[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

22 minutes ago, angelangie said:

is there 2 diff girls in his life? or there is only 1?

im seeing a girl in white?

Only one.  Zhao Yao is the FL.  After she dies her soul is into another girl Zhi Yan, who is in white. R u not watching this?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Only one.  Zhao Yao is the FL.  After she dies her soul is into another girl Zhi Yan, who is in white. R u not watching this?

How can she NOT watch it :scream:? That must change!

Keeping up with all 3 editing formats of Zhao Yao is extremely stressful. I highly recommend you to live stream the tv broadcast if you want episodes with the FULL content. The TV episodes have a couple minutes more than the DVD or WEB. Usually these ending scenes will be pick up at the beginning in the next episode of WEB format. DVD has its own pace, so it might not necessarily be at the start of the episode. Last week, the cut out part in ep 18/19 of WEB format can be found in the DVD ver (8:30~15:00). 

This time, the scene with Mo Qing stepping on 冰葫芦 bing hu lu in episode 20/21, unless I am terribly mistaken, was completely edited out in YOUTUBE VER of ep 20. In 21, if you subtract the scene with QQX, the episode started with ZY + ZY returning to their bedroom. 

The IQIYI Ver of ep 20 Web and ep 21 DVD  included this scene.

tumblr_inline_pnhu8cLk1j1t3sjn4_540.png 

The full video is on TV channel's official Weibo

tumblr_inline_pnhwmjytnH1t3sjn4_540.png

Friendly reminder,  there are total of 4 different previews for tmr ep. 

#1 TV & #2 Iqiyi ep 23: battling the anti-demonic-energy/golden sword relic

#3 iqiyi ep 24:  Doc South treating MQ's wounds 

#4 TV(?): Zhi Yan finds Liu Cang Ling and ends up getting strangled. 

@BikiLee 

If Viki has it, they usually will subbed DVD version.

Example : Ashes of Love and Fighter of Destiny.

Currently, the subber can only sub on YT 

@DontEatMyKimchi Thankss :D... 

But sigh..these different version cut is making me annoyed... lols...

@angelangie :D awwwwww do I need to "prick" your interest again??? 

:wub:

giphy.gif

And look at his little smile in the end :D

Sneaky Mo Qing... lols... he

giphy.gif

Zhiyan definitely feels like a lightbulb :joy: 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

This time, the scene with Mo Qing stepping on 冰葫芦 bing hu lu in episode 20/21, unless I am terribly mistaken, was completely edited out in YOUTUBE VER of ep 20. In 21, if you subtract the scene with QQX, the episode started with ZY + ZY returning to their bedroom. 

The IQIYI Ver of ep 20 Web and ep 21 DVD  included this scene.

tumblr_inline_pnhu8cLk1j1t3sjn4_540.png

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

He is so jealous... lols... 

@DontEatMyKimchi Thank you very much for the information! That scene of Li Chen Lan step on teng hu lu is very funny, I am frustrated that they cut it. Now, I really want to see a jealous Zhao Yao. Since the drama give us female Lin Zhi Yu, I hope we can have jealous Zhao Yao a bit ;)

@usagi1997 I believe Zhao Yao is not classified as cheesy romance yet, but just has the right level of cheesiness (for me at least :D). It is sweet, making you feel fluffy inside instead of cringing. What I will call cheesy romance drama would be Eternal Love (the 2nd series is even more cheesier in my opinion). But, I agree with you that it has both good romance and fantasy.

@AppleBanana Yes, I agree. The struggle of waiting for new episodes is painful. Even more so when I need to wait over the weekend .....

I am very exited for tonight episodes. Finally the fighting scene that I want to see!

Just finished 21 & 22. Cannot believe this girl! :joy:

Spoiler

lolzhaoyao.png

She really just up and grabs herself a beautiful man to look at all night. LMFAO.:lol::lol::lol:

I'm really annoyed at the different versions too. As long as they don't cut crucial parts, I'm ok. But sometimes it looks like they do!

13 minutes ago, therewillbeddl said:

Ok today’s two episodes were my favorite so far. 

Hide contents

Zhao Yao was such a badass when she crashed their wedding and I can’t wait for tomorrow as it’s going to be epic judging from the previews!

I wished they had shown the wedding scene as one full memory instead of chopped up bits and pieces for flashback inserts here and there. 

PLEASE WEIBO! PLEASE DO RELEASE HD WALLPAPERS FOR THESE EPIC BATTLE SCENES!!!! You can't let that CGs go to a waste! 

tumblr_pngxwvED4z1u1iqoao7_r3_540.gif

I was already very disappointed that they did not provide any HD wallpaper for the star glazing scene.:triumph:

tumblr_pn3emafeml1v20o9qo5_540.gif

6 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

I wished they had shown the wedding scene as one full memory instead of chopped up bits and pieces for flashback inserts here and there. 

Agreed, my main complaint about this drama is the editing. Flashback scenes are presented poorly. 

The girl who plays Zhi Yan does a nice job in playing both the character itself and Zhao Yao, but that scene when she found out why her dad was murdered and lashed out in tears was seriously great! 

4 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

I wish I hadn't started this drama until it's all out. The struggle is real!

Thats why i am waiting for the subs and the whole drama to finish off.  Thanks to the soompiers @xienrue, @frostflower14, @DontEatMyKimchi and @lynne22  doing a wonderful job in recapping and giffing the important parts of the episodes.  :kiss_wink:

In ep 21 we finally find out what Zhao Yao did to Qin Qianxian!

Spoiler

On her way back from crashing  Luo Mingxuan’s wedding and killing/ sealing him, Zhao Yao sees Qin Qianxian who has come to aid the “good” sects. She decides to take him home  to “see” just how beautiful the most handsome man in the world is. At the beginning of ep 21, we see Zhao Yao carry Qin Qianxian home unconscious over her shoulder, she spots Mo Qing/ Li Chen Lan and orders him to help her carry Qin Qianxian (aww poor Mo Qing). 

In a flashback, it’s shown that after capturing Qin Qianxian Zhao Yao puts him in a jail cell and sits staring at him while eating her favourite green apple.She pokes him in the face to make him look at her and he sees her staring at him up close. She didn’t go full on touchy-feely with Qin Qianxian like she did with Li Chen Lan....

F63-FB870-F3-DD-472-E-8-F7-F-56-BE2-E1-A

@lynne22 thanks for the video link.  ZY is now visible to everybody now?  From which episode?

Bai lu is super good.   Wow!!!! I am so impressed with her, just wanna see her more on my screen.  :kiss_wink:. She is the only one I loved in Untouchable Lovers.

Here's another BTS.  This is super cute. :joy::kiss_wink:

Who is the other guy bai lu push towards xu kai to kiss??

Cr: uploader

Finally found the scene where Li Chen Lan stepped on the 葫芦 bing hu lu, it’s in an uncut version of ep 21.

Spoiler

Li Chen Lan got really angry when Jiang Wu told him “Little pervert are you angry now? You can’t kill me and everything you own will soon belong to me!” He is so possessive.....:joy:

After seeing him step on the 葫芦 bing hu lu that Jiang Wu was teasing Zhi Yan with Zhao Yao told Zhi Yan  that” Little Ugly boy is really angry this time, whatever happens don’t respond”. Li Chen Lan glanced in Zhao Yao’s direction and Zhao Yao says “Surely he can’t see me”,(it’s later revealed,he totally can) but he just orders Zhi Yan to go back to her room at Wan Lu Men.

13 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Finally found the scene where Li Chen Lan stepped on the 葫芦 bing hu lu, it’s in an uncut version of ep 21. Li Chen Lan got really angry when Jiang Wu told him “Little pervert are you angry now? You can’t kill me and everything you own will soon belong to me!” He is so possessive.....:joy:

After seeing him step on the 葫芦 bing hu lu that Jiang Wu was teasing Zhi Yan with Zhao Yao told Zhi Yan  that” Little Ugly boy is really angry this time, whatever happens don’t respond”. Li Chen Lan glanced in Zhao Yao’s direction and Zhao Yao says “Surely he can’t see me”,(it’s later revealed,he totally can) but he just orders Zhi Yan to go back to her room at Wan Lu Men.

I laugh when I see how jealous Li Chen Lan is in that scene. And the expression he wears when he glances in Zhao Yao direction. Even Zhao Yao feels nervous and needs to ensure herself that he cannot see her :D

@pad-hari  That scene with Qin qianxian is in the past. Currently the ones that can see Zhao Yao is Zhiyan and as of ep 21, Li chen lan :D

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Who is the other guy bai lu push towards xu kai to kiss?

The monkey guy is Jiang wu. 

Spoiler

He’s supposed to be the last enemy but from the newest MV, I’m not sure anymore lols...

Archived