[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Ah I am so sad about today's episode and JA having gone on a blind date - why did she do that? I mean to appease her mother? But it's not like it's going to do much, since Omma is really against JH as of now. I cannot wait to be able to watch it with subs... I am totally with KS here, in the sense that I would have a similar reaction. I am a bit disappointed in JA for not refusing till the end to be honest.

I find this episode painful to watch because of the character JA’s mum. I can no longer find any reason or excuse for her behaviour. She has gone mad. Lashing out at everyone. She tried to cajole JH into obedience and when he stood his ground, she tore the facade and told him it was because of his lack of achievements and status. She showed her values and declared that this is a materialistic world and she wanted her children and her grand children to live without wants. She was so crude as to say that she wasn’t afraid of people thinking that her reasons for raising children was for transactional purposes because she believed this is for their good. He tried to reason that he being young would have plenty of opportunity to work his way up. She refused him. She might sound reasonable. Very very materialistic but reasonable because she said that was her belief. Her values. Not something I can agree with but nonetheless her values and she was guided by her values. However, her actions were very difficult to watch. For me, she seemed mad. She dashed to JH’s place with intent to physically and verbally abused JA. She slapped JH across the face when he chose to kneel before her and took the stance of calm and quiet way of communicating their differences. She can have a materialistic value without behaving like a lunatic. Lashing out at people, hurting them physically and verbally because she couldn’t get her way? She is so unlovable... I am not sure how I can manage to watch the next episode with her appearing in the frame.

I don’t think JA is going to the matching making date to appease mum. She told her Father it is for JH. I believe she went there to tell the date that.

Ah I am so sad about today's episode and JA having gone on a blind date - why did she do that? I mean to appease her mother? But it's not like it's going to do much, since Omma is really against JH as of now. I cannot wait to be able to watch it with subs... I am totally with KS here, in the sense that I would have a similar reaction. I am a bit disappointed in JA for not refusing till the end to be honest.

I agree with you. I was disappointed as well. In my previous post i mentioned that in earlier episodes JA is way too apologetic about her own choices in life, to the point she’s like a door mat. But I thought I saw some changes in episode 9. It seems like this is going two steps forward and one step back , I’m sorry , she’s an independent 35 year old woman in a management position. If she can start standing up at the office , she needs to say no to her mum firmly. I understand the sentiments of filial piety & respecting your folks & not wanting to upset them being East Asian myself  but this is getting a bit much. 

I was terribly upset with subbed eps 10. The mum is abusive. It’s still boggles my mind & I find it hard to relate when two 30 year olds need permission & approval to date, but I can bypass that since I attribute to cultural differences. Without subs I’m not sure what her motivations are to go meet that man .But it the situation was reversed, I’m sure she would have been mad too .

7 hours ago, jesskitkat said:

I screamed a bit when I saw his naked back while he put on his shirt.. why oh why didn't show his abs??? :( I want to see more, huhuuuu..

FOR U under SPOILER :rolleyes:

Spoiler

ZNRZWTH.gif

M25nuzl.png

Regarding the whole JHI accident: well, it seems like as of now there are two sides of the story. One being that he was asked to move by the staff but did not; there is a video of it but it keeps being taken down. The second being that he was lost and it was all rushed. There are a couple of videos showing that he does seem lost and those videos are still up. I wonder what they are not releasing a statement or an apology... It certainly doing him harm... Ah la la, I am getting worried. If he did make a mistake, they need to acknowledge it quickly before it does more harm.

For me this really a case of much ado about nothing.

Why was his behaviour of not moving being construed negatively even if someone told him to and he didn’t? He was in the limelight, it was his first time receiving an award. Even if he heard, he might not have comprehended exactly what was going on. Even if he knew exactly what was going on and refused to move, that is not murder or theft... why r those netizens so judgemental over a lack of following “protocol”? Those netizens should not read this isolated behaviour as a serious flaw in JHI’s character. Let the one without sin cast the first stone.

I was also very much disappointed with JA and her decision to go on a blind date, actually I was very upset. I find it hard to understand her taking into account her age and her career. Hopefully I will find the explanation through EP 12 tonight. Poor Joon Hee,  despite all his sacrifice does he deserve this pain.

About the group photo, I trust JHI and believe in him. Most comments I saw on facebook are in support  of JHI which help put my mind at ease.

Ohh...the mother she is really something. Forcing her with old tactiques like she a muture old woman fould follow her. She needs to move out of her house and be moore independent. And show her mother she made a choice. 

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The dance scene with JA and KS that JH and SH walk into. It's just adorable.

JA: Oh, him. Isn’t that my little brother?
KS: It’s Joon Hee!
JA: Joon Hee!
KS: Hey, he’s my little brother!
JA: He’s my boyfriend!
KS: Hey! I’m the sister-in-law.
JA: Aigoo. Hyung-nim.
JH: Oh, geez.
JH: Have you both gone crazy?
KS: Here.
JA: Yeah.

SH: Do you like her even when she’s acting like that?
JH: She’s cute.
SH: Hey. Get lost. You get lost as well. Oh!

JH: Here. Go on.

So, as KS and JA are fighting over ownership of JH, KS reminds JA that she is the older sister-in-law. According to Korean familial customs, since KS is the older sister of the husband, she automatically places higher in the family hierarchy than husband's wife. Also, the wife is supposed to cater to her husband's family. So, JA immediately goes into respectful mode and bows from the waist so that her body forms a 90 degree angle, addressing KS with a term indicating KS' as sister-in-law, but also higher in the terms of hierarchy.

One other thing that might be interesting, Koreans have all sorts of bows, however, the bow where you bend at the waist and have your torso parallel to the floor is actually called "90 degrees" and is reserved to indicate deep respect. The only bow even more respectful would be the drop to the floor kind and that is only done on certain occasions and to certain people.

And I also like it that he decided to come out from the toilet and wait for her instead. Maybe worried for her safety since she's kinda drunk?

So thoughtful and gentle!

15 minutes ago, bugcie said:

S P O I L E R

Hide contents

I can't to see this later in action haha. :heart:

Thank you for all the translations @stroppyse even when your busy you don't forget to share... 

Awwwww so sweet. A kiss in the rain. Kissing while being soaked in the rain. In real life, it is not that romantic. I once get soaked in the rain with my ex and I just hated it lol because my makeup was not waterproof.

Seems that scene comes before Jin Ah meets Joon Hee's father, doesn't it? Joon Hee is quite angry about her meeting his father though

In  controversial situation: JHI is the 1st who came to the stage, this's accidental situation. Reporter & netizen was exaggeration (malevolent???)!

He never stood in the middle of a celebrity forest, mischievous and awkward, embarrassed that he did not know what to do, only according to the direction of the staff ...

Ohhh... My poor JH!!! Kkkk....

http://tv.naver.com/v/3161355

:wub:

tumblr_p84z0moD3N1sl7ec8o3_250.giftumblr_p84z0moD3N1sl7ec8o4_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p84z0moD3N1sl7ec8o2_r1_250.giftumblr_p84z0moD3N1sl7ec8o1_400.gif

This  selfie taken during their second press con.

DcXNUA3X4AIZ-kM.jpg

Still cut..:kiss_wink:

SHBobSWlMCjF636611272101552135.jpg

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Reveals Sneak Peek At Passionate Kiss In The Rain

Spoiler

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In1.jpg

JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” has released a tantalizing sneak peek at its upcoming episode!

On May 5, the drama unveiled a swoon-inducing still of Seo Joon Hee (played by Jung Hae In) and Yoon Jin Ah (played by Son Ye Jin) sharing a romantic kiss together in the rain. The couple passionately clings to one another under a green umbrella, evoking the iconic scene from earlier in the drama in which the two leads shared a heart-fluttering moment under a similar red umbrella.

Spoiler

Son-Ye-Jin-Jung-Hae-In-2.jpg

During the last episode of the drama, Yoon Jin Ah and Seo Joon Hee managed to keep their love going strong even after hearing the harsh words of Yoon Jin Ah’s disapproving mother. However, their romance ended up facing yet another obstacle when Yoon Jin Ah was forced to go on a blind date at the stubborn insistence of her mother.

Yoon Jin Ah happened to run into Seo Kyung Sun, her friend and Seo Joon Hee’s sister, outside the meeting spot for her date. Although Yoon Jin Ah only went on the date to appease her upset mother, Seo Kyung Sun naturally misunderstood her intentions and felt betrayed by her friend. Furious that Yoon Jin Ah would go on a blind date behind her brother’s back, Seo Kyung Sun insisted that the two lovers call it quits.

However, the new photo of Seo Joon Hee and Yoon Jin Ah enjoying a passionate kiss in the rain seems to indicate that the couple’s love might just be strong enough to endure the rocky road that lies ahead.

The next episode of “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” will air on May 5 at 11 p.m. KST.

Soompi

1 hour ago, bugcie said:

S P O I L E R

Hide contents

I can't to see this later in action haha. :heart:

Thank you for all the translations @stroppyse even when your busy you don't forget to share... 

I do hope it's a long and passionate kiss and not short pecks.. been waiting for this kind of romantic moment since their first kiss on ep4 :) 

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I doubt that I looked anywhere near as beautiful as JA does in the rain, but I do really love to do things in the rain, including walking, kissing, and making out beneath an umbrella. Something intimate about being so close to someone else, and it’s as if you’re just in a cosy world of two :wub: 

It helps to have waterproof makeup though. :D 

Thanks for the spoiler pic @bugcie.

Yes, I really wish those sweet gestures/ moments can still be done today of two persons who are so in love and enjoying every moment because the world we live in now is too full of judgmental people if you do that in public haha.  Isn't it nice to be happy and too in love awww. Doing these things with your partner is so precious. Something to be cherished forever. :wub: Can't wait for tonight's episode. :wub:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I just don't even know what to say. Her level of grandiosity is a form of megalomania. Money comes and goes, and a prosperous, well-respected family can go to the debt collectors. By torturing her children now and force them into situations where they are unhappy and possibly brutalized just so that others will be envious of them and her? How does that guarantee generation after generation of success? It's probably people like her who continue the trenchant corrupt culture in SK where anything can be excused if one has been born to the right family and have enough money. Hopefully, this is a rapidly diminishing minority opinion if it still exists.

The thing is though that it's not as if she's looking that closely into family background if she's happy to have the son of a rich family, or someone who is in a traditionally "respectable" position, aka lawyer, doctor, professor, it seems like.

Anyway, not sure what I'm hoping for episode 12. I think I'm just a bit tired now, and watching JA's mother makes me even more tired. :)

My sentiments exactly! You said it so well. After watching ep 11, I felt so tired of mum’s behaviour. I can think of all the repercussion of effects her behaviour had caused and feel even more exhausted. It is so sad and frustrating to see her self righteous attitude and total lack of awareness of harm and hurt she had caused. How dare a mother hid behind this mask of love for her children and at the same breath declared that it is ok for her to do whatever (even to treat them as commodities) because they r her children?! She vascilates between pleading and violence, between concern and ridicule... I don’t know how her family members are still sane around her.

I not sure how writer is going to continue with this character. This character is grating on my nerves.

You know, I've watched another drama before where the guy's Mom was just as horrible as JinAh's Mom and opposed the union because she thinks the commoner, ordinary lady's not good enough for her baby. I think it was emergency couple or something. I can't remember.

She really was insufferable, however, I really got the sense that she was really trying to do her son right by making sure he chose the right girl, the one, who, in her narrow-mind, will help him in life rather than drag him. She was totally unreasonable and not to be condoned, but I could tell that she really believes that she's doing the best for her "naïve" son's happiness, though in a very misguided way. The only way to convince such a parent is to stand strong in the relationship, though the son has to work extra hard to convince her that he's doing the right thing.

But JinAh's mother is just a goddamn selfish richard simmons who wanted a rich lawyer as a son-in-law and thinks nothing of her daughter who was horrified and disgusted by the bastard's cheating. I don't even think it's anything like, "I'm so glad my daughter has a financially strong man beside her" so much as "I have a rich son-in-law! Look!"

Don't try and use the "I love my daughter"/ "for my daughter's happiness/ sake" excuse. It makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

Do not criticize JA too soon. I think she wants to ease the tension of the situation now.

She doesn't want her mother to come  insulting  and beating JH; it breaks her heart.
She doesn't want telling to JH she goes to a blind date  because of that too: not wanting to hurt his feelings !
They love each other very much; They always think of each other. JH understands what she's doing is thinking of him.
I think she will decide not to go after meeting KS in front of the hotel.
And here they are....... together at the end.
I think they will overcome the obstacles together!

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Archived