[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sweetseptember said:

But seriously.. Omg.. ok if she broke up with him if JH was a criminal/loser/not having a stable job or whatever .. But he is none of that, and yet she breaks up with him.. shes an idiot right now..But i Hope she Will come to her senses

she has to right.. this drama (their confession) started in 2015.. and we are in 2018

I’ve been a lurking reader for a while but this drama makes me create an account to join this discussion.

I can totally understand your frustrations about these two eps but to be honest I can relate to everything happening. I’m Asian and my parents especially my mother was also strongly against my relationship with my boyfriend. He’s not from a wealthy family, just an absolutely normal guy with a stable job but he loves and cares a lot about me and to me that’s all I need.

However my mother didn’t look at  it the same way and her reactions were exactly the same as JA’s mom. She scolded at me when she knew we were together, she set me up with another guy who came from a good and rich family. And I did go see that guy because his father was my father’s manager, I had no other choice. My bf was super disappointed and even secretly followed me to the restaurant where I met the other guy... 

I didn’t want to fight with my mom, it was suffocating in the house whenever we started to talk about my relationship. My father didn’t want to intervene :( I was so stressed and tired to the point of thinking about break-up...  I know this could sound stupid or unbelievable to some of you but it really happens especially for those whose families are not wealth off and our parents have to work really hard their whole lives to support the children. We are taught to listen to our parents and that parents are always right since we are small kids...

As a consequence, I decided to go study abroad and we went through the so-called long distance relationship. My mom was all happy because she thought finally she could seperate us and I would look for some rich guys hahaaa... Sadly but that’s what she thought.

Enough with my story but I hope you can understand a bit why the story of this drama follows this track... I am upset as well but to some extent it’s like watching my own story from years ago.

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

she has to right.. this drama (their confession) started in 2015.. and we are in 2018

And that 3 yr time jump is totally fine, with me. I would buy it. 

It will give them a breather time apart ... rather than impulsive runs in the middle of the night into each other's arms. It also progresses beyond Lust and heady Love ... to the more realistic and pragmatic in a relationship beyond just eating together, dating, holding hands, pecking, and sleeping together or having sex. Or harbouring notions of quitting a job so they can stay glued together 24/7. :rolleyes:

And perfect, for all purposes.

JA will be even older,, at an unmarried-38 (an age which is taboo for oma's marriage plans and any other sugeiting aka blind dates). Plus then she will be un-marriageably suitable,  for JH who will be more maturely 33 and established (hullo this is Kdrama = careers totally progress in 3 yrs! :lol: not stay stagnant or go nowhere. if you're not CEO yet, you will at least be a Director ... or have opened 3 branches of some successful chain of stores set up).

What is NOT all right ... would be to fill in 3 episodes with nonsense: oma dramatics,  or excruciatingly drag out too many details like the JH/KS oppa back story for an entire 1.5 episodes ... and all kinds of mutual noble idiocracy ....

Then have just the very last 5 mins of ep 16 of  them meeting by accident (as they did the first time, when he spotted a pretty girl from the office blding's front door) and ta da ... end of drama.!

Happy Ending Reunion + one huge and one peck. Grand Finale.

YAY = NOT!!!  Blah. That will be an utter let down, after investing the time into this drama (Temperature of Love kinda went that way after a promising beginning too, there were times viewers totally felt like strangling Seo Hyun-jin's Lee Hyun-soo )

========================================

The first 6 episodes of this drama were fine.

Esp good (for me) were Ep 3 and 4 ... maybe they should have delayed the build up a bit, and played it out a bit more for a couple more episodes.

3 hours ago, jus-ash said:

And that 3 yr time jump is totally fine, with me. I would buy it. 

It will give them a breather time apart ... rather than impulsive runs in the middle of the night into each other's arms. It also progresses beyond Lust and heady Love ... to the more realistic and pragmatic in a relationship beyond just eating together, dating, holding hands, pecking, and sleeping together or having sex. Or harbouring notions of quitting a job so they can stay glued togehter.

And perfect. JA will be even older,, at an unmarried-38 (an age which is taboo for oma's marriage plans and any sugeiting/blind dates). Plus then she will be un-marriageably suitable for JH which will be more maturely 33 and established (hullo this is Kdrama = careers progress in 3 yrs! :lol: not stay stagnant or go nowherre. if you're not CEO yet, you will at least be a Director ... or have opened 3 branches of some chain you set up).

What is NOT all right ... would be to fill in 3 episodes with nonsense: oma,  or excruciatingly drag out too many details like the JH/KS oppa back story for an entire episode ... and all kinds of mutual noble idiocracy ....

Then have just the last 5 mins of ep 16 of  them meeting by accident (as they did the first time, when he spotted a pretty girl from the office blding's front door) and ta da ... end of drama.!

Happy Ending Reunion + one huge and one peck. YAY = NOT!!!  Blah. That will be an utter let down, after investing the time into this drama (Temperature of Love kinda went that way after a promising beginning too, and there were times viewers felt like strangling Seo Hyun-jin's Lee Hyun-soo )

========================================

The first 6 episodes of this drama were fine.

Esp good were Ep 3 and 4 ... maybe they should have delayed the build up a bit, and played it out a bit more for a couple more episodes.

Spoiler

lol.. i want to strangle Seo Hyun jin's character in all her dramas..

i know she is capable.. but personally can't watch her dramas.. because the characters she chooses are so so so annoying..

hope she picks up something good in future

i haven't been keeping up with the drama.. will pick it up after its over and overall feedback..

i started with ep 1.. but was bored of 1 and 2..

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i know she is capable.. but personally can't watch her dramas.. because the characters she chooses are so so so annoying..

i haven't been keeping up with the drama.. will pick it up after its over and overall feedback..

Spoiler

LOL I know what you mean re: Seo Hyun-jin. But she settles down (Romantic Doctor Kim is another) - as does my pet peeve: Hwang Jung-eum who I always find OTT, and kinda irritating to start.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[13] TNmS[14]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 30, 2018 4.008% 4.239% 3.8%
2 March 31, 2018 3.752% 4.177% 4.8%
3 April 6, 2018 4.222% 4.621% 4.4%
4 April 7, 2018 4.756% 5.434% 5.9%
5 April 13, 2018 5.134% 6.001% 5.4%
6 April 14, 2018 6.187% 7.069% 6.5%
7 April 20, 2018 5.322% 6.202% 6.4%
8 April 21, 2018 5.499% 5.936% 5.7%
9 April 27, 2018 6.177% 6.769% 5.9%
10 April 28, 2018 5.757% 6.713% 6.6%
11 May 4, 2018 5.637% 7.018% 5.9%
12 May 5, 2018 5.520% 6.320% 6.1%

Im sorry if i came across as too crude, but it just makes me so pissed that JH gets all this crap from JA even after ALL he Done for her/ and willing to Do for Her.. Im not saying she has to love him as much as he loves her, But plz woman, be at least more understanding of him and show some more appreciation/ sympathy..  it takes TWO people to make a relationship work, not just one. JA has not offered anything to the table so far. He is willing to Do anything for her, give up everything for her etc.. But she cant even fight for him ? Their relationship is so unbalanced...

8 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

He protected her from the rain...

Held her when she was afraid...

He cared for her when she was in pain...

These are the views we have seen and know and JA knows them even better than us.  Time after time after time JH showers JA with his unconditional love always covering, protecting,comforting her each time without her even having to speak a word or even ask because he is always one step ahead of her in doing everything he can to shower her with all the love he can give...

.The miracle of JH was in how he allowed JA to relax, breathe and just feel free...

I have always romanticized and found to be ideal a love that acts as a harbor.  Embraced by a love that keeps you safe and protected, where explanations are unnecessary, where you are able to rest, recuperate and regain yourself, where nothing is asked of you but just to feel comforted, supported and loved.   This has been personified by Seo Joon Hee.

Sadly the ratings keep on dropping if not that big, but it slightly keeps on dropping. The ratings of the first episodes of this drama were rising steadily. While I love this drama so much, but I do agree that the writer should have made the courting period longer because the title is Pretty Noona who Buys me Food. They should make Jin Ah buy Joon Hee food or at least cutely ask him to join her lunch or dinner before officially date for a little longer thus will suit the title more. The first episode was kinda too long for an usual kdrama format which was 80 minutes if I am not mistaken. They should make the other 20 minutes for episode 2. Or at least make the courting period longer until episode 5 therefore the pace will be alright. I am not trying to be smarter than the writer, but I just think it will suit more to the sum of the episodes which is 16 episodes. 

Thankfully that this drama is popular.

I am wondering about the ratings drop is it because of the story hàs become too much to some audiences or is it because the Jung Hae In issue? I think the JHI issue should not be the reason, shouldn't it?

Btw, I have never seen the opening credit of this drama. Any one of you have the video or link to watch the opening credit? I wanna know the video and music they use to introduce our actors and actresses

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

The third and fourth episode is really good. The first episode might be kinda boring for some but I liked it very very much when it reached episode 3 and 4, not to mention the sweetness in episode 5 and 6. They are my alltime favorite for the beginning parts of kdrama

3 hours ago, jus-ash said:

LOL I know what you mean re: Seo Hyun-jin. But she settles down (Romantic Doctor Kim is another) - as does my pet peeve: Hwang Jung-eum who I always find OTT, and kinda irritating to start.

Hahah i watched another oh hae young, seo hyun Jin played Main female character was so immature /annoying for her age xD i mean, throwing Stone to the window jisses...among others.. At least the kisses Was super hooooot!!! Even the Kiss in elevator by secondary couple Was sexy,, im dissapointed this drama  something in the rain doesnt have any hot kisses xD 

Is there a possibility that the drama will end with JH & JA walk separate ways? Come to think of it, it is a good idea to end it that way. A good memory remains as well as the pain. In real life how far a man can keep on sacrificing while the woman whom he has been “pouring” all his whole heart is completely blind (actually I want to say brainless) and does not value him as much as he values her.  

BTW, I also share everyone’s feeling about the kisses, I mean a couple so deeply in love how could the Director or the writers drag it on  without a single passionate kiss. It is absolutely not possible and far too unreasonable. 

3 minutes ago, Tukata said:

Is there a possibility that the drama will end with JH & JA walk separate ways? Come to think of it, it is a good idea to end it that way. A good memory remains as well as the pain. In real life how far a man can keep on sacrificing while the woman whom he has been “pouring” all his whole heart is completely blind (actually I want to say brainless) and does not value him as much as he values her.  

Agreed.. For ONCE in a romantic drama I wouldnt be dissapointed with this kind of ending.. But my heart really hurts for JH =(

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

The third and fourth episode is really good. The first episode might be kinda boring for some but I liked it very very much when it reached episode 3 and 4, not to mention the sweetness in episode 5 and 6. They are my alltime favorite for the beginning parts of kdrama

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

Sadly the ratings keep on dropping if not that big, but it slightly keeps on dropping. The ratings of the first episodes of this drama were rising steadily. While I love this drama so much, but I do agree that the writer should have made the courting period longer because the title is Pretty Noona who Buys me Food. They should make Jin Ah buy Joon Hee food or at least cutely ask him to join her lunch or dinner before officially date for a little longer thus will suit the title more. The first episode was kinda too long for an usual kdrama format which was 80 minutes if I am not mistaken. They should make the other 20 minutes for episode 2. Or at least make the courting period longer until episode 5 therefore the pace will be alright. I am not trying to be smarter than the writer, but I just think it will suit more to the sum of the episodes which is 16 episodes. 

Thankfully that this drama is popular.

I am wondering about the ratings drop is it because of the story hàs become too much to some audiences or is it because the Jung Hae In issue? I think the JHI issue should not be the reason, shouldn't it?

Btw, I have never seen the opening credit of this drama. Any one of you have the video or link to watch the opening credit? I wanna know the video and music they use to introduce our actors and actresses

I guess the reason why the ratings keeps dropping is cuz of JA, even koreans seems to get tired of her. XD i loved this drama until latest ep... 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 11 and 12 are going to be hard to watch, I can tell. Anyway, here is a translation for episode 13 preview.

JA: I can’t contact him on the phone. And, his office won't say anything about him.
KS: Haven’t the two of you broken up?
JA: He’s hurt?
JH Father: Why don’t you like my Joon Hee?
JH Father: That Jin Ah is Joon Hee’s mate is pretty great.
JA Mother: Your father is like that, so how can you, his children, be any different?
JH: He’s someone that I hadn’t wanted to see ever again, and that in front of the woman I love.
JA: But, he’s your father.
Jung: What are you saying? What meeting?
SY: Manager Yoon is being too much.
Jung: It means that they can even make things up, and then explode them. Do you want to go through that?
KS: How can you give him such wounds?
JA: I won’t meet him. I said I won’t meet him.
JA: Joon Hee, let’s stop this now.

This is not promising in that it seems to be promising that the angst is going to go on and on and on. I haven't had time to watch episodes 11 and 12 completely yet, but I'm starting to think that there will be a significant separation for JA and JH, and personally, I'm feeling disappointed by that, if that happens. So, JA will have three years of resisting every attempt by her mother to marry her off, so that her mother might come around if after a 3 year hiatus, JH shows up again. It's kind of sad that only as JA becomes unmarriageable by South Korean standards and  thus completely damaged goods that JH will be an acceptable mate for her. Also, this is so unfair to JH who will have had to suffer for having been too loving and too loyal. I'm reacting first right now after watching just a few clips, and perhaps my mind will change after I've actually watched the episodes, but I'm just upset right now. The only thing I needed was for the OTP to hold onto each other, come heck or high water, and I would have been happy to watch them have to go through whatever the world throws at them. So, whether it's self-preservation or noble idiocy, it seems to be failing the one thing I need from an OTP. *sigh*

Sorry.

Spot on!! Couldnt have said it better myself 

It's ok for JH to go to China. Many Chinese girls will love to have a boyfriend like JH, right :D  j/k

I believe it will have a happy ending. It's about true love. True love will overcome everything. I remember in second presscon, the director said there will be no time jump...so what is it with 2015 and 2018? I hope there will not be 3 years waiting. It would be too painful for this couple. I need a wedding at the end. I will have a talk with the writer if they don't end up together :angry:

4 hours ago, jus-ash said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

darn right abt HJE.. she is the worst screeching type ever..

19 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

It's ok for JH to go to China. Many Chinese girls will love to have a boyfriend like JH, right :D  j/k

I believe it will have a happy ending. It's about true love. True love will overcome everything. I remember in second presscon, the director said there will be no time jump...so what is it with 2015 and 2018? I hope there will not be 3 years waiting. It would be too painful for this couple. I need a wedding at the end. I will have a talk with the writer if they don't end up together :angry:

why china.. anywhere in the world :)

Actually kinda sad upon reading this article despite it was really popular around 2 weeks before and reading comments like "this drama has too much kisses make me want to throw up" or "the story is so boring" or "I don't like the story even just watching episode 1". I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but still, kinda sad reading your favorite drama gets bashed or experiences dip in ratings while it could have been higher

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/05/pretty-noona-buys-food-experiences-dip-ratings/

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Archived