pills given to her in exchange. The mother immediately agrees,  and says after they sign the red book she will get her the power boosting pills.Zhao Yao requests the most expensive/ long lasting one and the mother says as long as her son likes her then the price doesn’t matter. The mother asks her son if he likes Zhao Yao and she tells him to say that he likes her and he signs the red book (marriage certificate).

Li Chen Lan finds out about Lin Zi Yu’s involvement in Zhi Yan’s disappearance and throws her across the room. His demonic side resurfaces and was about to kill her when A Dai begs for her life. He spares her but orders her to be imprisoned. Lin Zi Yu recalls what Bei Shan Zhu said to her about her loyalty not mattering and that she is just Li Chen Lan’s dog. ( This might come into play later and she becomes even more vengeful)

59 minutes ago, gyna1 said:

@frostflower14 thanks for the recap in eng! You’re awesome!!! Hm....I wonder if Lin Zin Yu have feelings for Li Chen Lan?....

I definitely think Lin Zi Yu has feelings for him,otherwise she wouldn’t be so jealous of Zhao Yao/Zhi Yan getting all his attention. She also wouldn’t resent the fact that she gets relieved of her duties every time she fails in her duty to protect/keep watch over Zhao Yao and constantly try to eliminate her.

Here ‘s the conversation between Li Chen Lan/ Mo Qing and Zhao Yao after he saves her from getting killed by Luo Mingxuan in ep 30:

Spoiler

When he saves her from Luo Mingxuan, Mo Qing says “ Lu Zhao Yao has me to protect her”.

2678-D1-C1-DC10-4-EC5-B937-DA99-B34-AE1-

Afterwards they have this conversation:

Mo Qing: Zhao Yao, is it really you?

Zhao Yao:It’s me, it’s really me. Luo Mingxuan is still alive.

Mo Qing: Not for very long

Zhao Yao: We can’t let him get away.

Mo Qing: You stay here

Zhao Yao: I just crawled out of a pit, I’m not here to play

Mo Qing: If you choose to fight, I will be your sword. If you choose to retreat, I will be your shield.

EB15936-A-4-D50-467-D-A23-E-FE7-B46725-CProfile of Zhao Yao

Blood Type: AB

Star Sign: Leo

Martial Arts Level: 5 stars

Intelligence: 3 stars

Delusional Value: 5 stars

Loves: Running above humanity in the mountain tops

Influence level in Jiang Hu: 100%

Weapon in Possession of: Lu He Tian Yi Sword (Lu He refers to Heaven, Earth,North, South, East and West, so it means The Universe Under Heaven Sword)

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Profile of Zhao Yao

Blood Type: AB

Star Sign: Leo

Martial Arts Level: 5 stars

Intelligence: 3 stars

Delusional Value: 5 stars

Loves: Running above humanity in the mountain tops

Influence level in Jiang Hu: 100%

Weapon in Possession of: Lu He Tian Yi Sword (Lu He refers to Heaven, Earth,North, South, East and West, so it means The Universe Under Heaven Sword)

She is SUCH a Leo!! Also, the intelligence level rating...I died. Why doesn't she love MQ though, wahhh ;) 

@DontEatMyKimchi Her expression is so hilarious :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Lets imagine her expression is when she sees this scene :P 

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukrc3pwj21hc0mkwqa.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hahahahahahah... I remember Her argument in the book was that he didn't put a lot of fight... why am I the one getting blamed? :joy::joy::joy::joy: 

But she has to realized Mo Qing gives in only after she says his name.. lols... meaning that she didn't mistaken him with anyone else. 

I think someone was talking about the aftermath.. in this picture it looks like they didn't do anything after kissing :sweatingbullets:

D004EE-VsAA-Oq7.jpg

Anyway... I think I was fooled for awhile lols because this picture is on plain daylight hahaha.. they must have darken them for night scene.

giphy.gif

@frostflower14 Thank you for the recaps :wub:

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukrjxcij21hc0medu9.jpg

Me and WHO? 

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukr9hpzj21hc0mkgx3.jpg

What is this? 

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukqxjq5j21hc0mgk1f.jpg

MQ and I (did what?)

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukr3y5nj21hc0mk14t.jpg

What nonsense is this?

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukr05wwj21hc0mkk16.jpg

Bullsht!

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukrktmjj21hc0mktkm.jpg

Who documented this?

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukrobgij21hc0mkdu9.jpg

You kidding me?

6d40f7f4ly1g0sukrc3pwj21hc0mkwqa.jpg

And her conclusion :joy: Ha.

I m so excited for this! ZY's expressions are gold here! Regardless, I really want to see the battle in tonight's episodes where ZY and MQ display their battle prowess and to get this part over with. Kinda got tired of Liu Su Ruo and her accomplices.

7 hours ago, clpomelo said:

I've been trolling this forum, but was too lazy to post, but just can't resist joining the The Legends conversation because it's just too good...haven't felt like this way about a drama since high school :lol:

I think that blurred bed scene in the MV looked like their wedding night? It looked like they were both dressed in red. Also, I suspect that it might just end with a kiss (cries) because there's a picture I saw somewhere (can't remember which page on the forum or another website) that looked like the morning after, and they're still dressed and leaning against that rock that she accosted him at. Guessing she just kissed him and passed out and he held her in his arms until the morning or something romantic like that. 

My gosh, the strained expression on his face as he tries to resist her at first is just priceless. 

Me too!! I’ve been trolling before I joined the forum because everyone post and revealed contents are too good!! 

23 minutes ago, Vang Xiong said:

Me too!! I’ve been trolling before I joined the forum because everyone post and revealed contents are too good!! 

Hahahaha!! I'm a lazy internet-er, but HAD to join the convo for this drama! It's too good :bawling:

One of my favourite moments so far is the scene in ep 21 where Zhao Yao has to placate Li Chen Lan because he was still angry she had not apologised for striking a deal with Jiang Wu and holding his hand. The part he was most concerned about was that his woman had touched another man!

Zhao Yao has to ask for Li Chen Lan’s help to investigate Jian Xin Men so she barges into his office, even after being told by one the guards that The Sect Leader was resting and she should come back tomorrow . She asks the guard, “How do you know Sect Leader is resting? Did you sleep with him? (LOL bl joke)Or did he write you a letter telling you so?”

Zhao Yao tells Li Chen Lan that she had come to express her feelings. She tells him “Shifu, I love you. I know you misunderstood that I was scheming with Jiang Wu but in that situation  I could only say that to save Xi Shan Zhu. I have no feelings for Jiang Wu, Shifu the one I whole heartedly love is you.” He asks how much does she love him? She replies,” More than the eagle(or hawk basically some kind of bird of prey) loves the wide sky and more than the wild horse love the grasslands. Basically, I don’t love Jiang Wu.” Since he is pleased with her answer, Li Chen Lan asks what she wants from him and she tells him on Zhi Yan’s behalf that she want to go to Jin Zhu City but it is too dangerous for her to go alone so she wants him to come with her.

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

Hahahahahahah... I remember Her argument in the book was that he didn't put a lot of fight... why am I the one getting blamed? :joy::joy::joy::joy: 

But she has to realized Mo Qing gives in only after she says his name.. lols... meaning that she didn't mistaken him with anyone else. 

He only gives in to her, and the reason she calls herself shameless and her reaction was because

Spoiler

Mo Qing has always been insecure because of the black and blue scars/seals on his face. He was hiding his face from her (after they've been kissing) and she even asked why he was hiding. He said something along the lines of "I am disgusting (to look at)." Zhao Yao ask where and tells him his eyes are beautiful like the stars and starts placing kisses all over his scars/seals. He asked her if she knew who he was and she answered he was the boy she saved and named Mo Qing.

:joy::joy::joy:

I don't have high hopes, but I don't want to be disappointed too LOL

35 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

One of my favourite moments so far is the scene in ep 21 where Zhao Yao has to placate Li Chen Lan because he was still angry she had not apologised for striking a deal with Jiang Wu and holding his hand. The part he was most concerned about was that his woman had touched another man!

Zhao Yao has to ask for Li Chen Lan’s help to investigate Jian Xin Men so she barges into his office, even after being told by one the guards that The Sect Leader was resting and she should come back tomorrow . She asks the guard, “How do you know Sect Leader is resting? Did you sleep with him? (LOL bl joke)Or did he write you a letter telling you so?”

Zhao Yao tells Li Chen Lan that she had come to express her feelings. She tells him “Shifu, I love you. I know you misunderstood that I was scheming with Jiang Wu but in that situation  I could only say that to save Xi Shan Zhu. I have no feelings for Jiang Wu, Shifu the one I whole hearted love is you.” He asks how much does she love him? She replies,” More than the eagle(or hawk basically some kind of bird of prey) loves the wide sky and more than the wild horse love the grasslands. Basically, I don’t love Jiang Wu.” Since he is pleased with her answer, Li Chen Lan asks what she wants from him and she tells him on Zhi Yan’s behalf that she want to go to Jin Zhu City but it is too dangerous for her to go alone so she wants him to come with her.

This is why I love MQ a lot, even knowing she doesn’t mean all these sweet things she said or did, and knowing she still hates him (back at the beginning), he couldn’t help it but be totally smitten and happy at receiving them :lol:

Archived