[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

Trailer for ep 29

From this trailer, it sounds like Zhi Yan received a letter from Liu Su Ru threatening her with Liu Cangling’s life. Zhi Yan gets her blood taken to revive  Luo Ming Xuan and Zhao Yao goes to the Ghost Market to get a “Returning Power” pill but after it’s effects wears off, she is even more invisible than before.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BikiLee said:

Oh dear, MQ/LCL is going to ruin me for other male leads. @DontEatMyKimchi - That translation! The sword/shield one. JFC, I think it might have melted my jaded heart, hahaha.

lolz, he ain't gonna ruin me, I've long been hooked & doomed for devoted male leads who aren't jerks and leave the female "for her own good", so he's like a fresh pond of water in the middle of the sahara :D

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

The sub is done for ep.6 in PP blog.  But i dont know if the other sites are also taking her subs coz other websites are also up to date subs till ep.6.  :cold_sweat:

I also had the same feeling, that they're just taking her sub, cuz the places she has some sub missing? You bet the other sites has the exact same sub missing :(

4 minutes ago, Rouzmary said:

I also had the same feeling, that they're just taking her sub, cuz the places she has some sub missing? You bet the other sites has the exact same sub missing :(

Another strong evidence is that the subs appear after she finished her sub, and they don’t release any more until she does. Now she’s doing this all by herself, hence it’s quite slow. Yet other website has multiple subber, and currently there is only can’t let you go and whatever the other love series is (west palace?) that are popular, so you can’t say they are that busy!

On 1/30/2019 at 3:51 PM, epinklyn said:

Hi @pad-hari :wub:,

I have only watched 2 eps, missed the 3rd and 4th, and there is no eng sub, so i just watching the beautiful scenery, and the people LOL, skipping here and there, and i have the same odd feeling like what people in avirtualvoyage comment, the fact that the demon son is safely locked in the cave, then why that "good sect" person messed up with him, and end up releasing him. :sweatingbullets:

Initially when I’m only 2 eps in, I have the exact same feel as the commentator, however as I watched on, it makes total sense. The golden fairy is a fake, he wants to kill MQ to gain more fame, prestige and getting fawn over by people because of how awesome he is to be able to kill the son of hades. Leaving the son of hades lock away is too easy, doesn’t help him gain more reputation. So he must go kill him (only a coward man would think killing a locked up person is good), his only fault is that he was too overconfident, too sure of himself.

his character also was demonstrated in his insistence in marrying the evil lady >_> when he clearly likes ZY a lot more. However, he told her straight at the beginning they won’t work because he knew she came from an evil sect that is guarding an evil mountain! Being with her will destroy his reputation and standing in the good sects, everything he’s been working so hard for.

5 hours ago, rainnie98 said:

Actually, it's more due to the fact that ZY went all the way to make sure that Zhi Yan is able to teleport before going. If I remember the previous eps correctly, her condition to Zhi Yan is; "only if you are able to master this will I bring you there" kinda thing. I think from the beginning they didnt go with the mindset to fight or anything, but for Zhi Yan's to "let everyone know how evil Liu Su Ruo really is and that her dad was really killed by them". ZY understands the danger and warns Zhi Yan, but i think her strategy is more or less simply to let Zhi Yan said her piece and then get the hell out of there. In fact, if Zhi Yan can teleport properly, there isn't really much danger that they would need Li Chen Lan to be there.

Also during the dialogue at the Phoenix mountain, one of the argument for Zhi Yan is that she came by herself. If she has brought the whole army or even just MQ (who is an army himself), then her words can’t be trusted. So risking herself by being there alone shows she is more sincere. And ZY possibly thought of this, added to the fact that she doesn’t want MQ to fight and rest more, and that’s why she didn’t say anything or ask MQ for help, while forcing Zhi Yan to learn the teleportation spell, which is their safe passage to and from the Phoenix mountain. As proven in earlier episodes, she knows when to ask for help, as stubborn as she could be, she is willing to forgo her pride if it means to live to fight for another day. Our heroine isn’t dumb xD

ep 29. ZY till hasn't revive. :expressionless: Just LMX sleeping in the coffin took up half the ep. Looks like they are going to collect he all fight scenes and release it in the next ep. Dear ep 30 please dont drag the plot anymore.

my recap of today's 29 ep.

Spoiler

1. ZYao tells ZYan that Luo ming xuan killed her grandpa. I will not let him revive x10000
  2. 5mins of ZY x MQ 
  3. ZYan "I am going to teleport in then out to save Liu cang ling"
  4. Zyan VOLUNTARILY offers blood  (& what happen to the  "I can teleport my way out"? ) :expressionless:
  5. ZYan + Liu cang lin imprisoned, sees liu wei and remembers her revenge (but doesnt even think about revenge of ZY x LMQ:expressionless:)
  6. LMQ
  7. LMQ + golden aura
  8. LMQ AND STILL HASNT REVIVED!
  9. LMQ 
  10. LMQ 
  11. MQ 5mins 
  12. LMQ
  13. LMQ 
  14. MQ x ZY 5 mins 
  15. LMQ 
  16. LMQ
  17. MQ x lin zhi yu 5mins
  18. LMQ
  19. ZY 5mins AND STILL HASNT GOTTEN HER REAL BODY 
  20. QQX

-ep 29 ends- :expressionless:

ep 30.

Spoiler

11:30pm Beijing time with about 10mins left of the ep. 

THIS SCENE JUST APPEARS!!!!!  JUST!! 

tumblr_pnuth3iRGP1u1iqoao3_r1_540.gif

11:40pm. A full set of Lin zhi yu x MQ flashbacks .:expressionless:

So we are saving the rest of the fight scene for TOMORROW :triumph:

11:41 back to the battle field, fight continues

11:43 ep 30 ends 

AND GUESS WHAT? Half of the tv preview was composed of flashbacks :rage:

Web preview 1 

Spoiler

"MQ, there are many things in this world that I dont hold dear/keep in the heart. except for you" 

"whats wrong"

"my time is up, promise me you wont care" 

-puff- 

firework explosion :joy:

round of applause to the actor(ress). Acting so on point. 

9bf2cd1ely1g0sce0td5pj216k0uvk4h.jpg

Bai lu's WEIBO POST :joy:

caption: ZHAO YAO HERSELF

6833f566gy1g0sd1gkykrj21sy0u0wjq.jpgeh? My wife exploded?

WEB PREVIEW 2 LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ! :blush:

Spoiler

"I came looking for you"

"clan leader you are drunk " x2 

tumblr_pn6vi4ER1z1v20o9qo1_500.gif

TV PREVIEW 1

TV preview2 

Just finish ep 29, I know LMX has to wake up since it's part of the plot, but seeing it still makes me :rage: I tend to look on the bright side, so i will say the entertaining part of this ep is definitely the scenes between MQ and Gu Han Guang: 

Spoiler

Gu Han Guang basically use MQ as the test subject for his new meds.

MQ was like "New meds? Don't you need to test it first?"

GHG "There is a perfect test subject right here" (referring to MQ)

MQ "You are using me to test the meds?"

GHG "Don't you feel honoured?"

And later, GHG was kinda amazed that it works right and he mixed the herbs well. And he told MQ how he wansn't sure there won't be adverse effects on him and how he wonders which combination of herbs are the best. Basically, he wasn't sure and was purely experimenting

MQ literally went: "I ask myself many times whether I should kill you or not"

My thought on 29 & 30:

Spoiler

while it’s short, I love how badass ZY is, “my beef with LMQ is my own problem!”. And sure, the moments between our leads are short, but it’s full of tender moments. It also shows how she has changed, and basically realise how much he loves her, and accepting it whole heartedly.

knowing how happy he is at seeing her somewhat makes her really calm and serene, and I love how together they are at pursuing LMQ and the gang! Both shows such determination in their face!

i couldn’t really complain about these two 2 eps apart from 30 seems a bit short! 39mins only >_<

1 hour ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Hide contents

WEB PREVIEW 2 LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ! :blush:

Hide contents

And they better don't stop with a kiss. I don't need a bed scene but I want to know that they did it. :naughty:

2 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

And they better don't stop with a kiss. I don't need a bed scene but I want to know that they did it. :naughty:

My thoughts exactly!! There was this blurred image in the ending and MV which look like a bed scene but who knows. But I’m kind of embracing myself for disappointment...

23 hours ago, xienrue said:

@frostflower14 Ummm, would you please translate the character profile?? I cannot read the words .....:tears:

Here’s the character profile for Li Chen Lan, I’ll do Zhao Yao’s later 

74-ACBFC0-3-F0-E-4-A19-ABE3-408-B67-A8-E

Blood Type: A

Star Sign: Libra

Surprise Package Value (cold outside, but warm on the inside): 4 star

(not sure about this one) Male Friends level: 5 star

Face(Beauty?) Value: 4 star

In brackets: note Little Ugly Weirdo in time of being Zero (found what the last word means)

Loves: Lu Zhao Yao

Influence in Jiang Hu: 90%

Weapon in Possession of: Wan Jun Sword

1 hour ago, Vang Xiong said:

My thoughts exactly!! There was this blurred image in the ending and MV which look like a bed scene but who knows. But I’m kind of embracing myself for disappointment...

Haha, same thought :grimace:

39 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Here’s the character profile for Li Chen Lan, I’ll do Zhao Yao’s later 

74-ACBFC0-3-F0-E-4-A19-ABE3-408-B67-A8-E

Blood Type: A

Star Sign: Libra

Surprise Package Value (cold outside, but warm on the inside): 4 star

(not sure about this one) Male Friends level: 5 star

Face(Beauty?) Value: 4 star

in brackets: note Little Ugly Weirdo in time of (? I couldn’t figure out what the last word was,too stylized for my dictionary)

Loves: Lu Zhao Yao

Influence in Jiang Hu: 90%

Weapon in Possession of: Wan Jun Sword

Male friend level: 5 stars :lol:

i remember when SMR and MQ were talking about the rumour that ZY and QQX has a thing going on (because she kidnapped him for 2 days), and MQ was jealous so he likes “cant trust Jianghu’s gossips!” And SMR is like “guess so, after all there is rumours of me and you, of you and Southern leader (the medicine guy), ...”

i think there is one more, but they are all male and male, suggestive of BL for the fanfic :lol:

Archived