[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019-20] Sword Dynasty 剑王朝

sugarplum892

Ye Zhen (ep1) = huangho (the empress) , right?

why her child with the heng emperor is already adult? the incident only happen 10 years ago right? the kid should be under 10 years, not adult or teenager .

23 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Saw the first couple of episodes of this drama and it looks interesting. Can anyone explain how Ding Ning and Zhangsun Qianxue are aunt and nephew (kind of reminds me of Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen? I’m a little confused over this detail.

So far, it’s a revenge tale.Ding Ning is on a quest to kill the people involved in his Masters death, including the Emperor and the Empress (his Master’s ex wife).

they are like Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu , they are not really real aunt and nephew. they first met when Ding Ning was still a kid , Ding Ning called her aunt because Zhang Sun Qianxue is older.  Ding Ning is the disciple of swordmaster JingMeng , while Zhangsun Qianxue had a love and hatred relationship with Jing Meng, both coorporate trying to kill the emperor

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Don Yu said:

Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu seems to be right, LOL

The old master with white beard is very powerful, damn!

it's weird , isnt it? that old master somehow only lv7 , same level as many other fighters (Ye Ce Ling, Empress Ye, Liang Lian, master Zhao Si, etc)

Ding Ning and Zhangsun Qianxue r practically family, they grew up together for nearly 10 yrs, his calling her 'aunt' while she treats him like a little brother, heck, they even shared the same room..I sure hope there won't be a love development between these 2 other than 'a family love or concern' type of relationship.

Other than that, i love the fight scenes, the graphics r so cool in these scenes even the ladies r killing it..i really don't mind just watching fight scenes throughout the entire drama.

I just started watching this (waiting for subs). Wasn't sure what to expect but the first episode was so well choreographed in the fight scenes, specifically speaking of the ladies' scenes. I am unfamiliar with the cultivation world that the novel seems to take place, so it's a little harder to understand the levels ppl throw around. 

@crackaddict Here is a partially translated version of the levels, but this is from the novel's baike, and I haven't watched the show yet, so I don't know how much changes they've made. But hopefully this gives you somewhat of an idea. 

There are 9 levels in total, and with every level, it's separated into upper, middle, and lower. 

The first is tong xuan (通玄), which basically is the first step that opens up your body and that you can sense the energy.

The second is lian qi (炼气), which is when you can sense the inside of your body, and your body can create energy and you can let the energy run through your entire body. In this level, one can use the energy to fight.

The third is zhen yuan (真元), which is when you can take the energy from the earth and make it into your own energy; this energy is called zhen yuan. 

The forth is rong yuan (融元), which is when you can use your body as a storage for the zhen yuan generated.

The fifth is shen nian (神念), which is when the zhen yuan and the earth's energy start changing the person's body, and they can use what is called nian li (念力), using their mind to control their zhen yuan, like that's how they get their swords to fly wherever without touching it.

The sixth is ben ming (本命), which is where the person can create their own ben ming wu (本命物), which is a weapon that is much more powerful because the person is linked to their ben ming wu. The more powerful one becomes, the more powerful their ben ming wu. However, if the ben ming wu is damaged or destroyed, it will also affect the person tremendously.

The seventh is ban shan (搬山), which is directly and immediately taking large amounts of energy from the earth and using it in battle. Normally, the energy from the earth needs to be turned into your own energy in order to be used, but this skips that step. 

The eighth is qi tian (启天), in order to reach this level, one needs to find closure to all their demons and obsessions etc, they need to truly let go of them.

The ninth is chang sheng (长生), which literally means everlasting life. In the novel, only Wang Jing Meng has been able to take a glimpse into this level.

Sorry, the translation is pretty rough. :sweatingbullets:

~

Also, iqiyi uploaded the first two episodes subbed on their youtube channel here.

@MidnightRain THANK YOU! 

That was super helpful and let me make connections to what the characters were saying.

I actually got kind of addicted to watching the action scenes and signed up for iQiyi's one month free VIP trial. meh it's 6.99 so cheaper than my Netflix lol. The choreography is just too good! 

Anyone can answer: What's supposed to be the age gap between Ding Ning and his 'lil auntie'? I feel like she and the other ladies are supposed to be mature and competent characters, so i'm imagining that most of the important characters (aside from DN) are at least in their early 30s (i mean, the ladies, the men seem older). The young'uns just seem to be all the youth studying at blue vein and white goat cave. 

My other show right now is Joy of Life. lol, which I'm enjoying for very different reasons. 

6 hours ago, crackaddict said:

@MidnightRain THANK YOU! 

That was super helpful and let me make connections to what the characters were saying.

I actually got kind of addicted to watching the action scenes and signed up for iQiyi's one month free VIP trial. meh it's 6.99 so cheaper than my Netflix lol. The choreography is just too good! 

Anyone can answer: What's supposed to be the age gap between Ding Ning and his 'lil auntie'? I feel like she and the other ladies are supposed to be mature and competent characters, so i'm imagining that most of the important characters (aside from DN) are at least in their early 30s (i mean, the ladies, the men seem older). The young'uns just seem to be all the youth studying at blue vein and white goat cave. 

My other show right now is Joy of Life. lol, which I'm enjoying for very different reasons. 

You're welcome. ^_^

Ding Ning is in his mid-teens while Qian Xue is in her mid-thirties. 

Edit: Now that I have watched a few episodes, I think Qian Xue is in her mid to late twenties while Ding Ning could be in his late teens or early twenties. Qian Xue was probably in her mid to late teens when Liang Jing Meng was killed, and she found Ding Ning during those ten years. However, he was already grown enough inside that huge, so the age gap is smaller in the drama than in the novel. 

I'm on episode 16 and am starting to have suspicions around DN's identity... actually I feel all viewers should as we saw him confused, like he was just birthed outta the giant cocoon.

Spoiler

Could he be the reincarnation of "that man"? Or is that guess totally off? Was this confirmed somewhere on this thread already and I just didn't practice good reading comprehension? haha 

12 hours ago, crackaddict said:

I'm on episode 16 and am starting to have suspicions around DN's identity... actually I feel all viewers should as we saw him confused, like he was just birthed outta the giant cocoon.

Reveal hidden contents

Could he be the reincarnation of "that man"? Or is that guess totally off? Was this confirmed somewhere on this thread already and I just didn't practice good reading comprehension? haha 

Spoiler

that would make the story weird, as there was a scene where Ding Ning take item (pill bottle) from JingNing's corpse

Archived