[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

53 minutes ago, rain89 said:

If they knew the story was going this way, they should have just had a male cover it and change it to “stand by your woman” because it’ll totally fit JH’s character right now

Sometimes it’s hard to be a man

Giving all your love to just one girl

You’ll have the bad times and she’ll have the good times

Doing things that you don’t understand

But if you love her, you’ll forgive her

Even though she’s hard to understand...

Exactly. She’s not standing by him at all. She wanted to call it quit as soon as it’s getting hard. If they’re referring her standing next to him when they’re together for dinner or out on a date, then they totally misunderstood the meaning of the song. I’m so disappointed on where the ending is leading. Can they just get rid of the writer and hire me instead? Arghhhh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/5/2018 at 1:28 AM, farah2044 said:

dont hate jinna too much. she may cause all the trouble n look weak but she did what she need to survive

3.family...i understand what jin na felt with her mother. she had a good daugther syndrome which always occur among asian Family. Jin na just want to go through that stupid mason(blind date) to make her mother happy n show her that it not going to work. she feel bad that she is 36 years old ...not married. korean culture that i hate the most is they talk about people a lot. her mom may go through some harassing from her friend for having spinster daughther. she feel bad for her mom that why she try to please her mom. i know method is wrong....

4 Jon hee father

why she get involved ? trust me .i would get involved too so that there is no regret between the man i love with his family. my mom was abuse by her mom in her childhood. but she really good to her until now...sometime i ask her why...she said she is still her mother. 

ah this is what exactly I did in my past relationship. that's why I can feel her and understand her. Uri Jin A... She was just trying to show him that she loved him and wanted him to be reconciled with his father. After so many troubles her mother has done, she wanted to show him that she loved him the way he's and did her best to convince him that he's good for her. 'Cause joon hee seemed to has an issue, he's never felt good enough for jin ah..so she wanted to prove him wrong.

Unfortunately she has chosen the sensitive part..  Sorry for my bad English

4 hours ago, annypooh said:

Exactly. She’s not standing by him at all. She wanted to call it quit as soon as it’s getting hard. If they’re referring her standing next to him when they’re together for dinner or out on a date, then they totally misunderstood the meaning of the song. I’m so disappointed on where the ending the leading. Can they just get rid of the writer and hire me instead? Arghhhh

Me too, i was excepting JA to become stronger .. But Nope. . 

Im wondering how the koreans feels about JA actions, maybe they would be more understanding / forgiving of her cuz she is from same country / culture. . so they get her more. 

5 minutes ago, sweetseptember said:

Me too, i was excepting JA to become stronger .. But Nope. . 

I had a feeling from the beginning that she would be the one to break it off. Why? Because she has been the negative one in their relationship. She always has that “what if’s “ in her mind. It means she doesn’t have much faith in herself or him.  

Maybe SH tells what KM did to her sister to his Mom so she'll stop dreaming prince charming gender hahaha !

I don't know I feel JA will know the news about JH decline the offer to go to china so she wants breaking up

bc she doesn't want ruining his future ??!

I saw he is in suit maybe he's in a conference ?????

Just to put in my 2 cents from watching episodes that I don’t fully understand, since I don’t speak Korean. 

I think this drama is really about Jinah’s transformation from a weak and older woman to somebody who stands up for herself in the end, with the help of a younger man who truly loves her. 

That’s why they are showing all her faults in contrast with Joonhee’s strength and maturity (and hotness, sweetness, etc..).

Would anyone seriously dump their bf they claim to love just cuz their family is against it bc he is not rich enough or has not a great family backround history? I mean JH is not rich and has No good family backround (him having not a good family backround is not even his fault), but he still has a stable job and is kind, loving.. so would still some crazy person dump him ?? Ok i get it if she dumps her bf cuz of her parents - IF he was lets say a criminal / not working or whatever .. But he was none of that!!! So it makes No sense.. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqjfP2-MJUGtITf416VTe  He protected her from the rain...

newest-Korean-drama-Something-in-the-Rai  Held her when she was afraid...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPEga-x_XbUfNqSBg-dLx    He cared for her when she was in pain...

These are the views we have seen and know and JA knows them even better than us.  Time after time after time JH showers JA with his unconditional love always covering, protecting,comforting her each time without her even having to speak a word or even ask because he is always one step ahead of her in doing everything he can to shower her with all the love he can give...

I haven't watched the latest episodes with subs just reading what is written here by everyone and a bit sad at the thoughts of my standing alone next to JA feeling as if I want my words to somehow be her umbrella and protect her character whom I love...

I guess the character in which I see might just be thinking when JH has given and done so much for me.  What is it that she has given back to JH besides pain and disappointment from others and misery...

JA isn't a character with a strong sense of self in fact she is less than weak when it comes to loving herself.  Everywhere she looks she sees and feels failure even from her family who you would think would be that lighthouse were safety and comfort and encouragement might be found... Not so much...

Even when dealing with her EX at first it felt as if surly it had to be her fault after all it was as if she was lucky to catch him in the first place at her age and with little to offer.   This man that in reality was nothing less than a piece of horrible trash who went so far as to even try and kill her.  I didn't see her Mother beating on him or throwing a fit when they were told he had another woman.  Let me say this, a Mother should protect their child at all costs but even more a Mothers first priority besides safeness is their child's

HAPPINESS...

I guess my thought is this I won't throw any stones at JA because I have no doubt that she loves JH maybe even more than he loves her or at least just as much.  It may sound crazy and maybe I am.  How much does she love him?  More than the only real love or happiness she has ever known or received. She said it herself in so many words to her Father like a confession of truth.  That she didn't even know what love was until JH through his words, actions taught and showed her.  So much so that she was willing to face the wrath and disappointment that she knew without a doubt would be poured on her like hail and was... 

What is it that she can do for JH when she already feels so unworthy of such a man whose love and goodness has given her more than even she could have ever dreamed.  What can she give him when she sees herself as someone with so little to offer?  Her thinking the benefits seem to be all mine!  Love doesn't always have to make sense sometimes it's just a matter of where you are and what you have always been told that you don't meet their expectations.  You need to do better, be better and try harder to be something, anything other than yourself...

After a while you start to believe it...

The miracle of JH was in how he allowed JA to relax, breathe and just feel free...

27 minutes ago, rain89 said:

If they knew the story was going this way, they should have just had a male cover it and change it to “stand by your woman” because it’ll totally fit JH’s character right now

Sometimes it’s hard to be a man

Giving all your love to just one girl

You’ll have the bad times and she’ll have the good times

But if you love her, you’ll forgive her

Even though she’s hard to understand...

:D chillex everyone ... so unusual to have this mood at this thread tonight...lol...we always commented on their lovey dovey scenes before but today a lot of bashing instead...

Sometimes it’s hard to be a shipper

Giving all your love to both of them

You’ll have the bad times and they’ll have the good times

But if you love them, you’ll forgive them

Even though they're hard to understand...:D

look at the bright side...i think the writer tried to make JA to protect JH this week...even it seems like she made troubles instead...paboo but lovely jinah.. have u guys noticed that this time the center of attention is "vulnerable JH " and everyone wants to protect him (except the mother of course) ... SH for the first time stood up asked his mother to stop...he must be worried sick of losing his bff n slightly his noona :D . KS with the father issue and sad sibling conversation scene came up...JA  with her act try to please everyone at both side...but end up hurt him more..omo!! bravo at JH that can get that mad to her... 

i on the other hand...would like to see if KS who does not believe in love...will have a short scene of meeting a man at the end...:D

now we see almost every side of JH thanks to that...well...good relationship require love-hate situation anyway..it'll make it stronger..i know because i hate my hb few times in a week  :D especially when i prepared hearty dinner but he end up having instant food at the office instead..lol..

From ep 1 to Ep 12 JA repeatedly makes stupid things and keeps on apologizing afterwards, she will continue to do so and that includes the breakup (or whatever). I am tired of her and give up on her already. Her transformation , as we hope,  would be unrealistic though. Let her be. Wanna tell JH that Geum Bora is a good match for him, no headache! Hahaha .... 

3 minutes ago, Tukata said:

From ep 1 to Ep 12 JA repeatedly makes stupid things and keeps on apologizing afterwards, she will continue to do so and that includes the breakup (or whatever). I am tired of her and give up on her already. Her transformation , as we hope,  would be unrealistic though. Let her be. Wanna tell JH that Geum Bora is a good match for him, no headache! Hahaha .... 

Dunno what the writers was thinking .. its ok to start her as weak, But plz Then let her become stronger and stronger (to get her some growth) ,, But in the end she still is weak and pretty much the same person as from ep 1....

hahaha let's all take a chill pill and end our nights with a loving heart. :D I hope even if most of us here is disappointed whether with JA, the writers or the whole episode we will still support the drama till the end. And I hope everyone will be open minded, respectful to each and every opinion made. Let's be understanding and loving like JH  haha :D  

PS: I still hope for a passionate kiss at least once hahaha. 

lets wait until next week if break up really happen and what's behind it shall we? :D

perhaps...they'll have tears scene with close-up passionate made-up kiss that u guys asked for ..who knows.. :tongue:

Just read recaps off Bah and Doo = thanks V! :heart:

Have NOT watched the 2 episodes yet – kinda of DREADING them actually. Esp since they seem to figure quite a bit of her omma (UGH!) and KS (not exactly my favorite character either)

Comments as a bystander who chose to peek selectively a little at some scenes, instead of viewing in entirety.  :tongue:

1) This strikes me as symbolic:

RED umbrella … stop
GREEN umbrella …  go

2) Their relationship is too sugary so far (I said this in ep 6. those endless pecks get meaninglessly tiring too and it wanes :ph34r:  => wherein lies the intensity? :huh:) . And relationshjps need wayyyy MORE, to go on to long-term sustainability.

JH has been giving a lot ... and JA (in her own way, and within the boundaries of a well-conditioned Asian daughter) = it's just tiring long run, and one side will break.

3) Loving the family mutiny and push-back. LOL, I didn't know it would come true when I commented randomly last wk. Esp from compliant SH, who has so far been kinda om's yes-man (though we have seen he may not agree = when he left the table with noodles half eaten after oma dissed JH for not being from some prestigious uni program)

4) As for KS/JH's dad (I enjoy this actor generally - he can play both good and bad roles very well) = he's an interesting intro.

And to come back all the way to Korea just like that. .. just bec of a phone call from estranged kids. This is UN-characteristic of men who abandon their families. (more typical would be: so cry me a river, I will keep ignoring you/forgetting you inconveniently exist)

So WHY? JH-appa has a heart, a conscience deep down somewhere? He cares?!! :blink::wacko:

5) I'd love to see her mom's reaction too. LOL, JH's family is wealthier than theirs? More refined? 

Think it's NOT just Wealth that oma is resenting. It's also Class. If you look at JA's home and how the interior is decorated = it's a little more upscale-classy/refined-artsy, compared to just a typical middle-class Korean home. 

If only the writer and director can get our complaints and frustrations and change the story for the better. Too bad they have already filmed many scenes in advance so there's no way we can change the story even if it sucks. 

I agree with some members here that I love & prefer the earlier episodes. It seems like the story run out of steam as it progresses and the writer has made the story gone haywire. 

And I'm disappointed that although they are pretty much in love (and have 'done it' few times), all we see are mainly pecks and kiss on cheeks and holding hands. Especially disappointed at tonight's kiss under the rain with the green umbrella. I'm not saying they should kiss until show tongue :tongue: , but show us some long, passionate kiss please! Not innocent youngsters kiss (I dunno how to word it, hehe). Some more, this drama is shown at 11pm and not prime time ie. 830pm where whole family will watch together. 

Sigh, I hope the ending will be a good one. I still want to rewatch this drama again and again in the future :)

To give JA the benefit of the doubt, I don’t think she’ll break up with him because of her mom’s disapproval. I think it’s a case of kdrama noble idiocy where she’ll think “I’m not good for you so I’ll let you go”. Even though the person has said they can’t live without you now, they’ll still hurt them because they wanna “protect them”, unfortunately this is still a thing kdrama writers write /shrug/

Archived