Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

On 4/29/2018 at 1:28 AM, silvermine said:

"I think PD Ahn is a Star Wars fan!!! Take a look at how he featured mum in ep 10."

@luvhollandlop

LOL :D 

:glasses::tounge_xd:

@jus-ash

I felt exactly the same way about JA 's crying scene - I kept waiting for it to end, but it went on and on!!  I too felt Appa was trying hard not to laugh which brought a smile to my face :wink: 

And I have not thought too much of the scenes done by the actress who plays KS so far.  Something about her irritates me - I thought it was just me :tongue:  But her crying scenes were ok!  I could relate

@silvermine

Yes something about KS irritates me too - maybe it's the voice, maybe it's just her being constantly too chirpy-hearty.

But I am not quite warming up to this actress/KS's character as JA's friend. Though I totally respect how KS put her life on hold,  to take on the responsibility of mothering and raising her brother and the sacrifices she made.

Yet ironically KS's 2 crying scenes in the last episode was way more relatable and convincing (you could totally SEE where she was coming from) compared to SYJ's crying one in front of Appa.

I was alternating between wanting to laugh (like I felt Appa was) and willing it to be over. It seemed so fake, and imo, went on for too long. If it was meant to be serious--convincing, it failed miserably for me, and was kinda hilarious instead!  :mellow::wacko::D I'd rather think she was being Drama-Mama about it, bec then that execution makes a lot more sense.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ayronics said:
  Hide contents

Someone said wedding??

Thanks for the pic!! Omo Omo!!! Hope there'll be their wedding of course!!! Hae In in tuxedo would be wonderful!!!:wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

Anyone who could translate text preview for ep 11? Thanks in advance!!:)

상처받을 진아(손예진)를 걱정한 준희(정해인)는 거짓말로 진아를 보내고 미연(길해연)과 마주한다. 미연은 진아와 헤어지라며 준희에게 모진 말을 쏟아 내는데… 정영인(서정연)이 수집한 증거들로 성희롱 피해의 중심에 진아가 있음이 명확해지고, 진아가 느끼는 증언의 압박은 커져만 간다. 한국에 온 아버지와의 약속으로 호텔에 간 경선(장소연), 같은 시간 다른 이유로 진아도 그 호텔로 향하는데…

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mandy77777 said:

Please spend a bit of time to fill in this 'Pretty Noona' dvd/blu-ray survey. You actually don't need to purchase it just show them the love lol.  

Survey form link 

http://naver.me/Flhv0VbL

Do you know if the DVD will be subbed?

Edited by triplem
Pls do not quote images( YT, IG , pic ). Remove bf posting .TQ
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, thi2018 said:

LoL @jesskitkat exactly what I thought when I saw her on the monitor screen.

@carolinedl our OTP needs blessings from both family though. I hope omma understands JH’s family situation. It’s not something that he created or chose to be part of it. Why does he have to be the one suffering? Omma is still secluded in traditional marriage culture where marriage is not just a matter of a bride and groom but the merging of two families. Most Asians would not agree that they, as individuals, should think of themselves as separate from their parents or families. To Koreans “a life in which egos are all autonomous,separate, discrete and self-sufficient is too cold, impersonal,lonely and inhuman." I think this drama not only touches on sexual assault at work place, but also discusses about Korean family cultures/values. I don’t know what would be a solution for our OTP since they are dealing with sensitive social/cultural issues. 

Well if Omma is still set in this traditional vision of marriage, then wouldn't this new vision actually bypass blessings from parents? My point was that one actually: we are presented with a love story in which they love each other for who they are and not their family. JA told KS that herself in episode 9: never did she think of stopping because JH was her little brother. She only saw JH the man. She kept repeating that to her JH is just the man she loves. Hence my point about forgetting about Omma's acceptance, everybody else has accepted it so isn't that enough?

@jus-ash yeah Korean parents can be scary..  I dated a Korean man and his parents were not crazy about me; it was awkward... I had positive things they could brag about (a PhD) but still, my family is uneducated and shopkeepers, I am foreign, etc. 

In any case, your use of the word "vicariously" made me think that perhaps Omma is worried that JA will make the same mistake that she did? Perhaps she herself married JA's father out of love and against her parents' wishes, knowing that he could make a name out of himself. We know he got promoted but resigned just after - it was too much for him. Out of pressure from his in-laws and his wife? Perhaps she gambled with Appa and felt like she lost; therefore, she wants JA to take the other option, the one she did not take and regrets? Hence all she sees is the credentials and the family, not the possibilities and the familiarity. Makes sense?

• Like 12

OMG!!! That's what I want: a wedding :wub:, a lot of kisses, children, grandchildren...and nothing more. Could it be possible :wink:?

I've got mixed feelings right now: I want to see the wedding (I hope there's not sad scenes at the end, this drama must have a happy ending) but I don't want it to end.

• Like 11

friends.. any idea what food they ate for its collagen? When JA was exercising before she n JH went with his friends?

On 23/04/2018 at 2:12 PM, corlissmaw said:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The BTS is just so sweettt. The way Jung Hae In looked at Son Ye Jin when they both had little conversation about Jung Hae In could not sleep. Sorry, I can not help this desire to spazz about them

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, lolly84 said:

Anyone who could translate text preview for ep 11? Thanks in advance!!:)

상처받을 진아(손예진)를 걱정한 준희(정해인)는 거짓말로 진아를 보내고 미연(길해연)과 마주한다. 미연은 진아와 헤어지라며 준희에게 모진 말을 쏟아 내는데… 정영인(서정연)이 수집한 증거들로 성희롱 피해의 중심에 진아가 있음이 명확해지고, 진아가 느끼는 증언의 압박은 커져만 간다. 한국에 온 아버지와의 약속으로 호텔에 간 경선(장소연), 같은 시간 다른 이유로 진아도 그 호텔로 향하는데…

Here you go!:D

Trans:

Jun hee who is worried because Jina got hurt, sends Jina off with a lie and faces Jina’s mom. Jina’s mom poured him with sharp words saying that he should breakup with Jina. Evidences gathered by Jung Young In that shows Jina at the center of sexual harassment become clear and the pressure of Jina’s testimony grows bigger. With the promise of her father who came to Korea, Kyungsun went to a hotel to meet her father and Jina came to the hotel at the same time with different purpose.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

16 minutes ago, sns25129 said:

Jun hee who is worried because Jina got hurt, sends Jina off with a lie and faces Jina’s mom

Why would she get hurt? Weren't they really happy when she entered Jun Hee's apartment on the last ep?:o can not wait

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Why would she get hurt? Weren't they really happy when she entered Jun Hee's apartment on the last ep?:o can not wait

Yeahh I don’t really know either._. Probably because her mom followed her around to junhee’s apartment and I think she might got hurt bcos of mom’s sharp words and mom’s beating:( that’s why in the preview junhee embraced her and protected her.. idk it’s just my opinion!:lol:

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Sends a Coffee Truck to Support Son Ye-jin!

The slogan on the coffee truck said, "I will get coffee for our pretty Ye-jin noona who buys me food." Son Ye-jin is brightly smiling in front of the truck, and the photos suggest the friendly relationship of the two emerged from MBC's drama 'Personal Taste' (2010).

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004740681

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5