[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! Our OTP dazzles!!! :wub: Thanks for sharing the photos, videos and GIFs! Sending flying kisses :heart:

I super like the color of SYJ’s dress. What do you call that color? She looks elegant in it. And boy, JHI is simply dashing. I swooned at the sight of him, especially when he smiled. :wub: They look perfect together! Waaahhhh!!!!! :D

Oh, I must confess that I ate my words. Last time I wrote that I won’t watch eps 9 and 10 until more cheerful episodes will come up. But I missed our cp so much and there was nothing worth watching for me so I risked my fragile heart and watched nonetheless.

Depressing episodes indeed. JA’s mom is scary. YSH gave a very apt description for their mom, she’s not the type to lose to her children. She really will have her way and that is also very pronounced on how she treats her husband. She does not respect him. I’ve seen too much husband battery in this drama and also child abuse. I wonder if she even loved him or just married him for security reasons; feed her, clothe her, house her, give her a stable future. I think the husband is also partially to be blamed for spoiling her and failing to correct her abusive actions. She’s over-reacting to JH and JA’s relationship. (How I wished a giant fly swatter will materialize in the air and swat her out of sight :tongue:) She is quite firm on her objection and is also trying hard to influence her husband, son and even KS to take her stand against our cp. Very malicious and close-minded. She knows that her husband is right that JA and Jh are already adults and can therefore decide on their own but her pride won’t let accept defeat. She was rather shameless to still arrange for JA to meet someone despite knowing that JA already have JH. And I dare say that she has lost her marbles when she went to JH’s apartment (still hoping I’m wrong here and that it was actually KS’ apartment.) That was stepping out of bounds. I feel that she is being a hypocrite trying to be nice to JH, playing mom to him when in truth, she’s backbiting him and thinks of him as not good enough for her children. She asked her son not to hang out with Jh and she don’t want him to be JA’s boyfriend. I can feel KS’ disgust when she tried to get her to break the couple apart.

What I liked in these episodes:

1. JA and her dad’s heart-to-heart talk. Dad lost a slew of points from me when he talked like JA’s mom. He said he wasn’t undermining JH’s social status but that he was concerned about his lack of parental guidance, sort of saying that JH is immature and incapable of making sound decisions. That kind of talk also hinted on JH’s incapability to give a stable future to JA. I salute JA for answering her dad matter-of-factly. She did not hold back in pointing out that her dad was wrong and explained to him what a wonderful guy JH is and how  beautiful is their love for one another. She was disappointed at how her parents reacted but despite this, she did not became vengeful but respected them and even took care of mom who got injured while beating her son (She deserved it :tongue:). She did not ran away from home and eloped with JH but she stayed home and did the chores. And where did she learn that? From JH! So mature and responsible.

2. During the confontation between mother and daughter, JA made it clear to her mom that she did not do anything wrong and won’t break up with JH. I am glad that she is firm in her decisions now. She’s no longer a “yes” girl but someone who knows what she wants and will stand by it. She was not like that in the beginning of this drama. She was easily shaken and would just let others control and bully her. That’s how she earned the monicker “Tambourine”. She has grown a lot. Ah, the power of love.

3. Our cp’s unwavering love for each other. Gosh, they’re too sweet :wub: I’m getting diabetic watching them. The contrast is very distinct. They’re unaffected by the turbulent thoughts and emotions of the people around them. They remind me of the eye of the storm. It’s calm in the eye but outside, it’s chaos. Like a waterlily beautifully floating above a murky pond, they thrive above the oppositions and negativity. I like how supportive and understanding they are of each other. JH was quite wistful when he said that they have reached the stage when they still feel close even when they are apart. Love defies distance.

KS’s reaction was on point, the feeling of betrayal, overprotectiveness over her brother, fondness for her bestfriend, jealousy and envy, fear of losing both, and worrying about JH’s mom. I like it that she cut the hysterics and after venting on her mom’s grave and on the cp, promised to try her best to understand them. 

A storm is brewing in the office and JA is right on its path. I wonder how this will affect our cp. Sexual harrassment is a major ugly issue in the workplace and anywhere else. I cringed hearing the conversation between the 2 male workers that sexual favors have been exchanged to gain certain benefits related to work. If this is true, it is akin to prostitution. No wonderful the female boss said, only the victim will know. I dread that something ugly in JA’s past will surface. I hope I’m wrong. Stay strong JH and JA!

SYJ is really a natural beauty here. Like her a lot! JHI is so fresh, so dashing and he's really the "it" boy now!

Seems like the Thai greeting is going to be JHI's trademark whenever he's out meeting fans. I actually wish he won't do it so often though...

They looked a bit tired, I think, but seemed happy and enjoyed each other company. SYJ is used to this type of event so she looked more relaxing. JHI, on the other hand, looked nervous and a little bit stiff. I like their first presscon for Pretty Noona drama the most. I hope JHI will get best new actor award next year :)

Thank you for all the pictures :wub: 

I watched vlive but was too slow

son-ye-jin-4-7373-1525356481_m_460x0.jpg

7 hours ago, jesskitkat said:

Omo omo omo! He looks too dashing! I can't take it!

But I find SYJ too pale and she looks kinda old & tired tonight. Maybe with slightly more makeup (not very heavy) and a different colour dress would make her look younger and more beautiful. 

Ah I agree. The color of the dress suits her but she needed a brighter/fresher make-up to go with it, to create a sharper contrast. In some photos, she looks her age and really tired.

That said, it was cute to see them together and to have everyone be excited to see them together. They seem to get along well.

2 hours ago, stresseddesserts said:

I'm a newbie, pretty sure I'm not allowed to do it yet! Did you guys see the video of them on the red carpet? They looked so adorable!

I know no such rule. Go ahead.

12 minutes ago, vl88vl_stv said:

I have seen some members here mentioning about watching this series on Netflix.  May I ask what is its title on Netflix? Is it Netflix in US? I tried to search but nothing came up. Thanks.

A lot of Koreans shows are not up on Netflix US when being aired in Korea. So, for instance, when Prison Playbook was aired in Korea, it was subbed by Netflix and available in the UK, Germany, etc. but not in the US. It came out on Netflix US once it was all done, all the episodes at once.

Ah speaking of which, JHI hang out with the actors of Prison Playbook at the B Awards :D Made my day!

24 minutes ago, vl88vl_stv said:

I have seen some members here mentioning about watching this series on Netflix.  May I ask what is its title on Netflix? Is it Netflix in US? I tried to search but nothing came up. Thanks.

I’m not sure about other regions , but it is available on Netflix Asia 

Archived