Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

2 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I think the ladies omma and KS are going to be the problem for accepting them as couples, now that appa and SH know about their relationship.  even though it was difficult for SH, JH was firm that he is not going to give up on JA.  SH asks if he considered KS noona in this,  JH bluntly tells him that if KS did not accept them, let it be like that.  He is determined in his thoughts.  wow!!!! he is the man!!!!

Yep! He's the man and i like it!! Hope their relationship will grow bigger... i don't mind if writer will make JA pregnant!! A baby would be great!!!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

JA finds out that she needs GM in order to make changes to her phone. Then JA and BR talk.

JA: Even though the charges and the installment payments had continued to be paid from my account?
Rep: This has nothing to do with that.
JA: Then, are you saying that I absolutely can’t change this by myself?
Rep: According to the regulations, no, you can’t.

BR: Why aren’t you answering your phone?
JA: Oh, don’t even talk to me about phones.
BR: Even if you don’t want to hear anything, you have to hear this.
JA: Huh?

BR: Yoon Jin Ah, your ankle has totally been caught by me. (means JA is at her mercy)
JA: What do you mean my ankle? I think that my entire life is in your hands. Anyway, thank you.
BR: But you know, that I normally don’t have any interest in other people’s issues, don’t you? But no matter how much I think about the two of you, it doesn’t make sense. Can’t you just date Seo Joon Hee-sshi? To put it bluntly, well, he’s not your actual little brother nor is he a close bloodline, so what is the issue?
JA: Inescapable responsibility?
BR: I’m supposed to laugh now, right?
JA: Yes, it’s better than crying.
BR: Anyway, if he’s a man that you want to meet even having to take all of this into account, is he that great?
JA: Yes. Very.
BR: I wonder if you’re just joking around or not.
JA: Really. There is this thing… Whenever I see him, my heart starts racing. And, inside, there’s this full feeling, and there’s this big…
BR: Let’s see! Let’s see!
JA: Have you ever felt that, Manager Geum?
BR: Is there anything left inside there?!
BR: Oh. I didn’t expect to be Chun Hyang, but I never even dreamed that I would become Hyang Dan. (me: Chun Hyang is a famous love story where CH is the main and HD is her servant.)
JA: I really never even imagined that I would be talking with Geum Bo Ra like this.
BR: Since one really never knows in one’s life.
JA: In that spirit of things, please lend me your cellphone.
BR: Here! Really. Will this be long?
JA: Tambourine Yoon?
BR: I’m going to change it. I’m going to change it.
JA: Change it.
BR: I will change it. Seriously.
JA: This isn’t Manager Geum. Who do you think it is? It’s Jin Ah. (me: OMG, baby talk. BR’s face says it all. LOL) Oh, I’m sorry. Are you working?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

@pad-hari awww so husband material. I like it when he is so different with the typical male lead in kdramas. Please nooo. I don't want a cliffhanger like that. How am I supposed to wait for another week with a cliffhanger like that. I hope it was a flashback scene before he went to US to work. Could it be possible that the airport scene was when he went to US?

5 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Yep! He's the man and i like it!! Hope their relationship will grow bigger... i don't mind if writer will make JA pregnant!! A baby would be great!!!

Appa Joon Hee and Omma Jin Ah are still not ready for a baby though :lol: but in their unreadiness, maybe it will somehow happen?:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

JA and JH eat together, and JA is pushing JH off a bit.

JH: After we eat, let’s go buy you a cellphone.
JA: In a few days. Since I’m working at the store, there’s really no need for one, and since I don’t make useless calls, it’s very comfortable.
JH: Then what about me?
JA: Hm?
JA: But we see each other almost every day. And we can email each other when we want to meet up.
JH: What if suddenly work comes up and we have to change plans? It’s too uncomfortable, so it won’t do.
JA: Okay. I’ll buy one.
JH: Let’s go together. I’ll buy you one.
JA: No, no. Don’t worry about it. I can buy one.
JA: Shall we have a glass of wine? Oh, you said you had to work all night, didn’t you?
JH: That doesn’t matter, but because I have to drive. After we finish eating, I’ll drive you home.
JA: No, I’ll take the subway.
JA: Since in front of the house, mom might be there, and we have to be careful. And, also, having you drop me off and then go back to the office alone concerns me as well. And, it’s not that late anyway, so it’s okay.
JH: There’s something that you’re not telling me, isn’t there?
JA: No! Why? What could I be hiding? Even if I were hiding something, wouldn’t you know about it?
JH: That’s true. I would know.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

I love JA’s father’s (Appa) reactions to GM’s accusations of JH and JA. Appa did not waver when GM demanded an apology. He told GM he cheated first and JA could date anyone she wanted. Appa spoke up for JH and testify for JH’s character. This is an astute man who knows his children. 

Perhaps, GM, frustrated with Appa’s reactions, took out his anger on JA. GM cared only for how he was perceived. 

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Spoiler

I think they will not make JA pregnant. Thanks to @dramaninja recommendation, i saw iron ladies, the same plot noona-dongsaeng romance. They are very careful and use the contraception.   if anyone want to give a try, its just 13 episodes.  I liked it very much.

So, i doubt if they will take into the pregnancy route. But i like  if JA is pregnant with JH's baby.

• Like 8

JH chases after JA at the subway to give her his phone to use instead.

JH: You haven’t gotten on yet.
JA: Do you know how many years I’ve taken the subway? I could ride it even with my eyes closed.
JH: Take mine. I’ll use the office phone.
JA: Oh, really.
JH: Put my mind at ease, please.
JA: What if Kyung Sun calls?
JH: Just don’t answer it. Well, if it concerns you, then after we talk, you can turn it off.
JA: And if another woman calls?
JH: Do you think I’ll be caught out like that? I already told them all not to call me.
JA: is that so? I’ll have to erase all the women’s names from your address book.
JH: Wait a second. Give me my cellphone for just a second.
JA: I think that’s finished now.
JH: Just give it to me for a second.
JA: I’m curious to know how many will have to be removed.

(train comes, and JA gets on while JH watches)
JA: (mouths) Go in.

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 7

JA and JH talk. Then JH gets a call from KS.

JA: Because you’re dating me, you’ve been suffering a lot, haven’t you?
JH: I have been. Since you choose to do only the things that I don’t want you to do.
JA: What did I do so much…?
JH: Thinking of things that you shouldn’t. Worrying about things that haven’t happened yet. Doubting yourself.
JA: You’re saying that I only do such useless things?
JH: But why do I like you so much?
JA: The incomparable charms of Yoon Jin Ah?
JH: Hang up.
JA: Hello?
JA: What? He really hung up? Really? Oh. He hung up so fast.
(phone rings, it’s KS)

JH: Yes? Hello? Speak.
KS: How did you know it was me?
JH: Noona?
KS: I’ve totally caught you. Who was it that you had been bantering with?
JH: Oh, Seung Chul had been calling the office. I thought it was him again.
KS: You should be careful. Other than Kang Se Young, there’s another woman who seems to be eyeing you.
JH: That’s so unnecessary. Is there a woman in this building who doesn’t like me?
KS: Who else? Yoon Jin Ah.
JH: That’s right. She’s the only exception.
KS: But where is your handphone that you don’t answer it? I tried and tried, and finally called you at the office instead.
JH: I must have left it somewhere else. I think I left it in the conference room.
KS: Oh. I don’t even expect closeness, but at least let’s each check that the other is still living.
JH: I understand. Until I get home, please stay alive and well.
KS: I’ll try. (hangs up)
JH: Oh, that was startling.
JH: Yoon Jin Ah, she…
phone: The phone you are trying to reach has been turned off.
KS: At times like this, she sure listens well.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA's father is awesome! JA's father and GM talk.

JA Father: The person that you’ve been talking about until now, do you mean Joon Hee?
GM: Joon Hee or whoever, I don’t know. The guy I saw at your house, Seung Ho’s friend, he’s the one that Jin Ah has been seeing. And, even Jin Ah has said it herself, that he’s her boyfriend.

SH: Why are you here?
JH: Why ask when you know?
SH: Even crawling here on your knees wouldn’t have been enough, but what? “Why ask when you know?”
JH: Do you want to talk here?

JA Father: So? Why did you want to see me?
GM: Apologize to me. Treating me as the only one who was cheating, I came to get your apology for that.
JA Father: I don’t think I was wrong.
GM: Well, Yoon Jin Ah was seeing someone else as well.
JA Father: You said you did it first. Then there is no reason why Jin Ah couldn’t see someone else after that.
GM: Well. Well, that is true, but…
GM: She says she’s dating her little brother’s friend, and are you really okay with that?
JA Father: Actually, I prefer it. Since I’ve seen him since he was a child, he feels like a son to me. And, how sincere and kind he is, I know better than anyone. So, he’s dating our Jin Ah, could I like anyone better? Because he’s like a son to us, Jin Ah must not have been able to tell us for fear that we’ll be shocked. For finding me like this to tell me about it, thank you.

Thanks a million chingu for your efforts!!

JA's dad is really the best!! I knew it! I knew that he would be supportive!!:D

• Like 10

This is a crazy ending scene.

JA: Hey! What are you doing?! Are you crazy?! Hurry and stop the car! Stop the car now!
JA: Don’t be like this. Gyu Min, don’t be like this. Please. What are you trying to do? What is it that you want?
GM: I’m going to die. With you. We’re going to die together.
GM: Get out of the way. Get out of the way. Get out of the way.

I can see why everyone was anxious for the preview. :)

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 6

A note from the back end:

Our translators DO love inverted sentences. I don't understand Korean, so I go by the English rules. Normally, I'd switch these phrases for readability. But not this one. When I was going over this, I figured that maybe this is what the Korean sentence transliterates to. This line actually works even in English. It emphasizes "for a very, very long time" because it puts the phrase as the subject. Also, when you utter this sentence,  you'd have to pause and breathe before saying "I'll love you." This may seem trivial to some, but I believe it adds to the drama's romance. Their language is plain yet sincere. It's the language of familiarity. It's the language of real love.

vlcsnap-2018-04-20-14h46m44s693.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

With JA's voiceover, I thought the inversion of that phrase was beautiful, and actually, I thought that since the "I love you" was the very last thought, that it gave more emphasis to the "I love you" to have it end the sequence and the preview.

Aww, isn't that a nice touch? Props to the scriptwriter and the editor. It's really beautiful  -- anticipating what someone would do for a very, very long time, and then hearing it's loving you. It's not just a promise. It's also a vow. Wait, did she just write her wedding vow with that voicemail? 

• Like 17

"I’m also learning a lot. That love is without any grudges, without any reservations, a heart pouring everything out for one person."   Imma make a poster 

• Like 14
  • LOL 5

HI everyone! I've been lurking around for some time now... But I had to say this: JH's smile when he heard JA's confession is priceless.  I'm in love with these two... Thank you @stroppyse and @jeijei for all your efforts, I'm so grateful you guys :)

• Like 13