Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Here is a birth secret comes in place: JH's father left his ex wife, KS, and JH because he was pressured by JH's rich and famous grandparents. To them, JH's father was no match for their precious daughter. So he hided this fact from his children and moved to Canada. His wife passed away of broken heart. Now he comes back and tells them the truth because he couldn't stand seeing JH's suffering. JH's grandparents are getting old and now looking for their grandchildren. After Dinasour mom found out how rich and famous JH's family is, she will be happy and accept him. And they will continue having sweet couple moments for us to enjoy :tongue: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

Hi :) 

Can someone translate what the hosts said about our Ye Jin and Hae In?  Please :heart:  It's about their chemistry and more. Thank you so much! :)

• Like 10

did anyone see today's new stills? seungho dressed smartly seemed like for a wedding...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, thi2018 said:

Here is a birth secret comes in place: JH's father left his ex wife, KS, and JH because he was pressured by JH's rich and famous grandparents. To them, JH's father was no match for their precious daughter. So he hided this fact from his children and moved to Canada. His wife passed away of broken heart. Now he comes back and tells them the truth because he couldn't stand seeing JH's suffering. JH's grandparents are getting old and now looking for their grandchildren. After Dinasour mom found out how rich and famous JH's family is, she will be happy and accept him. And they will continue having sweet couple moments for us to enjoy :tongue: 

Is this true or a wishful thinking?  :D

• LOL 8

24 minutes ago, a997 said:

did anyone see today's new stills? seungho dressed smartly seemed like for a wedding...

Can you post here the stills, please?:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, thi2018 said:

Hahahahahahahaha !

Like in My husband Oh Jak Doo !

• LOL 7

Watching subbed eps 8 and I like that bit mid episode when they had that mini tiff while drinking wine . She said it’s common for dating couples to have joint accounts etc ( I agree especially intending Long term relationships). And then he retorted about not doing stuff most couples did in the past. Then she replied by asking him what he used to do in his past relationships. Then he got upset & she did too saying she won’t ever suggest anything then.

So why I liked it was because it’s exactly like real life - so realistic! when new relationships start, apart from all the hormones running wild & lovey stuff , the couple also begins to learn about each other. You start to  discover the differing values , negotiate the boundaries and learn the art of compromise. So even though this drama is not entirely  plot driven , the charm lies in its ability to help the viewer relate fully to its characters. 

Also I really like Geum Bo Ra. She’s a little rough around the edges , not the sort to give u sweet talk but she’s been such an amazing friend. I live for Kang SY’s jealousy scenes thinking that she’s the one JH is dating. Cracks me up. 

• Like 20
  • LOL 1

wow...

the world does revolve around the man being rich for a woman to find her true love.. or rather to lure women into buying a lovestory

apparently prince charming are never poor.. and all women are gold diggers!

this is sad..

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, bugcie said:

Hi :) 

Can someone translate what the hosts said about our Ye Jin and Hae In?  Please :heart:  It's about their chemistry and more. Thank you so much! :)

caption 00.09: 
Son ye jin who in contrast become "pretty sister who buys food" from "a noona who eats well"

what is son ye jin's charm in the drama?

woman in black shirt: 
they act as if they are dating in real life and son ye jin accepted jung hae in's acting really well so I sent a message to son ye jin asking her can they both date in
real life? When someone wish for people to date in real life the couple will usually deny it and say no we're not dating but son ye jin meaningfully said "it will be more interesting in the future~"

mc in blue shirt:
so how is the possibility for Jung hae in and son ye jin to date in real life?

woman mc: 
we'll see that later

mc with beige vest and white
shirt:
I think the viewers can feel it too when watching the drama that they act as if they really are a couple.

Mc in yellow dress:
also in the past when asked about his ideal type, Jung hae in once said that he finds a woman who works hard really charming. Son ye jin is really pretty and with just that she's already awesome but he (jung hae in) sees her work hard everyday, right? (on the drama set). And also their pictures posted in social media are really sweet.

the video of their first presscon:
MC: Jung Hae In-ssi, what is your first impression towards the "pretty noona" (son ye jin)?

JHI: I'm really embarrassed to say this but at first I couldn't look into her eyes because she's so pretty especially when she smiles and I think she has the energy to make people around her feel happy
MC: how about son ye jin-ssi working with Jung hae in-ssi?

Son ye jin: When we were shooting my heart really fluttered and I feel better whenever I see him. You know he looks really pretty even when just looking at him.

guy mc in blue suit:

wow after looking at it (the video) it feels different!

woman mc in beige shirt:

for me myself after seeing that scene it
reminds me of Song Joong Ki and Song hye kyo during the presscon where they were also very sweet like what the reporters felt. They were talking shyly.

Hello everyone! :D it’s my first time posting here (I used to post quite a lot back then in songsong couple’s page xD) so I decided to help a bit with the translations. I love this drama and all the actors so much words can’t describe how much I love and become obsessed with this drama xD uhm btw I’m not a native speaker and still am learning korean autodidact so I apologize in advance if there’s some mistake here and there and I think I did skip a part or two because I couldn’t really understand it and please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 18

thank you for your translation. so they are complement each other.

hae in is so cute and good looking, while son ye jin is so pretty (she has charming beauty I can even compared her beauty with song hye gyo, she is A list actress along with song hye gyo and jun ji hyun) and she also has bright and extrovert personality while hae in seems a bit introvert,

they both seems attracted to each other (maybe not in love terms but I'm not sure too).

and sorry everyone.. I don't expect to see their passionate hot kiss, its okay if passionate kiss but I hope not too hot and intense. I'm very happy with their cute romantic scene, just a peck on mouth but long kiss, I see hae in as a bit shy innocent sweet caring guy and I really like that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, sns25129 said:

caption 00.09: 
Son ye jin who in contrast become "pretty sister who buys food" from "a noona who eats well"

woman in black shirt: 
they act as if they are dating in real life and son ye jin accepted jung hae in's acting really well so I sent a message to son ye jin asking her can they both date in
real life? When someone wish for people to date in real life the couple will usually deny it and say no we're not dating but son ye jin meaningfully said "it will be more interesting in the future~"

mc in blue shirt:

woman mc: 
we'll see that later

shirt:
I think the viewers can feel it too when watching the drama that they act as if they really are a couple.

Mc in yellow dress:
also in the past when asked about his ideal type, Jung hae in once said that he finds a woman who works hard really charming. Son ye jin is really pretty and with just that she's already awesome but he (jung hae in) sees her work hard everyday, right? (on the drama set). And also their pictures posted in social media are really sweet.

MC: Jung Hae In-ssi, what is your first impression towards the "pretty noona" (son ye jin)?

JHI: I'm really embarrassed to say this but at first I couldn't look into her eyes because she's so pretty especially when she smiles and I think she has the energy to make people around her feel happy

Son ye jin: When we were shooting my heart really fluttered and I feel better whenever I see him. You know he looks really pretty even when just looking at him.

guy mc in blue suit:

woman mc in beige shirt:

reminds me of Song Joong Ki and Song hye kyo during the presscon where they were also very sweet like what the reporters felt. They were talking shyly.

Hello everyone! :D it’s my first time posting here (I used to post quite a lot back then in songsong couple’s page xD) so I decided to help a bit with the translations. I love this drama and all the actors so much words can’t describe how much I love and become obsessed with this drama xD uhm btw I’m not a native speaker and still am learning korean autodidact so I apologize in advance if there’s some mistake here and there and I think I did skip a part or two because I couldn’t really understand it and please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong :) 

Thanks for the translations and welcome!!:D

I'm really grateful for all of you people who made efforts for this drama!!B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2018 at 12:11 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Let us imagine what could bring the mother to her senses...

- She discovers LGM's wrongdoings (the harassment, the assault, the kidnapping and the car accident)

- Appa decides to get divorce as he can not stand her any longer ruining their lives

- SH cuts ties with her

- SH has a girlfriend she doesn't approve at all

Feel free to add more ideas...

JA and Omma quarrel and get physical. Omma gets pushed into the path of the Truck of Doom and JH arrives just in time to push Omma to safety but ends up getting knocked down instead. JH falls into coma and for the next 3 yrs, JA stays by his side, hoping he will wake up. Omma sees that JA truly loves JH and finally gives her blessing (also to alleviate the guilt she has for causing him to get hurt in the first place) O.O"

• LOL 13

Ohh.. don’t get JH fall into coma.. that’s just too cruel for JA. Let omma have memory lost instead :wink:

• LOL 9

4 hours ago, sns25129 said:

caption 00.09: 

woman in black shirt: 

mc in blue shirt:

woman mc: 
we'll see that later

shirt:

Mc in yellow dress:

guy mc in blue suit:

woman mc in beige shirt:

Thank you so so much! :D Please stay with us. Your opinions/thoughts will surely be appreciated. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah please, no coma or memory loss... I like how realist this show is so no recurrent trope would be a must. No throwing water at each other's face, no noble idiocy, no coma, etc... 

I just don't care anymore if Omma agrees or not. People never change. They just need to accept that they'll never be happy with them being together. As long as they are happy, who cares? Right?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I just can't wait for the next 2 episodes this weekend so I binge watched ep1 to 10 again since its a holiday in my country today:tongue:

And I find the ending at ep10 kinda creepy, like a ghost story.. when i see the mom's face on the monitor screen. Like a female ghost waiting outside the door.  Gives me the creeps! Haha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

LoL @jesskitkat exactly what I thought when I saw her on the monitor screen.

@carolinedl our OTP needs blessings from both family though. I hope omma understands JH’s family situation. It’s not something that he created or chose to be part of it. Why does he have to be the one suffering? Omma is still secluded in traditional marriage culture where marriage is not just a matter of a bride and groom but the merging of two families. Most Asians would not agree that they, as individuals, should think of themselves as separate from their parents or families. To Koreans “a life in which egos are all autonomous,separate, discrete and self-sufficient is too cold, impersonal,lonely and inhuman." I think this drama not only touches on sexual assault at work place, but also discusses about Korean family cultures/values. I don’t know what would be a solution for our OTP since they are dealing with sensitive social/cultural issues. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Until now I can’t bring myself to watch the latest 2 episodes due to the horrible scenes that everyone is talking about. I may watch them when subsequent episodes with happy scenes become available. My heart is not yet prepared to be bruised and stay bruised for long. I will need medication immediately. :( Till then I will just rely on the updates and recaps posted here. Thank you in advance pretty noonas and dongsaengs! 

I have to commend the director for choosing the actress who played the role of JA’s mom and the actress herself. She’s very effective in causing our blood pressure to rise. Hehehe... Just looking at her face makes me cringe. We’ve been reminded always not to judge a book by its cover but in her case, she really looks the part of a ruthless mother-in-law. :tongue: Every man’s worst nightmare. 

How will JH win JA’s mom over? I think that will take a lot of hard work and sincerity for JH and  help from JA. Time will tell.

JH dad is the root cause of her dislike so it would be good if the dad can show up, explain his side and redeem his children from shame. He owes this to them. KS already has a phobia on relationship and marriage because of him. It also gravely affects how JA’s mom will accept JH as JA’s husband-to-be. The past can no longer be rewritten but it would be helpful if the cobwebs of the past that are obscuring the present path shall be cleared in order to give way to a better future. 

Another crazy but realistic option  - JH and JA will elope and then years after return with a cute and adorable toddler. The magical charm of a grandchild never fails. But again this brings back Secret Garden memories. I don’t think they will recycle this theme again. 

My last suggestion (Sorry in advance but I really want to give mom a lesson) ... mom gets into danger, maybe a fire or a car accident, JH rescues her. To add more drama, JH’s life is also put on the line like a life and death battle. Mom personally witness JA break down and realizes how important JH is to JA, how much she loves her, how much he was willing to sacrifice to keep JA and her family safe, including her. JH will survive and she will give them her blessing. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 4/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, carolinedl said:

I think that is the point: she does not do much with her own life because she had to work so hard when her mom died. JH mentionned she should date and be happy but she says she does not want to. She does not trust men. I think she is scared that she'll be stuck with a man like her father. So she works, drinks and secludes herself. JA is really her only friend.

I do agree that her acting was great in the last episode, and it's been quite good from the beginning in all retrospect. It's just that her character is so sad in many ways...

@jus-ash I like your scenario and it seems that it could happen this way.

That said - it is quite common in countries outside the US for children to leave the house only when they get married. Like in a lot of countries, you don't move out when you go to University like in the US. Because there are no dorms for Unis, you tend to stay at home when you go to University because, well, you don't earn money yet so how can you afford rent? I am not too shocked by that; though it's true that she could have moved out since she earns a salary.

@luvhollandlop I agree! I think that their father's behavior has to do with it. Plus, Omma was a friend of JH's mother too. In a collective culture, you are responsible for your parents' behaviors... But I also think that the whole social status does play a role. It's like an accumulation of things, negative things that KS and JH had and still have no control over but which influence their lives.

JA's mom is really awful, but she does represent a current reality in Korea and in some other countries... That is the sad part of it all...

I lived for 20+ yrs of my life in homeland Singapore before I moved to NAmerica (and now still currently reside). So yes I understand both cultures-mindsets. And also visit Seoul almost every yr.

Though in increasingly-West influenced countries - it's getting more common see 'kids' ie (the unmarried under-25 Millenials) moving out to live on their own. They're far less docile than generations before, some live at home only bec it's more practical to do so financially.

Even in Korea = when they leave their village/little town to go to Seoul to study, or work.

AGREE .... JA's mom is an Asian reality (or even Western-Caucasian ambitious mom reality and moms who live vicariously through their children's achievements be it cheerleader, model or whatever - ie star mom).

Even in NAmerica - among the Asian mom mindsets here (whether new or old immigrants - whether they hail from China, Taiwan, HK, Vietnam or Korea) ... you  can see JA's mom, among the ambitious moms and trying hard social-climbers in society.

S'times that social-climbing can be worse for immigrants actually  - they have a lot to prove, or were stepped upon (Esp so I have observed, in the case of first-gen immigrants in a predominantly White society (less baggage for the wealthier new immigrants of the later 2000s) ... so their hopes on the 2nd gen children are wayyy higher.

Random Thoughts:

I am Asian but I am also kinda of a weird mom. As long as I can SEE efforts - B's.

Even Cs can be ok if kids have really tried ... I am not thrilled, but ok with it. I celebrate a child's efforts and determination ... vs lazyness and complacency, and excuses.

What matters is that the child TRIED, rather than just sit there and does nothing. If getting a B or C in that situation ... yes only then that matters .... when she/he is fully capable of an A.

Ditto for JH ... he's a good kid. He's keeps his own place clean, he's totally thriving, it's not like he's a loafer sitting around living off her daughter's $ and being a slob.  He''s respectful and responsible (except when he threatens to quit, just to spend all his time with JA  :wink: ),  which is more than what you can say for a lot of guys who only pretend to be and say all the right things to gf's moms aka Aunties. (ie lip service, sucking up without being sincere or genuine).

And knowing the family so well, means it will be awkward - JH will be 200% more considerate of their feelings and try harder! All good for the family - DUH Mom!

JA's mom  is actually in a very enviable position. Isn't it BETTER knowing the guy inside out .... rather than taking your chances on a outwardly-successful but could be abuser/cheater etc. (no one can truly understands a random IL's  background, or any spouse's upbringing. Or all the skeletons in the closets one might have growing up or dysfunctional family backgrounds etc etc etc).

Afterall ANY marriage is a gamble - no one knows how the equation will eventually shape out. Isn't it better to know the guy so well to the point you know all the warts on his butt since childhood? Nothing to hide!

And also to know and get along with your potential in-laws (KS) so well? Imagine JA will never have to kowtow to any intimidating domineering 'MY way or NO way' ... chaebol MIL or in laws (include SILs there as well)

JA's dad is 100x WISER than the mom ... even if he seems on the surface, like the 'loser' mom deems him to be.  He endorsed JH, in the presence of tattle-telling GM but telling him exactly:

" I watched this child grow up to a fine man, and I am happy and proud that my daughter chose this man"  (or something to that effect))  :thumbsup:

================================

Sorry, but I don't BUY that JA's mom's misgivings about JH is in part bec of his philandering dad.

Nor bec JH is family and "too close".

Do a change of scenario: JH the family member but part of a chaebol background ... and see if Oma will squawk like a goose ...  or celebrate and break out the champagne glasses. :rolleyes:

It's 90% all about Oma HERSELF, and how this all reflects on her status/their family status = for her friends, for her neighbours to SEE.

That societal status (hence her favoritism for her PhD son) ... a comfy home that she cannot enjoy bec Dad is not more successful or refuses to be ... and how she cannot celebrate her 35 yr old daughter (she's a Manager, not a barista at 35, for Pete's sakes) is what drives her disapproval.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2