[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2019 at 3:24 AM, epinklyn said:

Okay i managed watch 2 eps, cant fully understand since no eng sub, but the male lead was son of hades, he was originally being locked in a cave, but eventually being released by someone that supposed to kill him. And the female lead was the student of the Cave Keeper or something, same cave where the son onf hades being locked. But she never met the son of hades. She finally meet the son of hades and rescue him from sects that want to kill him. So it quite resembles with story in upcoming drama Ever Night chapter 2, but the son of hades is actually daughter (female lead) and the saviour is the male lead. 

Dont really like the hairstyles of supporting casts, especially the female priest, the male and female lead are okay, should watch another eps for knowing about their chemistry.

The female lead is actually the Demon Kings Son’s Guardian’s granddaughter. Their tribe was tasked with guarding the Demon King Son for generations until most of them tried to escape and never returned.

Spoiler

At the beginning of the novel Zhao Yao thinks she’s a ghost, but she didn’t actually die. Her body was kept/hidden by a sort of male admirer Qin Qian Xian. During the height of her power Zhao Yao kidnapped him just so she could admire his beauty, but this event caused him to stray from his cultivation path and he sort of grew obsessed with her

ahh, after watching episode 4, I don't think the drama will follow the novel and, making Zhao Yao died and become a ghost (Noooo, it's the funny and interesting part)  :bawling:  instead they make Zhao Yao become frozen and melted by a little bit splash of Zhi Yan's blood.

Does the drama will ever explain why Zhao Yao who was falling to the very deep pit inside a demon cave....and suddenly she was transported and frozen in frozen forest? and why ZhiYan blood was able to melt the frozen ice? at least I hope they'll give us some good explanation and not just scrambling whatever to change the story line to fit the censorship standard.  

6 hours ago, fancia said:

ahh, after watching episode 4, I don't think the drama will follow the novel and, making Zhao Yao died and become a ghost (Noooo, it's the funny and interesting part)  :bawling:  instead they make Zhao Yao become frozen and melted by a little bit splash of Zhi Yan's blood.

Does the drama will ever explain why Zhao Yao who was falling to the very deep pit inside a demon cave....and suddenly she was transported and frozen in frozen forest? and why ZhiYan blood was able to melt the frozen ice? at least I hope they'll give us some good explanation and not just scrambling whatever to change the story line to fit the censorship standard.  

Spoiler

In the novel, it’s explained that Zhi Yans’s family are special because some of their ancestors actually became immortals.This gave their bloodline magical properties which led to Luo Ming Xuan’s fiancé try to use their blood (murder them) to revive him.

Also found The Legends OST 

Sounds interesting and I like the fact it's comical too and enjoys comedy in realistic form like Ever Night not over the top type.  Hope this show get to be subbed.  Quite a number of good dramas were not subbed like Behind the Scenes and especially Mystery of Antiques that have Japanese dialogues.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:22 AM, hathanhthanh09 said:

Hide contents

In the novel, it’s explained that Zhi Yans’s family are special because some of their ancestors actually became immortals.This gave their bloodline magical properties which led to Luo Ming Xuan’s fiancé try to use their blood (murder them) to revive him.

Also found The Legends OST 

Ahaha, Yes, it makes sense in the novel, but in the drama, her blood was used to melt the ice. I haven't yet finished reading the novel, just half way but

even they want to use a lot of blood, her father, hers and even the immortal one to revive one person, while Zhao Yao was only being splashed by a little bit of ZhiYan's blood and that's not even to her body, only to the ice.

I don't mind they change the story, just make some good and making sense explanation to justify it and could flow nicely with the story. But I still in hopeful state that Zhao Yao to be ghost :smiley: and not become what I feared. 

According to this drama’s Baidu page,there are quite a few songs in its OST. I found some of them but no official MV’s

Main theme 招摇 Zhao Yao

Sub theme 路之遥 The Long Road

Mo Ching/ Li Chen Lan’s Theme 未央夜 Night is Not Yet Over

Insert song 宿命 Fate

Insert song 一起 A Beginning (have not found this song yet,will edit when I do)

On 1/30/2019 at 6:30 PM, lynne22 said:

@miyaism Hellloooo :wub: 

I've read this author's short stories before, but I have yet to read her other work like Sansheng or zhao yao... lol..

And yes.. I agree from the picture stills the colors are popping... Seriously, so beautiful...

I think I will try this drama once there's an english sub. :wub:

There's a part that I saw on Instagram that makes me feel sad...when 

Hide contents

The ML are stranded on the street and he got beaten up just because he wants to eat a mantou... :tears: and then he shared it with the dog and wounded beggar there :bawling:

I’ve read shansheng and seven unfortunate life times, love them alot. Too bad i cannot read Zhao Yao, the english translation only up to 10 chapters. :tears:

Spoiler

Anyway i’ve read some spoilers that ZY was accused to rape MQ when she was drunk and when she watched the scene as a ghost she complained how in the world she can be called as rapist lol, anyone who read the novel can tell what happened in that scene?

19 hours ago, RPM said:

Any subbing news......?

I'm curious to know about him.

With new teaser I think he's also linked to dark side.

Spoiler

The guy in red is Jiang Wu, who was born from Qin Qian Xian’s (the guy in white) dark side/ obsession with Zhao Yao.

Qin Qian Xian is Zhao Yao’s friend Zhi Yan’s uncle and is on his way to becoming a true immortal.

According to Baidu about Jiang Wu: The dark sides new rising star, his demeanour is overly fawning,his actions are cruel. He helps Luo Zhao Yao in her scheme to take back Wan Lu Men and kill Li Chen Lan.

At the border between the immortal sects and the dark sects he meets Luo Zhao Yao who has possessed Qin Zhi Yan’s body,becomes attracted to her demeanour and forms an alliance with her to kill Li Chen Lan.

From this teaser  it looks like they will go the Zhao Yao Thinks she is a ghost route. Looks like the Ghost Market where she meets the mother trying to marry off her son, and Zhao Yao being told she only gets 1/10 of whatever she gets burned in paper money.

@12blblabout the scene you wanted to know more of

Spoiler

Zhao Yao was drunk and forced herself onto Mo Qing. The poor boy tried so hard to resist her, but she was overpowering him. It also didn’t help that he couldn’t hold back his feelings for her too. When Zhao Yao finally got the chance to look into her memories clearly, she saw that Mo Qing was willing and actually questioned who took advantage of whom, since she was the one that couldn’t recall the amorous encounter lol

11 hours ago, hathanhthanh09 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The guy in red is Jiang Wu, who was born from Qin Qian Xian’s (the guy in white) dark side/ obsession with Zhao Yao.

Qin Qian Xian is Zhao Yao’s friend Zhi Yan’s uncle and is on his way to becoming a true immortal.

According to Baidu about Jiang Wu: The dark sides new rising star, his demeanour is overly fawning,his actions are cruel. He helps Luo Zhao Yao in her scheme to take back Wan Lu Men and kill Li Chen Lan.

At the border between the immortal sects and the dark sects he meets Luo Zhao Yao who has possessed Qin Zhi Yan’s body,becomes attracted to her demeanour and forms an alliance with her to kill Li Chen Lan.

From this teaser  it looks like they will go the Zhao Yao Thinks she is a ghost route. Looks like the Ghost Market where she meets the mother trying to marry off her son, and Zhao Yao being told she only gets 1/10 of whatever she gets burned in paper money.

Yes, thank god they keep the ghost route. Though I don't know why the director must change the scene when ZhiYan meet ZhaoYao for the first time; They're suppose to meet in ZhaoYao's tomb made by MoQing.... 

why must they change it to the place where ZhaoYao real body is frozen, that's kind of take away some mystery and surprise

This is my attempt at translating the lyrics of main theme song. Please correct if i’m wrong, because there were some phrases I didn’t really understand (the Chinese -English dictionary wasn’t very helpful)

Most of this song is repetitive except for the last verse

女:

一夜如梦 心中住魔咒

One night like a dream, my heart is spellbound 

一言飞流 恍然忘前愁

One spoken word, awakening and forgetting the sorrows of the past

一念之隔 浸一壶浊酒

Separated by one thought, soaking a bottle of cloudy wine

一眼 一生 无求

One glance, a lifetime without desire

男:

一颦如魔 不惜自入瓮 

One frown like a demon, not hesitating to enter into the fray

一叶知秋 爱恨莫须有

One leaf heralds autumn, perhaps there is love and hate 

一字白首 浅情挥不休

One promise of growing old,this shallow love will not disappear

一唤 一生 风流

One call, a lifetime of being free spirited

男(女):

一句此生不换 (此生不换)

One word, this lifetime I will not change (This lifetime I will not change)

招摇我百转千凡 (招摇这百转千凡)

I Zhao Yao, take hundreds and thousands of turns in the mortal realm

留一身孤注 悲欢

Leaving one lonely person,recording sorrow and joy

合:

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

陪你一世也 无关

This lifetime I have no association with you 

女:

一夜如梦 心中住魔咒

One night like a dream, my heart is spellbound 

一言飞流 恍然忘前愁

One spoken word, awakening and forgetting the sorrows of the past

一念之隔 浸一壶浊酒

Separated by one thought, soaking a bottle of cloudy wine

一眼 一生 无求

One glance, a lifetime without desire

男:

一颦如魔 不惜自入瓮 

One frown like a demon, not hesitating to enter into the fray

一叶知秋 爱恨莫须有

One leaf heralds autumn, perhaps there is love and hate

一字白首 浅情挥不休

One promise of growing old,this shallow love will not disappear

一唤 一生 风流

One call, a lifetime of being free spirited

女(男):

一句此生不换 (此生不换)

One word, this lifetime I will not change (This lifetime I will not change)

招摇我百转千凡(招摇这百转千凡)

留一身孤注 悲欢

合:

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

陪你一世也 无关

This lifetime I have no association with you

谁说此生不换 

Who said this lifetime will not change?

招摇我百转千凡

留一身孤注 悲欢

若是岁月太短 

If the years are too short

招摇我千凡百转

浪费一世也 无关

Wasting a lifetime of having no association 

女:

不必两为难

There is no need to put each other in difficult situations 

男:

璀璨时暗淡

Brilliance fades into dimness

女:

生时情四海

In life, love is in the four seas (wide world)

男:

灭时更奕欢

Fading away (dying) is also happiness 

21 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Another review :)

https://cnewsdevotee.wordpress.com/2019/02/03/first-impression-the-legends-招摇/

I’m looking forward to wach this with subs, especially with the promise of a devoted male lead in the story. 

Thx @lynne22 for the review, now i get it after watched some trailers n clips in here and read the review, i am also looking forward for the male lead growing character from a young timid become a mature and powerful sect leader. And now i just realized that Bai Lu was in Untouchable Lovers (but i drop it after watched few eps randomly, too slow and has the same setting all the time). I quite have faith in this series, just give me the eng sub please LOL

Archived