许凯 XuKai as 厉尘澜 Li ChenLan/ 墨青 MoQing

xcrM0pFl9sjqxY0aC6zqDidzjUKSXNEvdylkQ5xm

肖燕 XiaoYan as 琴芷嫣 Qin ZhiYan

ZeARpds4HQxfnwtIV8Mb05vPV-EjGmE_kG-mypSS

代旭DaiXu as 姜武JiangWu

TiHulaqUnjCHaGpsXxpbCwu3bbrpK9_qzqQbsM3K

刘冠翔Liu GuanXiang as 洛明轩 Luo MingXuan

Synopsis:

The Legends 招摇 is a lighthearted fantasy romance drama that stars Bai Lu as the leader of the demonic Wanlu Cult (lit. ‘ten thousand killings’) and Xu Kai as Mo Qing / Li Chenlan, a disfigured guard who carefully hides his love for the heroine behind a cold exterior.

While attempting to take her predecessor’s Wanjun Sword, Lu Zhaoyao (Bai Lu) is ambushed by the ten immortal sects and mistakenly believes LiChenlan is related to the incident after he is revealed to be the previous cult leader’s son.

Five years later, Li Chenlan has taken over the position of cult leader, and Zhaoyao decides to exact revenge with the help of cultivator Qin Zhiyan (Xiao Yan), though slowly falls in love with him instead.

Cr mydramalist

Click here to request a Viki License

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Legends 招摇 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay i managed watch 2 eps, cant fully understand since no eng sub, but the male lead was son of hades, he was originally being locked in a cave, but eventually being released by someone that supposed to kill him. And the female lead was the student of the Cave Keeper or something, same cave where the son onf hades being locked. But she never met the son of hades. She finally meet the son of hades and rescue him from sects that want to kill him. So it quite resembles with story in upcoming drama Ever Night chapter 2, but the son of hades is actually daughter (female lead) and the saviour is the male lead. 

Dont really like the hairstyles of supporting casts, especially the female priest, the male and female lead are okay, should watch another eps for knowing about their chemistry.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Thanks @epinklyn. I havent watched it, just going to read the reviews first. Drama stories seem similar nowadays

Hahhaa welcome @rhaps, yeah in general most stories are similar, that is why we should see the detail, is it good or not, still dont know whether i will continue this or not, since both main lead i found quite familiar in face but dont know about their past project. First impression is 7/10.

3 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ah yeah his visual is good, but in the first 2 eps, he doesnt much talking, and still has minor scenes, so i dont know.

He is just the most gorgeous Chinese actor ive seen ;p look at his beauty, i hope this get's subbed and its decent though i do like these type's of drama's.

Image result for Xu Kai

From the comments in Instagram, I found that this drama is an adaptation of a novel named Ostentatious Zhao Yao - 招摇 from Jiu Lu Fei Xiang.

Spoiler

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ostentatious-zhao-yao/

Again from the comments, it seems like the author wrote this book as a light hearted and cute novel. The male lead is very doting towards the female lead. 

More comments and stills can be found on this site. Beware of spoilers tho. 

This is my favorite still. I saw this last week in Instagram, and it just makes me feel stuff you know.. lol.. :wub:

There's just something about this scene that makes me smile.. :wub:

FBi0pmB.jpg

@RPM 

Its OK, You can still watch it. 

All you need to do is add a vpn adjuster in your browser. I use browsesc add-on and it is available for firefox and chrome. Just google it, this is part of approved browser tool so its safe to use. :D

Whenever you want to activate this add on just set it in US because most of the shows I know are not blocked in US :P

Hope this helps.

I made an account ages ago, but never really used it. I'm happy to make this my first post! Hope you all will welcome me. :)

This drama is giving me so much feels. One of the main reasons is because Jiu Lu Fei Xiang is my favorite Chinese author, and this is her first novel to be adapted. She is also one of the screenwriters too! Secondly, I have a girl crush on Bai Lu so I was happy she was cast as Zhao Yao. Xu Kai left a pretty good impression on me after Story of Yanxi Palace and that hyped up my anticipation a little more. I enjoyed the first two episodes and love the little interactions between Mo Qing and Zhao Yao. The scenery in some of the takes are so breathtaking. The red and blue is vibrant, but easy on the eyes. If they keep it close to the novel, then there will be some angst, but mostly lightheartedness.

I see some familiar faces here hello @epinklyn, hello  @lynne22 thanks for the heads-up on the drama.  The OTP seem to be cute.  But here's more feedback from the comments on avirturalvoyage blog

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2019/01/first-impression-what-do-you-think-of-the-legends-with-bai-lu-and-xu-kai.html#more-24892.

I will wait for more episodes and feedback and give a try.  I can wait since i am into so many dramas now.

Hi @pad-hari :wub:,

I have only watched 2 eps, missed the 3rd and 4th, and there is no eng sub, so i just watching the beautiful scenery, and the people LOL, skipping here and there, and i have the same odd feeling like what people in avirtualvoyage comment, the fact that the demon son is safely locked in the cave, then why that "good sect" person messed up with him, and end up releasing him. :sweatingbullets:

@miyaism Hellloooo :wub: 

I've read this author's short stories before, but I have yet to read her other work like Sansheng or zhao yao... lol..

And yes.. I agree from the picture stills the colors are popping... Seriously, so beautiful...

I think I will try this drama once there's an english sub. :wub:

There's a part that I saw on Instagram that makes me feel sad...when 

Spoiler

The ML are stranded on the street and he got beaten up just because he wants to eat a mantou... :tears: and then he shared it with the dog and wounded beggar there :bawling:

Hi :heart:  Good to see some of you here. :D

I hope this show is good enough to watch.  I usually don't like to skip any episodes.  If I do skip means that the series isn't worthy to watch.  Hope I receive more comments from all of you who are watching. :smiley:

It's been sometime I can watch a period show that has good ending.  So I wish this show has good ending as well.  It's depressing to watch bad ending especially since the world we live in is stressful enough.

@lynne22 Hello as well :blush:

If you have time you should read both. I highly recommend Sansheng! It's fully translated, and a fun and short read.

Hopefully this will be subbed soon too. I'm watching it raw and was able to pick up on bits and pieces.

Next week will be where the novel actually starts off. Due to censorship, the drama probably won't be as funny as the novel, but here's to hoping it can still be entertaining.

Spoiler

In the novel, Zhao Yao is a funny ghost. She watches over her own grave, and Mo Qing is the only soul that visits her and it makes her blood boil. She learns that she could buy upgrades for her speed of floating/drifting from the Ghost Market, but because of her evil deeds, she only gets 1/10 of what anyone burns for her. There's also a limit to how much a person can burn per day too. So she has Qin Zhi Yan and tries to find others to help burn paper money for her :joy:

Archived